Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses (16849 Views)

Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 / Plastic Chair Used As Wheelchair At The Emergency Unit Of UNTH, Enugu (Photos) / Unclaimed Corpses At State Hospital, Otta In Ogun Buried (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by chinwe1960: 10:15am On Feb 06, 2019
UNTH TO DISPOSE 450 DUMPED CORPSES
According to reports, The University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital has expressed its decision to dispose 450 corpses abandoned in the hospital since 2010 .
Chief Medical Director , Dr. Christopher Amah , who spoke to The interviewers, said that most of the corpses were dumped by operatives of the Enugu State Police Command , while a few of them were those that died in the hospital but because of some unknown reasons , their relations did not ask for the bodies .
Amah called on those who have relations among the dead persons to come and collect the bodies free of charge .
He said : “ These corpses have been in the hospital since 2010, occupying the space .
“Most of them are suspected robbers that Police shot dead and later dumped in the hospital .
“We have published the notice in the media , after which we have commenced the process of disposing the bodies through mass burial. “We went to court and got the permit . One of the conditions was that we must advertise the intention so that affected persons could come and claim their relation ’s body.
“The notification is for one month; but as soon as the one month notice expires , the law permits us to perform mass burial as necessary .”

Source :
StateReporter Newspaper
http://www.statereporters.com/2019/02/06/unth-to-dispose-450-dumped-corpses/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by kalufelix(m): 10:45am On Feb 06, 2019
Funke!! shocked

450 what??

Hope the remains of the late buhari is found there.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by dominique(f): 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
The cadavers should be given to the medical students for experiments instead.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by Princeton92(m): 6:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
Pls do!!!!
Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by agylistic77: 6:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
This bodies supposed to be given to Agriculturist to fertilize our soil

5 Likes

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by StupidInyamiri: 6:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
embarassed I know my Nairaland feed is extreme, I’m actually pretty chill in person.

2 Likes

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by foxton: 6:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
dominique:
dts no more cadaver, its just stock fish kinda corpses

21 Likes

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by mazizitonene(m): 6:44pm On Feb 06, 2019
I have nothing to say.... absolutely nothing

3 Likes

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by braine(m): 6:44pm On Feb 06, 2019
kalufelix:
Funke!! shocked

450 what??

You talk anyhow. If they arrest you now, you'll say someone is a tyrant.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by bedspread: 6:44pm On Feb 06, 2019
Dispose to Where?

No Wonder Pmb keeps Appointing Dead men ...

Please stop this Disposing Oooooo!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by Debra911(f): 6:44pm On Feb 06, 2019
dominique:
They r no more fresh. will still do for cadaver though, its needed

2 Likes

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by senatepresido: 6:45pm On Feb 06, 2019
naija
Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by stanley99a(m): 6:45pm On Feb 06, 2019
[quote author=chinwe1960 post=75465244]UNTH TO DISPOSE 450 DUMPED CORPSES
According to reports, The University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital has expressed its decision to dispose 450 corpses abandoned in the hospital since 2010 .
Chief Medical Director , Dr. Christopher Amah , who spoke to The interviewers, said that most of the corpses were dumped by operatives of the Enugu State Police Command , while a few of them were those that died in the hospital but because of some unknown reasons , their relations did not ask for the bodies .
Amah called on those who have relations among the dead persons to come and collect the bodies free of charge .
This one make me laff hard.
After una don tear huge hospital bill to the family of the deceased, them abandon the body for una na. grin
Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by Maser: 6:45pm On Feb 06, 2019
Tt
Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by CyberWolf: 6:45pm On Feb 06, 2019
450 bodies ke.. in that small mortuary?

1 Like

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by magicminister: 6:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
Most of the bodies were dumped by the police yet no one sees a problem with that? A lot of these people have families that have searched endlessly for them without knowing they have been murdered by the police. This is a shame!

My friend’s dad has been missing for over 2 years.
Some months ago, a police man pointed pointed his gun to me because he thought I ran a red light. He extorted 10k from me which I eventually got back after I made some calls. What if I didn’t know people in the police??

My country has a very long way to go and we are one of the most backward country on earth after Liberia, Congo, Somalia and sudan.

———-

In 2011 , my flight was delayed and my cousin came to pick me. On my way back to his place, a JTF (joint police and army) van stopped in front of us and made everybody to come out and lie down on the floor. Then they told us to get into their van while one of them drove the car. We were made to cough out 20k that night after they threatened that they would treat us like armed robbers if we don’t settle them before they get to the station.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by nairalee(m): 6:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
Naija! I sincerely hope that someday every human life will be valuable and not just an entire entity to end up as a mere entry

4 Likes

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by Ayoswit(f): 6:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
Double wahala for deadi bodi

6 Likes

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:47pm On Feb 06, 2019
.........while a few of them were those that died in the hospital but because of some unknown reasons , their relations did not ask for the bodies.

Where are their family members for God's sake?
Which kin world be dis sef?!
Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 06, 2019
dominique:
I'm guessing they have enough.
Throw them to the hyenas,!!
Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by Gkemz: 6:47pm On Feb 06, 2019
Some of the corpses, the families might be thinking that they are still alive especially the armed robbers.

7 Likes

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:48pm On Feb 06, 2019
Gkemz:
Some of the corpses, the families might be thinking that they are still alive especially the armed robbers.
You are 100% right with this bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by ugochukwufrenzy: 6:49pm On Feb 06, 2019
braine:

You talk anyhow. If they arrest you now, you'll say someone is a tyrant.
lol
Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2019
Life is too short, with a blink of an eye you missed it.

3 Likes

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by Mrpojj(m): 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2019
chinwe1960:
UNTH TO DISPOSE 450 DUMPED CORPSES
He said : “ These corpses have been in the hospital since 2010, occupying the space .
“Most of them are suspected robbers that Police shot dead and later dumped in the hospital .
“We have published the notice in the media , after which we have commenced the process of disposing the bodies through mass burial. “We went to court and got the permit . One of the conditions was that we must advertise the intention so that affected persons could come and claim their relation ’s body.
“The notification is for one month; but as soon as the one month notice expires , the law permits us to perform mass burial as necessary .”

Source :
StateReporter Newspaper
http://www.statereporters.com/2019/02/06/unth-to-dispose-450-dumped-corpses/

When police kills and bring they will accept
But when bring gun shot victim still alive they will be askn for permit

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2019
Okk
We only LIVE to DIE
while some are already LIVING LIFELESS.
Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by asdfjklhaha(f): 6:52pm On Feb 06, 2019
So Nigerian police killed 450 innocent people and dumped their bodies in the mortuary? I'm really scared of this country

3 Likes

Re: UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses by Vickthore: 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2019
kalufelix:
Funke!! shocked

450 what??

And u call him a dictator; can u try dz joke with ur daddy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For January 13 2021 In Nigeria / Baldness Hair Regrowth Essence(for quick hair growth) / My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.