Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,871 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries (7518 Views)

Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 06, 2019
This is not a hate speech but a good rant. if you like comment, it is not by force.

I am tired of you guys especially many of you that call yourself Nigerians, the moment you step feet abroad, your next ambition is to be a social justice warrior and a fan of liberal ideas of equality and all sorts of ideology that are unrealistic or goes against the African cultures, you are easily manipulated and easily deceived by western cultures then you start bashing anything Nigerian or African especially many of our women, things are not perfect here but once you land in that western countries suddenly, you became aware of rights and some fancy political ideas that will destroy mankind. let's think about this for a moment, wherein nature is there equality? i am for equal opportunities but that should not mean you will get everything on a platter of gold,even among men where is the equality, you guys become so extreme that political correctness is your logo, nobody can say their opinion without being called a misogynist, of what purpose is a discussion if everything ends in abuse.

Some of you guys are bringing what you learnt abroad here into our society, disrupting social norms and creating more divide and hate, just last year there was a protest in yaba by women who claimed they are fighting against sellers who drag or touch them when they want to buy something in the market, I laugh when I saw the protest, I know one of your agents was there among you protester(the white woman who is brainwashing you guys), is it not funny that the main culprits of sexual harassments and molestations are the big men in high places, in offices, the man that will call you to hotels before he can give you a job, you guys didn't take your fight and protest to them because you know most of you will lose your job or lose their friendships, the easier target to show your guilt and frustration is the poor seller selling in yaba. I am so happy they laughed at you guys

I hope you guys will change, universities in the western world are turning to brainwashing centers where strange ideologies are taught instead of education, on campuses, nobody wants to hear other people viewpoint, sometimes the professor makes it seems like, as a black man or woman, the system is against you, which is not true, they are programming you to be a loser, not to work hard, to blame the white man, to blame the system instead of taking responsibility for yourself. some of these Nigerians studying in western universities are so brainwashed that when they come to Nigeria, they think everybody is out to get them especially when they fail, i hope one day you see through this madness.

Just because you saw all the materialism of the western world doesn't mean we in Africa are stupid, we need to protect our culture and heritage. the western world is trying their best to destroy our culture and identity, so that we can accept anything, once you destroy a man culture and identity, you can indoctrinate him or her just like what they are doing in the west especially in America, i hope we will open our eyes and see what these type of people and their agents are doing here. some of you are indirectly and directly their agents. pls, wisen up, if your idea can not help lift millions of Nigerians from poverty, pls keep your divisive and hate ideas in your pocket and don't think you are better than Nigerian here because you are living abroad.

some of you when you are back in Nigeria suffer from returnee syndrome, thinking you deserve the best jobs and opportunity because you studied abroad.

6 Likes

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by BarristerAlarig: 11:32am On Feb 06, 2019
This makes total sense.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by jesmond3945: 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:
This is not a hate speech but a good rant. if you like comment, it is not by force.

I am tired of you guys especially many of you that call yourself Nigerians, the moment you step feet abroad, your next ambition is to be a social justice warrior and a fan of liberal ideas of equality and all sorts of ideology that are unrealistic or goes against the African cultures, you are easily manipulated and easily deceived by western cultures then you start bashing anything Nigerian or African especially many of our women, things are not perfect here but once you land in that western countries suddenly, you became aware of rights and some fancy political ideas that will destroy mankind. let's think about this for a moment, wherein nature is there equality? i am for equal opportunities but that should not mean you will get everything on a platter of gold,even among men where is the equality, you guys become so extreme that political correctness is your logo, nobody can say their opinion without being called a misogynist, of what purpose is a discussion if everything ends in abuse.

