Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,966 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi (6775 Views)

Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy / The Core Essence Of A Christian Lies On 5 Kinds Of ‘F’- Rev’d Tony Akinyemi / This Will End Fulani Killings. This Thread Is For Sons Of God Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by Zodiac61(m): 10:10am On Feb 10, 2019
So, why is god's will not done?
Why aren't all christians healthy and why do even pastors and so-called men of god die of illnesses and diseases?
Why aren't all christians successful?
Why can't an all-powerful god make his will happen?
Afterall, according to Rev Akinyemi's mythology, he just willed the universe into existence.
It is easy for people like him to sprout meaningless nonsense, afterall he is successful on the back of his flock.
And if it does not happen for you, all it means is that your faith is not strong enough.
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by abbeyty(m): 10:10am On Feb 10, 2019
If that is the case Nigeria should be most successful country in the world cuz there is no other country serves the Lord like we do here in Nigeria,you may call it fake oo what about others country that don't give a fk about God but are far ahead of us in those three points mentioned? (holy,healthy and highly successful )
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by DavidEsq(m): 10:11am On Feb 10, 2019
An2elect2:
Actually, the christian life is Christ living His life in you through faith. No extra effort needed from you. Imagine Christ living through you, everything you do would be right, except you can't imagine Him having such power over you grin
I appreciate. But I wld appreciate it more if u cited as scripture. Don't u think?
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:18am On Feb 10, 2019
Seek first the Kingdom of God and every other things will be added to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by Bighead9: 10:19am On Feb 10, 2019
Trash.
This man wants to drag those Christians who think that going to a particular Church makes one successful, to his Church. But the truth is, you don't have to go to any Church to be successful.

1 Like

Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by An2elect2(f): 10:38am On Feb 10, 2019
DavidEsq:

I appreciate. But I wld appreciate it more if u cited as scripture. Don't u think?
These are passages that actually highlight what i've said.
Because the God who said, Out of darkness light shall shine, is the One who shined in our hearts to illuminate the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency of the power may be of God and not out of us. 2 Corinthians 4:6-7

I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me.
Galatians 2:20

That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith. Ephesians 3:17

Christ in you, the hope of glory. Colossians 1:27
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by GIFTD: 10:56am On Feb 10, 2019
Calm down u're missing the point. The message is about God's plan for His Children which is good and not bad but we're going to work it out by first seeking to know how? For God said my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Even those events u consider bad to God it's good that will be used to bring us to the expected end. Thanks
ElsonMorali:
"Highly successful people"

Exactly how financially successful were the apostles who were closest to Jesus?

This is exactly the problem with pseudo-christianity and this is why there is a growing number of "atheists" amongst the younger generation these days.

You'll see them all over this forum cursing their imaginary knowledge of god.

When Christians start thinking of God as a miracle worker who is at their beck and call, why won't they lose their faith when they pray and they are still poor and wretched.
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by ElsonMorali: 11:08am On Feb 10, 2019
GIFTD:
Calm down u're missing the point. The message is about God's plan for His Children which is good and not bad but we're going to work it out by first seeking to know how? For God said my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Even those events u consider bad to God it's good that will be used to bring us to the expected end. Thanks

No need to calm me down, I'm not agitated. Lol. smiley
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by DavidEsq(m): 11:34am On Feb 10, 2019
An2elect2:
These are passages that actually highlight what i've said.
Because the God who said, Out of darkness light shall shine, is the One who shined in our hearts to illuminate the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency of the power may be of God and not out of us. 2 Corinthians 4:6-7

I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me.
Galatians 2:20

That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith. Ephesians 3:17

Christ in you, the hope of glory. Colossians 1:27
If the above named scriptures would mean that we don't need to put any personal effort in being clean/holy, why does Colossians 3:5 say dis:
"Deaden, therefore, your body members that are on the earth as respects sexual immorality, uncleanness, uncontrolled sexual passion, hurtful desire, and greediness, which is idolatry".
2 Timothy 2:22: "So flee from youthful desires, but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a clean heart".
So let's look at this question: do d words "deaden" and "flee" indicate actions to the taken by us? My answer is yes. Is ur answer no?
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by An2elect2(f): 12:02pm On Feb 10, 2019
DavidEsq:

