Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,343 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara (19024 Views)

Anambra's Governor Soludo is failing - no infrastructure in 18months / Naira Crisis: Emefiele Discloses Why Currency Redesign Policy Is Failing / Ekiti Election: Why APC Is Winning In My Polling Unit – PDP Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by Thobiy(m): 4:28pm On Feb 07, 2019
Atunwa had a landslide victory at the primary, keep decieving yourself

2 Likes

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by samuel900(m): 4:28pm On Feb 07, 2019
They only talk and talk
Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by VicHots(f): 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2019
You forgot to add I am a PDP member!

4 Likes

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by abc115: 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2019
VicHots:
You didn't add I am a PDP member!
God bless you
One was fact checking yesterday without saying IAM A PDP MEMBER

3 Likes

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by bluefilm: 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2019
So Saraki now shares his opinion on nairaland too...?

Na wa o!

Oga abeg, make desperation no kii you o, biko grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by victorypeace: 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2019
Chikiletta:

By Ogunrinde Olayinka, Graduate of Political Science, University of Ilorin.

As a student of political science, over the past few months, I have watched the political actors in my home state, Kwara, campaigning and jostling for power. Some of them want to be House of Assembly members; some of them want to go to the National Assembly as Senators or Honourable members; others want to be Governor; while still, other just want to be the godfathers behind the scene — pulling strings and giving orders.

Focusing on the main contenders, the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and their main challengers, the All Progressives Congress (APC), one thing that strikes me as odd is the clear distinction between the organisational structure and the competence of the candidates being presented by both sides.

For example, the PDP has presented Honourable Razak Atunwa, a former speaker of the State House of Assembly, and current Honourable Member in the 8th National Assembly as its gubernatorial candidate. Atunwa, who also served as a Commissioner for Lands and Housing in the Saraki administration, won the PDP primaries in a landslide due to his executive and legislative experience, that seems to make him well-prepared for the task of governing the State of Harmony.

On the other hand, the APC has presented a virtually untested — at least in public service — Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq as its candidate. Abdulrazaq, whose major claim to fame is that he is the son of the first lawyer in northern Nigeria, has galvanised a segment of the Kwara population with his campaign slogan ‘O to Ge’, which translates to ‘Enough is Enough’ in English.

A brief perusal of the social media handles of the APC and PDP candidates shows that while the PDP candidate, Atunwa, is looking to the future by putting forth specific agendas that his government can be held accountable to if he assumes office, the APC candidate, Abdulrahman, is focusing on the past and trying to appeal to voters based on sentiment, with no specific manifesto that he can be held accountable to.

While Atunwa on one hand, tweets and posts about tapping into the existing comparative advantages of each of local government areas of the state in order to boost the state’s economy, Abdulrahman, continues to focus on stirring up sentiments.

One worthy distinction, is that in the last 10 days for each substantive and specific post of Atunwa’s where he sets forth a specific agenda to develop Kwara, there are at least 3 posts from Abdulrahman that simply say “O To Ge.”

As we, the people of Kwara, prepare to choose which party we will follow in the forthcoming elections, let us be reminded that slogans do not win elections and ‘O To Ge’ is not a manifesto.

We must remember the lessons of APC government at the federal level, who promised us ‘Change’, but instead plunged our economy into its first recession in 30 years; flushed all our development indexes with the international community into the toilet; and spread the insecurity across the nation from the North East, where it was once contained, to areas in the North West and the North Central.

Personally, I will not be swayed by sentiment. I will be convinced by specifics. On February 16th and March 2nd, when I go out to vote, I will cast my votes for the candidates and the party that put forth specific agenda for continuity in the development of the state. I will vote for the party, that is consolidating on the successes of the previous years, not the candidates that want ‘Change’ simply because they want power. In my honest opinion, Atunwa and the PDP, are what’s best for Kwara in 2019. As a student of political science, I stand by this.

-Ogunrinde Olayinka, Graduate of Political Science, University of Ilorin.
I thought you said you are graduate of political science. Is that all you were taught in the university. I guess you went to UNIPETROL and not UNIVERSITY. Rubbish post

9 Likes

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by somehow: 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2019
I was thinking he had something reasonable to write, never knew he was on to lick Saraki's foot.

