Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. (22847 Views)

EcoBank Sacks 50 Top Managers / What Are The Likely Questions Asked At ARM INVESTMENT Interview And Test? / Wema Bank Pay Package. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by crito(m): 3:43am On Apr 23, 2007
please does any one has info of how much arm investment managers pay corpers in lagos. my brother intends to serve with the coy in batch B, 2007.
Thanks & hoping to get ur response. smiley .
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by manp1: 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2007
our firms pay commission of about N600,000 to marketing executives that hit tagets of N50 million.
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by eko4show(m): 3:39pm On Apr 25, 2007
i just finished an MBA finance & Investment in UK and would be willing to work in a place like ARM. do you have an idea of what the mid-level management role might be
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by bookface: 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2013
crito: please does any one has info of how much arm investment managers pay corpers in lagos. my brother intends to serve with the coy in batch B, 2007.
Thanks & hoping to get ur response. smiley .

@Tanimola is the person to speak to. I'm also interested in this information.
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by tanimola22: 9:36am On Jan 20, 2013
Corpers at ARM are considered as interns and earn anything below NGN120k/month. The salary may be near the 120k mark, or even more, depending on whether the corpers are a JJC in the field of investments or whether they already did something similar in the past and therefore can contribute to the firm, even as corpers.

First year analysts at ARM earn a wage of NGN3.6 Million/year. The company has a bias for recruiting advanced degree holders, with little or no previous finance/investment experience, as first year analysts. The best time to apply for analyst jobs is between December-March. In so doing, you stand a good chance of being invited for chats, assessments and technical interviews.

Finally, information available to me has it that the firm has lost a number of its analysts to other companies or to M7 business schools in the US. You would therefore not be wrong if you guessed that the firm might be looking to hire fresh analysts.

In any case, the firm is good and is one of the decent investment houses to work for in Lagos. AUM is NGN300 Billion; this is commendable by Nigerian standards.

T22

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by bookface: 10:35am On Jan 20, 2013
Thanks for this Tanimola22. Do you have some information about what someone with 3 years experience as an Equity Analyst in a mid size boutique from the US, may expect in this sort of place? i.e in terms of available roles, compensation and the general hiring policies?
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by tanimola22: 9:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
bookface: Thanks for this Tanimola22. Do you have some information about what someone with 3 years experience as an Equity Analyst in a mid size boutique from the US, may expect in this sort of place? i.e in terms of available roles, compensation and the general hiring policies?

Hi,

Nigeria's equity market is really doing well at the moment, people are making millions by the day, capital gains are heading towards two digit figures week-on-week, even foreign based firms are increasingly increasing their positions in African equities, both for diversification and total expected return purposes..Imagine someone entering the market just 3 weeks ago with $20K and exiting with a return on invested capital of $9K, thereby growing his capital to $29K from $20K in less than 1 month.. And this occurred in the same Nigeria where people say there are no investment opportunities

Anyway, to your question, in addition to ARM, the person should also look at Stanbic IBTC Equity, FBN Capital, and the likes. The best sell-side equity research house in Nigeria is Stanbic..Next is FBN, then Renaissance and Vetiva follow as third and fourth.

Roles are available on a rolling basis. CVs/resumes first need to reach hiring managers who may then recommend the candidate for further scrutiny, perhaps a face to face. For candidates having less than 2 years, there is a compulsory entry level GMAT test. However, for those with relevant professional experience of 3 years and above, this requirement may be relaxed.

Compensation is far from what is obtainable in NY. A third year equity analyst at a mid-level boutique in NY can comfortably bring home a yearly total pay of $80k and above. However, that same person can hardly command up to NGN8M ($54K)at ARM. No doubt, compensation at ARM is really good by naija standards, but definitely not what an equity analyst based in Manhattan would term stellar.

Hiring policies tend to favor those who were fully nurtured by the firm or got into the firm as analysts with very little or no experience. Indeed, I am really trying hard to think of an equity analyst there, who was hired as an experienced analyst from elsewhere..None comes to mind at the moment. Nonetheless, I reckon that all companies look favorably at prospective employees with experience from countries with very developed markets.

Do an email. The dude was most recently there before he headed to Penn.

T22
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by bookface: 10:19pm On Jan 20, 2013
Very Informative, thanks for this Tanimola.
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by violent(m): 10:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
Compensation is far from what is obtainable in NY. A third year equity analyst at a mid-level boutique in NY can comfortably bring home a yearly total pay of $80k and above. However, that same person can hardly command up to NGN8M ($54K)at ARM. No doubt, compensation at ARM is really good by naija standards, but definitely not what an equity analyst based in Manhattan would term stellar.

