Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,327 members, 7,954,321 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:38 PM

President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times (60268 Views)

Abacha's Children VS Buhari's Children: SCHOOLS ATTENDED / Garba Shehu: Buhari’s Children Have Right To Use Presidential Jet / Kemi Adeosun Forged NYSC Certificate - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by dokyOloye: 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2019
TIDDOLL:
I honestly dont understand the fuss here.
The man was never poor, and neither is the wife.
No,he said he is poor.
So poor he couldn't afford 27m for his nomination form in 2015.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by dokyOloye: 7:26pm On Feb 08, 2019
Slynation:

put yourself in his shoes....
if u were once the military head of state in a country and also a civilian president will u allow your children to study in Futminna or Usman danfodio University or even OAU just because u wanna maintain the so called Mr Integrity??

If u can answer this rhetorical question within you, then u will know why i say the issue on ground is no big deal and a baseless point
Goodluck's children including his adopted daughter all schooled in Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by dokyOloye: 7:31pm On Feb 08, 2019
shosky1794:

You guys talk about studying abroad as if it's one big thing. Three of my friends studied abroad even when their parents financial status was not even up to a quarter of Buhari's. Studying abroad ain't a big deal. My brother's wife went to the UK to do her PhD. I know their financial status.
You can lie oooo
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by wirinet(m): 7:33pm On Feb 08, 2019
Rigel95:

You just lied bro. It is impossible to send three children to a UK insritution on 830k a month salary. Imagine paying around £30k a year on tuition alone talk more of feeding housing and other expenses.

First of all, Buhari did not send three children to school in the UK at the same time. Secondly, as a general, posting and operational allowances are quite substantial. My little in law who is just a rating receive up to N10,000 to N15,000 every week.
Soldiers out on military assignments are meant to receive allowances everyday. The problem nowadays is that the top officers sit on the allowances of junior officers.
A former president or governor receives substantial amount of monies and official benefits from the government, not to talk of additional benefits as a retired general.
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by dokyOloye: 7:38pm On Feb 08, 2019
Kayyy:
if my mum a major distributor with a fmcg company spanning over 15 years and my dad a printer can send 4 kids to study abroad , then i am trying to wonder how you can find it hard to believe that a retired general, a former petroleum minister, a former head of state, a former ptf chairman, a major farmer can send his children to study abroad. Are people on this forum so young that they cant ask or research buhari's contemporaries/ colleagues in the military/politics and compare and contrast them, compare buhari with obasanjo, babangida, abdulsalam abubakar, theophilus danjuma, jerry useni, late abacha, even people like buba marwa who were juniors etc. Compare what is each is worth before you can see how buhari stands out amongst them.
Therein lies the hypocrisy.
If IBB,Abdulsalam,Marwa,etc start opposing buhari politically tomoro,buhari will remind ppl like you that they are thieves.
Obj and Danjuma have already been labelled thieves.
Buhari is allegedly mr integrity who was so poor he couldn't afford about 20m for his nomination forms,yet he is living like the ppl he calls thieves.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by dokyOloye: 7:40pm On Feb 08, 2019
wirinet:

First of all, Buhari did not send three children to school in the UK at the same time. Secondly, as a general, posting and operational allowances are quite substantial. My little in law who is just a rating receive up to N10,000 to N15,000 every week.
Soldiers out on military assignments are meant to receive allowances everyday. The problem nowadays is that the top officers sit on the allowances of junior officers.
A former president or governor receives substantial amount of monies and official benefits from the government, not to talk of additional benefits as a retired general.
As at the time Buhari was sworn in in 2015, four of his children were still in school at the UK.
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by wirinet(m): 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2019
dokyOloye:

Therein lies the hypocrisy.
If IBB,Abdulsalam,Marwa,etc start opposing buhari politically tomoro,buhari will remind ppl like you that they are thieves.
Obj and Danjuma have already been labelled thieves.
Buhari is allegedly mr integrity who was so poor he couldn't afford about 20m for his nomination forms,yet he is living like the ppl he calls thieves.

All these because Buhari sent his kids to higher education in the UK. Can you compare the physical and financial assets of IBB,Abdulsalam,Marwa,etc with that of Buhari?

So for Buhari to prove to wallers that he is Mr. Integrity, he must send his kids to public schools and live in rented apartment.
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by OreMI22: 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2019
MeanChris:
The joke is on his supporters

cheesy

No wonder he does not care about Nigeria's universities or if ASUU went on strike for 2 years to get better conditions for our universities. Tomorrow, Buhari's paid zombies will claim that he cares about them because he said so.