Some of you guys are bringing what you learnt abroad here into our society, disrupting social norms and creating more divide and hate, just last year there was a protest in yaba by women who claimed they are fighting against sellers who drag or touch them when they want to buy something in the market, I laugh when I saw the protest, I know one of your agents was there among you protester(the white woman who is brainwashing you guys), is it not funny that the main culprits of sexual harassments and molestations are the big men in high places, in offices, the man that will call you to hotels before he can give you a job, you guys didn't take your fight and protest to them because you know most of you will lose your job or lose their friendships, the easier target to show your guilt and frustration is the poor seller selling in yaba. I am so happy they laughed at you guys

I hope you guys will change, universities in the western world are turning to brainwashing centers where strange ideologies are taught instead of education, on campuses, nobody wants to hear other people viewpoint, sometimes the professor makes it seems like, as a black man or woman, the system is against you, which is not true, they are programming you to be a loser, not to work hard, to blame the white man, to blame the system instead of taking responsibility for yourself. some of these Nigerians studying in western universities are so brainwashed that when they come to Nigeria, they think everybody is out to get them especially when they fail, i hope one day you see through this madness.

Just because you saw all the materialism of the western world doesn't mean we in Africa are stupid, we need to protect our culture and heritage. the western world is trying their best to destroy our culture and identity, so that we can accept anything, once you destroy a man culture and identity, you can indoctrinate him or her just like what they are doing in the west especially in America, i hope we will open our eyes and see what these type of people and their agents are doing here. some of you are indirectly and directly their agents. pls, wisen up, if your idea can not help lift millions of Nigerians from poverty, pls keep your divisive and hate ideas in your pocket and don't think you are better than Nigerian here because you are living abroad.

some of you when you are back in Nigeria suffer from returnee syndrome, thinking you deserve the best jobs and opportunity because you studied abroad.
this only happens in America not in Europe
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 06, 2019
jesmond3945:
this only happens in America not in Europe

it is happening all over the west.

One phd holder in canada and a professor in the uk were sacked recently by their employer for fighting for free speech on campus. The faculty members wrote a petition against them in their respective countries.

1 Like

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by otipoju(m): 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:

This one does not know what a normal life is like. Try and live in a place like Sweden for one year only and we will see if what goes on in Nigeria will not anger you.

22 Likes

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2019
otipoju:

This one does not know what a normal life is like. Tey and live in a place like Sweden for 1 year and we will see if what goes on in Nigeria will not anger you.

our reality are different and what does my thread has to do with living in sweden. I am talking about false ideas being spread to nigeria by people studying and living abroad.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by otipoju(m): 4:12pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:

our reality are different and what does my thread has to do with living in sweden. I am talking about false ideas being spread to nigeria by people studying and living abroad.

You are condoning women being groped in public ny traders as normal.?

I lived on Tejuosho street in yaba and saw this harrassment nearly everyday.

Even when i was in Lagos i knew that was not right

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 06, 2019
otipoju:

let them take the fight to the real people molesting and sexually assaulting women. What of the big man that wants to sleep with them beform an interview or the big man that grabs them. Why dont they take their fight to the real abusers in high places.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 06, 2019
otipoju:

what of the big men who ask for sex before an interview.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Beautyaddy: 4:24pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:

Yes, why are these barbaric big men in Nigeria have to ask for sex before they hire or interview these women?

Why can't they interview these women base on merit?

Believe it or not most of the so-called cultures you are claiming that should be protected in Nigeria are what is called disguised slavery culture

4 Likes

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Agbaletu: 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:

let them take the fight to the real people molesting and sexually assaulting women. What of the big man that wants to sleep with them beform an interview or the big man that grabs them. Why dont they take their fight to the real abusers in high places.
This is below you, man. I don't expect any man to support what is happening at Tejuosho.
Aside that, you have stated the obvious things about Africans in diaspora.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Yes, why are these barbaric big men in Nigeria have to ask for sex before they hire or interview these women?

Why can't they interview these women base on merit?

i was expecting those women to channel their protest to those men in big places.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 06, 2019
Agbaletu:

This is below you, man. I don't expect any man to support what is happening at Tejuosho.
Aside that, you have stated the obvious things about Africans in diaspora.

are we going to ignore the big men in offices that do ask for sex from a woman? or tell her to come to a hotel before he can do anything.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Beautyaddy: 4:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:

are we going to ignore the big men in offices that do ask for sex from a woman? or tell her to come to a hotel before he can do anything.

