Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore (35889 Views)

Retired Justice Ahmad Olanrewaju Belgore Is Dead / Alfa Belgore & P&ID: Who Is Salihu Modibbo Alfa Belgore? / Buhari’s Award Of GCFR To M.K.O Abiola Illegal — Ex-cjn Belgore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by maasoap(m): 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
You didn't take the money but signed for it. Funny fvcking criminal

1 Like

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Isoduwa(m): 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
Since you nor carry the money with your jeep Cherokee na who come carry am with tipper jeep
Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Afamed: 4:00pm On Feb 12, 2019
These are the crooks planning to come back to power again. It shall not well for those campaigning for PDP to regain power again.

5 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by fajedem(m): 4:04pm On Feb 12, 2019
You signed for money you didn't collect.Just keep deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 12, 2019
maasoap:
You didn't take the money but signed for it. Funny fvcking criminal

And he is not only a lawyer, but a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN).... What a defence?....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 12, 2019
GEJ is the hero of democracy indeed.

Yet, he is just a learner when it comes to Atiku.

Is it possible to be a top customs officer and not have a PhD in corruption?

6 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Clementz0(m): 4:06pm On Feb 12, 2019
diadem10:
One of our yam thieves under the lord of thieves himself Jonathan.

Despite Buhari administration earning 60% less yet he's come up with plenty projects such as

Our railways at itakpewarri, Lagos-ibadan, kaduna-abuja etc,

The production of low cost fertilizers,

Zik maoseleum

Baro inland port,

Rice mills,

Foreign reserve increase from #26b to #43b,

Construction of our express highways such as enuguonitsha, Lagos-ibadan etc.

Social policy schemes such as tradermoni, npower etc

And most especially, stabilizing us through this recession which happened because jonathan failed to save despite earning 60% more than Buhari coupled with the fall in the price of crude oil from #110 per barrel in 5 years under Jonathan to a paltry #50 per barrel under Buhari administration yet Buhari was able to keep us afloat while having many projects to his name thereby surprising Ngozi Iweala and Charles Soludo who predicted recession because jonathan failed to save during the time of plentiful.

Sai Baba. PDP, Neva again
u actually spoke some truth but my fear is buhari agenda to islamize the country which I don't like
Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by BCISLTD: 4:14pm On Feb 12, 2019
snrman:
And people still want to vote pdp in shocked 450m

that's for one state...multiply by 36

4 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Afamed: 4:15pm On Feb 12, 2019
Clementz0:
u actually spoke some truth but my fear is buhari agenda to islamize the country which I don't like
You still believe this Islamization agenda after they manipulated you 4years ago with the same Islamization National Anthem?

10 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Herkim(m): 4:15pm On Feb 12, 2019
Can't you use your brain?

Buhari want to islamize Nigeria how? Lies and propagada from the opposition parties.

Amend your ways and be guided . Always seek the truth. It's only the truth can set you free.

Clementz0:

8 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by LINTUNE(m): 4:15pm On Feb 12, 2019
grin
Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by falopey: 4:16pm On Feb 12, 2019
BETPAWA:
When the mentions mullion and I check my account balance. To cry dey always hungry me.
To cry dey hungry you eh? You need some bulala. Go meet aboki for gate. Make him wire you some bulala.
Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by RoyalUc(m): 4:16pm On Feb 12, 2019
This is not fair o!

Funny how most Nigerians still support this people

4 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by wink2015(m): 4:16pm On Feb 12, 2019
LocalChamp:
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKFEB 11, 2019

Dele Belgore, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), has debunked the allegation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that he laundered the sum of N450million in 2015.

The EFCC is prosecuting him before the Federal High Court in Lagos for allegedly benefiting N450million from the sum of $115.01million, which Diezani Alison-Madueke, a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, allegedly doled out to influence the 2015 elections.

The EFCC said Belgore, alongside a former Minister of National Planning, Professor Abubakar Sulaiman, went to a branch of Fidelity Bank in Ilorin on March 26, 2015, to sign for and collect the N450million cash.

However, while testifying in his defence on Monday, Belgore admitted being invited by the bank manager on March 26, 2015, to take delivery of the N450million cash, but said he left the bank without the money.

