Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,037 members, 7,866,926 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:19 AM

What Do I Gain By Going To Heaven - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do I Gain By Going To Heaven (1153 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts / Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? / Prophet Samuel S.T Olaluwoya: 9 Things That Can Not Get You To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do I Gain By Going To Heaven by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 07, 2020
Bacteriologist:
The problem is that religion impacts the ability to think critically.

Eternity is a really long time. I wonder what some Christians I'm thinking when they say they will sing forever.

Like how is it supposed to be paradise if you been singing "Hallelujah" for 700 million years straight?
a lot of them can't even Andy or 5-hour services in their churches without getting bored and tired lma.

Christians and critical thinking ? I am sure you are joking..

grin
Re: What Do I Gain By Going To Heaven by Bacteriologist(m): 12:31am On Mar 08, 2020
frosbel2:

Christians and critical thinking ? I am sure you are joking..

grin

Ah well my bad grin
Re: What Do I Gain By Going To Heaven by NigPatriot(m): 2:22am On Mar 08, 2020
Bacteriologist:
The problem is that religion impacts the ability to think critically.

Eternity is a really long time. I wonder what some Christians are thinking when they say they will sing "Hallelujah" forever.

Like how is it supposed to be paradise if you been singing "Hallelujah" for 700 million years straight?

A lot of them can't even handle 5-hour services in their churches without getting bored and tired. Some even dozing off in Sunday school lmao and they think they can endure eternity in excess of like 898,000,000,000 years in "god's presence."

I always say that religion is mental illness.

Time ceases to exist in eternity!
Re: What Do I Gain By Going To Heaven by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 08, 2020
NigPatriot:

Time ceases to exist in eternity!

Misinformation gave atheists the guts to speak against faith, but it's OK they'll have enough time to do so until their conscience begin to disturb them when they meet the true Christians!

What misinformed churchgoers were taught that heaven is the home of good people is not biblical, God never designed heaven for creatures with flesh and blood! 1Corinthians 15:50 compare to Psalms 115:16

Earth is man's permanent home! God will not communicate with each and every human here because he will use just one man to pass information to all others, but each of us can talk to him in prayer! Isaiah 65:24

By that time God will create NEW things and we will be there to witness such events {Revelations 21:5} humans will not be toiling (being enslaved) by humans no more {Isaiah 65:23} instead of working for some greedy merchants, everyone will be serving the government of the day just like what is called communism today!

There will be equity everywhere, everyone will be entitled to the best things of life and there will no oppressors in God's kingdom. Because all participants in the government will be taken to heaven {John 14:1-4} unlike today where the rulers cheat people and make life miserable for millions of their fellow man! Ecclesiastes 4:1,8:9

Nobody will take account of time for sure because we won't need that anymore! God began taking note of time and accounting for it when Adam and Eve sinned, so when the Bible said all the days of Adam amount to 930 years, that's not the exact time Adam spent alive but the time he spent after eating from the forbidden tree!
Before they did God never took account of time as we're doing today that's why he inspired Peter to write saying "don't calculate your time and dates the way i do because your 1,000 years is just like one day to me" 2Peter 3:8

So from that expression it's clear that God never took account of the times like we're doing today. It was after man sinned and death will make us expire that he began taking note of time because now he must set a time to correct the error, after everything is back to normal as he purposed in the beginning, we won't need taking account of time no more!

As for how life will be then, just think of all what humans have experienced with the past 6,000 years.
We now know how to communicate with ourselves from far distance, we've learnt how to make moving vessels as means of transportation, we've made use of energy to create electricity, we know how to make soaps and body cream to replenish our skin, we've made lots and lots of fabrics to beautify our appearance, shoes, sandals, canvas and slippers of all sorts, makeups to enhance our women's beauty, taking good care of their eyes, hairs and nails.

Even there will be fruits and herbs to help people look good and charming {Revelations 22:2} no one will be allowed to be sleeping around with other people's spouses or defiling themselves in the name of fun {Galatians 5:19-21} so each person will have to take good care of his own wife/husband! Ephesians 5:33

There will be no more stress because you won't need to account for time again, whatever you wish to do you'll have enough time to do it, and nobody will demand from you how long it will take you because there is no more boss!

