Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Burn Your Calories... But At Your Pace! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Burn Your Calories... But At Your Pace! (293 Views)

23 Food That Will Help You Burn Your Belly Fat Very Fast / COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines / How To Burn Your Belly Fat Fast (FLAT TUMMY In 2weeks) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Burn Your Calories... But At Your Pace! by Hegela(m): 7:00am On Feb 12, 2019
So this past weekend, in line with my agreed year plans, I went jogging; having done about two kilometers, at a T-Junction, I met some other three guys who were also jogging, somehow, somewhat like a reflex action, I stepped up my pace to align with theirs, I began pacing and panting profusely at a point; it was as if my heart was to jump out through my mouth!

I could not understand what had transpired! One minute I was doing just fine, the next I was gasping for breath! Continuing like this will definitely make me wear out earlier than planned. But how did this happen? How come my pace increased abruptly?

I eventually had to advice myself to slow down and do my thing?� I wasn't gonna allow these guys dictate my pace or direction; I was gonna be me! I ended up doing five plus kilometers for that day!

One thing I learnt from this is that, I am different. You are different. Your path is different. Your pace is different. Your tenacity is different. Your ability to bear pains is not same as another! It is even possible the person you are trying to copy is doing a dash, and most likely you are in for a marathon!

I had not considered that, maybe they were sport guys? Or maybe they were already rounding up their routes and I have just done half of mine!?

Truthfully, it is embarrassing to copy others just because they appear to be doing better than you. At the end, you will end up wasting a larger chunk of your time, energy and resources trying to keep up with the Joneses!

That all your peers are married does not mean that something is wrong with you!
And because everyone that got married gave birth after the first year does not mean that you have been condemned by God as barren (I really don't know how we got this wrong as Africans!).
If after graduation, all your coursemates are doing great, some have good jobs, cars and are even transversing the length and breadth of the world, does not entirely mean your village people have sat over your case!

Never believe that lie!

Your timing is different. Your seasons and times are not same as theirs. We might have started together, but it is no guarantee that we will end together! We might study the same course, but it is not an assurance that we will get employed same time.

Stop burning other people's calories; the people concerned might not even be aware that you are emulating or doctoring your life to follow theirs! Maybe if they do, they would even advise you against it!

Never waste your precious time brooding over who has what and when. Discover yourself, your time and your purpose. Live freely and happily. Stop piling upon yourself unnecessary pressure; you don't need it.

Trust me, las las, you will be alright!

I call you blessed! God's grace and favour will be made manifest in your life this week! He will be with you all through these challenging times you are facing now and cause you to testify at the end in Jesus name. Amen.

God bless you exclusively!

Remember that I love you, and there is nothing you can do about it!

Do have a great week!

#AlegehPrince
#TheSage!
©2019
Re: Burn Your Calories... But At Your Pace! by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 12, 2019
What a great way to begin my day... THANKS FO THIS WONDERFUL PIECE

1 Like

Re: Burn Your Calories... But At Your Pace! by Hegela(m): 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2019
vikkimimi:
What a great way to begin my day... THANKS FO THIS WONDERFUL PIECE

You're welcome!

(1) (Reply)

Medicinal Values Of Garlic / 5 Major Reasons Why You Need Daily Exercises / Cure Diverse Terminal Sickness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.