I see that you are fixated on a weak argument with this question.

If the culture and laws in Nigeria supports women with equal opportunities with jobs and rights those women will not be desperate to have sex with those big men pigs to get a job.

9 Likes

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
Beautyaddy:

I see that you are fixated on a weak argument with this question.

If the culture and laws in Nigeria supports women with equal opportunities with jobs and rights those women will not be desperate to have sex with those big men pigs to get a job.

there is equal opportunities for jobs in nigeria. In federal and state govt services there are more females and they collect equal pay as men even in the private sector you will see more woman. Equal opportunity is different from sexual harrasement.

1 Like

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by jesmond3945: 4:47pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:

it is happening all over the west.

One phd holder in canada and a professor in the uk were sacked recently by their employer for fighting for free speech on campus. The faculty members wrote a petition against them in their respective countries.
were is your source?
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 06, 2019

1 Like

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Beautyaddy: 4:54pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:

there is equal opportunities for jobs in nigeria. In federal and state govt services there are more females and they collect equal pay as men even in the private sector you will see more woman. Equal opportunity is different from sexual harrasement.

Now you're gradually changing your argument.

So who do these Nigerian women report to about sexual harassment being offered to them by the these big men to keep their jobs or get employed...and what gets done after that?
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 06, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Now you're gradually changing your argument.

So who do these Nigerian women report to about sexual harassment being offered to them by the these big men to keep their jobs or get employed...and what gets done after that?

many of them do not report and those that did report and their was evidence the law took its cause. Do not think laws do not work here in nigeria.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by otipoju(m): 5:03pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:

In the western world do you know how many men have their entire careers ruined because they harrassed women sexually... if it is going on in Nigeria unhindered, its because their is not a fight back yet.

I know lecturers are more cautious with what their sleeping with girls for marks now because their is a fight against it. For instance the OAU prof who is going to jail for harrassing his student.

It will start from somewhere. But if some people are fighting to correct societal ills in whatever form , we should encourage them not discourage them. If we cant encourage them let us not hinder them by this attempt to shame them.

8 Likes

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 06, 2019
otipoju:

In the western world do you know how many men have their entire careers ruined because they harrassed women sexually... if it is going on in Nigeria unhindered, its because their is not a fight back yet.

I know lecturers are more cautious with what their sleeping with girls for marks now because their is a fight against it. For instance the OAU prof who is going to jail for harrassing his student.

It will start from somewhere. But if some people are fighting to correct societal ills in whatever form , we should encourage them not discourage them. If we cant encourage them let us not hinder them by this attempt to shame them.

i am not discouraging anybody. Most sexual assault and harrasement in nigeria happens in closed places in offices, universities, churches etc. Let the protest be channel there.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by otipoju(m): 5:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:

i am not discouraging anybody. Most sexual assault and harrasement in nigeria happens in closed places in offices, universities, churches etc. Let the protest be channel there.

Ok. Just get it out of your head that diaspora people feel or behave one kain. They are pained that their ancestral lands, is in shambles.If you have ever lived un a normal society, you will not truly know how sick and backward nigeria truly is.

1 Like

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
otipoju:

Ok. Just get it out of your head that diaspora people feel or behave one kain. They are pained that their ancestral lands, is in shambles.If you have ever lived un a normal society, you will not truly know how sick and backward nigeria truly is.

dude, if you read what i wrote well, i was talking about the ideas that have destroyed the black community in america or in Europe, they shouldn't bring that here and that is what they are trying to do

In the 60s-70s black America had 90% intact family of both mother and father, now it is 70%, single mothers home
there was less crime in black America now black america is in shambles, even in the UK stabbing and gangs are the norms in the black community.single motherhood is increasing because of the welfare society.

if they are trying to sell us failed ideologies, pls they should not but if they want to transfer skills to Nigerians , they are very welcome.