You'll build a house of your taste {Isaiah 65:21} and you won't need bricks or iron doors because nobody is coming to steal from you! Psalms 37:9-1

All the animals there will eat straw so you don't need to fear building your home inside the thick forest! Isaiah 11:6-9, 65:25; Ezekiel 34:25

So keep all these in your heart and let no one take it away from you, it's the promise from the one who can never lie! Titus 1:2

That's what Jesus commanded us to go out there, preach and teach people who do not have the time to consider all these marvelous things in the Bible! Matthew 28:19-20

For more information about how Paradise will be, you can welcome Jehovah's Witnesses coming to knock your doors and ask from them, false prophets of the world are using what's happening now as baits to make people feel they have the solution or can pester God with their long prayers to change your situation now, that is a lie!
Jesus only asked us to keep preaching, teaching and praying for God's Kingdom to come because that's when all these things will be gone for good! Matthew 6:10
God bless you!
Re: What Do I Gain By Going To Heaven by Blabbermouth: 8:40am On Mar 08, 2020
oluwaseyi000:

All currently ongoing science research will be forced to an abrupt end (not just medically, in case we won't be sick) but amazing research into building better phones, softwares, interplanetary planes and big skyscraper

Won't we be bored considering that there is nothing new for us the second day we enter heaven, everything will be the same forever

We will only live in house jesus has built, even if it's built with 12th century tech

We will probably be forbidden to improve on things we meet in heaven as we've excellently done on things we met on earth

We will never grow a bit older and i want to believe (for the short ones among us, the won't grow taller either)

Doesn't that look like we are stuck? Even more stuck than we are on earth
Hahahahahahahahah... I once thought like this and it gave me creepy, sleepless nights (I'm sure the same is happening to you).
It is written "Eyes have not seen, Ears have not heard and it has never entered into the hearts of men, the things God has prepared for those that love him"...
Think about it;
If mere man (God's creature) could perform such awesome feats in technology, science and a lot of things that has made life fabulous.
How much more do you think angels (God's creature that are higher in knowledge and wisdom than men) would be able to do and create.
Now imagine what the creator of this entities (man and angels) could do.
The reason why you think like that is because you cannot just comprehend it. You wish you can imagine the kingdom of God.
But God said " It has never entered into the hearts of man".... No matter how much we try to imagine it, we can never grasp God's version of Lifestyle, enjoyment, competition, rest and all that he has prepared.
Feel free to ask any question.
Re: What Do I Gain By Going To Heaven by Blabbermouth: 8:57am On Mar 08, 2020
Maximus69:

For more information about how Paradise will be, you can welcome Jehovah's Witnesses coming to knock your doors and ask from them, false prophets of the world are using what's happening now as baits to make people feel they have the solution or can pester God with their long prayers to change your situation now, that is a lie!
Jesus only asked us to keep preaching, teaching and praying for God's Kingdom to come because that's when all these things will be gone for good! Matthew 6:10
God bless you!
With all respect.
1. If you have been studying the Bible as a Christian and not as a JW member, the testimony of who Christ is would have been revealed to you.
I am not saying you are this or you are that. But it hurts to see a sect of Christians carving out their own niche with a deterrent belief that is far derailed from Christ.
The whole members are dependent on some certain white ruling bodies. So when they pass a guide, it gets to the whole branch and it becomes a Law. This is occultic!
Concerning sports, when a law is passed by the white ruling bodies that It is not lawful to watch football it spreads to other members and they take it as if Christ came down and gave them the law.
Are these governing bodies your Christ?
Re: What Do I Gain By Going To Heaven by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 08, 2020
Blabbermouth:

With all respect.
1. If you have been studying the Bible as a Christian and not as a JW member, the testimony of who Christ is would have been revealed to you.
I am not saying you are this or you are that. But it hurts to see a sect of Christians carving out their own niche with a deterrent belief that is far derailed from Christ.
The whole members are dependent on some certain white ruling bodies. So when they pass a guide, it gets to the whole branch and it becomes a Law. This is occultic!
Concerning sports, when a law is passed by the white ruling bodies that It is not lawful to watch football it spreads to other members and they take it as if Christ came down and gave them the law.
Are these governing bodies your Christ?

Our understanding of the scriptures differ, so instead of this presumptuous attitude of yours, why not ask me the reason i have to subscribe to the JWs doctrines? undecided

For your information i wasn't born a JW, i was born and raised a Muslim and from childhood i noticed that there is something wrong somewhere. I became a Christian after listening attentively to the JWs doctrines and everything was well organized as it should be!

