Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari (19978 Views)

Subsidy: Nigeria Treasury Must Be Protected From Looters — Tinubu / FG Saves N500b From Looters / SPIP Recovers Millions Of Dollars From Looters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by HeyCorleone(m): 4:16pm On Feb 10, 2019
Dannyset:
Yes Sir!
This is why the likes of Obasanjo and PDP ilks are fighting dirty and muddy to stop PMB reelection. They have failed. Jail is their home after this election.

So why didn't he just jail them in this his first tenure? After all it would have ensured a smooth reelection for him?

Of course you don't think. Idiot.

1 Like

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by BillgatesMaigad(m): 4:18pm On Feb 10, 2019
nextstep:

Bros... immunity does not mean you should also hold his hand and endorse Ganduje for another term. So if they both get re-elected, EFCC under Buhari would never get a chance to prosecute him? So Buhari can use the excuse of immunity to avoid jailing his brother abi?
What did you expect Buhari to do at the presidential rally in Kano state, were you actually expecting him not to endorse his gubernatorial candidate in a state that can fetch him over one million votes? It is called politics and you're saying what you're saying cos you're not a politician. Politics is an interest driven game!
Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by pfadom: 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2019
Multiplier effect of corruption

1. A young man works for one of the state ministries. His salary is 120K. He makes 15,000 everyday on this desk (N75k a week) engaging in corrupt practices. As a result, he spends the daily cash as he cares. Living large and far above his legitimate income.

2. He visits the local joint every evening and buys drinks for friends, and area boys. They hail him. He is married, but has two girlfriends. His "income" is enough to take care of them. The Asun seller at his favorite joint is happy, the joint owner is happy.

3. Everyone was benefiting from his "income". Friends, family, area boys, joint owner, Asun seller, girlfriends, wife and his church. Life was good.

4. Then suddenly the ministry implemented the Treasury Single Account (TSA) at the beginning of PMB administration. His extra "income" disappeared and he had to adjust to the reality of event and live within his real income. That wasn't easy.

5. Initially he reduced his daily visit to the joint to 3 days a week and stopped buying drinks for everyone. He reduced he plates of Asun. The Asun seller started to find it hard to sell a full goat each day and resorted to buy half.

6. The young man's girlfriends started to feel the heat too. No more iPhone 10. The joint owner noticed a drop in sales. The young man finally stopped visiting the joint after a month. The area boys started feeling his absence. The effect cascaded down.

7. The young man started spending more time at home with his wife and kids. The family had to readjust to the reality of the new normal. His hair stylist noticed the young man suddenly stopped tipping. He will even wait for his N200 change after haircut.

8. Things are different. Times are hard, they all cry. The young man is blaming Buhari, his wife is blaming Buhari, the area boys are blaming Buhari, the girlfriends are saying Buhari must go, the joint owner is saying Buhari killed the "economy"

9. The Asun seller is cursing Buhari, the hair stylist is insisting Buhari is too old to rule. This is the story of our nation where corruption fuels the "economy". Those who are not engaging in it are benefiting from it.

10. This tread is not about Buhari's achievement or failure, but rather about the "multiplier" effect of corruption and how we have built a system largely driven by corruption. It's about policy implication (good or bad). It's about the choices we have made.

Finally, the young man had to withdraw his kids from what he called expensive primary school his kids attend. He added:"what are they teaching them there sef " Obasanjo didn't go to a private school. I just laughed ��
Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by UncleJudax(m): 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2019
Pizzle1234:
Na only to fight corruption buhari sabi do? I am not understanding oo
If only he was fighting corruption.
Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by educhigo: 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2019
nigerians have give you 4years chance and you never recover the huge money all apc root,such as amaechi,ganduji,oshomole,fashola, tunubu,and kalu.no problem you will recover them in daura or in sudan.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by Techkidz(m): 4:24pm On Feb 10, 2019
Dannyset:
Yes Sir!
This is why the likes of Obasanjo and PDP ilks are fighting dirty and muddy to stop PMB reelection. They have failed. Jail is their home after this election.

