Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? (77177 Views)

Arewa Denunciation Of Buhari Yesterday Ended Regional Solidarity - Shehu Sani / When Tinubu And Amaechi Met Buhari Yesterday (pictures) / Caption This Picture Of Buhari Yesterday Night. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by sleekdre: 12:10pm On Feb 10, 2019
firstolalekan:
grin
Thank God the poster explained well with picture proofs.

But still, watch how OSU ÀLUSI IPOB PIG FLADHEADṣ and illiterate
FRUSTRATED CHILDREN OF HATE MASTURBATÈ AND DROLL SPITS FROM THE FILTHY HOLE ON THIS THREAD.
Guy, please delete this pix u posted there. Respect people's religion. I bet u won't do that with a Muslim pix.
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by omerukokwuru(m): 12:12pm On Feb 10, 2019
sokera:
Wow Igbos truly hate Yorubas , my advise to them is that they should learn politics Games and do their calculations very well before hating ... their problems is caused by them not anyone ... they hate to see Yoruba develops , they hate the fact that they have to come down to south/west before they can be successful... is that Yoruba problem ? If you guys continue this way , your children and children unborn will keep believing that without hustling in south/west they will never progress... change your ways , learn the good things about Yorubas and implement it in your regions and stop hating for no reasons ... you people decided to support PDP and the other tribes also decide to support another party is that a crime ? Anyway Vote don’t fight
bro stop acting naive we all know too well that the love is mutual and don't carry a mindset that igbos encroached on lagos igbos are not herdsmen they are peaceful, industrious and very hardworking, most times the misdemeanor of a few unruly igbos are exaggerated and generalised, i think a generation should emerge were tribes will no longer disdain their neighbours cuz of tribal differences and am confident that when that generation emerges Nigeria will reach the heights of china and all these countries that tranformed in our days

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 10, 2019
nything you can help me with am a unilorin student exams starts 2mao I have no funds. No foodstuff please am not crying wolf I really need any body help 0072808222
Diamond Bank

Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 10, 2019
ollah2:

You have problems with comprehension and surely you are brain dead. I said "IF"

The 'If' shouldn't have arisen if you'd read and understood the post or even took out time to study the pictures. Lazy Nairalander tongue

wink
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Actuarydeji(m): 12:13pm On Feb 10, 2019
naptu2:
Monarchs in Nigeria usually have more than one throne in their throne room. In fact, most monarchs have 3 thrones in their throne room.

If another monarch visits the palace, for example, if the Emir of Kano visits the Oba of Lagos, then the Emir will sit on one of the other thrones.

There are usually 3 thrones because, according to protocol, when the president visits a state, he usually visits the most prominent traditional ruler in that state and the governor, as his host, usually accompanies him on that visit. So that traditional ruler would usually sit on the biggest throne (in the middle), the president would sit on his right and the governor on his left.

Yoruba as a tribe is the worse among the other tribes in Nigeria, no Hausa man will insult his fellow from the same tribe in public, but in Yoruba land reverse is the case. Imagine Tinubu and Obasanjo trading obnoxious words publicly. This good for nothing King, just downgrade his fellow tribal guy, no Northerner king, I repeat no Northern king will stand up completely and vacant his seat for anothrr king to seat let alone a subject.
However, in recent months there have been some crazy threads on Twitter and Nairaland in which some people have alleged that the monarch "left his throne" for another person and that the monarch has therefore "desecrated Yoruba culture". So, for example, when Pastor Adeboye visited the Ooni of Ife, some people posted a close up picture of Adeboye sitting on a throne and claimed that the Ooni "left his throne for Adeboye".

Similarly, this morning someone posted a close up picture of Buhari sitting on a throne at Iga Idungaran and claimed that the Oba of Lagos "left his throne for Buhari".

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724724_dzcfeimxcaawokj_jpeg_jpeg8d8c1de6f297050b924a9cca731c7259

Look at the pictures below and you be the judge.