4 Likes

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by Wilsonsurebet13: 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2019
See below
Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by BuhariLooter(m): 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2019
Apc will lose in kwara and in North central region.ASK buhari-dementia supporters��Ask them to tell you why he can't prosecute thieves in his gov't
��Ask them Why he went to beg OBJ and IBB to support him in 2015 and why he collected money from Atiku to sponsor his campaign
��Tell them to provide evidence of atiku being corrupt and why has the EFCC and buhari failed to prosecute him till date
��Ask them why its difficult for buhari to tell Nigerians he had mansion in Abuja
��Ask them why buhari served under abacha and why buhari still insist abacha never stole despite the huge loot recovery by same buhari from Abacha loot
��Ask them if light and darkness can walk and work together and why is it easy for their mister integrity to walk and work with criminals
��Ask them to mention one project buhari has commissioned in their own state
��Ask them where did buhari wife get 2.5b naira that his aides stole from her ... Mind you the aide is still in police custody.
Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by kglamour(m): 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2019
Typically saraki apologist. O to ge is not just a political slogan but has become a movement. I am a kwaran, born and brought up here, and even working here.
As you claimed to be a political student, try to do some visibility study to sample people's opinion, strip yourself against bias mind. Saraki is a parasite to kwara state development.
Goto www.voteabdulraham.com you shall read more comprehensively on o too ge manifesto.

3 Likes

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by Abeyjide: 4:32pm On Feb 07, 2019
VicHots:
You didn't add I am a PDP member!
Don't mind the mumu guy.

5 Likes

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by victorypeace: 4:32pm On Feb 07, 2019
somehow:
I was thinking he had something reasonable to write, never knew he was on to lick Saraki's foot.
My brother I tire. He was even boasting that he studied political science. I'm disappointed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by MrMcJay(m): 4:33pm On Feb 07, 2019
Whobedatte:
Chai. Ojuyobo think s kwara is Lagos
Smh

Saraki is finished. He's gonna be sharing "former" with Onnoghen very soon.

5 Likes

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by nwafada123(m): 4:34pm On Feb 07, 2019
Please, fellow Nairalanders,.how can I be successfully creating posts here? Each time I try, it always says server is overwhelmed. And when I did finally succeed to post a few days ago, It doesn't appear on this homepage. Thanks.
Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by SaintLucia: 4:35pm On Feb 07, 2019
Rather why is Saraki fading in Kwara?

5 Likes

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by AllenSpencer: 4:36pm On Feb 07, 2019
[s]
Chikiletta:

By Ogunrinde Olayinka, Graduate of Political Science, University of Ilorin.

As a student of political science, over the past few months, I have watched the political actors in my home state, Kwara, campaigning and jostling for power. Some of them want to be House of Assembly members; some of them want to go to the National Assembly as Senators or Honourable members; others want to be Governor; while still, other just want to be the godfathers behind the scene — pulling strings and giving orders.

Focusing on the main contenders, the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and their main challengers, the All Progressives Congress (APC), one thing that strikes me as odd is the clear distinction between the organisational structure and the competence of the candidates being presented by both sides.

For example, the PDP has presented Honourable Razak Atunwa, a former speaker of the State House of Assembly, and current Honourable Member in the 8th National Assembly as its gubernatorial candidate. Atunwa, who also served as a Commissioner for Lands and Housing in the Saraki administration, won the PDP primaries in a landslide due to his executive and legislative experience, that seems to make him well-prepared for the task of governing the State of Harmony.

On the other hand, the APC has presented a virtually untested — at least in public service — Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq as its candidate. Abdulrazaq, whose major claim to fame is that he is the son of the first lawyer in northern Nigeria, has galvanised a segment of the Kwara population with his campaign slogan ‘O to Ge’, which translates to ‘Enough is Enough’ in English.

A brief perusal of the social media handles of the APC and PDP candidates shows that while the PDP candidate, Atunwa, is looking to the future by putting forth specific agendas that his government can be held accountable to if he assumes office, the APC candidate, Abdulrahman, is focusing on the past and trying to appeal to voters based on sentiment, with no specific manifesto that he can be held accountable to.

While Atunwa on one hand, tweets and posts about tapping into the existing comparative advantages of each of local government areas of the state in order to boost the state’s economy, Abdulrahman, continues to focus on stirring up sentiments.

One worthy distinction, is that in the last 10 days for each substantive and specific post of Atunwa’s where he sets forth a specific agenda to develop Kwara, there are at least 3 posts from Abdulrahman that simply say “O To Ge.”

