Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC (7915 Views)

IDPs To Vote In Camps In Niger – INEC / No Electronic Authentication, No Voting In Anambra, INEC Insists / President Buhari Inaugurates 4,000 Resettlement Homes For Idps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by fergie001: 4:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
The hopes of the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Niger State to participate in this year’s elections has been dashed by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as its Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) in the state, Prof. Sam Egwu, has said there is no voting for the IDPs.

Prof. Egwu, while addressing newsmen Wednesday on the preparations so far made by the commission for the conduct of the polls, said: “There will be no voting for IDPs in Niger, there is no official IDP camp in Niger known to Niger INEC. We do not have preparation for IDPs voting.”

Contrary to the claim by the REC, there were thousands of IDPs in Zungeru, Wushishi Local Government and in Gulu in the Lapai Local Government.

The IDPs were displaced from their ancestral homes by the 2018 flood, while some of those in Gulu relocated to the town following insurgency in Benue State.

Prof. Egwu said initially, INEC penciled eight states where there were IDPs but that the number had increased to 16 states. He did not name the states.

He disclosed that out of the approximately 455 people contesting the March 2019 election in the state, only 50 are women.
Giving the breakdown, Egwu said there are two female candidates in the governorship race out of 31 contenders, seven others are deputy governorship candidates, while four women out of 37 are contesting for the senatorial seats.
Out of the 126 candidates vieing for the House of Representatives seats, nine of them are women just as only 28 women are in the race for the 27 House of Assembly seats out of a total of 361 candidates, Egwu declared.
He said of the 2,390,000 eligible voters in the state, 2,167,788 collected their PVCs, adding that: “We expect all these people to vote in all the elections.”
The REC said to ensure all eligible voters cast their ballots during elections, there was need for the country to legalise early voting.
“There is need for early voting so that some category of people will be able to vote two or three days before election but first we need to trust the electoral body,” he said.
Egwu also said that priority would be given to the physically challenged people and pregnant women on election day even as the commission has domesticated the memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed with the National Union of Road Transport Employers Association and the National Union of Road Transport Workers for the transportation of election materials.

Lalasticlala

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/02/06/no-voting-for-idps-in-niger-says-inec/amp/

1 Like

Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by fergie001: 4:08pm On Feb 06, 2019
16 out of 36 states have IDP camps....and the number keeps growing.......something tells me Katsina and Adamawa will be among...

Nonetheless, I do think that they are been disenfranchised.....

7 Likes

Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 06, 2019
Do they have voters cards?These people that have abandoned their properties to flood and bokoharam to destroy.Any double registration is fraud and an indication that the card readers have been compromised by both inec and the desperate northern politicians.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by ainas247: 4:14pm On Feb 06, 2019
wink okay but government should do more on the issue of IDPs at least..

Rank your business on Google and get more clients check my profile to see new results in my profile now
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by Pulsenaija: 4:14pm On Feb 06, 2019
K

Are you looking for someone to help you build a nice ecommerce website on Wordpress at a cheaper rate then visit this developer.

https://www.fiverr.com/s2/262abfbfb4?utm_source=CopyLink_Mobile
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by fergie001: 4:15pm On Feb 06, 2019
cucumbae:
Do they have voters cards?These people that have abandoned their properties to flood and bokoharam to destroy.Any double registration is fraud and an indication that the card reader have been compromised by the desperate northern politicians.
But those ones under heavier bombardments from Boko Haram in Maiduguri voted in 2015 and they gave 100% to a candidate....this one is flooding nah,and I believe INEC should have a database as well......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by vickylincon(m): 4:15pm On Feb 06, 2019
Hmmmm. Not a good thing. Btw, PDP were crying foul days ago that APC plan to use IDP to rig election and they even claimed it is unconstitutional. I am waiting to see them side the idps now and used it to attack govt. Is it a must we fight during voting season? Can't we just vote our choice of candidates without throwing tantarum? I have not seen buhari attacking Atiku or the other way around

1 Like

Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 06, 2019
Hmmm
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by niyidenrele: 4:16pm On Feb 06, 2019
"Yobe people, vote for Atiku on March 16. He is 63 yrs old!" - Uche Secondus
Does he suffer dementia too?"Yobe people, vote for Atiku on March 16. He is 63 yrs old!" - Uche Secondus
Does he suffer dementia too?
"Yobe people, vote for Atiku on March 16. He is 63 yrs old!" - Uche Secondus
Does he suffer dementia too?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by Yankee101: 4:18pm On Feb 06, 2019
But someone wants to use their pvcs? Abi
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by Tunasco4u(m): 4:18pm On Feb 06, 2019
OK
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 06, 2019
fergie001:

