Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? (77164 Views)

Arewa Denunciation Of Buhari Yesterday Ended Regional Solidarity - Shehu Sani / When Tinubu And Amaechi Met Buhari Yesterday (pictures) / Caption This Picture Of Buhari Yesterday Night. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Olawalesmarter(m): 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2019
Clapbackdon:
[s][/s]

Nonsense

Assuming Yoruba didn't help you back in those days, there wouldn't be anything like Benin Kingdom, You would have destroyed yourselves because you were all bunch of savages and Barbarians, Yoruba taught you how to make a sensible system and how to be a sensible society but today all you do is insults us. You must surely get what always happen to ingrates as for now we hardly notice if you exists
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Olawalesmarter(m): 5:12pm On Feb 10, 2019
Clapbackdon:
[s][/s]

Shut up there !!!!

The ancient Benin kingdom was light years more advanced than the immoral risen Yoruba kingdom that was suffering from starvation and drought

The Yoruba who where enslaved by their own monarchs to appease the Fulani Armada?

You were so advance to the extent that you have to begged Yoruba to gave you a leader to led you. grin, Yes i know history very well
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by dadark: 5:12pm On Feb 10, 2019
people that dont even like their own monarchs sef dey defend throne of oba of lagoon now....

igbos are sooo confusing people.... undecided undecided

you can not know where they stand,they change like the wheather....

their omonadike told them to dont vote and they still want to vote....

i wouldnt trust igbos with anything....they will betray you easily....
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Olawalesmarter(m): 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2019
Clapbackdon:
[s][/s]

Shut up there !!!!

The ancient Benin kingdom was light years more advanced than the immoral risen Yoruba kingdom that was suffering from starvation and drought

The Yoruba who where enslaved by their own monarchs to appease the Fulani Armada?

You don't even know anything about Yoruba, All you do is spit out and Write Bullshits grin
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by surevik(f): 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2019
Anybody wishing to frustrate Igbos in Lagos irrespective of the party affiliation, that person will not succeed and the person will die a horrible death. Igbos are peace loving people, we are the children of Israel, if you touch us you touch fire.
AlhajaChinyere:

Dey make mouth, you people will lose everything they have worked for all their lives. There is a reason all heads of state coming to lagos go to pay homage to the OBA of LAGOS.
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Clapbackdon: 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2019
[s]
Olawalesmarter:

You were so advance to the extent that you have to begged Yoruba to gave you a leader to led you. grin, Yes i know history very well
[/s]

Begged who?

I do not blame you at all. It's the stock in trade of the Yoruba to twist history and truth in favor of lies , deceit and propaganda
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by mechanics(m): 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2019
It's a sign of respect for the president.
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by AlhajaChinyere: 6:11pm On Feb 10, 2019
surevik:
Anybody wishing to frustrate Igbos in Lagos irrespective of the party affiliation, that person will not succeed and the person will die a horrible death. Igbos are peace loving people, we are the children of Israel, if you touch us you touch fire.

Lol! Your Israeli God that didn't save you during the Biafra war abi? Keep making mouth! If not for your bedmatic girls and women (I love ya mothers) I for dislodge your arse from my region. Fire ko Water ni.
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Olawalesmarter(m): 6:17pm On Feb 10, 2019
Clapbackdon:
[s][/s]

Begged who?

I do not blame you at all. It's the stock in trade of the Yoruba to twist history and truth in favor of lies , deceit and propaganda

shut up ! Oranmiyan was a King in Benin, and his son was your First Oba, eweka 1, it is you that's twisting History because of your inferriority complex.
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by surevik(f): 6:24pm On Feb 10, 2019
A word is enough for a wise.
AlhajaChinyere:

Lol! Your Israeli God that didn't save you during the Biafra war abi? Keep making mouth! If not for your bedmatic girls and women (I love ya mothers) I for dislodge your arse from my region. Fire ko Water ni.
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Clapbackdon: 9:11pm On Feb 10, 2019
[s]
Olawalesmarter:

shut up ! Oranmiyan was a King in Benin, and his son was your First Oba, eweka 1, it is you that's twisting History because of your inferriority complex.
[/s]

Keep on talking

Go on
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Ishilove: 10:35am On Feb 11, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Read the OP again and this time make sure you remove your brain from the microwave where you are warming it up
LMAO!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by sokera: 12:35pm On Feb 11, 2019
stanluiz:
See this eddiot.