As we, the people of Kwara, prepare to choose which party we will follow in the forthcoming elections, let us be reminded that slogans do not win elections and ‘O To Ge’ is not a manifesto.

We must remember the lessons of APC government at the federal level, who promised us ‘Change’, but instead plunged our economy into its first recession in 30 years; flushed all our development indexes with the international community into the toilet; and spread the insecurity across the nation from the North East, where it was once contained, to areas in the North West and the North Central.

Personally, I will not be swayed by sentiment. I will be convinced by specifics. On February 16th and March 2nd, when I go out to vote, I will cast my votes for the candidates and the party that put forth specific agenda for continuity in the development of the state. I will vote for the party, that is consolidating on the successes of the previous years, not the candidates that want ‘Change’ simply because they want power. In my honest opinion, Atunwa and the PDP, are what’s best for Kwara in 2019. As a student of political science, I stand by this.

-Ogunrinde Olayinka, Graduate of Political Science, University of Ilorin.
[/s]

Or you wanted to say PDP?

5 Likes

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by netpro(m): 4:37pm On Feb 07, 2019
PDP and their affinity to Falsehood is legendary. Saraki is in Panic mode.

4 Likes

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by edupedia: 4:37pm On Feb 07, 2019
Triangles1:
Liar.

Very fake report.... he is desperate for money to survive ASUU strike.....

3 Likes

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by fredoooooo: 4:40pm On Feb 07, 2019
We go see the failure soon ...

Sai BABA I Know Sai APC

2 Likes

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by femmy2010(m): 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2019
abc115:
Paid writer...Failing but won the last election...

I wonder oo
Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by kglamour(m): 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2019
o to ge
Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by ogunsbanjul(m): 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2019
From your points here we can confirmed that you're an agent of a party you're defending. I thought the same state conducted a bye election recently which your self acclaimed failed APC won. My brother there intellectuals here who can tell you the real story and not you

1 Like

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by yahmohy27: 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2019
Abeyjide:
keep deceiving yourself .looking for cheap popularity.
No mind am,eye service graduate
Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by Tom1999: 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
Sir Ogunride Olayinka
Thank you for you eloquent analysis.......you shall be blessed with more knowledge and as you keep on sharing that knowledge so shall your fountain never run dry.
You have put Kwara into words.
Yoruba people are born to be objective people.....
Atunwa for Gov of Kwara in Jesus Name
Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by Didi2d(m): 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
Biased write up

In other words, PDP writer

1 Like

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by Neednewphone: 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by 042rebel: 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
Op, were you asleep during the just concluded by-election in Kwara?

1 Like

Re: Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara by yahmohy27: 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
antonio882:
THIS IS GRAND-MASTER GRAPHICS DESIGN TRAINING LIKE YOU NEVER HAD BEFORE – NO THEORY. NO BULLSHITS. 100% PRACTICAL TO MAKE YOU A PRO THIS YEAR IN 4 WEEKS!

Thanks to social media and the app-store economy, design skills are more valuable than ever.
Are you interested in learning more about how to communicate your creative ideas in a way that will capture the attention of your audience? THEN THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU!

This training takes you from Design novice to professional creative through intensive practical training.

WHAT YOU WOULD MASTER AFTER THIS 4 WEEKS PRACTICAL-DRIVEN TRAINING

- The Breakdown of Curriculum that covers EVERYTHING you would practically learn during the training period can be obtained on the website link in banner or better still reach our customer care to request for curriculum sent to you via email

FEES: N28,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: 11th of February 2019

TIME (10am – 2pm) – Time subject to changes for flexibility

PERIOD: 4 Weeks Marathon Training (Weekends and 3 times a Week training also available but with higher charges)

CERTIFICATION: Certificates issued At End of Training at a little extra cost

VENUE: IKEJA LAGOS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

INTERNSHIP AND JOB SUPPORT: We provide ONE to TWO MONTHS INTERNSHIP after training that enables you to sharpen your skills and competency after the training. We also provide mentorship support for up to months after training as well as jobs recommendations & referrals

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

Contacts and Website on Banners

THIS INCREDIBLE TRAINING OF A LIFETIME HAS STARTED – GUARANTEED TO MAKE YOU AN ICT PRO BEFORE THIS 2019!

In your dream right ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS / Senate Presidency: Ex-Zamfara Gov, Yari Warns APC / ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.