Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

2019: ASUU Denies Endorsing Atiku - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: ASUU Denies Endorsing Atiku (12451 Views)

Jonathan Denies Endorsing Atiku / Amosun Reacts To Reports Of Dumping APC For APM And Endorsing Atiku / Reno Omokri Reacts To Obasanjo Endorsing Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: ASUU Denies Endorsing Atiku by theoldpretender(m): 10:36pm On Feb 08, 2019
UltimatePrime:
Dear sir/Ma,
I'm a final year and an engineering student of Unilorin. I'm deeply in need of your financial assistance towards the progress of my project. I'm the sponsor of myself and I've never been so financially handicap until my final year. Our monthly progress report is by the ending of this month and I'm yet to acquire necessary data needed for the progress of my work due to the heavily cost of equipment rentage.
Pls kindly assist me as you deem fit. May you not lack by God's grace. Gtb 0130219489

But on this date...January 25th

UltimatePrime:
Dear sir,
I don't know who you're but you just made me the most happiest person on earth right now. I pray God Almighty continue to enrich you and your mentor and grant your heart desires. May you never experince poverty as little as it might be. I don't know how well to express my gratitude but as tears of joy dropped from my eyes i pray God bless you and your mentor. I'm extremely happy.

DSDLIVEREPORT post=75113150:
I just told my mentor about u . Did u receive 25k alert ?

Please, stop trying to get easy money. It does you no good.
Re: 2019: ASUU Denies Endorsing Atiku by cosse(m): 10:55pm On Feb 08, 2019
Rapuru14:
We know... The union should be non-partisan

But that doesn't mean that we don't know who would value education more. A product of quota / nepotistic system cannot be compared to man whom through sheer hard work and brilliance rose to the echelon

We know in their hearts they are Atikulated
lol.....children everywhere.........u know their hearts....lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: ASUU Denies Endorsing Atiku by qleap2all(m): 11:16pm On Feb 08, 2019
We know you appreciate a good product. For 16yrs they suffer our Universities, students and workers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: ASUU Denies Endorsing Atiku by nextnear(m): 11:39pm On Feb 08, 2019
emeka2847:
2019: ASUU denies endorsing Atiku

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has denied what it described as the purported endorsement of the presidential candidate of the opposition, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, in the forthcoming general elections.

A statement issued by ASUU branches across the Ogun State-based universities including the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED), Ijagun, and the Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago-Iwoye, described the report as a figment of the imagination of the reporter, and an attempt by the PDP to drag the union into partisan politics.

The statement, which was signed by the chairmen of the branches including Joel Okewale, Olatunji Ettu and Adebayo Oni for OOU, TASUED, and FUNAAB respectively, noted that ASUU members are free to associate with whichever political party they may decide to choose, but should not do so in the name of the union.

According to ASUU, a report by Tribune newspaper had announced the endorsement of Atiku by the union leadership in Ogun State after a purported meeting with former governor, Gbenga Daniel, in his house.

The union’s statement reads in part; “Our attention has been drawn to a news item in the Tribune Online of Wednesday, February 6, 2019, titled; “#NigeriaDecides: Ogun ASUU, Academics Pledge Support For Atiku.”

“The said article claimed that members of ASUU along with other stakeholders in the educational sector resolved to work, canvass and mobilise in support of the presidential candidate of the PDP, Atiku Abubakar to ensure his election in the forthcoming presidential election in February.

“In refuting the involvement of ASUU in the said resolution, we wish to state the following that: ASUU does not operate along the state divide. Therefore, there is no Ogun ASUU, just as there is no ASUU for other states. Our union has a national charter with branches in universities.

The union described the purported ‘Ogun ASUU’ as a “fabrication, completely nonexistent and a figment of (the) imagination of the newspaper reporter.”

“Whilst respecting the interest of individual academics and their political leanings, our union wishes to state categorically that ASUU has no part in the said meeting where the resolution was made and also disclaims the involvement of ASUU in the said resolution.

“ASUU views the use of its name in the newspaper item as a deliberate mischief by the newspaper correspondent who is aware that ASUU has branch executives in each of the public university in Ogun State, and should have verified the news item before publishing.

“For the avoidance of doubt, ASUU states unequivocally that at no time were any of its representatives involved in any political gathering where support was declared for any political party or candidate.

“We, therefore, dissociate ourselves from this extant Tribune Online news and any such mischievous news item. We call on the public to be wary of such news with the intrinsic frivolity and cheap attempt to ride on our Union’s integrity.”

The chairman of the Lagos Zone of ASUU, Olusiji Sowande, in a telephone interview with PREMIUM TIMES, also condemned the action of the newspaper, describing the report as “unfounded and untrue.”

Q.E..D.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/310975-2019-ASUU-denies-endorsing-atiku.html
this one will deny this, that one will deny that, denial every now and then, here and there, fake news moving to and fro everyday like breeze. but just because the good and real news don't sell doesn't mean we should be spreading the fake news and just forget the true and right ones na. na wa o

1 Like

Re: 2019: ASUU Denies Endorsing Atiku by rusher14: 12:29am On Feb 09, 2019
Would it kill PDP to tell the truth for once?
Re: 2019: ASUU Denies Endorsing Atiku by emeka2847: 12:33am On Feb 09, 2019
Sorry. I don't fancy online begging. Okay?

WR0la:
Good day sir/ma,
I'm guest user of nairaland, i recently registered for this purpose. Please i need your financial assistance as little as it might be. My exam starts on Monday and I neither has food stuffs nor money on me. Please, kindly assist as you seem fit. God bless you.
Re: 2019: ASUU Denies Endorsing Atiku by umarfaruq1805: 3:04am On Feb 09, 2019
Rapuru14:
We know... The union should be non-partisan

But that doesn't mean that we don't know who would value education more. A product of quota / nepotistic system cannot be compared to man whom through sheer hard work and brilliance rose to the echelon

You mean 'share looting and thievery'
Re: 2019: ASUU Denies Endorsing Atiku by Fabregas085: 4:15am On Feb 09, 2019
Such denial can only come from a segment I suspected looooong before reading.
ASUU as a body is made up of seasoned and educated fellows who know the meaning of dementia, tyranny, incompetence, nepotism, dictatorship, illiteracy... echetaram echefurum.
Re: 2019: ASUU Denies Endorsing Atiku by Alejob: 6:25am On Feb 09, 2019
Govt trying to box ASUU to a corner grin
Re: 2019: ASUU Denies Endorsing Atiku by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 09, 2019
Atiku should tell us why he looted our treasury and built 7 hotels in south africa and 12 hotels in dubai.desperate fraudster wants to loot more.sai buhari jor.helping poor nigerians with npower 30k
Re: 2019: ASUU Denies Endorsing Atiku by samarine(m): 7:48am On Feb 09, 2019
Newznow:
Hmm I nearly fainted ,at first I thought I heard ASUU denied suspending Strike grin grin grin
This one finish me oooo
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom PDP Accuses APC Of Masterminding Attack On INEC Buses In Obot Akara LG / Flush Out Lazy Soldiers - Buratai Charges Commanders / Bandits Currently Operating Along Zungeru-kontogora Road - Eyewitness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.