Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,925 members, 7,952,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike (20398 Views)

ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension / Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) / ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by SirWarlock: 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
Misleading
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Jman06(m): 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
This is the decision of UI zonal congress of ASUU, not the outcome of the congresses of other universities.

UI alone cannot decide for ASUU
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Timekeeper: 12:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
Victni:
From Gistvic.com

At least 80% of members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) have voted for the continuation of the ongoing nationwide strike. Gistvic Reports.

It was gathered that over 200 members of the University of Ibadan, UI, chapter of the Union who attended the congress voted for the continuation of the strike while a little above 50 voted for its suspension with conditions.

According to one of the ASUU members, the members who voted did not even consider the third option which states that the strike should be suspended with conditions.

Speaking after the referendum, Dr. Deji Omole, Chairman of the University of Ibadan Chapter, said the referendum was conducted to know if the union should end the strike or not.

He affirmed that members voted for the continuation of the strike because the government is yet to meet all of its demand. ASUU and the Nigerian government are yet to come to an agreement on funds for the revitalisation of universities.

The union is demanding N50billion but the FG released only N25billion, saying it does not have N50billion. Speaking after the last meeting, Chris Ngige, Minister for Labour and Employment said, “We have met it halfway. We have offered what we have; we don’t have N50 billion.” Gistvic Reports.

Gist From Gistvic.com>> https://www.gistvic.com/2019/02/ASUU-branches-vote-to-continue-strike.html

It's a big lie.... Who know this fake blogger? Shame on the mod that put this on front page.......... ASUU UI voted continuation while most of the ASUU chapter voted suspension.... Some mumu were saying UI and Unilag stance will determine if ASUU continue or not, idiotic statement.... ASUU will call off if the votes collated from. Each chapter says call off... Who told u that ASUU will put UI or Unilag stance when the while Universities in the federation said call off... Joke.... Shame on the blogger for bringing UI ASUU as a condition for other University stand... To my fellow students, don't mind those fake bloggers and mumu moderator, let's pray that ASUU call of the strike... Be optimistic

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Timekeeper: 12:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
Jman06:
This is the decision of UI zonal congress of ASUU, not the outcome of the congresses of other universities.

UI alone cannot decide for ASUU

Don't mind them, useless mod and blogger with foolish op

1 Like

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by sammuell(m): 12:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
faithfull18:
Ha, this isn't good at all, all these boys cyberbullying people on NL need to go back to school before they forget the little they know.
No worry very soon
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Daeylar(f): 12:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
If this is true this is wickedness.
ASUU has no conscience.
They want to return to their days of 6mnths + strikes
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Jman06(m): 12:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
This is the result so far:

� *QUICK UPDATE.* �

*Sequel to the directive given by ASUU National Body to itz zones on a referendum on the ongoing strike...Here are some schools decisions...*

*—Uniabuja voted for suspension.*
*—UNN voted suspension.*
*—Futminna voted for suspension.*
*—ABU voted for suspension.*
*—Unizik voted for suspension.*
*—Funnab voted for suspension.*
*—OOU voted for suspension*
*—Eksu voted for suspension.*
*—Uniben voted for suspension.*

� *On the other hand, we have...* �

*—Unilag voted for continuation.*
*—UI voted for continuation.*
*—Uniport voted for continuation.*
*—Unijos voted for continuation.*
*—Futa voted for continuation.*
*-Unical voted for continuation.*

*More still coming, will keep you guys posted on any changes...* �

Add IMSU and BUK to the number that has voted for suspension

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Daeylar(f): 12:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
faithfull18:
Ha, this isn't good at all, all these boys cyberbullying people on NL need to go back to school before they forget the little they know.

LMAO grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by sammuell(m): 12:44pm On Feb 06, 2019
Timekeeper:

It's a big lie.... Who know this fake blogger? Shame on the mod that put this on front page.......... ASUU UI voted continuation while most of the ASUU chapter voted suspension.... Some mumu were saying UI and Unilag stance will determine if ASUU continue or not, idiotic statement.... ASUU will call off if the votes collated from. Each chapter says call off... Who told u that ASUU will put UI or Unilag stance when the while Universities in the federation said call off... Joke.... Shame on the blogger for bringing UI ASUU as a condition for other University stand... To my fellow students, don't mind those fake bloggers and mumu moderator, let's pray that ASUU call of the strike... Be optimistic
Bros no mind them
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by theoldpretender(m): 12:44pm On Feb 06, 2019
TwoBottles:
I support this strike 100%. Since the federal government would rather use billions of naira to buy votes instead of investing in our education system.

Thing is, the universites need TRILLIONS of naira...not mere billions.

ASUU is asking for 1.1 trillion over 5 years. In 2013 it was 3 trillion over 2 years (according to an agreement set in 2009)

The 1.1 trillion was a comedown from the original 3 TRILLION because in 2013 GEJ told ASUU that 3 trillion was not available.

(And no, I am not blaming GEJ. He was being truthful).

