Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Why Nigerian Freelancers Need A Shared Workspace. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Nigerian Freelancers Need A Shared Workspace. (724 Views)

Why Nigerian Companies Use Personality Assessments During Recruitment / Why Nigerian Youths Need To Make The Transition From Graduate To Apprentice / Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable And Solutions To The Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Freelancers Need A Shared Workspace. by Codaert: 11:59am On Feb 11, 2019
Hello Guys I am mishael from codaert and I am gonna share with you my thoughts on why a Nigerian Freelancer need to work in a shared space.

You see Freelancing can be a lonely journey and operating from home doesn't help either as there would be distractions like children playing, Sounds of TV and some form of laziness and procrastination depending on your type of person. So freelancers in Nigeria needs an optimum working environment.

As a freelancer you should be able to broaden your network. At home one is restricted between the four walls so therefore he/she can't increase their Network. You would say Mish, Why do I need the network?... Well success in career and business depends on 20% what you know and 80% who you know. I stand to be corrected. Relationships matter in life. In a co-working space you meet diverse people possessing different skills and contact that could be useful in your freelance career working together.

If you've got thoughts and views you want to share, please share your thoughts below.

Best Regards.
Mishael.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Freelancers Need A Shared Workspace. by okwabayi(m): 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2019
This is a nice idea. Some places of this sort already exist in Lagos.
My question is: doesn’t being in an office space with other freelancers immediately turn the hobby into a proper job?
I always assumed the beauty of freelancing especially online was doing the service at home instead of an official environment.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Freelancers Need A Shared Workspace. by Codaert: 12:39pm On Feb 11, 2019
okwabayi:
This is a nice idea. Some places of this sort already exist in Lagos.
My question is: doesn’t being in an office space with other freelancers immediately turn the hobby into a proper job?
I always assumed the beauty of freelancing especially online was doing the service at home instead of an official environment.

It depends on how serious you take freelancing. Freelancing is a proper Job. It's just that you work for yourself... But believe me your environment affects you more than you think.
Alot of people in Nigeria take freelancing as a full time job.. Yes it pays the bills... Especially when we work remotely with a lot of international clients. When you work in a corporate environment you produce great output.
We need the Right state of mind, the right working environment, and the right relationship to maximize our productivity. And a good shared working space could solve this for us.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Freelancers Need A Shared Workspace. by sommyboi(m): 3:17pm On Feb 12, 2019
Yeah
I agree with you... I had to pay for a workspace here in Port Harcourt to avoid the aforementioned distractions.
Now, my problem is earning with what I already know (graphics design, Web application developing, motion graphics design, mobile App development). It's so frustrating!
Re: Why Nigerian Freelancers Need A Shared Workspace. by Codaert: 1:37pm On Feb 13, 2019
sommyboi:
Yeah
I agree with you... I had to pay for a workspace here in Port Harcourt to avoid the aforementioned distractions.
Now, my problem is earning with what I already know (graphics design, Web application developing, motion graphics design, mobile App development). It's so frustrating!

Very True... Alot of freelancers are struggling with this problem... Codaert (the company I work for) is currently working on something to solve this problem...
Would write about it when it's available.
Thanks.
Re: Why Nigerian Freelancers Need A Shared Workspace. by sommyboi(m): 12:58am On Feb 14, 2019
Codaert:

Very True... Alot of freelancers are struggling with this problem... Codaert (the company I work for) is currently working on something to solve this problem...
Would write about it when it's available.
Thanks.

Alright, kindly tag me to the write-up when you're through.
Re: Why Nigerian Freelancers Need A Shared Workspace. by ayenika1: 6:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
Can we start our own freelancing site. Those with high reviews and lots of jobs can source to those who are just growing. My opinion is,you will have to choose only one niche so that others can benefit. The problem is the greediness of some of us who will have multiple accounts. However, if we have few who are sincere,things will work out fine and who says, upwork may in the nearest future acquire the site.

In case you have high volume of jobs relating to Data Entry on Excel and Google Spreadsheet, Web Research, Copy & Paste from Excel to Spreadsheet or any other jobs relating to the above, Im available 24hrs. Yours jobs will be meticulously and swiftly handled.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Freelancers Need A Shared Workspace. by Codaert: 2:35pm On Feb 27, 2019
sommyboi:

Alright, kindly tag me to the write-up when you're through.

Sure would definitely tag you... Thanks.
Re: Why Nigerian Freelancers Need A Shared Workspace. by Codaert: 2:37pm On Feb 27, 2019
ayenika1:
Can we start our own freelancing site. Those with high reviews and lots of jobs can source to those who are just growing. My opinion is,you will have to choose only one niche so that others can benefit. The problem is the greediness of some of us who will have multiple accounts. However, if we have few who are sincere,things will work out fine and who says, upwork may in the nearest future acquire the site.

In case you have high volume of jobs relating to Data Entry on Excel and Google Spreadsheet, Web Research, Copy & Paste from Excel to Spreadsheet or any other jobs relating to the above, Im available 24hrs. Yours jobs will be meticulously and swiftly handled.

Hahaha...True... Makes sense, something to think about though.
Re: Why Nigerian Freelancers Need A Shared Workspace. by Mizwisdom(f): 1:15pm On Mar 03, 2019
OP is right 100%

(1) (Reply)

This Is How Much Flight Attendants Get Paid / Microsoft Power BI And Other Data Analysis Training From Kurindeta / How To Boost Your Instagram Followers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.