Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,738 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally (18422 Views)

The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 / The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa / 10 Of The Most Powerful Passports In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by DONADAMS(m): 3:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
Ekakamba:
They print your details on it, just the way we import A4 papers et al and use it to print. grin tongue
God forbid!! Nigeria doesn't import A4 paper...don't tell me you're serious
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 06, 2019
san316:
That means we can get our passports within a shorter time.
You can get your international passport same day you applied for it. This depends on the immigration office in your locality
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by Jeterry(m): 4:13pm On Feb 06, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
The Nigerian international passport will now be produced in Nigeria.

This was revealed after the federal government signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Iris Smart Technology Limited, an indigenous company, and Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Plc at the Ministry of Interior in Abuja.

The MoU will see that the Nigerian international passport will be produced locally.

At the event to sign the MoU, the minister of interior , Abdulrahman Dambazau, revealed that the process that led to the signing of the MoU began two years ago.

Listing the advantages of Nigeria producing the e-passport Dambazau said it would protect the country’s our data base, create employment and allow Nigerians acquire skills in passport production.

“We must ensure that we provide Nigerians with the best quality passport booklet because that is what Nigerians deserve,” he said on Tuesday.

On his part, Mohammed Babandede, immigration comptroller-general, thanked the minister for ensuring that domestication of production of the passport was achieved.

Babandede stated that the first copy to be produced would be tested to ensure that it had the desired quality.

Abbas Masanawa, managing director, Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Plc, assured that they would not disappoint Nigerians, adding that they would produce the passport that would compete with passports in the world.

The federal government recently introduced the e-passport, which will be available from March.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/the-nigerian-passports-will-henceforth-be-produced-locally/

Fake passports everywhere in 3 2 �
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by OlujobaSamuel: 4:30pm On Feb 06, 2019
freemanbubble:

Bros you dull finish
You have succeeded in telling me that it is a private company like i said probably owned by one politician
This is absolutely false, the company is a private company owned by Nigerians through the FG. The majority shareholder is CBN, it was privatised so it can be a profit generating company and also take up private jobs, eg WAEC certificate printing. It prints some of our paper notes too, it also minted coins when we were still using it.
Kindly research on it. One of the few company owned by Nigeria wey corruption never find room for the compound.
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by Timijo(m): 4:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
The Nigerian international passport will now be produced in Nigeria.

This was revealed after the federal government signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Iris Smart Technology Limited, an indigenous company, and Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Plc at the Ministry of Interior in Abuja.

The MoU will see that the Nigerian international passport will be produced locally.

At the event to sign the MoU, the minister of interior , Abdulrahman Dambazau, revealed that the process that led to the signing of the MoU began two years ago.

Listing the advantages of Nigeria producing the e-passport Dambazau said it would protect the country’s our data base, create employment and allow Nigerians acquire skills in passport production.

“We must ensure that we provide Nigerians with the best quality passport booklet because that is what Nigerians deserve,” he said on Tuesday.

On his part, Mohammed Babandede, immigration comptroller-general, thanked the minister for ensuring that domestication of production of the passport was achieved.

Babandede stated that the first copy to be produced would be tested to ensure that it had the desired quality.

Abbas Masanawa, managing director, Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Plc, assured that they would not disappoint Nigerians, adding that they would produce the passport that would compete with passports in the world.

The federal government recently introduced the e-passport, which will be available from March.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/the-nigerian-passports-will-henceforth-be-produced-locally/

Nigerian international passport is produced in Nigeria. I applied for mine last week and got it within two days. I seem not to understand this post.
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by elonize(m): 4:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
Olalekank:
Wait
You mean to say these guys were creating these passports outside the country!

What does Nigeria produce exactly?
I tire o
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by Timijo(m): 4:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
Nigerian international passport is produced in Nigeria. I applied for mine last week and got it within two days. I seem not to understand this post.
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by Ekakamba: 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
I AM. CHAMEX ET AL. EVEN TOOTHPICK SEF grin tongue
DONADAMS:
God forbid!! Nigeria doesn't import A4 paper...don't tell me you're serious
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by Gforce2019: 5:44pm On Feb 06, 2019
freemanbubble:

Hmmm
At last them go still tell us say no booklet

Some officers go hide am
Begin use am collect Money
Unto if you want am urgent

Man must Waki!
If you get money, hide your face ) small doctor songs)
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by RTSC: 7:07pm On Feb 06, 2019
nevilbot:

Nigerian security printing and minting PLC is a federal govt company that was privatised and listed on NSE under obj. Not everything is politics!!
And you stylishly ignored the iris technology limited owned by a northerner.

