Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (photos) (31749 Views)

EFCC Arrests 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photo) / EFCC Arrests 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Delta / EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2019
TheMoniker:
Early February, the news of EFCC harassing people in major cities in Nigeria started trending on the social media and pockets of EFCC officials can be seen roaming the streets which ordinarily is not a major threat to any legitimate income earning individual, their was a twist when their activities reached the all time height when they started breaking into people’s house, demanding for their gadgets and searching every nook and cranny not leaving any stone unturned.
“Brother Dele, they hit me with the gun’s butt and I was bleeding profusely cos I didn’t open the door on time, I though they were thieves” this was the experience of my cousin but in my word I told him they are definitely working based on intelligence report and if you are not a confirmed suspect they won’t come knocking, when I said this he kept mum and I though he’s not telling me something.
Fast forward to 8th February at around 2am in a commando style, a group of armed men stormed my compound, team assigned to each apartment banging on doors forcefully, babies crying, husbands scared and my own wife was passing out pee uncontrollably. “Open this door, you must be mad, we will break this door open if you don’t open up now” in a very loud voice, I calmed myself and summon the courage to ask who they are “You must be crazy, this is EFCC”
I opened up and I was “welcomed” in by this August visitors with a slap on my cheek, I still maintained my cool and they took over my own house and to my surprise, they are with the FBI from the United States led by a white man. In a quite ecstasy “A white man taking charge of my home, what a country.”
It should be noted that while this was going on, my pregnant wife was made to lay on the ground in my own house while my 2 year old daughter was crying and me the man of the house was being questioned while standing.
“What do you do for a living, where is your car unlock this phone, where are your other gadgets, unlock your laptop”
After answering all their questions and combing through my gadgets, later asked we should all go out and sit on the floor in my compound, I meet all other occupants sitting while they search our apartments, when they were done, they said said they are out to make the country free from internet fraudsters with the collaboration of the FBI and around 3am.
In as much as I do not support internet fraud, the activity has raised dust and so many unanswered questions.
1. We are no longer safe in our already tensed country.
2. The security outfit I’m paying with my tax are collaborating with foreigners to harass me in my own country.
3. They are so unapologetic in their engagement style.
4. They operate without search warrant which is illegal.
5. Its a war situation in the country and should be treated as such as no one is safe.
6. Can the FBI operate in such way in their home country?
According to a ClearCommerce survey, the top 12 international sources for online fraud are Ukraine, Indonesia, Yugoslavia, Lithuania, Egypt, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Russia, Pakistan, Malaysia, and Israel.
Can they FBI go about this activity in any of those countries which Nigeria did not even appear on the list?
In my submission, I’ve come into conclusion that we do not have a functioning government in Nigeria, it’s all about the “Get rich quick” scheme that has been running for years and it reached it’s peak with this present ruling party (APC)
Flash back to Obasanjo’s era when pressure were I him to stop T.B Joshua from airing his program on TV, Obasanjo in his word said “Do you know how much this man contributes to out economy with his religion tourism?”
Russian government once threatened Nigerian government if they fail to release it’s nationals that allegedly smuggled arms into the country within 24 hours and that was the last heard of the news.
This is very hard times and we should do all we can to vote out this incompetent government for the peace of our country and to restore our national pride.

NOTE: This might not make it to the front page cos it’s meant to be a secret war by the government in collaboration with the FBI as it’s against the rule of engagement, copy as many people as possible. It’s going on in Ibadan as I speak.

The scenario is pathetic already, I truly feel your emotions but there are some key questions we as Nigerians are neither asking nor answering, foreigners come to fully intimidate us in our own country and do whatever they want and go scout free with the help of our country's men in authorities and most of us just blame the government, yes the government is supposed to protect its citizens no doubt but a lot of the ills in society is no cause by the government (this is deep). The question is how do you value your neighbor, how do you value your countryman, this is the beginning and the solution to the problem. If we value ourselves then no government no foreigners can ride on us...

