Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? (8902 Views)

Why Did GOD Create Satan / Nigerian Man Rebukes Church Of Satan On Twitter. The Church Fires Back / Man Dedicates His Soul To Satan On Facebook, Vows To Initiate Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 8:12am On Jun 07, 2020
Did God create satan on purpose?

NB: I'm 100% Catholic, I'm not an Atheist.
This is something I often wonder about. Since God knows all, He must have known at the time of creating Satan that "this Guy is going to create a lot of problems for mankind" and yet he went ahead and created him. WHY?

5 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Kobojunkie: 8:15am On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:
Where do you get the idea that Satan creates all the problems though? What entries in the Bible do you get this claim from? undecided undecided undecided

Please show us

6 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 8:17am On Jun 07, 2020
Cc, Lalasticlala
Cc, Mynd44
Cc, OAM4J
Cc, Seun
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 8:20am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Where do you get the idea that Satan creates all the problems though? What entries in the Bible do you get this claim from? undecided undecided undecided

Please show us
Wise people speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something
If u don't have the experience you shut up, its not a must to comment

18 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by SouthNigerian: 8:20am On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:
WHY?

Only God knows WHY. cry
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Shelumiel: 8:23am On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:
The answer is freewill.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by LordIsaac(m): 8:27am On Jun 07, 2020
Well... I think it is all a function of freewill. Just as He placed man on earth knowing there's a Satan roaming. No one is truly free to express his will in the true sense of the word as there are many determinism factors. What do I know sef?
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Oluromantic: 8:47am On Jun 07, 2020
Well I know many people would want to bash me. Feel free. Aethist you're welcome. Different overknow denominations you're welcome. Personal bashers you're welcome to bash.

But my answer to this question is

"...God is unquestionable..." Simple!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 8:52am On Jun 07, 2020
LordIsaac:
Well... I think it is all a function of freewill. Just as He placed man on earth knowing there's a Satan roaming. No one is truly free to express his will in the true sense of the word as there are many determinism factors. What do I know sef?
Shelumiel:
The answer is freewill.
LordIsaac:
Does that mean that he is not loving?
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 8:55am On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:
Cc, Lalasticlala Cc, Mynd44 Cc, OAM4J Cc, Seun

1 Like

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by fergie001: 9:03am On Jun 07, 2020
Hmmmmmmm..........
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 9:15am On Jun 07, 2020
fergie001:
Hmmmmmmm..........

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 9:16am On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:
Cc, Lalasticlala Cc, Mynd44 Cc, OAM4J Cc, Seun
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 9:18am On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:

According to the Bible, God did not create Satan. Instead he created the person that BECAME Satan. The same way a woman does not give birth to a thief but the child later grows to become one.

Deuteronomy 32:3-5 tells us "Perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice; righteous and upright is he.”

This shows that Satan was perfect in the beginning just like other angels. At John 8:44 Jesus says Satan did not "stand fast in the truth" or "abode not in the truth" according to King James version. This means at one point Satan was in the truth. But that later changed? Why?

God did not create the angels and humans like robots. He gave us free will. By choosing to do something which was the opposite of God's will, that formerly perfect angel made himself Satan which means Resister.

Please read Genesis 3:1-5 and Revelation 12:9.

12 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 9:20am On Jun 07, 2020
PiccoloBrunelli:

According to the Bible, God did not create Satan. Instead he created the person that BECAME Satan. The same way a woman does not give birth to a thief but the child later grows to become one.

Deuteronomy 32:3-5 tells us "Perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice; righteous and upright is he.”

This shows that Satan was perfect in the beginning just like other angels. At John 8:44 Jesus says Satan did not "stand fast in the truth" or "abode not in the truth" according to King James version. This means at one point Satan was in the truth. But that later changed? Why?

God did not create the angels and humans like robots. He gave us free will. By choosing to do something which was the opposite of God's will, that formerly perfect angel made himself Satan which means Resister.

Please read Genesis 3:1-5 and Revelation 12:9.
But God is ominiscient?

5 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 9:35am On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:

But God is ominiscient?

Yes God is omniscient. He knows it all. However, if you had the best singing voice in the world, would you sing 24/7 just because you can? You will still decide when to sing and what to sing. God has impeccable self control. So he can decide not to know the outcome of a particular event. If he knew that the angel he made would become Satan and that he will deceive the first human couple and subject mankind to thousands of years of unspeakable suffering AND HE STILL WENT AHEAD TO MAKE THAT ANGEL, then that would be most unloving and wicked.

But the Bible tells us different. God is love.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Primesky(m): 10:25am On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:

God did not create Satan. He created an angel who is a free moral being with the ability to make decisions and choices. Angels are not robots,they can think and choose.

