Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,383 members, 7,954,548 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:54 PM

ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike (20399 Views)

ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension / Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) / ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by SunV17: 1:49pm On Feb 06, 2019
grin why half-way.
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by handsomeyitayo(m): 1:57pm On Feb 06, 2019
Nah soooooo

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by UncleJudax(m): 2:24pm On Feb 06, 2019
Privettoall:

True talk bro. That was a process I took some years ago too. Do you know what I did. I got a player with headsets and I had "You can get it if you really want it....you gat to try, try, try and try" playing repeatedly in my ears till I got it. Bob Marley is a prophet. Yeah. Trust me..Toefl first. Good SAT or GRE/GMAT score. That will motivate you when you understand your points can earn you a scholarship, a grant or a graduate assistantship position. If you need to clean toilets to get your application fee or visa fee, you will do it. At least you are doing it for something and not a job you are stuck with.

Guy, pick You can get it if you really want it by Bob Marley. You can do it. See you at the top guy.
I hail the motivation...bro
However, I have moved to Europe. Working on my MSc thesis at the moment.

Nevertheless, i believe some people will buy into the Bob Marley idea...

Thanks for looking out
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by mrblessed(m): 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2019
faithfull18:

Hahaha, funny. You really want to tutor me on the use of punctuation marks There is no hard or fast rule. That statement I made up there can be one sentence, it can also be splitted into two.
As much as sentences should be kept short e simple, that statement up there isn't too long for one sentence. It's a single line of thought for crying out loud so why should I split it into two.
Hmm. I am somewhat impressed with the civility of your language, despite having being called out. However, that you diplomatically deflected my corrections greatly unsettled me. Finally, it is "hard-and-fast rule," not "hard or fast rule." Cheers!
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Iphupa: 3:48pm On Feb 06, 2019
Victni:
From Gistvic.com

At least 80% of members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) have voted for the continuation of the ongoing nationwide strike. Gistvic Reports.

It was gathered that over 200 members of the University of Ibadan, UI, chapter of the Union who attended the congress voted for the continuation of the strike while a little above 50 voted for its suspension with conditions.

According to one of the ASUU members, the members who voted did not even consider the third option which states that the strike should be suspended with conditions.

Speaking after the referendum, Dr. Deji Omole, Chairman of the University of Ibadan Chapter, said the referendum was conducted to know if the union should end the strike or not.

He affirmed that members voted for the continuation of the strike because the government is yet to meet all of its demand. ASUU and the Nigerian government are yet to come to an agreement on funds for the revitalisation of universities.

The union is demanding N50billion but the FG released only N25billion, saying it does not have N50billion. Speaking after the last meeting, Chris Ngige, Minister for Labour and Employment said, “We have met it halfway. We have offered what we have; we don’t have N50 billion.” Gistvic Reports.

Gist From Gistvic.com>> https://www.gistvic.com/2019/02/ASUU-branches-vote-to-continue-strike.html

.,o p is whining us,so u.i branch is ASUU branches
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by urahara(m): 4:32pm On Feb 06, 2019
U have got to be kidding me angry
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 06, 2019
cosse:

fg has paid 25 billion already...its in the article na
ASUU is requesting #50 Billion. If #50 billion is not paid, the strike continues 25 billion is not 50 billion na.
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Ubenedictus(m): 5:08pm On Feb 06, 2019
crazydude1:

They have not paid them. FG is saying that they don't have #50 billion to pay them. Until FG settles with ASUU, looks like the strike will continue. Sometimes, I wonder why I'm still a Nigerian.
They have paid them their money, 50b is for revitalisation fund.
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 06, 2019
TwoBottles:
I support this strike 100%. Since the federal government would rather use billions of naira to buy votes instead of investing in our education system.

Just because the government is incompetent doesn't mean that ASUU should also follow suits, ASUU is as greedy as fuvck while d government is extremely stingy & super incompetent, After all both ASUU & people in government don't have thier kids in public universities, Na abroad dey rush them kids dey study.

BUT REMEMBER " ONE DAY, THE POOR WILL HAVE NOTHING TO EAT BUT THE RICH"

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by DateMynd44(m): 2:22pm On Feb 07, 2019
faithfull18:
Ha, this isn't good at all, all these boys cyberbullying people on NL need to go back to school before they forget the little they know.
shut up
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by DateMynd44(m): 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2019
Ogaga87:

Keep supporting your government until the day Bsc would become equal to O'level

Education is not a play thing.. If the government cannot put PROGRESS in the system but allow rot to hold sway, then there is no need returning to the classroom..
shut up there.
Ode ni e

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees / ABSUTH Provost Joins Students In Protest (photos) / A Nairalander Convocating At University Of Ibadan Today (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.