The SAN, who said he was the Kwara State Coordinator of then President Goodluck Jonathan reelection campaign, said he did not collect the N450million because on getting to the bank, he realised that the money was too huge for his Toyota Prado jeep.

Belgore said: “I indicated to PW1 (bank manager) that I could not collect the money and I gave two reasons. First, I said this money was coming two days before the election; all the stakeholders and party members were aware of the arrival of the money and therefore, I did not consider it safe to move such a huge amount of money out of the bank in the middle of the night.

“The second reason was that I did not come prepared to receive and take away such a large amount of money, as I came only in my vehicle, a Toyota Prado jeep.

“As I said earlier, the heap of cash that I saw in the bank’s loading bay was at least three to four feet high. So, I told PW1 that if it took a bullion van to transport the cash from the Central Bank of Nigeria to Fidelity Bank, there was no way I would be able to evacuate those funds with my Toyota Prado.”

Belgore said following a long argument between him, Suleiman and the bank manager, the bank manager told them to sign for the money and agreed to keep the money in the bank’s vault.

“After signing the document, I left the bank without the money. I did not take a penny out of the bank; I left the bank empty-handed,” he said.

Justice Rilwan Aikawa adjourned further proceedings till February 28, 2019, at the instance of Ebun Shofunde (SAN), Belgore’s lawyer, who said he needed time to preview the CCTV footage of the events that took place within the banking hall on March 26, 2015, when Belgore and Suleiman visited.

In the charges against them, the EFCC insisted that Belgore and Suleiman received N450million from Diezani and laundered same.

The anti-graft agency said they ought to have “reasonably known” that the N450million was part of proceeds of unlawful activities, adding that they handled the money without going through any financial institution, contrary to the provisions of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act.

The duo pleaded not guilty to the charges.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/11/i-couldnt-take-diezanis-n450m-because-it-was-too-huge-my-jeep-says-belgore#disqus_thread

The testimony of the corrupt men that destroyed Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 12, 2019
PraiseClef:
Our mumu don do for this country
God teleport me go Shanghai

You like better thing o..
Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by diadem10: 4:17pm On Feb 12, 2019
Clementz0:

There's nothing like "islamisation". All these bokoharam and herdsmen don't want to know if you're Muslim or Christian before they kill. All they want is amassing lands for themselves. The igala that were killed by the herdsmen in kogi were Muslims. Same also in zamfara etc.

The only problem I have is that Buhari is a bit sympathetic towards the herdsmen because he's also cattle rearer like them, even Atiku is no different. Atiku is also sympathetic towards the herdsmen as he said many times that the cause of farmer and herdsmen clashes is due to the farmers erasing old farming grazing route. In fact, Atiku is the largest cattle rearer in the North as well as having herdsmen
who patrols them around.

Buhari is far better than Atiku.

2 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by mourinhodaboss: 4:21pm On Feb 12, 2019
Mumu never hear of wire transfer?
LocalChamp:
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKFEB 11, 2019

Dele Belgore, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), has debunked the allegation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that he laundered the sum of N450million in 2015.

The EFCC is prosecuting him before the Federal High Court in Lagos for allegedly benefiting N450million from the sum of $115.01million, which Diezani Alison-Madueke, a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, allegedly doled out to influence the 2015 elections.

The EFCC said Belgore, alongside a former Minister of National Planning, Professor Abubakar Sulaiman, went to a branch of Fidelity Bank in Ilorin on March 26, 2015, to sign for and collect the N450million cash.

However, while testifying in his defence on Monday, Belgore admitted being invited by the bank manager on March 26, 2015, to take delivery of the N450million cash, but said he left the bank without the money.

The SAN, who said he was the Kwara State Coordinator of then President Goodluck Jonathan reelection campaign, said he did not collect the N450million because on getting to the bank, he realised that the money was too huge for his Toyota Prado jeep.

Belgore said: “I indicated to PW1 (bank manager) that I could not collect the money and I gave two reasons. First, I said this money was coming two days before the election; all the stakeholders and party members were aware of the arrival of the money and therefore, I did not consider it safe to move such a huge amount of money out of the bank in the middle of the night.

“The second reason was that I did not come prepared to receive and take away such a large amount of money, as I came only in my vehicle, a Toyota Prado jeep.