When was the bidding for the project done? Did any other company compete for it?

Are you telling me there are no better companies?

Given the nepotic history of this government, how are we sure it is not a project for their friends like isa funtua and Co?.

This is the same government that spent billions to create the Nigerian air logo that does not exist up till now.

Use your head.
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by Evidenx(m): 3:02am On Feb 07, 2019
Olalekank:
Wait You mean to say these guys were creating these passports outside the country!

You dey ask? NA CORRUPTION NA.
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by moonraker(m): 5:09am On Feb 07, 2019
This is all cock and bull.

Slighty unrelated rant ahead......

What is the use of having an embassy when you can even process a passport renewal?

Embassy of Nigeria, Tokyo is a massive joke and a laughing stock.

Basically, You cannot renew or process a renewal at this embassy, if you live in Japan that is.

Your options are:

1. Shanghai, China - Guess what? We cant get in, unless on business.

2. Malaysia: lol good luck getting Malaysian Visa. To be fair, it isnt as bad as China.

3. Fly to New York?: Well, We all know what the embassy there is like.

4. Just go back to Nigeria: Andddddd we are back to square one of the necessity of an Embassy.

No guarantees of getting it in adequate time except ofcourse you do Oluwole.
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by bigtt76(f): 7:00am On Feb 07, 2019
Introduced e-Passport keh? What have we been using since? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by otokx(m): 9:24am On Feb 07, 2019
Timijo:

How much did you pay?
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by nevilbot: 10:04am On Feb 07, 2019
freemanbubble:

Bros you dull finish
You have succeeded in telling me that it is a private company like i said probably owned by one politician

You are d dull one because if you are not dull, you will know that a PLC is a public liability company traded on d floor of Nigerian stock exchange with any member of public buying shares to own part of it during an IPO.

This company was solely owned by federal government before obasanjo took it to the stock market during his time in a bid to revitalise it. It is not owned by an individual but a group of investors who buy shares and anyone can buy shares of a listed company.

Stop showing your ignorance in public thinking u are wise
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by nevilbot: 10:08am On Feb 07, 2019
RTSC:

And you stylishly ignored the iris technology limited owned by a northerner.

When was the bidding for the project done? Did any other company compete for it?

Are you telling me there are no better companies?

Given the nepotic history of this government, how are we sure it is not a project for their friends like isa funtua and Co?.

This is the same government that spent billions to create the Nigerian air logo that does not exist up till now.

Use your head.

Guy stop ranting. You don't even know who owns d iris technology but just assume its a northerner cus believing that gives u peace of mind. Until u can point to the specific northerner who owns d company, u are just ranting.

And d security minting company is not owned by northerner but a federal government owned company listed on d Nigerian stock exchange market
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by hazvat(f): 7:43pm On Feb 07, 2019
Olalekank:
Wait
You mean to say these guys were creating these passports outside the country!

we produce looters at accelerated rate
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by Timijo(m): 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
#23,200
otokx:

How much did you pay?
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by Kingdeen1(m): 10:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
Timijo:
#23,200

For how many pages? And where did u got it from.. D location?
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by Timijo(m): 12:13am On Feb 08, 2019
Kingdeen1:

For how many pages? And where did u got it from.. D location?
32 pages at immigration office.
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by Kingdeen1(m): 12:35am On Feb 08, 2019
Timijo:
32 pages at immigration office.

Wait.. Are u talking about the new e-passport?? Because I heard it has not been released until March 4?

Immigration office where? Abuja or Lagos?
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by ericmani: 5:01am On Feb 08, 2019
vibbb:
Guess the price will reduce by 50% of the current price ?
When it was produced outside Nigeria the price is between 25 to 30k, now that they're gonna produce it in Nigeria the price will be 70k as earlier stated. SMH
Re: The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally by Timijo(m): 4:22pm On Feb 08, 2019
Take a look at the picture. I don't know if it is different from your expectation.
Kingdeen1:

Wait.. Are u talking about the new e-passport?? Because I heard it has not been released until March 4?

Immigration office where? Abuja or Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailer Rams Into A Building In Kirikiri Area Of Lagos. Photos / Trailer Accident Along Ikorodu Expressway In Lagos This Morning (Photos) / Man Accuses Ethiopian Airlines Nigeria Of Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.