I tell u my brother.. Nextlevel

1 Like

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by Fourwinds: 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2019
overall90:
still using 2014 template to campaign after almost four years in power.smh
i wonder ooo
Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by gaskiyamagana: 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2019
celebgistz:
Proud Liar grin
Two ex governors cooling in jail known better than you.
Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 10, 2019
Dannyset:
Yes Sir!
what stops him from arresting them now?
Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by Ojiofor: 4:32pm On Feb 10, 2019
Same old story since 1984.
This Lifeless man have been shouting corruption corruption since the time of Shagari and Umaru DIKKO.

1 Like

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by supaphlymee(m): 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2019
Lol this format done cast... Baba come make I sell u new one
Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2019
Reply speech.. That's the only thing he remembers
Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by gaskiyamagana: 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2019
Mankosi:
u dey mind am? He can only tell that to his supporters because he know they are senseless and zombies and they will definitely clap for him as usual.
Anyway, we are satisfy with the way he has handled PDP treasury looters. In a disciplined state, treasury looters list is enough not to hear anything PDP talkless of being a contender for re looting of our treasury.
Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by HomeOfMe(f): 4:41pm On Feb 10, 2019
celebgistz:
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday vowed to recover the nation’s stolen money from looters and send them to prison.

Buhari, spoke at the APC Mega Rally in Lagos, Southwest Nigeria said all those who had stolen Nigeria’s money would not go scotfree.

According to him, he would first of all recover the money from them before sending them to prison.

Buhari called on Lagosians to vote for him and other APC candidates from ‘the bottom to the top.'

Source:https://www.mtetimes.com/2019/politics/i-will-recover-nigerias-money-from-looters-send-them-to-prison-buhari
For him to still be promising and campaign ing with that phrase means he's failed! Since he couldn't achieve that in his first term,there's nothing he can do in the second term if he wins. He eats,drinks,sleep and bath in corruption with the people surrounding him.

1 Like

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by ogatboy(m): 4:43pm On Feb 10, 2019
anjigirl:
His second term in office is going to be brutal! He is just holding back because of his second term ambition

If you believe this, wake up

1 Like

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by Henrymas(m): 4:44pm On Feb 10, 2019
Kindly start with Apc's Bishop Akpabio and Pastor Obanikoro.

1 Like

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by winterfell007(m): 4:45pm On Feb 10, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Sir if you can send obj ,fayose, onnonghen, salami, Atiku, Jonathan, kalu,obanikoro,Ibrahim shetima,Aliyu babagida, Jonathan wife,James ibori abdufatha ahmend,bukola saraki,and yahaya bello send them all to jail I will worship you till you die I pray you live long sir. Ibrahim badamonsi babagida can't serve prison anymore what be fall him now is more than prison his properties should be nationalised.

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by tillo4real(m): 4:45pm On Feb 10, 2019
This man have noting to offer Nigeria,were is all the money I recover from litter,what we need we need to vote buhari out

1 Like

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by yinkeys(m): 4:48pm On Feb 10, 2019
jchioma:
Z'ai baba can only fool himself and his fellow Z'ombies.
The man is what I'd describe as hypocrite & a thief. 4 years of bad governance.
If he rigs the election, he'd go to London for another round of holiday

3 Likes

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 10, 2019
anjigirl:
His second term in office is going to be brutal! He is just holding back because of his second term ambition

Someone that doesn't remember he has done first term and failed us....cant u see he's saying the promise like he's just going there for the first time...

1 Like

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by brainworkng: 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2019
With that statement Buhari can only fool you and other APC idiots and himself quote
Dannyset:
Yes Sir!

1 Like

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by Reference(m): 5:06pm On Feb 10, 2019
nextstep:

Bros... immunity does not mean you should also hold his hand and endorse Ganduje for another term. So if they both get re-elected, EFCC under Buhari would never get a chance to prosecute him? So Buhari can use the excuse of immunity to avoid jailing his brother abi?

Buhari doesn't like corruption and looters, yet he encourages the people of Kano to re-elect one? What kind of hypocrisy is that? If he really wanted to crack down, he should discourage their re-election so he can prosecute them in his second term.

