Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

How INEC Disenfranchised Me - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How INEC Disenfranchised Me (12382 Views)

Disenfranchised Anambra PDP Delegates: "A Coup Against Maduka, Mockery Of Democr / How INEC Can Tackle ‘PVC Buying’ In General Elections — Saraki / How INEC Helped APC In Ekiti - Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2019
If you threaten the officials of inec in charge of PVC distribution they will find your PVC where they hid it an give it to you.I did it to one FRSC lady when I went to renew my driver's license.To renew a driver license doesn't require much process like applying for a new one.After paying extra money through one of their staff at oshodi local govt and they directed me to oshodi mile 2 frsc office for collection.An FRSC lady started telling me my driver's license was not ready after a couple of visit to their office.I come dey challenge the lady like say I be soldier.She fear release my driver's license.No be say I get motor o.I wan use am apply as trademan in air force that time.
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by deekseen(m): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2019
sotall:
Having heard that PVC collection is ongoing at the various local government areas in the country, I decided to go collect mine last week Saturday having been unable to collect it the two previous times I have been there in 2015.

On my previous visits to INEC's office at Alimosho local government, the excuse has always been that my PVC is at INEC head quarters and so I should wait till the time all uncollected PVC's will be brought to the local government for collection.

So it was good news when I read that PVC collection was ongoing and i was eager to get mine this time.

I got to their office as early as 6:30am that Saturday and had to wait till about 10am because according to them, all participating ad-hoc staffs in the next elections were on training and only few of them will be free to attend to PVC collection, that is if there will be collection of PVC that day.
At about 10am, a young man called on those who came for PVC collection and started collecting their temporary voter slip and other documents with which to check for the cards. I gave him a slip I printed from INEC'S website showing my information only for him to instantly reject it that he is not in charge of distributing PVC for my ward.
He bluntly told me to come back the following week when those in charge will be available.
I left with a feeling of disappointment and a bruised morale. Despite my busy work schedule, I promised myself I was gonna come back the following week.

Then Tuesday came and once again I was at their office at 9am. This time there were more INEC staff attending to people. I gave the guy in charge of distributing PVCs for my ward and he went in for checks. He came out after 10 minutes and started started returning the slips he had with him to their owners.
When he called my name, to my surprise, he said I will have to come back after the elections to get my PVC.

" INEC believed you must have collected your PVC having registered in 2011" , he responded.

Then I asked him what will I be doing with a voters card after the elections?

He became dumb and couldn't give a concrete explanation about the whereabouts of my PVC. There were many people like me right there being told their PVC isn't available for collection.

It's just a day to the deadline of PVC collection and it seems INEC the umpire responsible for conducting the elections has colluded with politicians to rig the elections by disenfranchisement of eligible voters.

If anyone knows what I can do to collect my PVC which I am sure has been printed, please help out.

Mods please frontpage

Exact situation I'm facing at Oshodi-Isolo LGA. INEC is grossly partial/incompetent!

1 Like

Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by Pocoloco: 3:43pm On Feb 07, 2019
[quote author=cucumbae post=75505463]You cannot hear complain of northeners not being able to collect their PVC.Even underage children have a PVC.Why is it different in the south and east?And nobody is raising an alarm.[/quotei]I'm from Kaduna Nd still unable to collect mine
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by Hamid7(m): 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2019
Many Nigerians haven't gotten their PVCs, yet they have been climbing Buhari's next level and Atikulating online.
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by Pocoloco: 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2019
Trustme2:
I am yet to collect mine too. Since 2017 I registered o. Painful I won't be able to vote
same here
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by sacx: 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2019
Smazlexander:
I Say My Name In The eligible Voters List In 2015 But My PVC Is According To The Lady In INEC Office 'Is Still In ABUJA' Till Today I Still Dey Go There Tomorrow And I Know Is The Same Story Cause You Got Yours Easily Does not Make Others A fool

No one called you a fool. My point is, it's better to avoid last minute rush. 2015 till now is a long time for any anomaly to be rectified.