It's a shame that anybody ever believed Buhari had the least intention of not being a typical corrupt politician that promised one thing and did the opposite.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by shosky1794: 8:20pm On Feb 08, 2019
dokyOloye:

You can lie oooo

Please point out my lies
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by Niceman4u(m): 8:22pm On Feb 08, 2019
y dd not dey study Saudi Arabia? I thought he did not have money b4?
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by shosky1794: 8:32pm On Feb 08, 2019
GoldHorse:

Respect and goodwill! Do they even know if the kids are being happily sponsored by a friend or grateful relation? ...but the wailers will claim that he must come and share this private info with them.

Apart from that he can easily afford to by himself without help.

One just needs to school them sometimes.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by Rigel95(m): 8:34pm On Feb 08, 2019
wirinet:

The quote was not about Buhari, I only refuted the statement that a certain Mr. sent his 3 kids to UK universities on a salary not up to £22k/annum.

The discussion about Buhari is for another day.
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by shosky1794: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2019
lexy2014:

By asking u, am trying 2 find out. U are d one who made a claim, but u don't have d facts or information to back ur claims

If a former governor could get 100 million as pension, some even more then tell me a former president will not get a tenth of that. And just like someone said, what happens to goodwill. There are some positions you get to in Nigeria that your worries won't even be sending children abroad to study because people will be falling over themselves to take care of that for you.
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by shosky1794: 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2019
Rigel95:

The quote was not about Buhari, I only refuted the statement that a certain Mr. sent his 3 kids to UK universities on a salary not up to £22k/annum.

The discussion about Buhari is for another day.

If you want to take me up on that then be my guest
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by wirinet(m): 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2019
BlindAngel:

When u go get sense?? Someone whose 6 of his kid's studied in the UK, claimed he borrowed 25 million from union bank to buy presidential nomination form... Zombie will always be zombie, spits... Tuehhh

Could it be that it was because someone sent 6 of his kid's to study in the UK is the primary reason he could not afford N25million to buy presidential nomination forms?

If he paid N25million for nomination form and at the same time send 6 of his kids to school in the UK, would wailers not still scream " thief" and ask how he is able to do all on presidential and military pensions and allowances?
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by shosky1794: 8:45pm On Feb 08, 2019
OreMI22:

No wonder he does not care about Nigeria's universities or if ASUU went on strike for 2 years to get better conditions for our universities. Tomorrow, Buhari's paid zombies will claim that he cares about them because he said so.

It's a shame that anybody ever believed Buhari had the least intention of not being a typical corrupt politician that promised one thing and did the opposite.

Please point out one Nigerian politician that does not have a kid abroad. If they don't have abroad then the children be in a private school here. So if you are going to accuse any politician of not caring about Nigeria universities then you won't have to vote for anybody from the LGA chairman in your area up to the president.
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by Rigel95(m): 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2019
shosky1794:

You are free to believe what you want to believe. I have given examples and these are people I know very well. You also need to find out what former governors in Nigeria enjoy, how much more a former Head of State/President.
I do not care what anybody earns. I only know it is impossible to send 3kids to UK universities on a salary of £22k salary per annum.
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by shosky1794: 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2019
wirinet:

Could it be that it was because someone sent 6 of his kid's to study in the UK is the primary reason he could not afford N25million to buy presidential nomination forms?

If he paid N25million for nomination form and at the same time send 6 of his kids to school in the UK, would wailers not still scream " thief" and ask how he is able to do all on presidential and military pensions and allowances?

That's what we are saying. We should try and be a little rational in our argument. It shouldn't be about emotions and sentiments
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by shosky1794: 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2019
Rigel95:

I do not care what anybody earns. I only know it is impossible to send 3kids to UK universities on a salary of £22k salary per annum.

You know little bro
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by chinedumoooo: 9:21pm On Feb 08, 2019
Leave the family Of this man aloneooo
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by Rigel95(m): 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2019
shosky1794:

You know little bro
You are wrong. I actually know very little(and not ashamed of that fact). But on the subject matter, trust me I know more than little!
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by DeepNuggets: 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2019
Davash222:
While the BMC miscreants attended ogbomosho community school.

Nothing wrong in that, Nigerians have always had a high population of attendance in foreign institutions so stop being sentimental.
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by Slynation(m): 10:39pm On Feb 08, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
are u kidding me but Obama children school in the US..well my take is this buhari is a former head of state receiving pensions and his wife is well to do and from an affluent background...de can afford it...but saying we don't expect our leaders children to school here is nonsense...if our schools are running optimum yy can't leaders children school here d other places de are running to was built by pple not angels na
You knw how phucked up our educational sector is, so nobody is ready to fix it not even Buhari, Am not talking about Obama, US is well developed to handle internal issues perfectly... My stake is that Mr President ks right to send his wards abroad due to high level of crimes in Nigeria
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by Slynation(m): 10:53pm On Feb 08, 2019
Atk1nson:

The sensible question to ask is how much is his pension even as a former head of state to send all his children to the UK for studies? According to him, he has no other source of income except a small farm, hence he could not afford APC nomination form and took a bank loan.

