Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

I Remain SDP Presidential Candidate - Donald Duke Insists - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remain SDP Presidential Candidate - Donald Duke Insists (9711 Views)

Donald Duke And Ben Murray Bruce Visit The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road (Pictures) / 'FCT Is Mere 37th' - SDP Presidential Candidate, Adebayo Adewole / Donald Duke Reacts As Court Sacks Him, Declares Gana Sdp’s Presidential Candidat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Remain SDP Presidential Candidate - Donald Duke Insists by TruthinAction: 2:06pm On Feb 08, 2019
Oshoboy01:

*The Social Democratic Party and the state of play*

This afternoon, the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Social Democrats Party (SDP) came up with a decision to endorse the APC and its candidate, President Mohammadu Buhari for the February 16th Presidential election. This decision has arisen according to the party, as a result of protracted legal squabbles within the party which has made the party unable to commence a decent campaign.

Regardless and for the avoidance of doubt, I Donald Duke, remain on the ballot and the candidate of the SDP as recognized by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

This unfortunate saga, is as a result of an aspirant who lost at the party primaries on the 6th of October fair and square, does not query the conduct of the primaries but rather resorts to bigotry, querying my suitability to contest for the presidency on grounds that I come from “the wrong part of the country”.

The Federal Court of Appeal has put this matter to rest. The office of President and any constitutional office for that matter, does not belong to any party and therefore not for a party to zone. What is more worrisome for our nascent party is its inability to reign in its members, particularly sore losers. Internal management of party affairs has been the bane of our democracy.

My decision to run on an untainted political platform rather than on one which I was a founding member, is grounded on a desire to afford our electorate and indeed our nation a clean break, options and alternatives to her current gladiators.

For the SDP NEC to thereby endorse the APC or any other party, is rather unfortunate and betrays in my opinion, the desire of the vast majority of our party members and Nigerians credible alternatives to our nation’s leadership. I need not say more, suffice that I remain on the ballot and thereby still present myself as a candidate for the office of President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Thank you and look forward to your endorsement on the 16th of February 2019.

Donald Duke
Presidential Candidate, Social Democratic Party

http://trixxng.com/i-remain-sdp-presidential-candidate-donald-duke-insists/

Donald Duke should just resign from politics. I am beginning to think that a special amount of money is paid to all candidates contesting for political positions in Nigeria. Otherwise, why split other candidates vote when you know you can't even win your ward? The truth will come out soon.
Re: I Remain SDP Presidential Candidate - Donald Duke Insists by mechanics(m): 2:15pm On Feb 08, 2019
Nothing for him, no time for him to even campaign and he want people to endorse him.
Re: I Remain SDP Presidential Candidate - Donald Duke Insists by Daviddson(m): 2:16pm On Feb 08, 2019
SalamRushdie:
you have fooled yourself mumu
Your bitterness and disrespect for people is disgusting. You were the same person insulting the mother of the VP in another thread. Grow up, man.
Re: I Remain SDP Presidential Candidate - Donald Duke Insists by SalamRushdie: 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2019
Daviddson:
Your bitterness and disrespect for people is disgusting. You were the same person insulting the mother of the VP in another thread. Grow up, man.

I Have no respect for anyone directly , indirectly or subtly working for Buhari !!!! God Punish Buhari!!!!
Re: I Remain SDP Presidential Candidate - Donald Duke Insists by MrAJQ(m): 2:25pm On Feb 08, 2019
monex:

GEJ was loved by millions too
We're in 2019 and you're taking us back to 2015. Who is talking about Jonathan now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bolaji Akinremi: Ogun Refugees In Benin Republic Have All Gone Back Home / FIFA World Cup: Like Messi, Tinubu Will Silence His Critics In 2023 – Keyamo / Obi Loses In Akwa Ibom, Comes Distant Third Behind Tinubu And Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.