“As I said earlier, the heap of cash that I saw in the bank’s loading bay was at least three to four feet high. So, I told PW1 that if it took a bullion van to transport the cash from the Central Bank of Nigeria to Fidelity Bank, there was no way I would be able to evacuate those funds with my Toyota Prado.”

Belgore said following a long argument between him, Suleiman and the bank manager, the bank manager told them to sign for the money and agreed to keep the money in the bank’s vault.

“After signing the document, I left the bank without the money. I did not take a penny out of the bank; I left the bank empty-handed,” he said.

Justice Rilwan Aikawa adjourned further proceedings till February 28, 2019, at the instance of Ebun Shofunde (SAN), Belgore’s lawyer, who said he needed time to preview the CCTV footage of the events that took place within the banking hall on March 26, 2015, when Belgore and Suleiman visited.

In the charges against them, the EFCC insisted that Belgore and Suleiman received N450million from Diezani and laundered same.

The anti-graft agency said they ought to have “reasonably known” that the N450million was part of proceeds of unlawful activities, adding that they handled the money without going through any financial institution, contrary to the provisions of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act.

The duo pleaded not guilty to the charges.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/11/i-couldnt-take-diezanis-n450m-because-it-was-too-huge-my-jeep-says-belgore#disqus_thread
Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by bkool7(m): 4:23pm On Feb 12, 2019
udemzyudex:
How much did they pay for this idiot to come out and say trash.

You couldn't take #450m cos it was too heavy for your jeep, say that to the gods.

1 Like

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by GenFunction: 4:23pm On Feb 12, 2019
but if say him carry tipper or bigger vehicle perhaps he wud have taken the money abi

1 Like

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by BillgatesMaigad(m): 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2019
The Singular act that Jonathan conceded defeat and refused to plunge this country into another civil war, heaven must have forgiven him for his ugly financial did by sharing our yams.

For accepting defeat alone!
And handing over power to buhari peacefully, all his sins have been forgiven.

Most of you don't know what that man did
Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by Timfreds(m): 4:30pm On Feb 12, 2019
About N1 bn was spent by APC last week for Kàno rally. Some persons got more than 450m as their share. A time is coming they will account for it.
Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by 13october: 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2019
udemzyudex:
How much did they pay for this idiot to come out and say trash.

You couldn't take #450m cos it was too heavy for your jeep, say that to the gods.
13october not heavy huge mean big it need more space. I know you will not believe bcoz it has to do with your origin.
Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by kayusely70(m): 4:39pm On Feb 12, 2019
You signed for an item but you didn't collect it? A whole SAN? Hmmmm I dey laugh o!

2 Likes

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by 46O1CE: 4:44pm On Feb 12, 2019
BillgatesMaigad:
The Singular act that Jonathan conceded defeat and refused to plunge this country into another civil war, heaven must have forgiven him for his ugly financial did by sharing our yams.

For accepting defeat alone!
And handing over power to buhari peacefully, all his sins have been forgiven.

Most of you don't know what that man did
You’re saying nonsense
Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by baratech: 4:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
You are still guilty of conspiracy to defraud Nigeria... You should rot in jail.... Enough of the stealing...

1 Like

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by seguntijan(m): 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2019
Clementz0:

At least he has spent almost 4 years, mention one Christian that he forced to accept Islam. Also how far has he gone in actualizing it?

1 Like

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by MollyBank: 5:17pm On Feb 12, 2019
Diezieni will surely come back when his masters, Atikuloot and cohorts get in.
Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by bizzibodi(m): 5:17pm On Feb 12, 2019
PDP are d reason why our economy is bad,imagine those thieves want to come back,THUNDER FIRE ATIKU & OBI!!
Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by danchi2019(m): 5:18pm On Feb 12, 2019
the judge self will be like is this 4 real

1 Like

Re: I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore by bizzibodi(m): 5:22pm On Feb 12, 2019
To be a SAN in Nigeria means to be a lifetime member of Corruption club inc.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Replaces Stamp Duty With N50 Electronic Transfer Levy / Zuckerberg: I Have 11 Facebook Accounts Abike Dabiri Tells Mark Pix / How Boko Haram Is Funded – United Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.