1 Like

Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by BanevsJoker(m): 3:57pm On Feb 07, 2019
Xander85:

It's all part of the grand rigging plan!

The OP should just forget collecting his PVC as it's either been handed over to some APC politician by compromised INEC staff, or they've gathered some of the PVCs they think may vote for PDP/Atiku (those with southern or Igbo names) and chucked them in the dustbin! wink
They did this same thing in 2012/2013. If you have an Igbo name, no PVC for you.

1 Like

Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by kingsleyds(m): 4:13pm On Feb 07, 2019
I’m just returning from the INEC office in the LG where I reside and I was just told that my card isn’t ready, but the same INEC people sent me a message that my card was ready. Is INEC now selling our vote because I don’t understand what is going on down here in the south.

1 Like

Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by Rubyzz: 4:19pm On Feb 07, 2019
I and my husband where also told to come back after elections to collect our PVC, what is the use of a PVC after elections. I want to vote, please tell inec to release my PVC.

1 Like

Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by Xander85: 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2019
cucumbae:
You cannot hear complain of northeners not being able to collect their PVC.Even underage children have a PVC.Why is it different in the south and east?And nobody is raising an alarm.

Because our politicians in the south (not including the efulefu southerners rooting for Buhari/APC) are so daft and gullible! They actually think they can beat APC fair-and-square at the polling booth, not knowing that the devilish and sneaky APC have started rigging even before the voting begins!

I would imagine that as PVC collection is going on relatively smoothly in the core north...even as Nigeriens, Chadians and underage kids line up to get handed PVCs with ease; down south, it's a different kettle of fish entirely as possibly up to 30% of the over-sabi and gullible electorate (a conservative estimate) would have been disenfranchised using a myriad number of tricks! wink
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by gud4dbest(m): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
sotall:
Millions of Nigerians are being deliberately disenfranchised by INEC.
naso, my guy
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by askjohnprosper: 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2019
That's my story too. Have been there four times, registered July 2017. I tweet tire. spend my money sy Obio/Akpor LGA in Rivers state

Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by frankmoney(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2019
tope93:
in 2015, the Inec official of my ward in Warri south told me my pvc is missing,now 2019 come back after election to collect it.INEC na waooo
so it's only APC that buys PVC , pdp they don't buy ?
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by Smazlexander: 5:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
sacx:

No one called you a fool. My point is, it's better to avoid last minute rush. 2015 till now is a long time for any anomaly to be rectified.
I Don't Mean The Fool Thing Like An Insult......I Tried Like Am Trying Now Last Election And IStill Did Not Get My PVC I Am Already Planning Registering Again Next Time They Are Registering New Voters To Save Me Strees Cause Those That Registered Late Last Year Have Got Thier Voters Card Already.
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by nicetboy(m): 5:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
Am a graduate of industrial chemistry. Reside @ 3-3 Onitsha Anambra state. Currently unemployed and in need of employment. I have a very good skill in paint production, painting and cosmetology. Am very humble and down to earth. Contact me via Nwaiwutochukwusamuel@gmail.com
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by owunabastard: 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2019
But why in this last minute people will be going to collect their card? this is something you should have done for long. I collected my card since September last year.
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by fetthu(m): 6:09pm On Feb 07, 2019
Similar story here.....i registered at ogbomoso in 2011, i applied for transfer last year to Akure.....i have been checking the inec office for the pady 2 weeks now...they said they cant find my pvc....i should check back after election...
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 07, 2019
owunabastard:
But why in this last minute people will be going to collect their card? this is something you should have done for long. I collected my card since September last year.
It is not late.Inec fixed a deadline which will expire on 8 of February.Besides,many registered voters have been visiting inec offices to demand for their PVCs but it is one story or the other.
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by isnovic(m): 6:43pm On Feb 07, 2019
sotall:
Having heard that PVC collection is ongoing at the various local government areas in the country, I decided to go collect mine last week Saturday having been unable to collect it the two previous times I have been there in 2015.

