Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,708 members, 7,840,772 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Where Is The Promise Of His Coming? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is The Promise Of His Coming? (587 Views)

We Are To Hasten His Coming! / How Appealing Is The Promise Of Eternal Life? / His Coming Is Near. Will U B Waiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Promise Of His Coming? by Yefet(m): 7:46am On Aug 21, 2010
Where Is The Promise Of His Coming?

Maurice Sklar

Jun 22 2006

2Peter 3:3-4 “Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.” There are many that live and speak in this way in the present hour. Even within the church, they demonstrate by their lives and speech that they don’t really believe God’s Word. This is specifically true in the area of the prophetic scriptures concerning the catching away of the Bride, the judgment of the wicked of the earth, and the second coming of our Messiah. He will indeed establish His Kingdom where He will rule and reign from Jerusalem forever. Do you really believe this? These are not fairy tales. These are events of history that will shortly take place. They are ordained by God, whether we want to believe it or not. Another words, it will happen just like the Bible says it will. It isn’t dependant upon our opinions of what we think is going on in this present hour. I was watching the news today. I saw a picture of the present Iranian leader speaking. In front of his “pulpit”, there was a poster of the earth from space. Above it in huge letters, it read: A WORLD WITHOUT ZIONISM Most people don’t understand what that really is saying. It is a demonic challenge against God’s authority, the authority of the scriptures, and the government of God on earth. THAT is the agenda of the Mystery Babylon system and its religious deception. There are three major “religious” forms that this spirit of anti-Messiah takes: 1. Fundamentalist Islam (and all militant religious hatred in its’ different forms) 2. Counterfeit Christianity/ False Religions 3. Humanism All three of these are in total rebellion against God and His Word. The Bride of Messiah must take a strong stand against these systems of thoughts if she is to remain pure. These three deceptions are being released in more and more intensity as we draw near to the catching away of the Bride. They are being poured out into the earth primarily through the mass media including movies, radio, TV, internet, etc. This is mixed into the Wine of Babylon (please read) and is intoxicating many millions of people right now. I hardly need to address the first point. It is abundantly clear who is openly hating the Jews, the nation of Israel and its’ existence, and Holy Spirit led, Bible-embracing Christianity. These militant religious ideologies have captured millions of people throughout the world. Counterfeit Christianity exists also in many forms. It consists of some truth from the Bible mixed in with lies that distort and poison its’ message. You see, the Bible and its’ message is so simple and clear. It is only those that hate God and His salvation that choose to reject the truth and embrace these lies. The attack of counterfeit Christianity is in these areas: They distort, downplay, dilute, or outright deny the reality of: 1. Eternal judgment 2. Hell 3. The necessity of repentance, consecration to God, and holy living. 4. Salvation through faith in the blood of the Messiah Yeshua alone 5. The present-day working of the Holy Spirit and His gifts 6. The literal physical (and spiritual) restoration of Israel and the Jewish people. As it is written: 2Timothy 4:1-4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus Christ), who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto FABLES." What are these fables? They are myths, distortions of truth, additional “revelations” added to the Bible, and any lies that Satan can try to inject into Christianity to deceive the unwary. For example, in the last week I saw the cover of National Geographic advertising “The Gospel of Judas”. A huge movie is being released that promotes the Masonic fable of the templar nights called “The Da Vinci Code.” I went into the Barnes and Noble bookstore near my home recently and I was shocked at the amount of books relating to witchcraft, the occult, eastern mysticism, new age, other religions, “self-realization” Gurus like Wayne Dyer and about 30 others like him, nutritional healing, subliminal hypnosis CDs, “sexual healing”, tantric sex (hedonism), fetishes, other sexual perversions, and hundreds of other books that promise and present some variation of the “itching ears” teachings of our time. I couldn’t help thinking of the passage where King Ahaziah gets sick and goes to “Baal-zebub the god of Ekron” to get better instead of asking God. Elijah goes to him and says, 2Kings 1:3 "Is it not because there is not a God in Israel, that ye go to enquire of Baal-Zebub the god of Ekron? God has no obligation to heal and bless people that refuse to go to Him and turn to demon powers instead. These modern fables are indeed a fulfillment of the scripture: “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;” (1 Timothy 4:1-2) I am not against good books, but much of the Barnes and Noble books that I saw in that long aisle bridge into this other deception: humanism. Humanism is the religion of the modern secular world. Here in America, whether we know it or not, we were brought up in it. We have been soaked and marinated in it from early childhood. When our children enter public school, this is the religious teaching that they are indoctrinated into from pre-school day care and up. It replaces God with the individual. It is the religion of the unholy trinity: Me, Myself, and I. It is the religion of Darwin and evolution. It claims that human beings are just animals that evolved from the primordial ooze. We are cosmic accidents. It says in effect: YOU and I are God now. Whatever I want, whatever makes ME feel good, whatever I want to think and believe is right makes it right, there is no God, and there is no ultimate right and wrong – “just you and me, baby.” “I’m OK, You’re OK.” God and His holy law have been brought to the level of flavors of ice cream: you like vanilla, I like chocolate, and she likes butter pecan. “We all live in a yellow submarine.” Do we REALLY? Listen to John Lennon’s song “Imagine there is no heaven…imagine there is no hell…” At one time the Beatles boasted that they were more famous than Jesus! They are gone, and Yeshua remains crowned King and sitting upon the throne of heaven. I have got news for all: that throne is coming to this earth! Yeshua is coming back on a white horse to take the earth back for God and remove all evil people from it. THAT isn’t a fairy tale, although to many it sounds like one. It is about to HAPPEN!! One time the Lord said to me, “John Lennon isn’t imagining NOW. He is fully experiencing the realities of his existence and the consequences of the choice he made. Now he KNOWS there is both a heaven AND a hell. And he cannot escape from it, either. It is forever.” Modern fables, fairy tales, and fantasies do not change reality, even if they are sung in songs. But the world is really shaking its’ fist in mockery and defiance of the Almighty God and screaming: “Where are you? Where is the promise of your coming? You won’t judge me or stop me from doing what I want to do. I don’t need you and I don’t fear you either. I dare you to show up. Who are you to judge ME!!” But, whether they like it or not, the ungodly of this earth are about to find out who God REALLY is, as it is written: “And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of Him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?” (Revelation 6:15-17) Get ready, you scoffers, and watch this earth be judged by a living and a holy God. He hasn’t died; He hasn’t left the universe temporarily on vacation, or fallen asleep, He hasn’t changed. He is not going to disappear and go away just because of your fantasies. And contrary to so many movies – “mother nature” or aliens from another planet are not responsible for the coming destruction and devastation soon to hit the earth. They won’t come and rescue you, either. God alone has taken responsibility to judge the earth. None can escape that reject God and His holy Word. Mankind’s true choice is simple: Repent and turn to God or perish. As it written: “Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sits in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.” (Psalm 2) “But who may abide the day of his coming? And who shall stand when he appeareth? For he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap…And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts…For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch…” (Malachi 3:2,5; 4:1) Hebrews 12:29 “For our God is a consuming fire.” 2 Peter 3:7-15 “But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the Day of Judgment and perdition of ungodly men. The LORD is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to usward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation. Purify your hearts, for the Lord is coming soon for His Bride. Keep yourself free from the deception of this final hour. Luke 21:36 “Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.” Beloved, I pray that you may be ready when He appears.

My love to you in Our Messiah,

Maurice Sklar

(1) (Reply)

A Cure For Depression / Doing What He Asks / The Washing Of Regeneration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.