Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Why Did God Create Evil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Create Evil? (522 Views)

Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? / Bible Contradiction - Did God Create Man First Or Created Man And Woman Together / Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Create Evil? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2019
Why Did God Create Evil?

FAQ: Why did God create evil? If God planned everything, why did He plan for really bad things to happen?
The "Problem of Evil" is a philosophical stumbling block for many people. Since the empirical evidence for creation, and therefore a Creator, is stunning (see prior discussions), many atheists attack biblical creation on philosophical grounds. The primary questions atheists pose are: "If God is real, and God created everything, why did He create evil?" "Why did a personal, loving God create a world in which evil exists?" "Why did God give man freedom to commit evil acts?" Atheists reason, "Surely, an all-knowing God of love would not allow evil to exist in His world."
The response to the foregoing is summed up in God's nature and His desire for mankind. Look at the logic: How could God allow for love without the potential for evil? God could have created robots that do nothing more than forever say, "I love you, I love you, I love you." But such creatures would be incapable of a real love relationship. Love is a choice, and the Bible says God desires a real love relationship with His creation. Love is not real unless we have the ability to not love. One of God's attributes is omniscience. God knew that in a world with choice, there would be much evil -- to choose not to love is evil by definition. However, there would also be the capacity for real love. Philosopher Alvin Plantinga writes, "An all loving, all powerful, all knowing Being could permit as much evil as He pleased without forfeiting His claim to being all loving, so long as for every evil state of affairs He permits there is an accompanying greater good". The potential for love out weighs the existence of evil, especially if evil can only exist for a time. Evil is a side effect of love. Suffering and death are a side effect of evil (Romans 5:12). God says in His Bible that this side effect is only for a time. Evil serves the limited purpose of establishing real love relationships between creation and the Creator, and evil will be done away with after that purpose is achieved. "And the world passes away, and the lust thereof: but he that does the will of God abides forever" (I John 2:17).

WHAT DO YOU THINK? - We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him.
Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the
Bible . If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior , declaring, " Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
Yes, today I am deciding to follow Jesus
Yes, I am already a follower of Jesus
I still have questions

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Evil? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 09, 2019
solite3:
Why Did God Create Evil?

FAQ: Why did God create evil? If God planned everything, why did He plan for really bad things to happen?
The "Problem of Evil" is a philosophical stumbling block for many people. Since the empirical evidence for creation, and therefore a Creator, is stunning (see prior discussions), many atheists attack biblical creation on philosophical grounds. The primary questions atheists pose are: "If God is real, and God created everything, why did He create evil?" "Why did a personal, loving God create a world in which evil exists?" "Why did God give man freedom to commit evil acts?" Atheists reason, "Surely, an all-knowing God of love would not allow evil to exist in His world."
The response to the foregoing is summed up in God's nature and His desire for mankind. Look at the logic: How could God allow for love without the potential for evil? God could have created robots that do nothing more than forever say, "I love you, I love you, I love you." But such creatures would be incapable of a real love relationship. Love is a choice, and the Bible says God desires a real love relationship with His creation. Love is not real unless we have the ability to not love. One of God's attributes is omniscience. God knew that in a world with choice, there would be much evil -- to choose not to love is evil by definition. However, there would also be the capacity for real love. Philosopher Alvin Plantinga writes, "An all loving, all powerful, all knowing Being could permit as much evil as He pleased without forfeiting His claim to being all loving, so long as for every evil state of affairs He permits there is an accompanying greater good". The potential for love out weighs the existence of evil, especially if evil can only exist for a time. Evil is a side effect of love. Suffering and death are a side effect of evil (Romans 5:12). God says in His Bible that this side effect is only for a time. Evil serves the limited purpose of establishing real love relationships between creation and the Creator, and evil will be done away with after that purpose is achieved. "And the world passes away, and the lust thereof: but he that does the will of God abides forever" (I John 2:17).

WHAT DO YOU THINK? - We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him.
Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the
Bible . If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior , declaring, " Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
I still have questions

If a lack of evil = automatically forced to serve God, does that mean everyone in heaven will lose their free will?

God created Adam & Eve with free will built into them. To have free will is to think, to make decisions, to be an intelligent conscious being. If God hadn't placed the Tree of Knowledge in the garden, that would not have suddenly taken away Adam & Eve's free will.

I feel that free will is not a good argument for God allowing the existence of such rampant evil among all his creation. The Bible clearly states that God's plan is to defeat evil once and for all...so it's not about free will. The question is, what is God waiting for?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create Evil? by Rossikki: 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2019
One thing we must remember in this discussion is that human beings are Spiritual Beings living a temporary 'physical' existence as earth humans.

Our physical world is not the 'real world'. The Real World is the spirit world, which some call heaven. There, there are TRILLIONS of spirit beings. We on earth are just a tiny few who decided to live as humans for one reason or the other, mostly either to learn or to teach something beneficial to the evolution of the soul.

Earth is like a brief virtual reality program from the spirit world perspective. In fact it is said that spirits, when they 'die' as humans, 'wake up' into the spirit world and their earth lives feel like a short dream they had. When we 'die' we simply return home to the spirit world from where we came. Our real home.

When we look at 'evil on earth' from that perspective, we can start to see how rather INCONSEQUENTIAL it all is to the Creator of All That Is.