1 Like

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Beautyaddy: 5:44pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:

many of them do not report and those that did report and their was evidence the law took its cause. Do not think laws do not work here in nigeria.

Then does women who don't report are either fools or are scared that reporting will not change anything.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 06, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Then does women who don't report are either fools or are scared that reporting will not change anything.

because they don't know their rights. in sexual harassment, it is choice you either agree or you say NO, if you agree, then it is your fault but if you stand on your feet and say No and also report to the right authorities then good for you. this are the people i am supporting.

i didnt only talk about sexual harassment in my write up.LOL
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Beautyaddy: 5:52pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:

dude, if you read what i wrote well, i was talking about the ideas that have destroyed the black community in america or in Europe, they should bring that here and that is what they are trying to bring

In the 60s-70s black america had 90% intact family of both mother and father, now it is 70% single mothers
there were less crime in black america now black america is in shambles, even in the UK stabbing and gangs are the norms in the black community.single motherhood is increasing because of the welfare society

if they are trying to sell us failed ideology, pls they should not but if they want to transfer skills to Nigerians , they are very welcome.

I shake my head to this baseless argument of yours.

So it is only the black race that resides in the US?

No one is putting a gun to the heads of any of the black people heads to choose that lifestyle or is forcing them. They are choices being offered to anyone be it Africans, Asians, Europeans and the list goes on to have alternatives and not be stuck or forced into living life unhappy without choices.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
Beautyaddy:

I shake my head to this baseless argument of yours.

So it is only the black race that resides in the US?

No one is putting a gun to the heads of any of the black people heads to choose that lifestyle or is forcing them. They are choices being offered to anyone be it Africans, Asians, Europeans and the list goes on to have alternatives and not be stuck or forced into living life unhappy without choices.

so this is baseless when there are facts you can check out that for yourself on the internet. The environment you live in influence your thinking and that is a fact.

this is the real fact: (In 1992 25% of African-American families were simple nuclear families in comparison to 36% of all US families. now, Almost 70 percent of black children are born to single mothers.)
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by stagger: 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2019
Nobody tries that groping shit on my woman; not when I am following her. Else that fellow will lose his hand Spartacus style. Imagine the OP even tacitly giving it a stamp of approval.

I know his problem. He has never set foot outside the country, hence his lack of appreciation of how societies work.

1 Like

Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
stagger:
Nobody tries that groping shit on my woman; not when I am following her. Else that fellow will lose his hand Spartacus style. Imagine the OP even tacitly giving it a stamp of approval.

I know his problem. He has never set foot outside the country, hence his lack of appreciation of how societies work.

i really do not want to argue with you. pls explain to me how society works and if you helped to build that society you lived in, or in your society sexual harassment does not happen.

and what does my write up has to do with your ideas of how society works, i am writing about ideologies that have failed in the western world and some bunch of people bringing that here to Nigeria creating divide and hate, (divide and conquer is real and that is what i see when some failed western idealogy began to rear its head in Nigeria)
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Mizwisdom(f): 6:18pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:

You seem pained about the protest, are you by any chance one of the culprits?
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 06, 2019
Mizwisdom:

You seem pained about the protest, are you by any chance one of the culprits?

this is the problem, when can someone interact well without spitting out some stuff to ignite unwarranted arguments.

yes i am pained and i am one of their culprits.
Re: My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries by Mizwisdom(f): 6:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:

this is the problem, when can someone interact well without spitting out some stuff to ignite unwarranted arguments.

yes i am pained and i am one of their culprits.

Good thing you've confessed. You can't molest people and expect to be given a pat on your back for doing a good job, this doesn't happen where there's sanity, In my opinion you're a disgrace to male folks.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Batch Of 259 Hajj Pilgrims Arrive Sokoto / EFCC Charges Bellview, First Nation Airlines With N1.7bn Fraud / How Much Will It Cost Me To Get A Visa To Swaziland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.