God's kingdom is all about an appointed King (Jesus Christ) his corulers (144,000 born again Christians) and the subjects (millions of people from different races who survives the complete destruction of evil)

God gives orders to Jesus {Psalms 110:1-2} Jesus gives orders to his 144,000 corulers {Luke 12:32} while the corulers gives orders to their subjects {Revelations 20:5-6}

Jehovah's Witnesses organization are the one and only group that PERFECTLY fit in to all these.

Jesus also foretold of fake Christians who will be worshiping but failed to figure out the will of God, so if you disagree with this concept of the JWs, please present a better explanation that beats their own or i'll just take you for one of the many misinformed churchgoers claiming Christians without knowing the will of God! Matthew 7:21-23

Jesus preached about the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Satan's agents (Pharisees and Saddusees)also claim the same thing! John 8:41
Jesus made it clear that these people are Worshipers of Satan the Devil! John 8:44

So if thousands of religions having contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines today are claiming followers of ONE Jesus, i fully grasp the idea that the same Satan who blindfolded those Jewish religious leaders contradicting Jesus is behind all these confusion! 2Corinthians 11:14

Jesus is one person so his group should be RECOGNIZABLE by their activities! Matthew 5:14-16

God bless you! smiley
Re: What Do I Gain By Going To Heaven by MrPresident1: 10:30am On Mar 08, 2020
Maximus69:

Our understanding of the scriptures differ, so instead of this presumptuous attitude of yours, why not ask me the reason i have to subscribe to the JWs doctrines? undecided

For your information i wasn't born a JW, i was born and raised a Muslim and from childhood i noticed that there is something wrong somewhere. I became a Christian after listening attentively to the JWs doctrines and everything was well organized as it should be!

God's kingdom is all about an appointed King (Jesus Christ) his corulers (144,000 born again Christians) and the subjects (millions of people from different races who survives the complete destruction of evil)

God gives orders to Jesus {Psalms 110:1-2} Jesus gives orders to his 144,000 corulers {Luke 12:32} while the corulers gives orders to their subjects {Revelations 20:5-6}

Jehovah's Witnesses organization are the one and only group that PERFECTLY fit in to all these.

Jesus also foretold of fake Christians who will be worshiping but failed to figure out the will of God, so if you disagree with this concept of the JWs, please present a better explanation that beats their own or i'll just take you for one of the many misinformed churchgoers claiming Christians without knowing the will of God! Matthew 7:21-23

Jesus preached about the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Satan's agents (Pharisees and Saddusees)also claim the same thing! John 8:41
Jesus made it clear that these people are Worshipers of Satan the Devil! John 8:44

So if thousands of religions having contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines today are claiming followers of ONE Jesus, i fully grasp the idea that the same Satan who blindfolded those Jewish religious leaders contradicting Jesus is behind all these confusion! 2Corinthians 11:14

Jesus is one person so his group should be RECOGNIZABLE by their activities! Matthew 5:14-16

God bless you! smiley

Liar
Re: What Do I Gain By Going To Heaven by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 08, 2020
MrPresident1:

Liar

Why behaving like a kid? undecided

Simply refuting the concept with efficacy by quoting the scriptures to buttress your points will do, and everyone can learn from you.

It's toddlers that do scream LIAR! LIAR!! Without being able to refute what they termed as LIE, i've explained myself based on what i was taught from the Bible, so present what you've learnt from the Bible and allow the followers to compare.

That's what Jesus did, he didn't just keep saying LIAR! He refuted the lies by presenting the indisputable TRUTH!

God bless you! smiley
Re: What Do I Gain By Going To Heaven by Blabbermouth: 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus also foretold of fake Christians who will be worshiping but failed to figure out the will of God, so if you disagree with this concept of the JWs, please present a better explanation that beats their own or i'll just take you for one of the many misinformed churchgoers claiming Christians without knowing the will of God! Matthew 7:21
Concerning the bolded, that was what I was talking about!
How come the whole gospel became diluted and usurped by Satan and his advocates. Except for one man who was in the light (your JW founder) and didn't give in to the pollution of Satan.
Hereafter, everyone became lost and the only saved people are those that subscribe to the doctrines and patterns of your JW org (since the only man with light was its founder).
Congratulation! JW just invented another Jesus.
To be honest with you, I was also a Muslim.
Now, I am saved. A believer in Christ. Nevertheless, I will never subscribe to any sect and say "I am a redeemer, anyone that is not a redeemer is not saved".
Or would I dare say " I am Jehovah's witness (a member of the JW sect) , If you are not with us, you are lost"..
Do you see how archaic and occultic your claim sounds to outsiders?
Paul said "Some of you say I belong to Apollo and others, I belong to Paul. Who then is Apollo and who is Paul?".... We are not to be classified by the church we attend or the sect we belong to. We are Christians, followers of Christ.
Also;
Assume we are on about a biblical discussion concerning tongues.
I will always state my points for or against according to the scriptures. That means, the scripture is supposed to be our supreme court.
However, I have come across many from your sect that will give me points principally based on the stance your white ruling bodies take. If asked to provide scriptures that rules them their opinion to be true, they say " It's not written (literally), therefore it means we should not do it".

