Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Why Do We Pray With Candle? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Pray With Candle? (24769 Views)

Why Do We Pray, Since God Already Knows Everything? / Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:27am On Feb 14, 2019
MiddleDimension:
awakening the THIRD EYE? is this Christian? @Ubenedictus @donnie @joagbaje

pls don't pass this by. I just want to know what you think about this.
third eye? my hand no dey that one.

Candles or lamps are symbols found all over the bible both old and new testament...it does not make prayer more effective, it is a symbol from the bible and used in all ancient christian church liturgy, do u remember d vision of John about 7 candle sticks....? it is used as a symbol of christ, light of the world.
you can browse abt it, i dont think i have d time to go into symbols i doubt u will even b open to appreciate
Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by sheltergreen: 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2019
TO LET instantly | Room Self Contain Apartment | (N180k / Year)
@Ilasamaja-Isolo, Lagos, Off Oshodi Apapa Exp.
Contact for Enquiries: 08028898161
sheltergreenprop@gmail.com
Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by sheltergreen: 12:13pm On Feb 14, 2019
[b]
[/b]
Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by sheltergreen: 12:15pm On Feb 14, 2019
Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2019
Which of the apostles told you this or where did you get this from?

dejol88:
The candle symbolizes light in the darkness of life especially individual life, illlumination; it is the symbol of holy illumination of the spirit of truth. Lit in times of death, they signify the light in the next world, and they represent Christ as the light.
Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2019
Even Jesus that prayed in the night hours was not recorded to have used kindle to even give him illumination let alone represent anything... This father , you don come again with your whining things .... Na so you carry the buy back of sons in the old testament take defend why Catholic church dey do Bazaar

Ubenedictus:
third eye? my hand no dey that one.

Candles or lamps are symbols found all over the bible both old and new testament...it does not make prayer more effective, it is a symbol from the bible and used in all ancient christian church liturgy, do u remember d vision of John about 7 candle sticks....? it is used as a symbol of christ, light of the world.
you can browse abt it, i dont think i have d time to go into symbols i doubt u will even b open to appreciate
Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:22am On Feb 17, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
Even Jesus that prayed in the night hours was not recorded to have used kindle to even give him illumination let alone represent anything... This father , you don come again with your whining things .... Na so you carry the buy back of sons in the old testament take defend why Catholic church dey do Bazaar

Ignorance is ur problem, did u forget the candle sticks in revelation? is that old testament too?

if buying back is allowed why are u crying when catholics do it?
Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:31am On Feb 17, 2019
You go to revealtion to justify the unjustifiable.

What is expressly stated in the Bible is that your body is the temple of the Lord and therefore the candle can't be outisede the temple hence Jesus told you that you are the light of the world. Why are you then twisting the candle in Revelation to justify your practice? It is man's contraption .. with no scriptural backing

Buy back: you are still using the Bible to justify another man made idea for financing activities... The buy back of the old testament wasn't a Bazaar or auction. It had a fixed exchange terms .. it was for human being that God had claimed as his offering ..... It is not material items sold above market values in a I get money pass you display

Many things you have tried defending here Without biblical backing :

Praying to Mary
Praying to your saints
Images
And that lady from Enugu that was bleeding last time

Use your position to promote Christianity and not religion .., be open to accept man made doctrine for what it is and scripture for what it is , the word of God

Ubenedictus:
Ignorance is ur problem, did u forget the candle sticks in revelation? is that old testament too?

if buying back is allowed why are u crying when catholics do it?
Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by MiddleDimension: 8:31am On Feb 18, 2019
Joagbaje:

It's a principle of seeing into the supernatural. Different groups have different names for it.

It's a Christian principle to see into the spirit realm. It's just like the Internet. Different network can access it.

