Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,991 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom (2630 Views)

Lady Who Campaigned Vigorously For President Tinubu During The Elections Laments / Sanwo-olu Constitutes Four-man Committee On #endsars Report, Vows To Make Outcom / 'Boycott The Platform' Trends To Protest El-Rufai's Inclusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 12, 2019
gidgiddy:
[s]My fellow Igbos, anam ekene unu nile ebe obuna unu no

Nigeria is a situation where passengers of a Bus, with a dead engine, are all fighting over who will be the driver. You can hire the best driver in the world, but without a sound engine, you are going nowhere. Even a bad driver can get you to your destination with a sound engine.

The fact that Atiku wants to be the driver, and has brought a "conductor" called Obi, still does not change the fact that the engine is dead. Buhari is a complete and utter disaster.

That's is why I know that no matter who wins between Buhari and Atiku, nothing is going to change.

We have been voting for 20 years, since 1999 to 2019, and we have become poverty capital of the world. What good has 20 years of voting done us? Yet every 4 years they will come and shout "Voting is your civic duty", "Voting is your power", "vote X because he will be better than Y"

You vote and watch a group of thieves go on a 4 year looting spree, only for the same Hawks to return in 4 years to ask you to repeat the same stupid process again. How many times will it happen before you get wise and opt out?

If Nigerians were serious about Nigeria, they would be far more concerned about addressing the issue of the engine before finding a driver.

There no difference in APC and PDP and Buhari and Atiku are just bad as each other. As we speak, politicians of all shades and colour are strategising on how to rig the coming elections, most of those going out to vote are only there for 'window dressing'

Whether you're an Igbo who wants the engine adressed(restructuring/constitutional change), or one like me that wants to get off the Bus entirely(Referendum/Independence), I urge you to boycott the elections for the following reasons:

1) Voting has not helped anybody in 20 years except looters
2) The very minimum we Igbos should be seeking is either independence or restructuring, not vice-presidency or presidency.
3) PDP/APC, Atiku/Buhari are all disasters. They sre all tried and tested failures that will change nothing no matter who gets elected
4) Osun and Ekiti elections last year is enough to tell any wise person that the elections will be rigged and violence unleashed. Do your self a favour and stay home

Boycott the 2019 elections! Nothing will change no matter who wins or loses! Don't remain the fool who goes to vote every 4 years for the next disaster to come to office [/s]
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 12, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
ewu Gambia.On that day both you and Nnamdi Kanu will be disgraced.The 2019 elections will witness the highest voters turnout in the SE.
you are the Ewu here.

Do you know why you're the Ewu?

Because the op has points. The north always use underage children and imported foreigners from Niger, Chad etc to rig elections. Which is a fraudulent act. The OP has asked people to not get involved in the fraudulent electoral process. But you're abusing him and you're about to get involved in the 419 you call election.

What have you done to address the issue of rigging in this country?

Have you for once protested against this fraud the north always Carry out in elections?

You are the Ewu because you see something that is wrong and fraudulent, but you still involve yourself in it.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Ojiofor: 11:49am On Feb 12, 2019
gidgiddy:

Igbo stake holders? Who can have more stake in Igbo land than the masses?

When did the masses give mandate to anybody to call for election boycott?

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Ojiofor: 11:54am On Feb 12, 2019
nonsobaba:
The Anambra boycott was too small to be noticed but it was just a dress rehearsal to the main event this saturday. This boycott of saturday will get international attention as the whole world will keep their gaze on this country. After the boycott, the UN may just invite Kanu for talks to explain how he was able to command such a high level of apathy and small small Biafra matter don dey world table cool

Your election boycott is going to fail because you and IPOB cannot decide for the Igbo nation without due consultation.

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 12, 2019
psucc:
I can see why the Igbos are the most divisive tribe in nigeria. Even when your own is selected as the VP to be, you are still satisfied with handouts from your oppressors and killers of your brothers to stampede the people to staying indoors so that the votes from the SE can be low to give APC an edge.

Anyway, most of you are not Igbos and are merely posing to be one.
stop being unreasonable. Stop attacking the igbos and address the issue. Is the system working?

Can you restructure or amend the Constitution when the votes of Senate and house of Representatives members of Kano, jigawa and kaduna is enough to cancel any move you make?

Address the issue here. Is he wrong to say that the system (engine) is bad?

