Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,391 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? (5259 Views)

Pls What Year Is This Nissan Almera / Nissan Car For #350000 / This Nissan Titan was Specially Made For BBQ (barbeque) Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by MotorGuru: 9:04pm On Feb 13, 2019
nurey:

You have heard it from motoguru a season technician who certified it OK.

I have also told you it's an OK product I have used Nissan b4 and an avid follower of the brand

A first hand experience user also said it's a reliable car which he has used for 3 years.

if you can't afford 10 to 12L of fuel per 100km don't buy it

if the mechanic says the specimen has fault don't buy it

someone said buy the Avalon funny, the 1mz in the avalon is not as strong as the Vk in this Nissan.

they said buy corolla if thieves snatch it or burgle the corolla he Don finish be that.

A Nissan tokunbo for 800k (if seller agree) is 100% better than a naija rocked ticking time bomb cary big daddy

A word is enough for the wise

Words on marble

1 Like

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by jonnyp(m): 11:16pm On Feb 13, 2019
I have this Tokubo Nissan MORANO 06 for 1.3m

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by dokyOloye: 2:28am On Feb 14, 2019
experiencenewth:

I don't understand all these terms pls. I just need guide/help. I'm a lady pls. Is the model good? Should i buy it after a positive confirmation by the mechanic?

Just help me
That car has a 6 cylinder 3.0litre engine oo.
Hope spending money on fuel is not an ish wt you as you be lady.
Or maybe you don't intend to go long distances regularly.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by feelme3(m): 8:11am On Feb 14, 2019
dokyOloye:

That car has a 6 cylinder 3.0litre engine oo.
Hope spending money on fuel is not an ish wt you as you be lady.
Or maybe you don't intend to go long distances regularly.

All these speculation about V6 engine chopping fuel be wetin I no understand oo. Again I am speaking from first hand experience.

I normally use 72litres (full tank) on my 08 Maxima from Lagos to Onitsha with AC and four passengers (I dey pick guys from toll gate and collect 3k fuel subsidy each which almost covers my ⛽ money cheesy ) And this isn't a one time experience. I wouldn't know if that's gulping too much fuel but for me it's an OK deal compared to the stress of commercial bus.

I stay in ikorodu and 3k fuel takes me to Ikoyi twice with other small small waka around. So I don't get this alarm about 6 cylinder ati v6 consuming so much fuel. The only time I spent 5k fuel in two days within Lagos was one time I had a leaking exhaust and one clogged injector. I for craze that period but my mechanic found the issues, change of some plugs, cleaned up the injectors with one spray thing like that, changed air filter and fuel filter and car came back to life. Cumulative spending wasn't even up to 5k.
I still maintain that if you don't treat a car well by servicing regularly, car will show you nwi even if na 2 cylinder or V1 engine.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by experiencenewth: 10:15pm On Feb 14, 2019
feelme3:

All these speculation about V6 engine chopping fuel be wetin I no understand oo. Again I am speaking from first hand experience.

I normally use 72litres (full tank) on my 08 Maxima from Lagos to Onitsha with AC and four passengers (I dey pick guys from toll gate and collect 3k fuel subsidy each which almost covers my ⛽ money cheesy ) And this isn't a one time experience. I wouldn't know if that's gulping too much fuel but for me it's an OK deal compared to the stress of commercial bus.

I stay in ikorodu and 3k fuel takes me to Ikoyi twice with other small small waka around. So I don't get this alarm about 6 cylinder ati v6 consuming so much fuel. The only time I spent 5k fuel in two days within Lagos was one time I had a leaking exhaust and one clogged injector. I for craze that period but my mechanic found the issues, change of some plugs, cleaned up the injectors with one spray thing like that, changed air filter and fuel filter and car came back to life. Cumulative spending wasn't even up to 5k.
I still maintain that if you don't treat a car well by servicing regularly, car will show you nwi even if na 2 cylinder or V1 engine.

Thanks a lot bro

1 Like

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by keycash: 10:21am On Feb 15, 2019
Bro please don't even buy this ride ooo am talking from experience ooo
Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by dokyOloye: 5:53am On Feb 17, 2019
feelme3:

Oga,your motor de chop fuel but you no know cos you've not used a really fuel efficient car,whether 6 or 4 cylinders.
I drove a C300 V6 from FESTAC to Ebonyi(extra 200km from Onitsha,cos Onitsha to Enugu is abt 120km and Enugu to Abakaliki is exactly 77km from Emene airport flyover) with A/C throughout on a full tank of 60 litres,never refuelled and never saw the fuel warning light though I was alone in the car.
The same full tank regularly takes me from Karu in Abuja to Ebonyi(a distance of above 500km of not too smooth roads)with 2 adults and 2 children with A/C and the wouldn't even off the engine even at Lokoja stopover.
For that your Lagos to Onitsha,somebody with an efficient Toyota corrola or Volkswagen bora 1.6L wouldn't use more than 35litres of fuel even with A/C and 3 extra passengers.
I don't know d distance b/w Ikorodu and Ikoyi as I don't live in Lag nor know it well,but 2k fuel(about 14litres)takes me from Gwarimpa to Keffi in Nasarawa and back and that is a total of 140km,so,judge for yourself if your car is really fuel efficient.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 17, 2019
dokyOloye:

Oga,your motor de chop fuel but you no know cos you've not used a really fuel efficient car,whether 6 or 4 cylinders.
I drove a C300 V6 from FESTAC to Ebonyi(extra 200km from Onitsha,cos Onitsha to Enugu is abt 120km and Enugu to Abakaliki is exactly 77km from Emene airport flyover) with A/C throughout on a full tank of 60 litres,never refuelled and never saw the fuel warning light though I was alone in the car.
The same full tank regularly takes me from Karu in Abuja to Ebonyi(a distance of above 500km of not too smooth roads)with 2 adults and 2 children with A/C and the wouldn't even off the engine even at Lokoja stopover.
For that your Lagos to Onitsha,somebody with an efficient Toyota corrola or Volkswagen bora 1.6L wouldn't use more than 35litres of fuel even with A/C and 3 extra passengers.
I don't know d distance b/w Ikorodu and Ikoyi as I don't live in Lag nor know it well,but 2k fuel(about 14litres)takes me from Gwarimpa to Keffi in Nasarawa and back and that is a total of 140km,so,judge for yourself if your car is really fuel efficient.
doky my main man!
So you be benz fan like me?
I am sure getting the 2011 c300 this year bro.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by woodrow(m): 10:27am On Feb 17, 2019
When you are not a commercial bus driver and u dey calculate fuel usage like this,the prayer u shld be praying is poverty die
..die.die.
"Luxury in whatever form,comes with a price"

If u like use I4,V6,V8,V12,no matter how you try,u wld spend more than whoever takes public transport but you might be more comfortable.the only time the comfort would be defeated is when the car develops a fault but in the case of public transport,commuter takes another bus while you have to bother about the safety of your car even before yourself.

It's called LIFE

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by dokyOloye: 10:32am On Feb 17, 2019
nwanneni:
doky my main man!
So you be benz fan like me?
I am sure getting the 2011 c300 this year bro.
Hehehe.
I de push 1 small 09 C300 since early 2016.
Its Benz or nothing ooo.
The nearest I fit do na Volkswagen or Beemer.
If una ever see me behind a Toyota, make una throw me Pure water grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by fuckboys: 12:56pm On Feb 17, 2019
dokyOloye:

Hehehe.
I de push 1 small 09 C300 since early 2016.
Its Benz or nothing ooo.
The nearest I fit do na Volkswagen or Beemer.
If una ever see me behind a Toyota, make una throw me Pure water grin grin grin

See money bags for this thread Sha, 2009 Benz C300 a small car?

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by CityNGR: 1:11pm On Feb 17, 2019
I am touched. Find a 1999, 2000 W202 Mercedes Benz, you will get a good deal at 850-1M, or contact lade007 for something very suitable. Happy motoring. But if you can get a million better.

experiencenewth:

I only have 800k. I'm a lady. I don't know where to shop for cars. I only saw this on my way to the office and called the phone number tagged on it .

I don't know how i can get a good car with my budget of 800k. I don't mind third hand provided i won't be having issues with it.

Thanks
bettycars also has european cars within your range

https://www.nairaland.com/bettycars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by 9icetoo(m): 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
feelme3:

72 litres from Lagos to onitsha is a bit high for a v6 sedan. But not too bad. An i4 of similar size will do it with less than 50 liters. That's a difference of 22 liters. If OP prefers power to Fe, then v6 is the way to go. But I must admit that Nissan's are not known for their reliability.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by woodrow(m): 3:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
9icetoo:

72 litres from Lagos to onitsha is a bit high for a v6 sedan. But not too bad. An i4 of similar size will do it with less than 50 liters. That's a difference of 22 liters. If OP prefers power to Fe, then v6 is the way to go. But I must admit that Nissan's are not known for their reliability.

Have you used a Nissan before?

Kindly define reliability,using a Nissan and any other brand of your choice.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by Bettycars(m): 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
experiencenewth:
I want tp buy a car. Should i buy this? Car gurus pls help. I need guide.
At Bettycars, you can get a vehicles for good price.

For your European used cars or buses please call or whatsapp 070 6587 0508 for enquiries or inspection

We are importers of used vehicles at very good prices, with complete, original and verifiable customs paper. No hassles, no regrets.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by lade007(m): 6:16pm On Feb 17, 2019
[quote author=CityNGR post=75821091]I am touched. Find a 1999, 2000 W202 Mercedes Benz, you will get a good deal at 850-1M, or contact lade007 for something very suitable. Happy motoring. But if you can get a

Thanks for the mention bro

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by okoroemeka(m): 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2019
nurey:

you are just mentioning cars you have not said why all those cars you mentioned are better than the maxima
pls can that Nissan compare with all those cars mentioned , reliability, ruggedness, economy,pleasing to the eye and most important how the car makes you feel,there are cars that makes u feel happy and some that makes u feel sad,and I don't think the op will be sad in a 2005 Honda Accord DC ,v6, navigation, leather ,pls don't argue with that
Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by nurey(m): 8:02pm On Feb 17, 2019
okoroemeka:
pls can that Nissan compare with all those cars mentioned , reliability, ruggedness, economy,pleasing to the eye and most important how the car makes you feel,there are cars that makes u feel happy and some that makes u feel sad,and I don't think the op will be sad in a 2005 Honda Accord DC ,v6, navigation, leather ,pls don't argue with that

You are comparing a 2001 maxima to a 2005 Accord. The interior and luxurious fitting in this car is not the mate of the accord.