With all the evidence of him looking the other way for multiple crimes committed (so far as you have the broom in your hands), one can see that PMB is only looking after his own re-election, please don't be fooled. And after being re-elected, he's going to go on much needed vacation to London for the rest of 2019. You can count on it.

I told you folks that by 2019 everyone will be demystified.
Who could have imagined in 2015, Mr President coming in with such hot air will raise the hand and salute a person, a governor so publicly discredited and humiliated on accounts of the most open, embarrassing and primitive forms of graft, a kick back in raw cash not once but seven times on candid camera.

Those that planned the sting did not have the governor in their cross hairs. They had Mr. President instead, seeking to make a mockery of his never ending chorus and placing him pn a tight spot. And guess what, he fell for it and demystified himself and ended his legacy..... in January, 2019, just as predicted.

Those pictures at the political rally will forever haunt him. But I did say in 2014 that it was impossible for any leader to end corruption by political will alone without the proverbial dinner with the devil. That corruption did not bear any name or had any contact address rather it was engrained in our collective psyche thus endemic and systemic and the only way to end thebug fest was to 'drain the swamp', aka restructuring the nation', in this case along the lines of fiscal responsibility.

So here we are today after 4 years. Corruption rages on. New, 'graftier' stories everyday, barely a dent in the 'corruption perception index....? And the corruption warlord.... trying to soldier on across the pointless, meaningless wilderness of vain glory to the oasis of triumphism that continues to drift away into the torrid distance like the mirage it truly is....

Just wasting his time....

2 Likes

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 10, 2019
Dannyset:
Yes Sir!

Ur president's memory is so impaired he doesn't remember he has gone for a round already....can't u hear the promise....he's talking like someone that hasn't even gotten chance before to throw corrupt looters in jail....

History is about to repeat itself.....whn he won the election in 2015 he tot Nigerians wanted him......we made that clear 3differnt time when he lost....

.he should know we actually didn't just want Jonathan anymore thats why he won, we would have voted for a rat that very year.....it's just sad that's it's the same thief Atiku that's on the other end
Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by 8stargeneral: 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2019
Hw many times we go hear dis,u will go prison soon.
Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2019
anjigirl:

lol. he is holding back and matter be like this... if he no come get any hold back, we go all chop pepper..na apple we still dey chop and things hard like this. lmao!

1 Like

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by debh(m): 5:30pm On Feb 10, 2019
Na who dey fall for Dis?
Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by YenYo: 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2019
embarassed
How did this man become our president?

What kind of nonsense is this...

Don't fight corruption again, we have seen what you can do.We want Atiku to come and fight poverty you created.

The most useless thing presently in the world is buhari.

1 Like

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by surevik(f): 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2019
We have been hearing this nonsense for the past 3years, try a new strategy by arresting the cabals you surround yourself with.

1 Like

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by rapid101(m): 5:48pm On Feb 10, 2019
Buhari
A man who fought his way to power to become totally useless

Smh

1 Like

Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by bellotaofeek: 5:54pm On Feb 10, 2019
If they didn't cross to APC .Brainless old man
Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by DTeekay(m): 6:01pm On Feb 10, 2019
If you think one person or a group of people can look Nigeria dry you are thinking wrong, Nigeria makes billions daily, so nobody can loot our treasury dry.

All this claim about fighting corruption is just a fight against political rivals.

What about corruption in the civil service, institutions, MDA's, is it only in political climate that corruption or looting exists?

Please anybody that is claiming that all he/she wants to do is fight corruption is just playing with the minds of Nigerians.

Let us get down to facts and figures. How many jobs can you create, what are your plans for improving education, security, infrastructure?
Re: I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari by ezkimow(m): 6:06pm On Feb 10, 2019
anjigirl:

I laugh in SPANGLISH
is the second term more than 4 years?
If he did nothing in his first four years, he'll do nothing if he gets another 4 years. He knows Nigerians are gullible that's why he can still campaign with this stale line....

Las Las Them Don use Nigeria Pant!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Backs Governor Mohammed Abubakar To Sue INEC Over Bauchi Election / Obiano Dethrones 3 Traditional Rulers, Reinstates 5 Others / Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.