Pic 1 & 2) Buhari, Osinbajo and the Oba of Lagos at Iga Idungaran yesterday.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724285_dzb9hwxqaawquj_jpeg_jpege08f60e9aa3c37ebb04f00921e894951

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724286_oba_jpegcec5177cd2599e2bd35ead0e70227495

Pic 3) Buhari at Iga Idungaran in 2015.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724287_oba3_jpeg2689c30212a64ffab6862d2ddd4b45db

Pic 4) The Emir of Kano at Iga Idungaran.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724288_oba2_jpegc0ed0c4a463f66e0df2611c1153ba81d

They posted the first picture as proof that the Ooni left his throne for Adeboye to sit on.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724379_ooni_jpeg546cca09cfa00ec12c1331bbff32103c

However (as you can see from the 2nd picture), the Ooni's throne is actually a couch and that's the throne that he sits on when he has guests.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724380_ooni2_jpege81d7475b9fb7036218054e2bbdc24bc

This is even clearer in the 3rd picture. You can see the leopard skin rug in front of the throne.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724381_ooni3_jpeg44b02fb1bae3c207e051e53d3be18634
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by RoyalUc(m): 12:14pm On Feb 10, 2019
ollah2:

You won't have mentioned me if you had read my comment properly because you would have known I didn't read the op before writing the comment

Alright, sorry about that grin grin grin

Next time, try and read any post/comment properly so you can make an objective contribution.

Things like this matter, not necessarily for NL, but for our personal information.

Once again, I am sorry
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Olajah81: 12:15pm On Feb 10, 2019
jchioma:
grin

What do you expect of an Agberoish Oba?

Go jump into Lagoon
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 10, 2019
ollah2:

You are braindead to be unable to decipher that I didn't read what the op wrote hence my comment

You are still showing your foolishness.

Why comment when you didn't first read?

Are topics all there is to an article?

The OP even asked a question in the topic which shows he wishes to give an elaborate answer to that question in the OP.

Yet you couldn't read before commenting.

Abeg shift
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by DiscodeeFUTA(m): 12:16pm On Feb 10, 2019
ClearFlair:
PDP are naturally desperate and deceitful. Most of their politicians and supporters don’t know how to make money like normal human beings. They have grown accustomed to receiving looted money from Nigeria’s treasury without offering any tangible services. Buhari not only removed them from government, he also blocked their avenues of stealing and that’s why they hate him so much. Many of these people call themselves businessmen and complain about the economy, yet their so-called businesses have no structure of any kind. They just wait for a greedy politician to give them fraudulent
contracts. Buhari has blocked those loopholes and they will remain blocked. This week we will send their criminal leaders into political retirement. PMB till 2023.

Think before you Type broda, shey na lik dis u go Dey Dey? �‍♂️ Better Atikulate before the trumpet of rapture sound for Daura to carry Buhari and Buharist back to Daura to be with his gay cows. ATIKULATE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE BRODA. #atikulated.
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Alcacer47: 12:16pm On Feb 10, 2019
I can see why pigs are offended hence the negative comments...the one the oba gave the clueless one was smaller...Oba: Jonathan, Why u dey frown face like who dem mess give for mouth na?
Jonathan: u sef no see say bubu seat big pass my own

Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by 1759King: 12:17pm On Feb 10, 2019
BafanaBafana:

Oh boy. Now I'm really weeping. Someone like you shouldn't be allowed to raise children. Products of bad parenting are always terrible parents. Please, I carry God beg you, take those innocent kids to a foster home or something.
That you are a bastard doesn't mean every child is. Again; you, your run-away father, his entire household will never amount to anything. You can't walk the path my children threads on. It is your poor mother I pity.
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by lakesider(m): 12:18pm On Feb 10, 2019
Rubbish things in the hear of some Nigerians
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by lakesider(m): 12:19pm On Feb 10, 2019
Alcacer47:
I can see why pigs are offended hence the negative comments...the one the oba gave the clueless one was smaller...Oba: Jonathan, Why u dey frown face like who dem mess give for mouth na?

So you had to to Photoshop pix.. What exactly will you gain
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by jrusky(m): 12:19pm On Feb 10, 2019
islandmoon:
Tinubu lineage is related to the Emir alimi who killed the Oba Afonja of Ilorin , just watch, history will repeat itself in Lagos.