Hi Tanimola,

Does this 8million normally include Bonuses or just base pay? From what i have heard, i'm not sure where, Private Equity firms in Nigeria tend to pay much more than this figure and if I'm not mistaken, Arm Investment Managers do have a huge Private Equity group that compares with the likes of AFC, No?
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by violent(m): 10:43pm On Jan 20, 2013
Nigeria's equity market is really doing well at the moment, people are making millions by the day, capital gains are heading towards two digit figures week-on-week, even foreign based firms are increasingly increasing their positions in African equities, both for diversification and total expected return purposes..Imagine someone entering the market just 3 weeks ago with $20K and exiting with a return on invested capital of $9K, thereby growing his capital to $29K from $20K in less than 1 month.. And this occurred in the same Nigeria where people say there are no investment opportunities

You could have achieved similar returns by investing in [url=http://www.google.com/finance?q=LON%3AFXPO&ei=g1_8UMCIEqGZwQPIoAE]this stock[/url] on the 30th of October last year and sold it in the first week of January this year. Or [url=http://www.google.com/finance?q=LON%3AKAZ&ei=iV_8ULDjLeaCwAOSBg]this stock[/url]. There are many more examples.

Bottom line is: Equity markets Globally have rallied a lot in the past 3 months and the rally continues. Money has continued to flow from fixed income/commodity like products into Equity and the FTSE in January hit its highest level in the last 5 years. What I am saying here is that these sorts of returns are not peculiar to Nigerian space alone, however, Nigerian equity markets are still fraught with a lot of problems including Liquidity risks and Political risks. If i were to be throwing my money into such an environment, i will probably demand more premium than what your pal has made, otherwise, what's the point?
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by tanimola22: 12:16am On Jan 21, 2013
violent:

Hi Tanimola,

Does this 8million normally include Bonuses or just base pay? From what i have heard, i'm not sure where, Private Equity firms in Nigeria tend to pay much more than this figure and if I'm not mistaken, Arm Investment Managers do have a huge Private Equity group that compares with the likes of AFC, No?

Yeah, base pay is less; the figure includes bonuses, but the bonuses can be much higher, depending on how well the analyst performs in the year under review.

PE shops pay well in Nigeria, especially if one is poached from a BB abroad. Yes, ARM has a private equity group which is good to those who are lucky to be there. But the group is not known to recruit heavily, unlike the firm's securities management group.

I agree that the financial climate has been good towards equities. One should enjoy some mad, quick returns before things begin to head southwards.

T22
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by violent(m): 12:35am On Jan 21, 2013
tanimola22:

Yeah, base pay is less; the figure includes bonuses, but the bonuses can be much higher, depending on how well the analyst performs in the year under review.

PE shops pay well in Nigeria, especially if one is poached from a BB abroad. Yes, ARM has a private equity group which is good to those who are lucky to be there. But the group is not known to recruit heavily, unlike the firm's securities management group.

I agree that the financial climate has been good towards equities. One should enjoy some mad, quick returns before things begin to head southwards.

T22

Na wa oh for pay structure in Naija . 8 million is like 32k pounds na? O'boy!!! and that includes Bonus? O'boy! Third year analysts? O'boy!

As for your last bit, well, there's a certain speak around here; Bulls they say, make money, Bears also make money, but it is the destiny of pigs to go to slaughter.

North or South, my friend, home is home cool
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by tanimola22: 9:39am On Jan 21, 2013
violent:

Na wa oh for pay structure in Naija . 8 million is like 32k pounds na? O'boy!!! and that includes Bonus? O'boy! Third year analysts? O'boy!

As for your last bit, well, there's a certain speak around here; Bulls they say, make money, Bears also make money, but it is the destiny of pigs to go to slaughter.

North or South, my friend, home is home 8

Violent, you make me laugh real hard..That 32K Pounds you computed, many 8th year analysts in Nigeria will kill to earn it..There are many 4th year analysts earning a total compensation of 2.5 Million per year. Many of them even believe that they are very well paid. When I came to Nigeria in July, I was privileged to be on the panel that interviewed some people looking to break into one of the boutiques in Nigeria. I was shocked when a guy, who has been working for 3 years for a slightly reputable investment firm in Ikoyi, was asked his total compensation and he responded saying 1.9 Million/year..hahaha. That is less than 10K Pounds per year.

Anyway, analysts should normally not expect to earn the standard investment analyst pay in Nigeria. If they did, they would be shocked!

T22
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by sixteen08(m): 11:47am On Jan 21, 2013
@tanimola22 i sent u an email with an email sixteen08couture@yahoo.com,pls I need your help with some info.
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by lambalamb(m): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
tanimola22:

Violent, you make me laugh real hard..That 32K Pounds you computed, many 8th year analysts in Nigeria will kill to earn it..There are many 4th year analysts earning a total compensation of 2.5 Million per year. Many of them even believe that they are very well paid. When I came to Nigeria in July, I was privileged to be on the panel that interviewed some people looking to break into one of the boutiques in Nigeria. I was shocked when a guy, who has been working for 3 years for a slightly reputable investment firm in Ikoyi, was asked his total compensation and he responded saying 1.9 Million/year..hahaha. That is less than 10K Pounds per year.

Anyway, analysts should normally not expect to earn the standard investment analyst pay in Nigeria. If they did, they would be shocked!

Hi sir, am really sorry for the late in response; it was due some reasons. I sent u a mail yesterday have you checked it?