A lot of igbos either traders,industrialist or manufacturer s are making it in Onitsha , Aba and nnewi. Not everybody must come to Lagos to progress.

That you have never leave your ogbomosho village doesn't mean you can come online to talk rubbish.

I guess people like innoson, ibeto, Louis carter, chicason group and the rest of them make it in the SW ?
You need to travel out to get oriented and educated instead of exposing your ignorant.
well i am sure I have visited more countries than you ...
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by sokera: 12:39pm On Feb 11, 2019
omerukokwuru:
bro stop acting naive we all know too well that the love is mutual and don't carry a mindset that igbos encroached on lagos igbos are not herdsmen they are peaceful, industrious and very hardworking, most times the misdemeanor of a few unruly igbos are exaggerated and generalised, i think a generation should emerge were tribes will no longer disdain their neighbours cuz of tribal differences and am confident that when that generation emerges Nigeria will reach the heights of china and all these countries that tranformed in our days
good they are peaceful people but why these hated? We don’t have to deny or pretend everything is right you and I know things are not rift between Igbos and Yorubas... the hatred as never been this high ... it all started base on politics... for me what I feel is because Yorubas are not playing their politics the Igbos ways is why the hater is so much ... well I have never hate any Igbo for their political allegiances... peace
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by Konquest: 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2019
naptu2:
Monarchs in Nigeria usually have more than one throne in their throne room. In fact, most monarchs have 3 thrones in their throne room.

If another monarch visits the palace, for example, if the Emir of Kano visits the Oba of Lagos, then the Emir will sit on one of the other thrones.

There are usually 3 thrones because, according to protocol, when the president visits a state, he usually visits the most prominent traditional ruler in that state and the governor, as his host, usually accompanies him on that visit. So that traditional ruler would usually sit on the biggest throne (in the middle), the president would sit on his right and the governor on his left.

However, in recent months there have been some crazy threads on Twitter and Nairaland in which some people have alleged that the monarch "left his throne" for another person and that the monarch has therefore "desecrated Yoruba culture". So, for example, when Pastor Adeboye visited the Ooni of Ife, some people posted a close up picture of Adeboye sitting on a throne and claimed that the Ooni "left his throne for Adeboye".

Similarly, this morning someone posted a close up picture of Buhari sitting on a throne at Iga Idungaran and claimed that the Oba of Lagos "left his throne for Buhari".

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724724_dzcfeimxcaawokj_jpeg_jpeg8d8c1de6f297050b924a9cca731c7259

Look at the pictures below and you be the judge.

Pic 1 & 2) Buhari, Osinbajo and the Oba of Lagos at Iga Idungaran yesterday.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724285_dzb9hwxqaawquj_jpeg_jpege08f60e9aa3c37ebb04f00921e894951

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724286_oba_jpegcec5177cd2599e2bd35ead0e70227495

Pic 3) Buhari at Iga Idungaran in 2015.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724287_oba3_jpeg2689c30212a64ffab6862d2ddd4b45db

Pic 4) The Emir of Kano at Iga Idungaran.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724288_oba2_jpegc0ed0c4a463f66e0df2611c1153ba81d

They posted the first picture as proof that the Ooni left his throne for Adeboye to sit on.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724379_ooni_jpeg546cca09cfa00ec12c1331bbff32103c

However (as you can see from the 2nd picture), the Ooni's throne is actually a couch and that's the throne that he sits on when he has guests.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724380_ooni2_jpege81d7475b9fb7036218054e2bbdc24bc

This is even clearer in the 3rd picture. You can see the leopard skin rug in front of the throne.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8724381_ooni3_jpeg44b02fb1bae3c207e051e53d3be18634
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
Kabiyesi o
Eko for show...
! grin

Great post!
Re: Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? by sokera: 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2019
stanluiz:
See this eddiot.

A lot of igbos either traders,industrialist or manufacturer s are making it in Onitsha , Aba and nnewi. Not everybody must come to Lagos to progress.

That you have never leave your ogbomosho village doesn't mean you can come online to talk rubbish.

I guess people like innoson, ibeto, Louis carter, chicason group and the rest of them make it in the SW ?
You need to travel out to get oriented and educated instead of exposing your ignorant.
idiot do you think all these people you mention would underestimate the market target of SW?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Between Atiku Abubakar And His Son Mustapha After Chelsea And Arsenal's Match / #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) / Chioma Akpotha Calls Out Lady Who Attacked Her At Her Polling Unit (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.