An average Nigerian do not have regards for his fellow likewise Africans at large, that's why these people keep taking us for granted after all "who re you to cry more than the bereaved".

By the way, why did you not suit them for infringement and violation of your rights?
(I know we re in Nigeria so I don't expect an answer���)

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (photos) by davien(m): 5:16pm On Feb 08, 2019
Craigslists:
EFCC should leave street boys alone and go for Gandollar, Maina, Babachair, Oshiomhole, Fashola, Tinubu and Akpabio, they are the real yahoo boys.

Right now Yahoo Yahoo is a vibrant sector in Nigerian economy as it’s the highest employer of the youth, in fact the federal Government should create a ministry for it in that regard because Yahoo Yahoo is not ending anytime soon as long as Nigeria still remains a corrupt nation and the poverty capital of the world.

If na arrest EFCC think say be the solution, make I tell them say dey get big work for their hand, because them go arrest tire, in fact make them go build very big prison because space no go dey to keep the number of boys wey them go arrest. You arrest 20 today while 100 will buy laptops tomorrow and you think you are winning the fight against Yahoo Yahoo, I laugh in Japanese because na our oil work they wan try stop so.
Don't be lazy, I suspect you are a fraudster but regardless..

Making money legitimately online isn't hard and is more rewarding than striking big and then squandering within a short amount of time, then looking for someone to fall for old tricks..

If it weren't for scammers, PayPal and other online transaction agencies would be accepting Nigerians and the economy wouldn't be this bad because so many youths are talented enough to work and learn to trade to make a honest living online.. Change this mindset of yours so Nigeria may still retain her lost trust in the international community.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (photos) by YANDE800(m): 5:22pm On Feb 08, 2019
CHISOS THAT WAN NOR BE BRIGHT..
SEE BRIGHT O.
CHAI
Re: EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (photos) by BenzEne1(m): 5:41pm On Feb 08, 2019
YANDE800:
CHISOS
THAT WAN NOR BE BRIGHT..

SEE BRIGHT O.

CHAI

Ha ha
Know d dude huh?
Re: EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 08, 2019
TheMoniker:
Early February, the news of EFCC harassing people in major cities in Nigeria started trending on the social media and pockets of EFCC officials can be seen roaming the streets which ordinarily is not a major threat to any legitimate income earning individual, their was a twist when their activities reached the all time height when they started breaking into people’s house, demanding for their gadgets and searching every nook and cranny not leaving any stone unturned.
“Brother Dele, they hit me with the gun’s butt and I was bleeding profusely cos I didn’t open the door on time, I though they were thieves” this was the experience of my cousin but in my word I told him they are definitely working based on intelligence report and if you are not a confirmed suspect they won’t come knocking, when I said this he kept mum and I though he’s not telling me something.
Fast forward to 8th February at around 2am in a commando style, a group of armed men stormed my compound, team assigned to each apartment banging on doors forcefully, babies crying, husbands scared and my own wife was passing out pee uncontrollably. “Open this door, you must be mad, we will break this door open if you don’t open up now” in a very loud voice, I calmed myself and summon the courage to ask who they are “You must be crazy, this is EFCC”
I opened up and I was “welcomed” in by this August visitors with a slap on my cheek, I still maintained my cool and they took over my own house and to my surprise, they are with the FBI from the United States led by a white man. In a quite ecstasy “A white man taking charge of my home, what a country.”
It should be noted that while this was going on, my pregnant wife was made to lay on the ground in my own house while my 2 year old daughter was crying and me the man of the house was being questioned while standing.
“What do you do for a living, where is your car unlock this phone, where are your other gadgets, unlock your laptop”
After answering all their questions and combing through my gadgets, later asked we should all go out and sit on the floor in my compound, I meet all other occupants sitting while they search our apartments, when they were done, they said said they are out to make the country free from internet fraudsters with the collaboration of the FBI and around 3am.
In as much as I do not support internet fraud, the activity has raised dust and so many unanswered questions.
1. We are no longer safe in our already tensed country.
2. The security outfit I’m paying with my tax are collaborating with foreigners to harass me in my own country.
3. They are so unapologetic in their engagement style.
4. They operate without search warrant which is illegal.
5. Its a war situation in the country and should be treated as such as no one is safe.
6. Can the FBI operate in such way in their home country?
According to a ClearCommerce survey, the top 12 international sources for online fraud are Ukraine, Indonesia, Yugoslavia, Lithuania, Egypt, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Russia, Pakistan, Malaysia, and Israel.
Can they FBI go about this activity in any of those countries which Nigeria did not even appear on the list?
In my submission, I’ve come into conclusion that we do not have a functioning government in Nigeria, it’s all about the “Get rich quick” scheme that has been running for years and it reached it’s peak with this present ruling party (APC)
Flash back to Obasanjo’s era when pressure were I him to stop T.B Joshua from airing his program on TV, Obasanjo in his word said “Do you know how much this man contributes to out economy with his religion tourism?”
Russian government once threatened Nigerian government if they fail to release it’s nationals that allegedly smuggled arms into the country within 24 hours and that was the last heard of the news.
This is very hard times and we should do all we can to vote out this incompetent government for the peace of our country and to restore our national pride.