If you have a Child who becomes an armed robber or a prostitute of their own choice, will it be right if people say you made them when in fact you gave them the best in training?.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Daejoyoung: 10:27am On Jun 07, 2020
Shelumiel:
The answer is freewill.
Freewill makes no sense to me, if there is an all knowing God.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Daejoyoung: 10:30am On Jun 07, 2020
PiccoloBrunelli:

Yes God is omniscient. He knows it all. However, if you had the best singing voice in the world, would you sing 24/7 just because you can? You will still decide when to sing and what to sing. God has impeccable self control. So he can decide not to know the outcome of a particular event. If he knew that the angel he made would become Satan and that he will deceive the first human couple and subject mankind to thousands of years of unspeakable suffering AND HE STILL WENT AHEAD TO MAKE THAT ANGEL, then that would be most unloving and wicked.

So in other words, God chose not to know what satan would do in the future when he created satan. Does it mean he simply chose not to look into satan's future?

13 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 10:34am On Jun 07, 2020
Primesky:

God did not create Satan. He created an angel who is a free moral being with the ability to make decisions and choices. Angels are not robots,they can think and choose.

If you have a Child who becomes an armed robber or a prostitute of their own choice, will it be right if people say you made them when in fact you gave them the best in training?.
But God is ominiscient, why didn't He foresaw Satan's future?

8 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 10:35am On Jun 07, 2020
Daejoyoung:

So in other words, God chose not to know what satan would do in the future when he created satan. Does it mean he simply chose not to look into satan's future?
He is indirectly saying that 'God is careless'

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 10:39am On Jun 07, 2020
PiccoloBrunelli:

Yes God is omniscient. He knows it all. However, if you had the best singing voice in the world, would you sing 24/7 just because you can? You will still decide when to sing and what to sing. 1. God has impeccable self control. So he can decide not to know the outcome of a particular event. 2. If he knew that the angel he made would become Satan and that he will deceive the first human couple and subject mankind to thousands of years of unspeakable suffering AND HE STILL WENT AHEAD TO MAKE THAT ANGEL, then that would be most unloving and wicked.

1. Meaning that God is careless?
2. Meaning that God is not ominiscient?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by ghettokid1(m): 10:40am On Jun 07, 2020
Oluromantic:
Well I know many people would want to bash me. Feel free. Aethist you're welcome. Different overknow denominations you're welcome. Personal bashers you're welcome to bash.

OK
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Dantedasz(m): 10:42am On Jun 07, 2020
Oluromantic:

Christian speak for~I don't know the answer!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Dantedasz(m): 10:45am On Jun 07, 2020
PiccoloBrunelli:

This is hilarious!!! grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Dantedasz(m): 10:47am On Jun 07, 2020
[quote author=Primesky post=90400060]

If you have a Child who becomes an armed robber or a prostitute of their own choice, will it be right if people say you made them when in fact you gave them the best in training?.[/quote]

This is amusing!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Oluromantic: 10:51am On Jun 07, 2020
Dantedasz:

Christian speak for~I don't know the answer!
You're welcome
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Dantedasz(m): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2020
@ ghettokid1,
Wow! Thank you for this wonderful sunday church service. I am really having a good time on this your thread. Christian's are hilarious!
cheesy cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 07, 2020
ghettokid1:

Jiggaz.
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 07, 2020
Oluromantic:

Lol... grin
Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 07, 2020
Primesky:

Nope. Angels do not have free will. They are servants and are meant to only obey and operate only at God's command. That was why God sent Lucifer and other angels who rebelled by trying to have their own will out of his kingdom because they left their first estate which is obeying and doing only God's command and wanted to be doing what ever they wish. Its only human beings God gave free will to operate.

God created the angels for His use. He uses them as messengers for certain purposes he cannot use man cos he made man a little lower than angels so we don't don't possess the power and nature God gave the angels to operate with. But we have the will the angels do not have.

So Angels can only operate at Gods command, not of their own accord in other not to abuse the power they posses.

Look at another example of angels who left their firs estate and came down to mate with humans (operated of their own will) how it led to disaster. Their offspring were giants who were so powerful and began to eat human beings and destroy things. So God has a reason for not giving angels free will and power. He was careful to strike a balance there.

Also imagine if humans were given powers like the angels coupled with the free will, everyone will have been dead by now as people would want to destroy their fellow human beings at the slightest offence.

Shalom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? by StubbornGENIUS: 11:24am On Jun 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Jiggaz.
Do you still teach? Did you worship God today?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

What The Bible Teaches About Money / Christ Embasssy Celebrity Story Of The Week - Rev Ray Okocha‏ The Truth Is Out / 3 Ways To Effectively Bear The Mark Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.