If the above named scriptures would mean that we don't need to put any personal effort in being clean/holy, why does Colossians 3:5 say dis:
"Deaden, therefore, your body members that are on the earth as respects sexual immorality, uncleanness, uncontrolled sexual passion, hurtful desire, and greediness, which is idolatry".
2 Timothy 2:22: "So flee from youthful desires, but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a clean heart".
So let's look at this question: do d words "deaden" and "flee" indicate actions to the taken by us? My answer is yes. Is ur answer no?
You see in Christianity, there is something called a believer's responsibility and accountability. Even though we are instructed to do good works or perform acts of kindness, the ability to do them is not of us but of Him that is dwelling in us. For example Philippians 2,12 will tell us to work out(not work for) our salvation with fear and trembling but that's not all, we are immediately reminded in the next verse who would prompt or cause us to do these things. ...for it is God that works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure Not only does God cause us to desire to live uprightly, He also leads us to live uprightly. There is so much power in the gospel. It is so transforming that it brings dead people who don't know anything, where they are, what surrounds them etc to life. Ephesians 2;1-10. I like how vs 10 emphasised why we are saved in the first place. Apart from the fact that everyone's salvation is preplanned, God already built a framework that we Christians would walk in. We are like His masterpiece, Him moulding, shaping us for His glory. We can't come out any other way. God had this already.
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by DavidEsq(m): 12:06pm On Feb 10, 2019
An2elect2:
You see in Christianity, there is something called a believer's responsibility and accountability. Even though we are instructed to do good works or perform acts of kindness, the ability to do them is not of us but of Him that is dwelling in us. For example Philippians 2,12 will tell us to work out(not work for) our salvation with fear and trembling but that's not all, we are immediately reminded in the next verse who would prompt or cause us to do these things. ...for it is God that works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure Not only does God cause us to desire to live uprightly, He also leads us to live uprightly. There is so much power in the gospel. It is so transforming that it brings dead people who don't know anything, where they are, what surrounds them etc to life. Ephesians 2;1-10. I like how vs 10 emphasised why we are saved in the first place. Apart from the fact that everyone's salvation is preplanned, God already built a framework that we Christians would walk in. We are like His masterpiece, Him moulding, shaping us for His glory. We can't come out any other way. God had this already.
U didn't seem to answer my question, sir. It I a simple question. Or is it not simple to u? Could u kindly go back to my mention, so we can get that question answered?
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by An2elect2(f): 12:11pm On Feb 10, 2019
DavidEsq:

U didn't seem to answer my question, sir. It I a simple question. Or is it not simple to u? Could u kindly go back to my mention, so we can get that question answered?
I answered you. Yes, the answer is yes but the desire and will power are not ours. You can't do something you have no desire or power or opportunity to do. It brings us back to grace, to Christ
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by millionboi2: 12:14pm On Feb 10, 2019
Caseless:
This how they mislead people into thinking life is bed of roses.

When children of daddy GOs can't find all of this in their lives, they begin to consider the suicide options.

Christians are taught to praise God when it's right, and blame Satan when it's wrong .

God must surely test your faith and that must not be mistaken for failure in life.
God bless u
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by millionboi2: 12:15pm On Feb 10, 2019
Caseless:
This how they mislead people into thinking life is bed of roses.

When children of daddy GOs can't find all of this in their lives, they begin to consider the suicide options.

Christians are taught to praise God when it's right, and blame Satan when it's wrong .

God must surely test your faith and that must not be mistaken for failure in life.
God bless u.

1 Like

Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 10, 2019
ElsonMorali:
"Highly successful people"

Exactly how financially successful were the apostles who were closest to Jesus?

This is exactly the problem with pseudo-christianity and this is why there is a growing number of "atheists" amongst the younger generation these days.

You'll see them all over this forum cursing their imaginary knowledge of god.

When Christians start thinking of God as a miracle worker who is at their beck and call, why won't they lose their faith when they pray and they are still poor and wretched.
There is no link between holiness and prosperity. Thou God blesses some people to test them just as it is written in the Bible if you have not been faithful with unrighteous mammon who shall commit unto you the true riches but it is rare and it is not because of holiness or whatever just grace alone.
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by DavidEsq(m): 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2019
An2elect2:
I answered you. Yes, the answer is yes but the desire and will power are not ours. You can't do something you have no desire or power or opportunity to do. It brings us back to grace, to Christ
Since your answer is yes, do u think we should be encouraged to understand that this effort is wat indicates our readiness to obey God and to cultivate the mindset of Jesus Christ, which is to do God's will at all times as we see in Philippians 2:12 which says: "Consequently, my beloved ones, just as you have always obeyed, not only during my presence but now much more readily during my absence, keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling"
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by An2elect2(f): 12:33pm On Feb 10, 2019
DavidEsq:

Since your answer is yes, do u think we should be encouraged to understand that this effort is wat indicates our readiness to obey God and to cultivate the mindset of Jesus Christ, which is to do God's will at all times as we see in Philippians 2:12 which says: "Consequently, my beloved ones, just as you have always obeyed, not only during my presence but now much more readily during my absence, keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling"
Yes, it shows our willingness to obey God, it shows that Christ lives in us. If someone asks a genuine believer to do right, it would not be out of his character. Where he disobeys continuously, it would not be ruthless to question his salvation.
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by An2elect2(f): 12:35pm On Feb 10, 2019
DavidEsq:

Keep working out,keep expressing what is being wrought in you, keep bearing fruits of your salvation, for God is the one that wills you to bear fruits and makes it possible
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by DavidEsq(m): 12:40pm On Feb 10, 2019
An2elect2:
Yes, it shows our willingness to obey God, it shows that Christ lives in us. If someone asks a genuine believer to do right, it would not be out of his character. Where he disobeys continuously, it would not be ruthless to question his salvation.
Could u explain with reliance on the scriptures? I mean the bolden o
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by ElsonMorali: 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2019
loveDcross:

There is no link between holiness and prosperity. Thou God blesses some people to test them just as it is written in the Bible if you have not been faithful with unrighteous mammon who shall commit unto you the true riches but it is rare and it is not because of holiness or whatever just grace alone.