Fees have to go up. We have no choice.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by danchi2019(m): 12:48pm On Feb 06, 2019
ASUU should be held for sabotaging the govt.
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by yakx2345(m): 12:49pm On Feb 06, 2019
UI chapter can not stop the calling off, if majority of the other chapters vote to be suspended. So they can continue with the strike if the strike is called off

1 Like

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by UncleJudax(m): 12:52pm On Feb 06, 2019
Privettoall:
Students should start writing TOEFL, SAT, GRE, and GMAT. It is worth it leaving at year 4 and starting all over afresh elsewhere. Take it. Ask those who have done it if there was any regret.
Baba na fund hold many people down..
No be only TOEFL/SAT money go do am o

1 Like

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by suleyoung(m): 12:53pm On Feb 06, 2019
Isobug:
Is Ibadan chapter alone the ASUU members?
the thing tire me o
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Aremson14(m): 12:55pm On Feb 06, 2019
mvem:
Can't you read the content... It's talking about only UI chapter.. Nawa for our so-called students
Im telling u. I wonder if people cant read, they will only read d headline and start spreading misinformation
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by suleyoung(m): 12:56pm On Feb 06, 2019
Jman06:
This is the result so far:

� *QUICK UPDATE.* �

*Sequel to the directive given by ASUU National Body to itz zones on a referendum on the ongoing strike...Here are some schools decisions...*

*—Uniabuja voted for suspension.*
*—UNN voted suspension.*
*—Futminna voted for suspension.*
*—ABU voted for suspension.*
*—Unizik voted for suspension.*
*—Funnab voted for suspension.*
*—OOU voted for suspension*
*—Eksu voted for suspension.*
*—Uniben voted for suspension.*

� *On the other hand, we have...* �

*—Unilag voted for continuation.*
*—UI voted for continuation.*
*—Uniport voted for continuation.*
*—Unijos voted for continuation.*
*—Futa voted for continuation.*
*-Unical voted for continuation.*

*More still coming, will keep you guys posted on any changes...* �

Add IMSU and BUK to the number that have voted for suspension
oil dey ur skull
good one

1 Like

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by cosse(m): 12:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
LibertyRep:
At this juncture, it won't be totally wrong for government to implement the "No work No Pay' Policy
like seriously...half has been paid already now.....it wont be out of place...i swear
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by DANDARLO(m): 12:59pm On Feb 06, 2019
Timekeeper:

God bless you
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by cosse(m): 1:00pm On Feb 06, 2019
crazydude1:

They have not paid them. FG is saying that they don't have #50 billion to pay them. Until FG settles with ASUU, looks like the strike will continue. Sometimes, I wonder why I'm still a Nigerian.
fg has paid 25 billion already...its in the article na
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by sinkhole: 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2019
sammuell:

Bros no mind them
Bros, u better check their twitter handle @ASUUNGR and u go kno say no be lie shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Pocoloco: 1:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
I really need me to start making enquiries about scholarships to foreign schools.I'm just weak o God.
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by BigBizzy(m): 1:06pm On Feb 06, 2019
Nigerian students ....hahajajajja
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by mrblessed(m): 1:13pm On Feb 06, 2019
faithfull18:
There is apparently no difference between you and the "boys" you wish to disparage, given your inability to properly use full stop in your sentence. What you ignorantly contrived to make one sentence, is actually supposed to be two sentences. Again, the lack of respect for proper noun in your unlettered scribble is a conclusive proof that, more than anyone, you seriously need to be in school at the moment. However, note that being in school is not synonymous with learning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Ogaga87(m): 1:17pm On Feb 06, 2019
LibertyRep:
At this juncture, it won't be totally wrong for government to implement the "No work No Pay' Policy

Keep supporting your government until the day Bsc would become equal to O'level

Education is not a play thing.. If the government cannot put PROGRESS in the system but allow rot to hold sway, then there is no need returning to the classroom..
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by dwisedgreat: 1:18pm On Feb 06, 2019
this is not right at all.....student are at home and the ASUU children are all schooling outside the country...very soon sef the student will end up paying for house even while on strike.......God is watching....
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 06, 2019
UncleJudax:

Baba na fund hold many people down..
No be only TOEFL/SAT money go do am o

True talk bro. That was a process I took some years ago too. Do you know what I did. I got a player with headsets and I had "You can get it if you really want it....you gat to try, try, try and try" playing repeatedly in my ears till I got it. Bob Marley is a prophet. Yeah. Trust me..Toefl first. Good SAT or GRE/GMAT score. That will motivate you when you understand your points can earn you a scholarship, a grant or a graduate assistantship position. If you need to clean toilets to get your application fee or visa fee, you will do it. At least you are doing it for something and not a job you are stuck with.

Guy, pick You can get it if you really want it by Bob Marley. You can do it. See you at the top guy.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Ogaga87(m): 1:22pm On Feb 06, 2019
TwoBottles:
I support this strike 100%. Since the federal government would rather use billions of naira to buy votes instead of investing in our education system.

The stupid VP prof is not aware that he is dealing with enlightened men..

He was appraising himself of spending 20billion of trader mini on 20million Nigerians, I wish the Nigerian students can just topple this administration with their votes..

This is part of the reason why debate is importatat, so that the dullard can explain why he prefer cows to humans

1 Like

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by hat3rk(m): 1:23pm On Feb 06, 2019
Lasu,Abu,unimaid,mouau,absu voted for suspension
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by hat3rk(m): 1:24pm On Feb 06, 2019
Futo voted for continuation
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by faithfull18(f): 1:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
mrblessed:
There is apparently no difference between you and the "boys" you wish to disparage, given your inability to properly use full stop in your sentence. What you ignorantly contrived to make one sentence, is actually supposed to be two sentences. Again, the lack of respect for proper noun in your unlettered scribble is a conclusive proof that, more than anyone, you seriously need to be in school at the moment. However, note that being in school is not synonymous with learning.
Hahaha, funny. You really want to tutor me on the use of punctuation marks There is no hard or fast rule. That statement I made up there can be one sentence, it can also be splitted into two.
As much as sentences should be kept short and simple, that statement up there isn't too long for one sentence. It's a single line of thought for crying out loud so why should I split it into two.
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by enemyofprogress: 1:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
suleyoung:
AWON OLORIBURUKU
ka da fun gbogbo won lai, ofo lomi eko nse,ofo ni gbogbo won o se

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees / A Nairalander Convocating At University Of Ibadan Today (pics) / ABSUTH Provost Joins Students In Protest (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.