It's obvious you have not been in the maxima b4, the maxima is more rugged, reliable and identical fuel economy with the V6 of the accord

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by CityNGR: 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2019
nurey:

You are comparing a 2001 maxima to a 2005 Accord. The interior and luxurious fitting in this car is not the mate of the accord.

It's obvious you have not been in the maxima b4, the maxima is more rugged, reliable and identical fuel economy with the V6 of the accord
Comparing the maxima to the accord is stupidd. The maxima wins all round!

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by feelme3(m): 9:58pm On Feb 17, 2019
okoroemeka:

Pix 1 2005 Honda Accord

Pix 2 2001 Nissan Maxima

Considering the age difference which would you say got swag cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by Avedonn: 10:31pm On Feb 17, 2019
feelme3:

Pix 1 2005 Honda Accord
Pix 2 2001 Nissan Maxima
Considering the age difference which would you say got swag cheesy
I'll choose the 05 accord based on interior.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by tripoli007(m): 5:00pm On Feb 18, 2019
experiencenewth:

I don't understand all these terms pls. I just need guide/help. I'm a lady pls. Is the model good? Should i buy it after a positive confirmation by the mechanic?

Just help me

Run for your Life ohh ,this car will drain u empty if the wahala starts and it does not have a second hand value ... Please look for a Toyota or Honda
Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by ogawisdom(m): 11:27am On Feb 19, 2019
experiencenewth:
I want tp buy a car. Should i buy this? Car gurus pls help. I need guide.

Nissan gini angry

Pls look for Toyota Corolla or Camry and have peace of mind
Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by ric78(m): 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2019
Clean and great condition 2008 Nissan Qashqai at 1.5m. Call 08020949818 #DistressSale

Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by okoroemeka(m): 10:03pm On Feb 19, 2019
Haaaaahaaa!we have succeeded in confusing the buyer with our different opinions, seriously I think the Maxima is not for a first time buyer,it's better for a petrol head that has seen any surprises a car can throw up,it's a very good car no doubt by a very good engine maker,they have an engine the VQ I am so sure about the code but that engine won best performance for many years in a row,so they must be doing something good,but sadly the op wants a simple common car with no whistles and bells,let her go for a Camry or Accord.
Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by RZArecta2(m): 11:39pm On Feb 19, 2019
CityNGR:

Comparing the maxima to the accord is stupidd. The maxima wins all round!
wait !! A 2001 maxima beats an 05 Accord ? Please explain, I'm not conversant with the Nissan at all but feel age wise, the Honda should be on a higher pedestal
Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by Rubbiish(m): 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2019
oweniwe:

My friend, please find Toyota Avalon buy...
You will never regret it
how is avalon fuel consumption?
Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by 9icetoo(m): 4:08pm On Mar 05, 2019
Rubbiish:

how is avalon fuel consumption?
Rubbish. 12mpg in the city. You will be a popular customer at filling stations.
OP, what did you go for?
08 elantra, accent, Kia Rio and cerato, Kia soul, 010 Honda city or fit are great buys. Also look out for 08 Toyota echo. You won't go wrong with these cars and they are not robber magnets yet.
Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by Rubbiish(m): 4:34pm On Mar 05, 2019
9icetoo:

Rubbish. 12mpg in the city. You will be a popular customer at filling stations.
OP, what did you go for?
08 elantra, accent, Kia Rio and cerato, Kia soul, 010 Honda city or fit are great buys. Also look out for 08 Toyota echo. You won't go wrong with these cars and they are not robber magnets yet.
O boy! shocked
The car too big sef cheesy
Na Camry go win am then
No money for fuel
Re: Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? by DMM007(m): 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
OP just pick some little advice from the ones you can gather and make your choice with one mind. Last year at about this time I created a thread similar to this with same budget of 800k. Lots of gist came up just like what you are having now. In the end I got a naija used Peugeot 307 for 600k and I spent the balance in fixing it to my taste. Today I have a ride that people are asking me to let them know when am ready to sell. Everything in my LION is working perfectly, I travel frequently at least every month and I have no worries. I don't joke with maintenance if I hear anything unusual na mechanic the next day. Some people will not maintain car and they will give it a bad name for messing them up.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick / Comprehensive Guide To Converting Your Petrol Car To Run On Compressed Natural G / See Why Honda Has More Ball Joint Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.