Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,856 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection (3362 Views)

Hosa Okunbo Congratulates Obaseki On His Reelection / Governor Ikpeazu Dances Like Never Before To Celebrate His Reelection. Reactions / Dino Melaye Turns Chorister, Prayer Warrior As He Celebrates His Reelection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by donphiilopus(m): 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2019
Since pictures emerged from the PDP Presidential campaign rally in Kano yesterday, many wailers have been jubilating on this forum claiming Atiku has already won the elections because of the crowd that welcomed him.

Today, I felt I should revisit the GEJ 2015 Kano campaign's thread and alas, I discovered that these guys didn't just start boasting this 2019. They were so confident on that thread that GEJ would win Kano simply because of same "much crowd". After the election Buhari polled 1,903,999 votes to beat his closest rival, GEJ, who polled 215,779 votes. Total votes cast in Kano then was 2,172,447 meaning Jonathan was only able to secure 9.9% of the total votes cast.

Note that on the said thread, PDP apologists garnered more likes than their APC' counterparts just like it's happening now and they thought the likes would translate to votes. But their eyes "cleared" after their boss couldn't get 10% of the votes in Kano even after they had boasted he would win Buhari in Kano.

For those that would say Baba was only able to win Kano because of the support he got from Kwankwaso, please where was Kwankwaso when Baba was winning Kano in 2003, 2007 and 2011? A sitting Governor, Shekarau, who was on the ballot as a Presidential candidate against Buhari lost Kano to Buhari in 2011.

To round it off, my Kano prediction is that Buhari would secure 1.7m votes while Atiku would get between 350k to 400k votes. Atiku wouldn't get more than 17 to 18% of the total votes cast in Kano come Saturday.

Screenshots from the said 2015 thread where the PDP guys had a field day or you can follow the link below to view the thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2105334/jonathan-pulls-massive-crowd-kano#up

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by donphiilopus(m): 3:28pm On Feb 11, 2019
Those of you who believe Nairaland likes matter on the day of election, see below.

The first is the pro Buhari post with the highest likes on that thread.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by sarrki(m): 3:29pm On Feb 11, 2019
It’s visible to the blind

Audible to the deaf

Buhari is the man

We are planning for 2023 already

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by stephleena(f): 3:30pm On Feb 11, 2019
Shut up .we are now talking of Atiku and not Jonathan.. and yes all the contributing factors that led to Buhari's success in Kano, is totally against him now ..Kwakwasiyya is number one.
I pity u if u think Buhari will get same number of votes he got back then .
The target is to split the votes. that's a done deal

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by olajizz01(m): 3:32pm On Feb 11, 2019
But the wailing zombie will never listen until Febuhari 16,17,18 when their thieving eyes go clear.

They like deceiving themselves even if they know they have no chance of winning at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:32pm On Feb 11, 2019
Are you saying he would have won if he met empty stadium? How daft can your reasoning be?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by stephleena(f): 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2019
sarrki:
It’s visible to the blind

Audible to the deaf

Buhari is the man

We are planning for 2023 already
Ogbeni I hope you aren't a Chelsea fan.. because I can't help but to feel for u.. Saturday no far again..get ready to full buckets and gallons

6 Likes

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by donphiilopus(m): 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2019
stephleena:
Shut up .we are now talking of Atiku and not Jonathan.. and yes all the contributing factors that led to Buhari's success in Kano, is totally against him now ..Kwakwasiyya is number one.

Even if you sound uncouth and uncultured, I'd still have to reply you.

Where was Kwankwaso and his Kwakwasiyya in 2003, 2007 and 2011 when Buhari won Kano State? FYI, Buhari doesn't need any heavyweight politician from Kano to be on his side for him to win Kano. He won Kano in 2011 when Kwankwaso, Ganduje and Shekarau were all against him. In fact most of these politicians need Buhari in Kano more than Buhari needs them.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by donphiilopus(m): 3:36pm On Feb 11, 2019
SpecialAdviser:
Are you saying he would have won if he met empty stadium? How daft can your reasoning be?