Some see Into the realm of the spirit by Gods power while some other by demonic power

who are those who ''see'' into it by demonic power? and like i have been told, you only need to take a comfortable position and become really calm and quiet and then you'll go... now what's demonic about this. it sounds more like a natural process. ''Be still and know...'' (i think you can figure out where that is from)

@ubenedictus do you agree with joagbaje's submission?
Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:31pm On Feb 18, 2019
MiddleDimension:

who are those who ''see'' into it by demonic power? and like i have been told, you only need to take a comfortable position and become really calm and quiet and then you'll go... now what's demonic about this. it sounds more like a natural process. ''Be still and know...'' (i think you can figure out where that is from)

I already disagreed with the third eye idea, i know meditation and contemplation, these involve silience and stillness and form part of christian mysticism, i have no idea of a third eye
Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by Joagbaje(m): 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2019
MiddleDimension:

Everything is subject to christ . There is no neutral or natural spirit. It's either light or darkness. Anyone o e who demonstrate or manifest power without christ is operating with evil spirit of divination.

Act 16:16 — Act 16:18
And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour
Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by MiddleDimension: 9:44pm On Feb 18, 2019
Joagbaje:

Everything is subject to christ . There is no neutral or natural spirit. It's either light or darkness. Anyone o e who demonstrate or manifest power without christ is operating with evil spirit of divination.

Act 16:16 — Act 16:18
And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour

and this is where You Christians put yourselves in trouble and confusion! ''anything not Christian is evil...''! no wonder you burned people at the stake.
Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by Joagbaje(m): 3:17pm On Feb 19, 2019
MiddleDimension:

and this is where You Christians put yourselves in trouble and confusion! ''anything not Christian is evil...''! no wonder you burned people at the stake.

Did you read the scripture I quoted ?
Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:23am On Jul 25, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
You go to revealtion to justify the unjustifiable.

What is expressly stated in the Bible is that your body is the temple of the Lord and therefore the candle can't be outisede the temple hence Jesus told you that you are the light of the world. Why are you then twisting the candle in Revelation to justify your practice? It is man's contraption .. with no scriptural backing

Buy back: you are still using the Bible to justify another man made idea for financing activities... The buy back of the old testament wasn't a Bazaar or auction. It had a fixed exchange terms .. it was for human being that God had claimed as his offering ..... It is not material items sold above market values in a I get money pass you display

Many things you have tried defending here Without biblical backing :

Praying to Mary
Praying to your saints
Images
And that lady from Enugu that was bleeding last time

Use your position to promote Christianity and not religion .., be open to accept man made doctrine for what it is and scripture for what it is , the word of God

your problem is ignorance.

In revelation where God himself is the very light of the city we still have the symbolism of candles. But you are here crying that you can't have candles because you have Christ. Is God's presence in your body greater or more awesome than his presence in his sanctuary in heaven?

You just want to criticize for criticism sake.
You may sell your offering and present the money in scriptures but you are angry that some offering were sold and the proceed given to the church.

We're you cursed with the spirit of criticism?

Praying to the Saints and images have been well discussed here, you can search it out.

As to the bleeding woman, I have no explanation to give you for another person's spiritual experience, what I take exception to is your willingness to call her demon possessed which only shows the symptoms of modern Protestantism obsession with the devil and demons.

I don't go about ascribing things to the devil simply because I don't understand them, that is the wahala protestants are guilty of, a cat cries at night and they go berserk.
Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by davidlight: 11:45am On Jun 09, 2021
You can purchase these candles in many different places, both near you and on the Internet. As mentioned above, many people are purchasing these candles these days to give as gifts. This xtclocal is great source to know more about woodwick candles.
Re: Why Do We Pray With Candle? by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2021
Nairasurplus:
Sometimes, I imagine the significance of praying with candle. Will it make ones prayer to be answered quickly? Does it direct our prayers to God? I would like to know more.
Your praying with candles is a form of Idolatry and hence a sin against God. Such acts instead act to nullify the Truth and power of God in your life rather than help cause God to answer your prayers. Where God's Truth is neutralized, other powers can exist and may instead come to your side, along with the cost associated with such aide. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sharon Oyakhilome And Natasha Hinn Start Perspective 008 TV Show (Video) / Minority Party Will Be Lifted Up In Nigeria – TB Joshua / Christian Dressing: Five Reasons Why You Need To Dress Well Always

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.