If you're traveling from Lagos to Abuja via bus and the engine breaks down, would you change the driver or the engine?

That is what voting means. You're just changing the driver. That is why you're not going anywhere. That is why Nigeria is not going anywhere.
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by PointB: 11:55am On Feb 12, 2019
gidgiddy:
My fellow Igbos, anam ekene unu nile ebe obuna unu no

Nigeria is a situation where passengers of a Bus, with a dead engine, are all fighting over who will be the driver. You can hire the best driver in the world, but without a sound engine, you are going nowhere. Even a bad driver can get you to your destination with a sound engine.

The fact that Atiku wants to be the driver, and has brought a "conductor" called Obi, still does not change the fact that the engine is dead. Buhari is a complete and utter disaster.

That's is why I know that no matter who wins between Buhari and Atiku, nothing is going to change.

We have been voting for 20 years, since 1999 to 2019, and we have become poverty capital of the world. What good has 20 years of voting done us? Yet every 4 years they will come and shout "Voting is your civic duty", "Voting is your power", "vote X because he will be better than Y"

You vote and watch a group of thieves go on a 4 year looting spree, only for the same Hawks to return in 4 years to ask you to repeat the same stupid process again. How many times will it happen before you get wise and opt out?

If Nigerians were serious about Nigeria, they would be far more concerned about addressing the issue of the engine before finding a driver.

There no difference in APC and PDP and Buhari and Atiku are just bad as each other. As we speak, politicians of all shades and colour are strategising on how to rig the coming elections, most of those going out to vote are only there for 'window dressing'

Whether you're an Igbo who wants the engine adressed(restructuring/constitutional change), or one like me that wants to get off the Bus entirely(Referendum/Independence), I urge you to boycott the elections for the following reasons:

1) Voting has not helped anybody in 20 years except looters
2) The very minimum we Igbos should be seeking is either independence or restructuring, not vice-presidency or presidency.
3) PDP/APC, Atiku/Buhari are all disasters. They sre all tried and tested failures that will change nothing no matter who gets elected
4) Osun and Ekiti elections last year is enough to tell any wise person that the elections will be rigged and violence unleashed. Do your self a favour and stay home

Boycott the 2019 elections! Nothing will change no matter who wins or loses! Don't remain the fool who goes to vote every 4 years for the next disaster to come to office

So after boycotting the election, what next?

Is there a grand plan? Or the boycott is just an end by itself?

3 Likes

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by PointB: 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2019
gidgiddy:

Election boycott is part of the many things to be done to achieve independence. When the majority of an area decide not to participate in elections through boycott, it is a strong signal to the local and International community that they want their freedom

If you boycott election in Nigeria, someone will use your 'pvc' to vote. In the end, the boycott will be redundant.

IPOB should form a political party and push their agenda in through partisan politics.

2 Likes

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 12, 2019
PointB:

So after boycotting the election, what next?

Is there a grand plan? Or the boycott is just an end by itself?
Boycotting the election will start a chain reaction that will lead to a revolution in this country.
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2019
PointB:

If you boycott election in Nigeria, someone will use your 'pvc' to vote. In the end, the boycott will be redundant.

IPOB should form a political party and push their agenda in through partisan politics.

IPOB cannot achieve anything with this fraudulent 1999 constitution. To do anything, we have to use this same fraudulent 1999 constitution To amend the Constitution... .. And we have don't the numbers in the legislature to amend the Constitution. Partisan politics cannot work. APGA has tried and failed.
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Notasyouthink: 12:07pm On Feb 12, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
ewu Gambia.On that day both you and Nnamdi Kanu will be disgraced.The 2019 elections will witness the highest voters turnout in the SE.
A typical case of if wishes were horses.

Trash!!

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by globemoney: 12:09pm On Feb 12, 2019
highcollide:
you are the Ewu here.

Do you know why you're the Ewu?

Because the op has points. The north always use underage children and imported foreigners from Niger, Chad etc to rig elections. Which is a fraudulent act. The OP has asked people to not get involved in the fraudulent electoral process. But you're abusing him and you're about to get involved in the 419 you call election.

What have you done to address the issue of rigging in this country?

Have you for once protested against this fraud the north always Carry out in elections?

You are the Ewu because you see something that is wrong and fraudulent, but you still involve yourself in it.