From OUR perspective as humans on earth, 'evil' is a really terrible, horrible thing, and rightfully so.

But from the level of Ultimate Reality, from the level of Spirits, and the realms of heaven, 'evil' is a mere blip in an obscure computer simulation called 'Life on Earth'. Perhaps some weird extra feature included in the software to make the 'game' more ..meaningful to its spirit participants, on the basis that there was no point replicating the idyllic, Utopian conditions of heaven in the game. What then would be the point of it?
Re: Why Did God Create Evil? by Redoil: 9:04pm On Feb 09, 2019
I created evil and i created
Re: Why Did God Create Evil? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 09, 2019
MhizAngel99:

If a lack of evil = automatically forced to serve God, does that mean everyone in heaven will lose their free will?
there are two categories of beings those who submit to God and those who do not. Absence of one would be illogical and would not define a God who is love.

freewill means the right to choice. Everyone in heaven would have made the decision and be forever glad for that decision.

God created Adam & Eve with free will built into them. To have free will is to think, to make decisions, to be an intelligent conscious being. If God hadn't placed the Tree of Knowledge in the garden, that would not have suddenly taken away Adam & Eve's free will.
the tree of knowledge was for them to prove their loyalty to God.

I feel that free will is not a good argument for God allowing the existence of such rampant evil among all his creation. The Bible clearly states that God's plan is to defeat evil once and for all...so it's not about free will. The question is, what is God waiting for?
free will explains why there is evil? Evil came as a result of the creature rejecting the creator.
God plans to destroy evil once for all through judgment. Those who reject God will face the consequences of their rejection while those who submit to God would rejoice before him forever.

God is Love and all who found and receive him would be filled with unimaginable joy.

What is God waiting for?
God is gathering up his children.
Re: Why Did God Create Evil? by Atewo400(m): 11:07pm On Feb 09, 2019
in case u don't know the meaning of evil let me show u something
Aw will u feel if u were one of the tender children of the amalekites only to see ur parents killed mercilessly and a knive is inserted into you leading to anguish pon and death

would u ever want to believe that they were sent by an all loving God
or would u believe he has an atom of sympathy

is like u don't know ur God is Genocidal and anice racist for him to just create esua and hate him
guy place ur self in esua shoe and tell me God is all loving
then u will see Aw hypocritical u are
bobowaja
hopefullandlord
HappyPagan
hahn
xxsabrinaxx
fleximor
seun
vaxx

jesusjnr
capslocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create Evil? by bobowaja(m): 7:18am On Feb 10, 2019
Atewo400:
Aw will u feel if u were one of the tender children of the amalekites only to see ur parents killed mercilessly and a knive is inserted into you leading to anguish pon and death

is like u don't know ur God is Genocidal and anice racist for him to just create esua and hate him
bobowaja
hopefullandlord
HappyPagan
hahn
xxsabrinaxx
fleximor
seun
vaxx

jesusjnr
capslocked
You are correct my brother.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Evil? by sukerefakere(m): 7:51am On Feb 10, 2019
Atewo400:

bobowaja
hopefullandlord
HappyPagan
hahn
xxsabrinaxx
fleximor
seun
vaxx

jesusjnr
capslocked
You are getting there brother..one love

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Evil? by theoriginalgood: 3:02pm On Feb 10, 2019
solite3:
Why Did God Create Evil?

What is your response?
I still have questions

Let’s try to see things from a different perspective. If you believe in power and ability, what kind would be superior? Right or wrong, Good or evil? According to how things in existence work, it’s the good and right that’s superior. Therefore, if God is the ultimate number 1 (or zero), he has to be good and right only.

If God created something, it would be like him, it would have features like him. Only good. This means that there’s no way Good God created evil. Evil just kind of appeared as a stain on existence. It’s now God’s responsibility to get rid of evil and ensure that all in existence is only perfect and good. Since Good is stronger than evil, God will definitely win the battle against all that is evil and wrong. It hasn’t happened yet because it’s like cooking a meal, it’s only ready after sometime with the fire and not immediately.
Re: Why Did God Create Evil? by UceeGod: 7:30pm On Feb 10, 2019
The evil we see in our world is a result of man's fall. Man chose to rebel against his Creator from the beginning and it still continues and the outcome is what we ate seeing. But God in His mercy has made a Way out in Christ, those who continue to disobey Him will continue to see evil in everything but those who choose to obey Him will be peaceful even in the midst of the most dreaded evil.
Re: Why Did God Create Evil? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 12, 2019
"An all loving, all powerful, all knowing Being could permit as much evil as He pleased without forfeiting His claim to being all loving, so long as for every evil state of affairs He permits there is an accompanying greater good".
~Philosopher Alvin Plantinga
Re: Why Did God Create Evil? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 02, 2019
why does God allow evil?
evil is as a result of the creature rejecting God. God allows the creature to make decision Good or bad and then judgement follows..
for God to stop evil, the creature must be judged righteously and in truth, because of this judgment must come at the end of the creature's decision.

why did God create evil people if he knew they will reject him?

God is righteous and true and as a result he creates all (both those who will accept his love and those who will not) irrespective of the decision they would make ( that is why it is called free will).

(1) (Reply)

Almighty God Is At It Again! / The Hands Of The Carpenter / Breaking: See What COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Is Offering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.