Which Tinubu? How many time will you hear it or read to understand and know the man called Tinubu of apc is not from Tinubu family in fact nothing link him with that family than he was a *maid son* in the original Tinubu family house and they adopted him and he adopted the name. Bro Tinubu origin and father house is in a town or village called Iragbiji in Osun State so his lineage are nobody in reference to Yoruba history, read or known ok so pls be very accurate in your write up. No offense just shedding more light to who Tinubu is if you are not aware.

Pls guys let's leave throne stuff and focus on the real matter and the real matter is: Buhari must be send back to Daura latest by March 2019. Thanks.
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by honor4me: 12:20pm On Feb 10, 2019
ClearFlair:
PDP are naturally desperate and deceitful. Most of their upoliticians and supporters don’t know how to make money like normal human beings. They have grown accustomed to receiving looted money from Nigeria’s treasury without offering any tangible services. Buhari not only removed them from government, he also blocked their avenues of stealing and that’s why they hate him so much. Many of these people call themselves businessmen and complain about the economy, yet their so-called businesses have no structure of any kind. They just wait for a greedy politician to give them fraudulent contracts. Buhari has blocked those loopholes and they will remain blocked. This week we will send their criminal leaders into political retirement. PMB till 2023.

Multiplier effect of corruption

1. A young man works for one of the state ministries. His salary is 120K. He makes 15,000 everyday on this desk (N75k a week) engaging in corrupt practices. As a result, he spends the daily cash as he cares. Living large and far above his legitimate income.

2. He visits the local joint every evening and buys drinks for friends, and area boys. They hail him. He is married, but has two girlfriends. His "income" is enough to take care of them. The Asun seller at his favorite joint is happy, the joint owner is happy.

3. Everyone was benefiting from his "income". Friends, family, area boys, joint owner, Asun seller, girlfriends, wife and his church. Life was good.

4. Then suddenly the ministry implemented the Treasury Single Account (TSA) at the beginning of PMB administration. His extra "income" disappeared and he had to adjust to the reality of event and live within his real income. That wasn't easy.

5. Initially he reduced his daily visit to the joint to 3 days a week and stopped buying drinks for everyone. He reduced he plates of Asun. The Asun seller started to find it hard to sell a full goat each day and resorted to buy half.

6. The young man's girlfriends started to feel the heat too. No more iPhone 10. The joint owner noticed a drop in sales. The young man finally stopped visiting the joint after a month. The area boys started feeling his absence. The effect cascaded down.

7. The young man started spending more time at home with his wife and kids. The family had to readjust to the reality of the new normal. His hair stylist noticed the young man suddenly stopped tipping. He will even wait for his N200 change after haircut.

8. Things are different. Times are hard, they all cry. The young man is blaming Buhari, his wife is blaming Buhari, the area boys are blaming Buhari, the girlfriends are saying Buhari must go, the joint owner is saying Buhari killed the "economy"

9. The Asun seller is cursing Buhari, the hair stylist is insisting Buhari is too old to rule. This is the story of our nation where corruption fuels the "economy". Those who are not engaging in it are benefiting from it.

10. This tread is not about Buhari's achievement or failure, but rather about the "multiplier" effect of corruption and how we have built a system largely driven by corruption. It's about policy implication (good or bad). It's about the choices we have made.

Finally, the young man had to withdraw his kids from what he called expensive primary school his kids attend. He added:"what are they teaching them there sef " Obasanjo didn't go to a private school. I just laughed

My Take:
Most of the so called rich men and women in Nigeria before now were feeding fat on the populace, imaging a level 15 officer in a state ministry sponsoring two of his/her children's education in Europe but when TSA came to effect, free money dried up but Buhari was blamed for the inability to fund children in Europe! Awon ole jati -jati, ofan a je l'oju onile.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by jchioma: 12:21pm On Feb 10, 2019
Olajah81:

Go jump into Lagoon

grin

That's what your agbero Oba would say.
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by omerukokwuru(m): 12:21pm On Feb 10, 2019
BafanaBafana:

