Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) (62757 Views)

Good Beach: The Newest Beach In Lagos (Stunning Pictures) / Dinka, South Sudan: The Tallest People In Africa (Photos) / Ibeno Beach: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by Charmingrascal(m): 6:57am On Feb 11, 2019
[quote author=Holamidhe post=75584763]The Ibeno Beach is one of the beaches on the Atlantic Ocean along the shorelines of Ibeno. It is the longest sand beach in West Africa.

The beach is located in Ibeno, a local government area of Akwa Ibom State southeastern, Nigeria. The title, "Ibeno beach" was coined from its location, "Ibeno".[2] The beach is one of the tourist attractions in Nigeria. On June 2010, there was a report of oil spill on the beach. (Wikipedia)

Entrance

Entrance

First impression

P S . Picture quality reduced

Akwa Ibom is South South not South East
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by JaceBlaze: 6:58am On Feb 11, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Indeed. Very funny. Are the beaches manmade? undecided
Just imagine angry

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by fashrola(m): 7:04am On Feb 11, 2019
davodyguy:

Becareful, one guy with handle fashrola would come tell you it's an insult to say this

You are such a Stoopid low life being..... Do have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by sonnie10: 7:07am On Feb 11, 2019
Nice beach. Went there in 1990 and Mobil provided a ship for us to go into the Atlantic Ocean.
If you no get liver, don’t try the Ocean. Everywhere was water, no land, sky or any living creature in sight. The waves would go as high as a skyscraper and roll back with thunderous splash.
Nature is wonderful. This is about 29years after, still fresh in my mind.
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by Reference(m): 7:22am On Feb 11, 2019
Hope it is better than all those so called Lagos beaches I visited during the yuletide. Disgusting, dirty and full of noisy folks. Will visit Akwa Ibom's beaches when next I have the privilege of a holiday. And will make all efforts to own a private beach some day to show what a proper beach should be.
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by MrBONE2(m): 7:30am On Feb 11, 2019
GBOKASINCHA:
Why everything about africa is bad angry even our beach no fit blue like miami own

grin
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by Reference(m): 7:34am On Feb 11, 2019
[quote author=Charmingrascal post=75613459][/quote]

Pls, pls just detach the word 'attraction' from 'tourism'. Very, very few of our tourism locations can remotely be described as attractive. From the pictures I can see there is nothing attractive there. Whoever runs that beach should invest properly in beach infrastructure and beach management to attract real tourists.

The norm in Nigeria is to have such locations visitor driven in concept, operations and management. That is absolutely wrong. Where in the world do you have a visitor driven experience in the tourism industry. People go out to experience things not to take their experiences to impose in places. How can you have a so called tourism location without rules, regulations, standards and creeds where it is a free for all, to do all... such as you have on Lagos beaches. You might as well carry Balogun market or the Afrika shrine there.

The knowledge and operations of tourism is very shallow in Nigeria.
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by stanbillion200(m): 7:36am On Feb 11, 2019
Holamidhe:
How it all started - We decided to visit the beach when friends told us the journey won't take us two hours from Ibesikpo Asutan.

Did we have fun? Hell ya.

The first impression wasn't good because we got there early (around 10am). I noticed increase in crowd around 4pm

See my guys o.
You truly enjoyed yourselves.
Una for invite me na.
Anyways whenever I storm Nung doe we will talk about that one
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by Reference(m): 7:43am On Feb 11, 2019
maybachmusic:
This is one area my state akwa ibom has failed big time

Its all oil money

When we should have seaside resorts with endless pools dotting these beaches with people from all over the country coming in for weekends

.but whatbdo we have now , dirty haggard fish joints

So annoying. That is why I must have my own private beach within the next decade to show what a beach should be.
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by vioment: 7:59am On Feb 11, 2019
This dirty place and dirty water no follow for fine beaches. I wish i could say otherwise.
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by MztaIkp(m): 8:18am On Feb 11, 2019
Holamidhe:

Lack of proper planning.. We will do better next time.

Ibeno, Eket, not far from ExonMobil.

Make Ibeno person no catch you catch you describing his Local Government Area as 'Ibeno, Eket'
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by Holamidhe(m): 8:28am On Feb 11, 2019
lonelydora:

Ibeno is not Eket. Many mistake this. Ibeno is where ExxonMobil QIT is located but many Exxon workers reside in Eket, hence the mistake.

Thanks
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by Holamidhe(m): 8:29am On Feb 11, 2019
MztaIkp:

Make Ibeno person no catch you catch you describing his Local Government Area as 'Ibeno, Eket'

Lol.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by Holamidhe(m): 8:33am On Feb 11, 2019
stanbillion200:
See my guys o.
Una for invite me na.

Stan the man. Long weekend INEC training scatter our plan. We will holla you next time
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by Holamidhe(m): 8:34am On Feb 11, 2019
stanbillion200:
See my guys o.
Una for invite me na.

Stan the man. Long weekend INEC training scatter our plan. We will holla you next time
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by zionic(m): 8:35am On Feb 11, 2019
when will our girls wear swim suit to beach?
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by BalogunIdowu(m): 8:56am On Feb 11, 2019
How do I know this is the longest without Ariel view photography,
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by Holamidhe(m): 9:18am On Feb 11, 2019
BalogunIdowu:
How do I know this is the longest without Ariel view photography,

Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by Toseenlove: 9:26am On Feb 11, 2019
davodyguy:
What's it's length in metres or feet? That's the only way to know it's actually the longest

No be only blue, na red you go see
There's a beach in Sydney in a place called Bondi junction, this exactly how it looks.

There's another beach in Dubai, very close to the popular 7 star hotel, Burj Al Arab, this is how it looks.

Finally, there's another beach in Tokyo in a place called odaiba, this is how it looks too.

I really don't get your point

Sharaap there, I know the beaches u mentioned can't be this dirty smhhh.
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by blingxx(m): 9:34am On Feb 11, 2019
GBOKASINCHA:
Why everything about africa is bad angry even our beach no fit blue like miami own

The Atlantic ocean is not blue angry.. Africa has nothing to do with it
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by blingxx(m): 9:34am On Feb 11, 2019
GBOKASINCHA:

The Atlantic ocean is not blue angry.. Africa has nothing to do with it
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by j1mmy: 9:37am On Feb 11, 2019
beach or gutter?
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by Akabuking: 10:13am On Feb 11, 2019
EmekaBlue:
nigerian beaches isnt nice at all....d ladies especially dress like grannies

u cant see a single confident lady on bikini like europe.

NEXT news plz
do you want them to show you their black burnt ass?

Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by stanbillion200(m): 10:37am On Feb 11, 2019
Holamidhe:

No qualm.
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by GODWINLOWSKI: 10:37am On Feb 11, 2019
That's why I love to visit oyibo beach
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by GODWINLOWSKI: 10:42am On Feb 11, 2019
[color=#990000][/color] This thing na beach

Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by cc150615(f): 11:38am On Feb 11, 2019
Op, do you have facts that it's the longest, have you been to Togo
Re: Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 11:43am On Feb 11, 2019
Akabuking:
do you want them to show you their black burnt ass?
grin u r wicked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South African Man Who Smoked Malawian Indian Hemp Unclad At The Airport / This Is How Molues Now Look Like (PHOTOS) / Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.