Your state in life is a direct reflection of so many factors non of which has anything to do with God blessing an individual with material things.

There are wretched people who call themselves Christians and go to church daily. And there are people who don't even give a crap if there's a God somewhere, they just live ordinary normal lives and they are comfortable and them are people who commit every sin in the bible and doors keep opening for them wherever they go.

In the scheme of things our incarnation in the flesh is just a step in the process of our spiritual growth. How we handle our situations in life irrespective of material possession or academic achievements will determine if we have imbibed the lessons we are meant to learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by ElsonMorali: 12:46pm On Feb 10, 2019
loveDcross:

Double quote.
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by GIFTD: 12:49pm On Feb 10, 2019
Not really! Freedom of choice when not used with wisdom can spell doom for the man. That's why the scripture says that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.without freedom of choice man will be like a robot stereotyped and won't be able to create what he like in the will of God.
HopeAlive14:
God wants the best for man but our freedom of choice has been our undoing

1 Like

Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by An2elect2(f): 12:51pm On Feb 10, 2019
DavidEsq:

Could u explain with reliance on the scriptures? I mean the bolden o
I kindly decline sir. You have to tell me what all these questions are for because i've made my stance clear enough.
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by nwakaibeya1: 12:59pm On Feb 10, 2019
�Prophets and pastors have come to realize the fact that people especially Born agains love lies and false Prophesies and because Prophets and pastors are embodiment of falsehood from head to toe and after Prophesying to you no light, no peace and unbelievable power as Jesus Christ promised and gives and no matter how smart a Born Again may claim to be,it is embedded in the genome of very many born again Christian to love lies because they prefer to hear what they want to hear even if it is an obvious lie.

Simply put...JUST TELL A BORN AGAIN WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR AND YOU ARE ALMOST CERTAIN TO HAVE THEM CONVINCED WHERE AND HOW YOU WANT THEM REMOTELY CONTROLLED AND THATS WHY YOU SEE PROPHESIES AT A TIME LIKE THIS FROM PROPHETS AND PASTORS saying different Prophesies especially political prophesies and year of this and that AND obviously WITHOUT SOLUTIONS WHERE AS THE TRUE PROPHESIES OF GOD OF JUSTICE HAS SOLUTIONS ,WHEREBY JESUS CHRIST SAID WHAT EVER THE LIGHT HAS REVEALED HAS BEEN CONQUERED BY LIGHT AS JESUS CHRIST CONFIRMED .and you now ask does the prophets and pastors have the LIGHT of JESUS CHRIST to right a wrong genuinely?

Behold even as we have declared to the world that Kingdom of Jesus Christ has come back to revenge and judge human beings,no prophet or pastor can discredit or challenge this Heavenly unbelievable truth and revelation and we add and say you don't need fasting and night vigils or program upon program for us to take you to real Jesus Christ and give you light and peace and unbelievable power ,again who on earth can challenge this authority spiritually?
Human beings must be told the truth and as we say always this is accept or perish and power talks and not empty critics and in the realm of the spirit there is no distance so those who have eyes to see read us and understand who is talking powerfully about Jesus Christ Kingdom. Mathew 13.13-15 and you that is wise don't forget the consequences of vain challenge and the wisdom of the wise is look before you leap or eat, we have not come to pet you or cajole or convince you this is truth unbelievable and it's accept our truth or perish be you who ever on earth and beyond as heaven authorized . John 6,60-68
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by omojeesu(m): 1:12pm On Feb 10, 2019
God wants you to be holy - Yes

To be healthy - Yes

To be highly successful - Yes.

What God really wants is that each human be like Jesus in thought, attitude, word and character.
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by DavidEsq(m): 1:59pm On Feb 10, 2019
An2elect2:
I kindly decline sir. You have to tell me what all these questions are for because i've made my stance clear enough.
I had to go back to ur mention and I realised I made an error of not looking properly at ur comment which I emboldened. The words were: "it wld not be ruthless to question his salvation". These words are very correct. Sorry I misquoted u and ur declining to go further was justified in view of ur clear stand. Pls pardon my error.
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by An2elect2(f): 2:04pm On Feb 10, 2019
DavidEsq:

I had to go back to ur mention and I realised I made an error of not looking properly at ur comment which I emboldened. The words were: "it wld not be ruthless to question his salvation". These words are very correct. Sorry I misquoted u and ur declining to go further was justified in view of ur clear stand. Pls pardon my error.
There is no problem at all. The most important things have been posted. Thank you too, for your time.
Re: God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2019
HopeAlive14:
God wants the best for man but our freedom of choice has been our undoing
True, brethren, I think also the purpose of the gospel is liberty, the freedom to choose, rule and reign in this life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A State In Nigeria That Was Mentioned 30 Times In The Bible / The Attack On God's Words (KJV) / How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.