Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Grammy Awards 2019: Drake And Others Declined Performance - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Grammy Awards 2019: Drake And Others Declined Performance (665 Views)

Mr Macaroni: Why I Declined Osinbajo's Invitation / Ben Bruce With Burna Boy And His Mother At The BET Awards 2019 In US / Drake and Wizkid hug as they perform together on stage at the 02 Arena London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grammy Awards 2019: Drake And Others Declined Performance by Lekzyloaded: 9:10am On Feb 08, 2019
Drake, Kendrick Lamar and Childish Gambino have all declined to perform at the 2019 Grammy awards holding on February 10 in Los Angeles.

Their refusal to perform has been linked to the way the producers of the Grammy Awards treat the HipHop community.

Last year, Jay-Z who had the highest nominations with 8 nods failed to go home with a single award. Kendrick Lamar, though winning all five awards in rap categories, lost the Album of the Year award to Bruno Mars.

The Head of Awards of the Recording Academy, Bill Freimuth, has responded to the issue saying they are viewing it with diligence.

“We certainly have been listening to the community with these concerns,” said Freimuth. “The difficulties that our voters have every year is that there are so many excellent recordings, and I think this year that number increased even more.”

“As always, we only have so many nominees in every category,” he continued. “So, you know, it’s never easy to tell what’s going to be nominated because we have got so many [voters] that are professional music creators, they’re coming from all types of different genres and different disciplines and varied experiences.”

Ken Ehrlich, the longtime producer of the Grammy telecast, told the Times:

“The fact of the matter is, we continue to have a problem in the hip-hop world.

“When they don’t take home the big prize, the regard of the academy, and what the Grammys represent, continues to be less meaningful to the hip-hop community, which is sad.”

Source: https://www.gistkit.com/entertainment/grammy-awards-2019-drake-and-others-declined-performance/

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique missyb3

Re: Grammy Awards 2019: Drake And Others Declined Performance by Justpd: 9:13am On Feb 08, 2019
If they're not performing, then I'll be declining Grammy's invitation too.

Thanks
Re: Grammy Awards 2019: Drake And Others Declined Performance by lilmax(m): 9:50am On Feb 08, 2019
wow, seems I won't be attending the Grammy then
Re: Grammy Awards 2019: Drake And Others Declined Performance by ehissi(m): 2:14pm On Feb 08, 2019
Deoseries:
Wait ooo all because they didn't get what they want.Meanwhile, you can get External drives filled with Latest and Top Rated Movies including AQUAMAN, LIONHEART, BIRDBOX and TV Series in HD quality at affordable price. Lagosians with hard drives, we can set a meeting for the transfers. This is a perfect gift for Movies Junkies, please help a bro today by patronizing. Thanks.

How much is the drive and what is the size?

(1) (Reply)

(most Beautiful Campus Queen, Nigeria 2019) / 2face Was Never My Best Friend, But I Will Settle With Him This Year – Blackface / Checkout Epic Reply By Tunde Ednut To An Intending Yahoo Boy - Sceenshot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.