Why do you guys always throw insults around? Who said he would have won had he met an empty stadium?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by Wilstino: 3:41pm On Feb 11, 2019
donphiilopus:

Where was Kwankwaso and his Kwakwasiyya in 2003, 2007 and 2011 when Buhari won Kano State? FYI, Buhari doesn't need any heavyweight politician from Kano to be on his side for him to win Kano. He won Kano in 2011 when Kwankwaso, Ganduje and Shekarau were all against him. In fact most of these politicians need Buhari in Kano more than Buhari needs them.

Really?? You think buhari can do it alone? Why is he holding on to Ganduje if he didn't matter? Now he has been tested with power and ha failed so he can't get all that support he got in those years you mentioned.

4 Likes

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by donphiilopus(m): 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2019
Wilstino:

Really?? You think buhari can do it alone? Why is he holding on to Ganduje if he didn't matter? Now he has been tested with power and ha failed so he can't get all that support he got in those years you mentioned.

Holding on to Ganduje? Sorry, Ganduje needs Buhari more than Buhari needs him. He has Ganduje and Shekarau with him but that doesn't matter. Buhari's name alone can win him votes in Kano.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by stephleena(f): 3:48pm On Feb 11, 2019
donphiilopus:

pardon my manners,u sounded annoying. Rabiu is also a demi-god..he has a cult like followers hip all over north west...And yes they all aided buhari's victory.. and trust me the votes in kano must be splitted.. Buhari's rep isn't revered as it was after he won.. But thank God he did,if not he would have been dubbed "the best civilian president we never had"..

4 Likes

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:53pm On Feb 11, 2019
stephleena:

pardon my manners,u sounded annoying. Rabiu is also a demi-god..he has a cult like followers hip all over north west...And yes they all aided buhari's victory.. and trust me the votes in kano must be splitted.. Buhari's rep isn't revered as it was after he won.. But thank God he did,if not he would have been dubbed "the best civilian president we never had"..

I hope you handle will still be active on Sunday, when the result of Kano must have been sent. grin grin

Atiku cannot get up to 20% of the votes. Bookmark this comment.

2 Likes

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by donphiilopus(m): 3:59pm On Feb 11, 2019
stephleena:

Cult-like followership in the Northwest yet he lost to Buhari's anointed Governorship candidate, Shekarau, twice in his native Kano? As far as I know, the only person that enjoys cult-like followership in the North is Buhari "distantly" followed by others.

If Kwankwaso's cult-like followership aided Buhari's victory in Kano in 2015, why couldn't they aid their master's victory in the 2003 and 2007 Governorship tussle?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by donphiilopus(m): 4:39pm On Feb 11, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

I hope you handle will still be active on Sunday, when the result of Kano must have been sent. grin grin

Most of them always desert nairaland when their preferred candidate loses. cheesy

I won't be surprised if they start a new campaign after Atiku loses the election.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by folajoko(m): 5:09pm On Feb 11, 2019
Jonathan lost simple because he is not a northerner...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by Akanapiaigwe: 5:16pm On Feb 11, 2019
grin
that kano rally still dey pain the zombies hence the threads upandan cheesy

they're already in jittery grin

2 Likes

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by maestroferdi: 5:19pm On Feb 11, 2019
donphiilopus:

Why do you guys always throw insults around? Who said he would have won had he met an empty stadium?
Your logic defies all rationality, it has to be said...

2 Likes

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by MrMcJay(m): 5:20pm On Feb 11, 2019
donphiilopus:

Cult-like followership in the Northwest yet he lost to Buhari's anointed Governorship candidate, Shekarau, twice in his native Kano? As far as I know, the only person that enjoys cult-like followership in the North is Buhari "distantly" followed by others.

If Kwankwaso's cult-like followership aided Buhari's victory in Kano in 2015, why couldn't they aid their master's victory in the 2003 and 2007 Governorship tussle?

Shekarau was a public school Principal when he defeated Kwankwanso a sitting Governor in Kano.

Most of those making noise online don't know how Kano politics work. When PMB gets 4M votes in Kano this time around, they'll start crying rigging.