T22
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by violent(m): 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
tanimola22:

T22

I think on a flip side, those amounts may be reasonable by Nigerian standards, mostly giving that the Equity desks of those firms are not not likely as profitable when compared using a Global Benchmark. The Nigerian stock exchange index is only about 200 or so stocks, composed mostly of Oil and Gas companies. For instance, A 2 billion Naira transaction will probably move the NSE in any direction you wish for it to move, whereas on the LSE or NASDAQ, the same amount will not even be noticed by anyone except you and your broker. In my view, i think there are only limited opportunities for firms to play in such an environment except those who are open to investing internationally. If the firms are not making an equivalence of Western profits then it may be unreasonable to expect them to pay their analysts using a western benchmark.

That asides, i think the substantial difference in the cost of living also compensates for living in the West. A year rent in a decent place in Lagos will probably set you back 800,000 naira. In London, a decent flat will set you back 1000 pounds a month.

1 Like

Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by sixteen08(m): 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
@tanimola22 d only email I got was d mail u responded "okay" and notin yet about d info I requested.....if you didn't see d email with some personal info's cfa n all dat in it,I could resend d mail
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by lambalamb(m): 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
Good day sir, Av sent you an email. Just now

tanimola22:

T22
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2013
I have really learnt enough here....you guys are great!.

Bulls make money, bears also makes money...but it is the destiny of pigs to go to the slaughter.Interesting!

NSE has around 200 stocks...with a 2billion trade, the market could swing...hahaha compared to LSE and NASDAQ whereby only you and the broker would notice such activity...laughing seriously. I have learnt something today.
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by folaschool: 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2013
As a physics student, can i venture as analyst in capital market?
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by dremoney(m): 10:46am On Aug 02, 2013
@Tanimola

Please, kindly send a blank message to this address: damilare31@yahoo.co.uk

I seriously need your help on something.

Thanks!
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by Oziy(f): 10:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
You guys seem vast and knowledgable in this, kudos!
I, on the other hand, am a complete novice in investmant banking (I read Chemical Engineering) but I got invited for an interview by ARM investment managers this Saturday. Is there any hope for me, any advice, suggestions? Thank you. smiley

Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by kelechi01(m): 1:16am On Dec 05, 2013
tanimola22: Corpers at ARM are considered as interns and earn anything below NGN120k/month. The salary may be near the 120k mark, or even more, depending on whether the corpers are a JJC in the field of investments or whether they already did something similar in the past and therefore can contribute to the firm, even as corpers.

First year analysts at ARM earn a wage of NGN3.6 Million/year. The company has a bias for recruiting advanced degree holders, with little or no previous finance/investment experience, as first year analysts. The best time to apply for analyst jobs is between December-March. In so doing, you stand a good chance of being invited for chats, assessments and technical interviews.

Finally, information available to me has it that the firm has lost a number of its analysts to other companies or to M7 business schools in the US. You would therefore not be wrong if you guessed that the firm might be looking to hire fresh analysts.

In any case, the firm is good and is one of the decent investment houses to work for in Lagos. AUM is NGN300 Billion; this is commendable by Nigerian standards.

T22

@tanimola22............got an invite from them as well for Saturday. Do they really pay this much for fresh in-takes?
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by dudubabe: 9:34am On Dec 05, 2013
Oziy: You guys seem vast and knowledgable in this, kudos!
I, on the other hand, am a complete novice in investmant banking (I read Chemical Engineering) but I got invited for an interview by ARM investment managers this Saturday. Is there any hope for me, any advice, suggestions? Thank you. smiley

Got the invite too but am reading other conflicting statements on other pages on nairaland. Regardless anyone with any knowledge of what is expected of us on saturday
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by Davidpedro: 11:57am On Dec 05, 2013
Pls I was called for the same interview frm ARM Buh I dont really knw much abt NSE, is that What ARM is about angry
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by Davidpedro: 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
Pls does any one knw what to expect frm the interview Plssssss
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by askolly(m): 1:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
Pls I was called for the same interview 4rm
ARM Buh I don't really knw much abt it. n wat is full name of ARM self ? Please me by send me answer to dis email ogunleyeabiola13@yahoo.com
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by Hellustic(m): 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
hii,,...
I got the same interview on Saturday too...
pls i dont know the place... who knows the direction if im coming from Oshodi..
and moreover, i read statistics... dont have any knowledge of NSE, only work for an revenue firm as an I.T person
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by xtywhyt(f): 4:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hello,
Please I will like to know more about this ARM Investment Managers. Though i didn't apply but after answering some questions online i got invited for an interview on Saturday. This wouldn't have been so much an issue to me, but I reside in Abuja. Please any full details about this interview, their requirements, remuneration and positions needed would be of great help to me. Thanks and God Bless.
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by Dauncle(m): 4:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
I got d same invite. I am at anambra state, pls does it worth going for d interview at lagos? Pls need ur reply
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by BEDEIKE(m): 9:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
I got d invite too, I'm in imo state, holla me on 08030981802 let's deliberate
Re: Arm Investment Managers Pay Package. by mfonbassey: 11:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
my brother, i am also a corp member in abuja. and i got an invite for the saturday interview. what do you advise i do?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chartered Institute Of Administration (cia) / Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' / IPPIS: Why CBN, NNPC Are Not On Our Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.