On my previous visits to INEC's office at Alimosho local government, the excuse has always been that my PVC is at INEC head quarters and so I should wait till the time all uncollected PVC's will be brought to the local government for collection.

So it was good news when I read that PVC collection was ongoing and i was eager to get mine this time.

I got to their office as early as 6:30am that Saturday and had to wait till about 10am because according to them, all participating ad-hoc staffs in the next elections were on training and only few of them will be free to attend to PVC collection, that is if there will be collection of PVC that day.
At about 10am, a young man called on those who came for PVC collection and started collecting their temporary voter slip and other documents with which to check for the cards. I gave him a slip I printed from INEC'S website showing my information only for him to instantly reject it that he is not in charge of distributing PVC for my ward.
He bluntly told me to come back the following week when those in charge will be available.
I left with a feeling of disappointment and a bruised morale. Despite my busy work schedule, I promised myself I was gonna come back the following week.

Then Tuesday came and once again I was at their office at 9am. This time there were more INEC staff attending to people. I gave the guy in charge of distributing PVCs for my ward and he went in for checks. He came out after 10 minutes and started started returning the slips he had with him to their owners.
When he called my name, to my surprise, he said I will have to come back after the elections to get my PVC.

" INEC believed you must have collected your PVC having registered in 2011" , he responded.

Then I asked him what will I be doing with a voters card after the elections?

He became dumb and couldn't give a concrete explanation about the whereabouts of my PVC. There were many people like me right there being told their PVC isn't available for collection.

It's just a day to the deadline of PVC collection and it seems INEC the umpire responsible for conducting the elections has colluded with politicians to rig the elections by disenfranchisement of eligible voters.

If anyone knows what I can do to collect my PVC which I am sure has been printed, please help out.

Mods please frontpage

What tribe are you and which state are you based!!!
I fear as I see a common trend with regards to those who are disenfranchised.

Let’s collate those genuine names and demand explanation.
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by otokx(m): 6:54pm On Feb 07, 2019
INEC is obviously having issues because some staff have been compromised.
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by Gleefreak125(m): 7:43pm On Feb 07, 2019
anjigirl:
ASUU strike has already disenfranchised millions of students majority who are cyber war lords
Most collected their PVC at school or nearby so won’t be able to vote

I heard one can change his voting centre to a new location. I don't know how and if it's still ongoing. I tried searching but couldn't get a reliable answer. I'd be in Lagos during the elections but my PVC was registered in Ilorin. I really wish I can vote here in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by safarigirl(f): 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2019
itzzkhaliii:

This your allegation dey as he be,Am I also from the south? I have to go to inec office today in Kaduna my area to collect mine and the same problem with that inec did not bring my PVC I should go back next week ,must we sideline in every issue that arise would that possibly benefit us in one way or the other,the problem is all over the country the simple reason is we mostly take our issues personal not to be ranting online that won't solve our problem..
is Kaduna far north? I am in Abuja and a lot of people have the same issue, I know why I said far North.

PS: I am not ranting. I was stating an observation and it is not wrong.

Anyway, I sha have my PVC, so, if I am ranting, I am ranting with a PVC, better than ranting without one

1 Like

Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by zicoraads: 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2019
safarigirl:
is Kaduna far north? I am in Abuja and a lot of people have the same issue, I know why I said far North.

PS: I am not ranting. I was stating an observation and it is not wrong.

Anyway, I sha have my PVC, so, if I am ranting, I am ranting with a PVC, better than ranting without one
It's a general problem, even for those living in the 'far North'.

The only difference being a typical Northerner would keep going and probably sleep there to get his PVC. Something someone from another part of the country would never do.
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by extremelygolden: 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
[quote author=Olamsoh post=75504935]How to Locate your PVC.