Buhari can get 4M votes in Kano. Remember during the APC primaries, Kwankwasiyya guys had already left Apc for Pdp and Buhari had more than 4M Apc members voting for him in the primaries.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by MrMcJay(m): 5:21pm On Feb 11, 2019
Akanapiaigwe:
grin
that kano rally still dey pain the zombies hence the threads upandan cheesy

they're already in jittery grin

Naah.

It's a precursor being laid in case Pdp members want to cry in a week's time, we'll simply remind them that it's 2015 again.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by BuhariAdvocate: 5:23pm On Feb 11, 2019
Atiku can't get votes that Jonathan got last time talk on win the election.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by raumdeuter: 5:24pm On Feb 11, 2019
Buhari always win in Kano

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by Gandollar(f): 5:28pm On Feb 11, 2019
donphiilopus:
Those of you who believe Nairaland likes matter on the day of election, see below.

The first is the pro Buhari post with the highest likes on that thread.
In 2015, the backward north wanted Jonathan out by all means. This is 2019 and the contest is between two fulani. Your god buhari won't sweep Kano like in 2015 where foreigners and underaged voters had a field day and Jonathan refused to contest the results even with damning irregularities.

You guys should try that nonsense again and get your arse badly burnt.

1 Like

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by Gandollar(f): 5:32pm On Feb 11, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

The anambra elections comment you asked us to bookmark is still waiting for you.

1 Like

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by Gandollar(f): 5:35pm On Feb 11, 2019
MrMcJay:

Shekarau was a public school Principal when he defeated Kwankwanso a sitting Governor in Kano.

Most of those making noise online don't know how Kano politics work. When PMB gets 4M votes in Kano this time around, they'll start crying rigging.

Buhari can get 4M votes in Kano. Remember during the APC primaries, Kwankwasiyya guys had already left Apc for Pdp and Buhari had more than 4M Apc members voting for him in the primaries.
Keep throwing figures around until you are subjected to a forensic scrutiny. This is not 2015.

2 Likes

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by deomelo: 5:39pm On Feb 11, 2019
The stadium holds less than 40,000 people and there are 5 million voters in Kano.

Igbos are just senseless clowns..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by FYB(m): 5:40pm On Feb 11, 2019
Its entirely a different scenario. Jonathan was not voted because he is a southern Christian. Atiku on the other hand is a northerner like Buhari and a Muslim too.
Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by Akanapiaigwe: 5:44pm On Feb 11, 2019
[s]
MrMcJay:

Naah.

It's a precursor being laid in case Pdp members want to cry in a week's time, we'll simply remind them that it's 2015 again.
[/s]
this one is in cifia pain grin

1 Like

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by deomelo: 5:45pm On Feb 11, 2019
FYB:
Its entirely a different scenario. Jonathan was not voted because he is a southern Christian. Atiku on the other hand is a northerner like Buhari and a Muslim too.

With lying Obigotry from the SE..

E go do you like film trick

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by MrMcJay(m): 5:48pm On Feb 11, 2019
Gandollar:
Keep throwing figures around until you are subjected to a forensic scrutiny. This is not 2015.

By then Atiku would be the Petitioner, Buhari the Respondent, Onnoghen out of office and Buhari the President.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by Gandollar(f): 6:07pm On Feb 11, 2019
MrMcJay:

By then Atiku would be the Petitioner, Buhari the Respondent, Onnoghen out of office and Buhari the President.
Haaa.. brother we all know that's the game plan of you evil minded people. The revolution will be strident and televised!

This election is between the NIGERIANS and APC.

You will soon find out that the army can't kill us all.
Re: After Viewing This Thread, I'm Saying Congrats To Buhari For His Reelection by MrMcJay(m): 6:10pm On Feb 11, 2019
Gandollar:
Haaa.. brother we all know that's the game plan of you evil minded people. The revolution will be strident and televised!

This election is between the NIGERIANS and APC.

You will soon find out that the army can't kill us all.

I'll remind you when the time comes.

You all threatened fire and brimstone for Onnoghen. What later happened?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: Anyone Who Refuses To Sit At Home On May 30 Deserves Death – Nnamdi / Ogun State fake rice pyramid / Fulani's Killed In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.