It will be beautiful if you follow Christ and make the Scriptures the benchmark of your reference rather than wait for a governing body to make decisions over whether you should do something or not.
PS: I remember your ruling bodies predicting the world will end in 1914. The whole members swallowed it hook, line and sinker (No one was wise enough to reference the scripture and see the bodies were wrong)..
1914 came and passed. Humans were still bouncing and marrying. The JW sect were made a laughing stock.
I do not hate your JW nor am I totally against your beliefs. All I want is, Christ should be your example and the scripture should be your guide not some white ruling bodies.
Re: What Do I Gain By Going To Heaven by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Concerning the bolded, that was what I was talking about!
How come the whole gospel became diluted and usurped by Satan and his advocates. Except for one man who was in the light (your JW founder) and didn't give in to the pollution of Satan.
Hereafter, everyone became lost and the only saved people are those that subscribe to the doctrines and patterns of your JW org (since the only man with light was its founder).
Congratulation! JW just invented another Jesus.
To be honest with you, I was also a Muslim.
Now, I am saved. A believer in Christ. Nevertheless, I will never subscribe to any sect and say "I am a redeemer, anyone that is not a redeemer is not saved".
Or would I dare say " I am Jehovah's witness (a member of the JW sect) , If you are not with us, you are lost"..
Do you see how archaic and occultic your claim sounds to outsiders?
Paul said "Some of you say I belong to Apollo and others, I belong to Paul. Who then is Apollo and who is Paul?".... We are not to be classified by the church we attend or the sect we belong to. We are Christians, followers of Christ.
Also;
Assume we are on about a biblical discussion concerning tongues.
I will always state my points for or against according to the scriptures. That means, the scripture is supposed to be our supreme court.
However, I have come across many from your sect that will give me points principally based on the stance your white ruling bodies take. If asked to provide scriptures that rules them their opinion to be true, they say " It's not written (literally), therefore it means we should not do it".

It will be beautiful if you follow Christ and make the Scriptures the benchmark of your reference rather than wait for a governing body to make decisions over whether you should do something or not.
PS: I remember your ruling bodies predicting the world will end in 1914. The whole members swallowed it hook, line and sinker (No one was wise enough to reference the scripture and see the bodies were wrong)..
1914 came and passed. Humans were still bouncing and marrying. The JW sect were made a laughing stock.
I do not hate your JW nor am I totally against your beliefs. All I want is, Christ should be your example and the scripture should be your guide not some white ruling bodies.

It's like we will end up arguing and arguing on that, so let's keep it aside for now.

I'm really curious about why exactly you left Islam for Christendom Churches? smiley

Please let's discuss on this because it's like we had a common ground there! smiley
Re: What Do I Gain By Going To Heaven by MrPresident1: 2:25pm On Mar 08, 2020
Maximus69:

Why behaving like a kid? undecided

Simply refuting the concept with efficacy by quoting the scriptures to buttress your points will do, and everyone can learn from you.

It's toddlers that do scream LIAR! LIAR!! Without being able to refute what they termed as LIE, i've explained myself based on what i was taught from the Bible, so present what you've learnt from the Bible and allow the followers to compare.

That's what Jesus did, he didn't just keep saying LIAR! He refuted the lies by presenting the indisputable TRUTH!

God bless you! smiley

When they wake up from the dead, you will receive your reward from them. You can continue running around with your lies wink
Re: What Do I Gain By Going To Heaven by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2020
MrPresident1:

When they wake up from the dead, you will receive your reward from them. You can continue running around with your lies wink

It's OK, let's go our separate ways.

God bless you! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Type Of Drink Exactly Did Jesus Turn Water Into In John2 ? / Salvation, Or Just Blackmail? / Please Help ! Is This Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.