Being a supporter of PMB requires crass stupidity

Point of Correction.... I'm not a fan of Buhari nor a lover of the ways of APC, my post here on NL will convince you.... Perhaps if u had been following the convo right from the start u will know my point, The essence of this news is baseless, because even a normal average citizen can send his children out to study abroad without bleeding financially
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by Slynation(m): 11:19pm On Feb 08, 2019
lexy2014:

But buhari said we should purchase made in Nigeria. Are u saying he didn't believe in it based on d reasons u gave?
Abeg leave that buhari, that one can lie so much, even the Agbada he's wearing on daily basis, are they Nigeria made? grin
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by Slynation(m): 11:25pm On Feb 08, 2019
dokyOloye:

Goodluck's children including his adopted daughter all schooled in Nigeria.
Yea....that was the best President we once had, but you guys booted him outta office for a lifeless fellow!!

Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by maisauki: 12:40am On Feb 09, 2019
highcollide:
How did this man send all his children abroad with just rearing his homosexual cows?

Buhari has always been a thief. A coup-plotting jihadist.

He can only fool the yorubas. He cannot fool the rest of us.
and d foolery had produced VP Osinbajo
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by Nobody: 4:44am On Feb 09, 2019
maisauki:
and d foolery had produced VP Osinbajo
and the production of the vp has solved the economic, security problems in your region?
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:26am On Feb 09, 2019
Slynation:

You knw how phucked up our educational sector is, so nobody is ready to fix it not even Buhari, Am not talking about Obama, US is well developed to handle internal issues perfectly... My stake is that Mr President ks right to send his wards abroad due to high level of crimes in Nigeria
so wat makes him different frm other elites then...Wat crimes are talking about...shebi d daughter attended law school here...and d son serve here...de shd go and work in abroad na..d high level of crime excuse is bullshit...jona daughter attended unical and nothing happened...all dis defending of political elites is yy our system is wee it is....d develop US was made possible by humans not angels...
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by lexy2014: 8:54am On Feb 09, 2019
shosky1794:

If a former governor could get 100 million as pension, some even more then tell me a former president will not get a tenth of that. And just like someone said, what happens to goodwill. There are some positions you get to in Nigeria that your worries won't even be sending children abroad to study because people will be falling over themselves to take care of that for you.

Y should I tell u what a former president earns in pension? U are d one who said that a former presidents pension&gift can enable him send 10people 2d UK for studies. U who made d claim, have not been able to say d exact amount. All u have been doing is going round in circles and making assumptions. If u can put a figure on d pension of former governors, y can't u put a figure on d pension of former presidents?
Re: President Buhari’s Children And Where They Schooled - Premium Times by greenprince(m): 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2019
Neoteny:

But Dangote's kids deserve a better life?

Adeleke's kids deserve a better life?

Atiku's kids deserve a better life?

Why should the fact that his kids schooled abroad be the source of your rage and hatred? Since when is that a political talking point?

How do you even know I didn't school abroad?

You people have no idea how to properly oppose your opposition.

Grasping at straws to make your case is just pathetic shenanigans.

That is the problem with you lot. Everything is Atiku and useless PDP and bloody shitty politics.

I study abroad, I work and save up to travel to other countries and see things. I went to Berlin and almost cursed Nigeria along with every living being that has ruled her and did nothing tangible of note. It's so stupid and annoying that you think all I want to do is show opposition.

Who gives a care about Atiku and Saraki and Obi and all those recycled bunch of losers in your revered, integrity laden APC.

Mr... I care about that young man in the street losing his mind because his country has failed him and wrecked his dreams, I am bothered about the average person going through so much hardship and an old hag who is dumb and clueless offering nothing and seeking to remain there longer is not going to.make things better in any way.

If Dangote and Adeleke can defend their sources of wealth and worked hard for it, they can do what they want with it. If you had to depend on the collective wealth of the country to enrich yourself and feel your kids should have better opportunities than others when on a good day you know you don't deserve it, I can NEVER respect you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arrest My Husband And Nigeria Will Boil –asari-dokubo’s Wife Dares Buhari / Femi Gbajabiamila Gives "Christmas Package" To His Constituents (Pictures) / Fani-Kayode Reacts To Suspension Of Fayemi From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.