Thank you!
why are you wasting your time with pdp rats who are hungry and only after their stomach. In reality, they are not on ground in SE

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 12, 2019
globemoney:

why are you wasting your time with pdp rats who are hungry and only after their stomach. In reality, they are not on ground in SE
my brother, this people are a very unreasonable set of people.
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by gidgiddy: 12:13pm On Feb 12, 2019
nonsobaba:
I have been watching you to see whether you will betray Kanu and Biafra for a mess of porridge like many shameless Igbos are doing, luckily for Kanu he still has someone loyal to the cause cool

Nnamdi Kanu is not the focus of attention. The important thing to me is the freedom of Igbo land as an independent country from the British made disaster called Nigeria.

It just so happens that I agree with a lot of things Kanu says. If the Igbos do not get their freedom, if they like the can vote from now to the year 3000, they will not get anywhere.
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Ojiofor: 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2019
PointB:

Gbam!
How can they achieve Biafra when they can't make their votes count in their own territory first.

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by PointB: 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2019
highcollide:
Boycotting the election will start a chain reaction that will lead to a revolution in this country.

It's rather too late now to campaign for boycott. You boycott, you loose both ways.

A better strategy is to help a moderate win the election and then take it up from there.

A baby step forward is better than stagnation or backward movement.

Restructuring is better than a thousand meaningless boycotts.

3 Likes

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by globemoney: 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2019
highcollide:
Just wait for their Uturn after Saturday grin grin
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by globemoney: 12:17pm On Feb 12, 2019
Ojiofor:

Your election boycott is going to fail because you and IPOB cannot decide for the Igbo nation without due consultation.
You also cannot decide for igbos so go and vote in peace and leave those that dont want to
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by PointB: 12:23pm On Feb 12, 2019
highcollide:

highcollide:

It's a wrong premise to start by calling your 'people' unreasonable. That you can't convince them to your way of thinking doesn't make them unreasonable. You sir, don't have monopoly of wisdom.

Personally, I don't think boycott will work at this time. IPOB has not been able to provide the people (on ground) with solid intellectual reason and comprehensive roadmap to achieving "freedom" for us. IPOB record is not compelling, if it was, it won't be hard to convince people to follow them.

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Ojiofor: 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2019
globemoney:

You also cannot decide for igbos so go and vote in peace and leave those that dont want to

I am not threatening anyone rather it's IPOB that is going about harassing people on their No referendum No election campaign and destroying billboard as shown in Onitsha.

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by PointB: 12:27pm On Feb 12, 2019
gidgiddy:

Nnamdi Kanu is not the focus of attention. The important thing to me is the freedom of Igbo land as an independent country from the British made disaster called Nigeria.

It just so happens that I agree with a lot of things Kanu says. If the Igbos do not get their freedom, if they like the can vote from now to the year 3000, they will not get anywhere.

You are right.

Igbo need to be free from the enclave called Nigeria. But I think more thought and planning need to go into it; and elites need to be carried along in the process. Knee jerk, ad hoc, impromptu calls every now and then by IPOB, nay Nnamdi Kanu, will not cut it.

I'm sure we are smart enough to know a workable plan. Without such framework, only few will follow Kanu's shifting agenda and methodology. We need proper plan; enough with the improvisation.
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 12, 2019
PointB:

It's rather too late now to campaign for boycott. You boycott, you loose both ways.

A better strategy is to help a moderate win the election and then take it up from there.

A baby step forward is better than stagnation or backward movement.

Restructuring is better than a thousand meaningless boycotts.
you do not have the number to restructure this country. Why is it so difficult for you to understand?

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Ojiofor: 12:30pm On Feb 12, 2019
highcollide:
IPOB cannot achieve anything with this fraudulent 1999 constitution. To do anything, we have to use this same fraudulent 1999 constitution To amend the Constitution... .. And we have don't the numbers in the legislature to amend the Constitution. Partisan politics cannot work. APGA has tried and failed.

So boycotting election is the only option left, why not pick gun and force Nigeria government to grant your wishes?
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2019
Nnamdi Kanu is no James Bond

He was released by the FG of Nigeria in order to use him to induce voter apathy in the south east

Nnamdi Kanu has been bought by Buhari

Igbos must disregard the fool!
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by PointB: 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2019
highcollide:
you do not have the number to restructure this country. Why is it so difficult for you to understand?