But those ones under heavier bombardments from Boko Haram in Maiduguri voted in 2015 and they gave 100% to a candidate....this one is flooding nah,ans I believe INEC should have a database as well......
During voting there will be a biometric registration where a genuine registered voter will present his voters card for verification before election.Without the voters card such candidate is disqualified.Even double registration is detected and the candidate disqualified.What I am saying is that these idps properties have already been washed away and destroyed by flood and bokoharam.Where do they get voters cards that is my quension"?
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by Greenbirth: 4:20pm On Feb 06, 2019
Edus123:
Hi
you don't worry, a will come when you will loose everything that you have scammed from people. Scally fool
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by gurunlocker: 4:21pm On Feb 06, 2019
If IDPs from Maiduguri can vote in 2015, what's stopping those in Niger to vote? shocked
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by GMPO(m): 4:22pm On Feb 06, 2019
J
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by opalu: 4:22pm On Feb 06, 2019
Ok
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by Pojomojo: 4:23pm On Feb 06, 2019
grin

Are you a student, or graduate looking for self-employment, or you are a stay at home Mum, or someone looking for something to engage in? or a worker who needs a part-time business? or you want to make extra income? Then you are the one we are looking for.

Boxers Business is a very profitable business to do, with less than NGN 10,000 you can start your own business and within a month you would have made triple profit.
We are offering high quality 100% real cotton boxer minimum of 25 pieces.
Both products are of high quality and we deliver to you Nationwide

√Banana Republic 25pcs @ NGN 8,500
√ Normal boxers 25pcs @ NGN7,500

FAQ: If I buy 1bundle of 7500 naira, how much can I get as my profit if sell?

Answer: Profit always depends on each seller, you could target NGN1,500.00k and make less than or more than, I guess it's all about you.I guess you can think beyond selling in small packs (3-in-1) and be a distributor.

Note: The boxers stated above are not the boxers Aboki/Mallam are selling. For more enquiries: Call ++234 708 659 7686
Kindly Note the prices stated are Promo prices.

Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by chiedu7: 4:24pm On Feb 06, 2019

Dem don block APC avenue to rig.

Na only satan fit vote for this satanic party called APC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asItI3vLBaY

2 Likes

Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by Greenbirth: 4:24pm On Feb 06, 2019
Edus123:
Hi
you don't worry, a day will come when you will loose everything that you have scammed from people. Scally fool
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by Maket: 4:24pm On Feb 06, 2019
Hope PDP won't cry
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by CanineOfJackal: 4:25pm On Feb 06, 2019
Then IDPs in Borno and Yo be which are Buhari stronghold should not be allowed to vote also
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by Ttipsy(f): 4:25pm On Feb 06, 2019
very good, and our northern borders shud b closed. nonsense
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by Maket: 4:26pm On Feb 06, 2019
Fixedgame2090:
[color=#006600][/color]see below
you have made me wasted my hard earn money severally.

You promised me a free game to compensate for the looses yet you failed.

I have played with you for over one month yet no game entered.

1 Like

Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by SaintLucia: 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2019
Watching Atiku campaign live on AIT so so scanty crowds. Anyway PDP have never won in Yobe, Bornu and Zamfara.
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by OhiOfIhima: 4:31pm On Feb 06, 2019
But they can be shipping or smuggling to the nearby State like Sokoto, Kastina and others environs to cast their votes.. I dey watch you guys on 3D.

2 Likes

Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by Maket: 4:31pm On Feb 06, 2019
Edus123:
Hi
The Biggest scammer. I paid you for 2 weeks game and you only gave me one game which I failed.
You said it was a fixed game and made me gamble my 20k. Stop deceiving people.

1 Like

Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by Yinxies(f): 4:34pm On Feb 06, 2019
Go CORPORATE with your Hustle. Register your Business with CAC and get a FREE WEBSITE

Business Name
Limited Company
Incorporated Trustee
Re: No Voting For IDPs In Niger - INEC by tobby98: 4:35pm On Feb 06, 2019
Please extend this to Yobe, Borno too. these people might be coerced to vote for PMB. they have no choice but to vote him. nice one from INEC.
Back to Daura issa goal

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ohanaeze: Overwhelming Majority Of Igbo Don’t Believe In Sucession / Hardship: FG To Begin Distribution Of Grains Nationwide / ActionAid - 80% Of Nigerians Not Living Above A-Dollar-A-Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.