NOTE: This might not make it to the front page cos it’s meant to be a secret war by the government in collaboration with the FBI as it’s against the rule of engagement, copy as many people as possible. It’s going on in Ibadan as I speak.

Fam you right 100%. buh the thing is Nigerians we are really smart, i mean really smart. Only Nigerians are really really good at finding loopholes in basically anything, aside from Russia. The FBI thy know that, and thats why is like this, Nigerian scams is too sophisticated, even FBI be like how do they pull this off. This is one of the reasons i say if you decide na lapi job you wan start, baba OPSEC is the number one rule,always cover your digital footprint. The only way people do this is by using veracrypt, mac-address changer, Residential RDP and bitcoin tumbler this 4 things would make u invincible. This idea say naija be number one for scam is just people dont cover their digital footprint, everything leads back to nigeria, we they learn work where it comes to Russians, those guys na OG, buh they always cover their tracks. Regarding EFCC, like you pointed out, keep it on a low key, buh this boys they house 24/7, playing loud music, smoking mari, having diff girls around, lol this ones still they learn work. And the idea to vote out APC or whatever, i dont really believe either PDP or APC, would make this country better. Until we have good patriots that are ready to bleed and die for this country in government the mass looting wont end.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (photos) by airsaylongcon: 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2019
BABANGBALI:
na lie jo

Jamila Shuaibu (Edo or Yoruba)
Bright Idumwonyi Osaigboko (Edo)
Idemudia Emmanuel (Edo)
Sandra Alang (Unknown but definitely not Igbo)
Re: EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (photos) by tyup(m): 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2019
dheaven:
They can use this knowledge for IT and they will still succeed. I don't know why they choose Yahoo.

IT like? undecided
Re: EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2019
Jamila even join them....lol
Re: EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (photos) by YANDE800(m): 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2019
BenzEne1:

Ha ha Know d dude huh?
yes o. MA real guy as in I am shocked
Re: EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (photos) by raji123: 12:01pm On Feb 10, 2019
I'm tired of this country!!! EFCC or whatever you call yourself leaders of corruption...Why you don't go onto politics men those who are disgracing the country home and abroad provide job make una no dey Thief money Shabi u dey travel go Yankee you see how the Economy is going on there Nigerian government is nothing just a bitch GOD is going to judge everyone no need your family money them they Scamm mother fucking asshole people one person will go for governor 8years and still wanting to go for another one why you no dey rotate ham between your family �GOD bless America

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Armed Robber Who Dresses Like A Herdsman Arrested In Ogun / A Nigerian Lady Spotted Having Sex With Dog For Money In Dubai (18+ Video) / See The Car Thieves Arrested In VGC Yesterday Evening (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.