Oh boy. Now I'm really weeping. Someone like you shouldn't be allowed to raise children. Products of bad parenting are always terrible parents. Please, I carry God beg you, take those innocent kids to a foster home or something.
your bad mouth no be here ah ah nawa oh
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by lakesider(m): 12:21pm On Feb 10, 2019
Tmdbm:
nything you can help me with am a unilorin student exams starts 2mao I have no funds. No foodstuff please am not crying wolf I really need any body help 0072808222
Diamond Bank

U neva sabi how to edit pic wella
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 10, 2019
lakesider:

U neva sabi how to edit pic wella

That's legit my ID card its the mirror that's got it bleeped up
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Psainte20(m): 12:22pm On Feb 10, 2019
I pray God has Mercy on you for trivialising this picture
firstolalekan:
grin
Thank God the poster explained well with picture proofs.

But still, watch how OSU ÀLUSI IPOB PIG FLADHEADṣ and illiterate
FRUSTRATED CHILDREN OF HATE MASTURBATÈ AND DROLL SPITS FROM THE FILTHY HOLE ON THIS THREAD.
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by stanluiz(m): 12:23pm On Feb 10, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

You will cry hard for another 4 years, He is still Oluwo of Iwo, You people keep using propaganda to dirty Yoruba, We will repay you on Election day

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/didnt-call-emir-iwo-monarch/amp/
Cry kwa cheesy

I just want to point out you people foolishness and hypocrisy.

As for the elections, if you like vote for another calamity again. Every Nigerians will witness the next level of hell including your people.
You know hunger,unemployment, hardship known no tribe or religion so go and cut off your nose to spite your face.

Na your own cup of tea wink
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by olabrad: 12:25pm On Feb 10, 2019
BafanaBafana:
Only someone with clean hands and a pure heart can sit on a monarch's throne

Please is it true that APC zombies are the most idiotic and senseless set of people on earth?

Please, why do APC zombies always sound like they have been paid to rubbish their destinies and make a fool of themselves?
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by czar2k16(m): 12:25pm On Feb 10, 2019
Picture evidence has shown that neither of the Obas left his throne for anybody to sit on.
But people are still commenting like the reverse is the case.
I taya ooooooo!!!

1 Share

Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by akaahs(m): 12:25pm On Feb 10, 2019
We are not suprise. Afonjas always bound down to their fulani master when ever their path crosses.
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by zinizta: 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2019
Psainte20:
I pray God has Mercy on you for trivialising this picture

What has God got to do with a picture??
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Olawalesmarter(m): 12:29pm On Feb 10, 2019
stanluiz:
Cry kwa cheesy

I just want to point out you people foolishness and hypocrisy.

As for the elections, if you like vote for another calamity again. Every Nigerians will witness the next level of hell including your people.
You know hunger,unemployment, hardship known no tribe or religion so go and cut off your nose to spite your face.

Na your own cup of tea wink

We are enjoying APC government in the SW wink

2 Likes

Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by zinizta: 12:29pm On Feb 10, 2019
Trapnews:
I have nothing to say undecided.... but wait o! is it your throne? sifia pain kee you there! tongue

I wonder ooooo!!!!!

It isn't the the obi of Onitsha's throne... Na wa o... folks with faulty logic
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by femi4: 12:31pm On Feb 10, 2019
obembet:
What I believe is that no northerner ruler will leave his sit for any president.. The First sit belong to obas no matter who might be the visitor. But when u care for money too much, u can even give ur life to a lifeless man.

Less I Forget, its only fool, idiot that will vote PDP and APC. This are the people that enslaved your parents and u end up in where u are today. U want to continue from where they stop just because u don't believe in impossibility.

APC= PDP

BUHARI = ATIKU
As you fine reach...you come get fish brain. With all the OP explanations ....what a shame
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by czar2k16(m): 12:32pm On Feb 10, 2019
Alcacer47:

Poor Photoshoping

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Between Atiku Abubakar And His Son Mustapha After Chelsea And Arsenal's Match / #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) / Michael Iloduba: EFCC Celebrates Corporate Bottle Water Seller In Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.