Google "PVC locator". It will take you to INEC's site.

Insert your surname and date of birth.

It will pop up and tell you exactly where your PVC is.

Proceed and collect your PVC!

Its ready.[/quote

Exactly what I did and when I got to the centre where my PVC was supposedly deployed, they told me they have returned it to INEC Office the previous month because people were not coming to collect theirs.
I went to INEC Office the next day and within 5 minutes my card was out.

That was November last year, sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by AFONJACOW(m): 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2019
go and get fabricate PVC the dullard is going home
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by sacx: 9:58pm On Feb 07, 2019
Smazlexander:
I Don't Mean The Fool Thing Like An Insult......I Tried Like Am Trying Now Last Election And IStill Did Not Get My PVC I Am Already Planning Registering Again Next Time They Are Registering New Voters To Save Me Strees Cause Those That Registered Late Last Year Have Got Thier Voters Card Already.

That would be the better option. Good luck
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by safarigirl(f): 10:18pm On Feb 07, 2019
zicoraads:

It's a general problem, even for those living in the 'far North'.

The only difference being a typical Northerner would keep going and probably sleep there to get his PVC. Something someone from another part of the country would never do.
for what shall it profit you to sleep there and get nothing?

So, someone that has a job and an employer should sleep in INEC office? What will they tell their superiors when they get to work? That they were sleeping and waiting for PVC?

You think people have not slept in INEC office for these things? As early as 3 am, many people wait at INEC office, you get there by 9 and you know you are too late, so, i disgaree with your postulation. People are takijg elections seriously this year, it is INEC that os misbehaving

2 Likes

Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by zicoraads: 11:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
safarigirl:
for what shall it profit you to sleep there and get nothing?

So, someone that has a job and an employer should sleep in INEC office? What will they tell their superiors when they get to work? That they were sleeping and waiting for PVC?

You think people have not slept in INEC office for these things? As early as 3 am, many people wait at INEC office, you get there by 9 and you know you are too late, so, i disgaree with your postulation. People are takijg elections seriously this year, it is INEC that os misbehaving
Summary being it's a general problem, and not just a Southern problem that you wanted to make it look.
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by safarigirl(f): 12:58am On Feb 08, 2019
zicoraads:

Summary being it's a general problem, and not just a Southern problem that you wanted to make it look.
I never said it was solely a southern problem.

My original post, specifically said the issue is MOSTLY in the South, it did not say ONLY in the South, but you read what you want to and understand what you want to and jump to the conclusions that you wish to.

1 Like

Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by zicoraads: 6:15am On Feb 08, 2019
safarigirl:
I never said it was solely a southern problem.

My original post, specifically said the issue is MOSTLY in the South, it did not say ONLY in the South, but you read what you want to and understand what you want to and jump to the conclusions that you wish to.
Aunty, stop trying to twist and find a way out. When you said 'Have you seen anyone in the far North complaining of the same problem...', what were you referring to?

Accept you were wrong, you won't die.
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by celeiyke: 6:27am On Feb 08, 2019
Thobiy:
My Guy, wetin you wan make i do, i registered on 11 january 2018 and i have been going to their office since december but the excuse has been INEC is yet to bring the Pvc, i went there on tuesday and i was told to come back after election, the man even had the gut to tell me that i did not registered and the same people gave me the temporary slip after i went for registeration last year. What is the use of PVC after election, inec should stop saying people have refuse to come and collect their PVC.

Tweet INEC and some newspapers
Re: How INEC Disenfranchised Me by Thobiy(m): 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2019
celeiyke:

Tweet INEC and some newspapers
I Will Do That But I Doubt They Will Take The Matter Serious, Beside I Am Not Sure I Have Interest In The Election Anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election / Ekiti Guber: PDP Candidate, Kolawole Congratulates Oyebanji / 47 Companies Bid For World Bank’s 1.25m Meters Worth $155m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.