Then we are doomed. Cos we also don't have the number to break free by ourself.

Whether we are breaking free or restructuring, the numbers will be needed.

So best we work on the number.

Everyone segment of Nigeria need something; give it to them. Make friends, get the numbers or we keep complaining.

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by PointB: 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2019
krendo:

He was released by the FG of Nigeria in order to use him to induce voter apathy in the south east

We don't know for sure whether he was bought or if he was a smart as he claimed in escaping. But one thing for sure, we can't depend on one man's whims and caprices. We are a big and proud nation of capable people.

2 Likes

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2019
krendo:

[s]He was released by the FG of Nigeria in order to use him to induce voter apathy in the south east[/s]

where is evidence that he was caught by the Nigerian army in the python dance?

Where is evidence that he was released by the FG?

Provide evidence for your claims or you're one noise making pdp miscreant.
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by OliverThambo98: 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2019
krendo:

Kanu is a lunatic.

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 12, 2019
PointB:

Then we are doomed. Cos we also don't have the number to break free by ourself.

Whether we are breaking free or restructuring, the numbers will be needed.

So best we work on the number.

Everyone segment of Nigeria need something; give it to them. Make friends, get the numbers or we keep complaining.

we are not doomed. Igbos will survive no matter the circumstances. We will just not partake in the 419 they call election.
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Ziggylady(f): 12:44pm On Feb 12, 2019
gidgiddy:

This "I surrender" mentality might ride with Yorubas, it won't ride with us Igbo! Chukwu ekwe kwa na ihe ojor! The politics of Nigeria is not yet developed enough to enter politics to make a difference. The only thing that can make a difference is "people's power". Why do you think the federal Government sent Soldiers after Nnamdi Kanu despite the fact that he was unarmed and killed nobody, but left those like killer Herdsmen to massacre people?

Because Kanu had something stronger than the Herdsmans AK47. He had the people on his side. Kanu did not need to spend millions on crowd renting like all politicians are currently doing, he did not need to kill anyone to enforce a sit at home order.

If the people of Nigeria all boycott the coming elections, you will see politicians run around to make restructuring happen. But I can only speak for my own tribe as an Igbo man. Voting has done us no good in Nigeria, it is now time to send a message to the world that we shall no longer be part of the political process of Nigeria that only puts charlatans in power to enrich themselves at the expense of everybody

It is IPOB who is doing "i surrender" mentality to be honest...Deciding to sit around sulking in one corner is a sign of surrender...You have clearly given up on yourselves as well as your abilites to do anything.

We are talking seccesion here which is serious business,no one is going to pander to your whims and caprices without serious fights from you,by fights i mean military strenght...I am using the "you" here cos i think this boycott strategy by IPOB in an uncivilised country like Nigeria is the lamest of lames and millions of Igbos are not a part it and that includes me..

We have asked you lots several times how the boycott will achieve referendum or Biafra,but so far none of you has been able to tell anyone anything ecept shreiking "boycot" and arguing blindly,unreasonably and beating around the bush.

You boycotted census conting in Abia state what happened?...the few who came out were counted as the numbers for the whole state..you and i know the consequences of that.

You boycotted Anambra State elections,Obiano a stauch IPOB-hater won and went ahead to rule you all till today while Osita Chidoka who was sympathetic to the Biafran cause lost out

No one can conduct any damn referendum because it is unconstitutional!!...for the last time,since you do not have the military might to have your way,be part of the political process and gradually and smartly insert the referendum clause into the constitution.

This will ofcourse take time,critical reasoning careful strategy to get the needed numbers,all of which IPOB seriously lacks at the moment
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Iamgrey5(m): 12:54pm On Feb 12, 2019
cheesy grin
The Ziggylady I know who you are
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Ziggylady(f): 12:56pm On Feb 12, 2019
Iamgrey5:
cheesy grin

The Ziggylady I know who you are

So what?..

attention-seeker,abeg shift!
Re: My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom by Iamgrey5(m): 12:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
Ziggylady:

So what?..

attention-seeker,abeg shift!
I don't seek attention like you

I don't comment all the front pages of Nairaland

And most times you type trash as usual grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This The End Of Buhari, Atiku Cuts Buhari/apc Victory Short / Breaking : list of governors to be arrested immediately their immunity expires / Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Threatens To Crumble Nigeria, Alleges Aso Rock In ‘turmoil’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.