Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App (4831 Views)

Suggest A Mobile App That Has Been Helpful To You / At What Age Should A Child Be Allowed To Have A Mobile Phone With Internet? / A Nairalander Built A Mobile Phone Charger (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by Revolva(m): 4:26pm On Feb 12, 2019
Today, almost everyone owns a smartphone because it is very much affordable. According to the Jumia Nigeria Mobile Report, in 2014, phones sold on Jumia have priced an average of $216 and by 2017 this price had gone down to $100. In Africa, the price dipped from $165 to $96 in the same period.

Hence, it is no surprise that mobile penetration increased from 53% in 2016 to 84% in 2018.

These amazing numbers have left companies with no choice than to build a mobile app for their businesses. Mobile apps are considered to be one of the most powerful tools for contacting the target audience in terms of business. So, are you still thinking about whether to create a mobile app? Here, we will discuss the reasons why your business needs a mobile app.

Sales growth

If you intend to improve sales and turnover, you should build a mobile app. Additionally, you can direct your customers to the app with certain incentives like getting vouchers and discounts off their orders. This will no doubt encourage your shoppers or customers to download and actually use their mobile app. It can be quite a significant increase depending on how large the audience is.

Audience building

You can establish relationships with your customers no matter where they are in the world. A person does not need to remember your web address or refer to a search engine, as in the case of a site, since the app is already installed on their device. Depending on the functionality, one can even use it without access to the Internet.

A valuable source of data

By utilizing a mobile app, you can collect a lot of useful information for further analysis. For instance, you can learn which products your customers buy the most. As well as, how much time they spend on the app. Or even, which functions are the most used and which are the least popular?

Stand out from the competition

These days mobile apps at the small business level are still rare, and this is where you can take a big leap ahead of your competitors. You should take the lead by offering a mobile app to your customers. They’ll be astonished by your forward-thinking approach!

Improve customer engagement

No matter what you are selling, your customers need a way to reach you. Having a messaging (or help desk) feature within your app can really make a difference in the way you communicate with your customers. This feature will really help improve customer engagement.

http://giditechlab.com/reasons-why-your-business-needs-a-mobile-app/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by tgmservice: 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2019
First time ever FTC on Nairaland

Join me to celebrate

3 Likes

Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by Dandsome: 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2019
Okay
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by godwinstringed1(m): 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2019
cheesy
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by freemanbubble: 5:02pm On Feb 12, 2019
Okay
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by Kingspin(m): 5:02pm On Feb 12, 2019
The world is fast moving electronic, in fact in near future 90 percent of goods and services will be carried online, this is the future.

This is a huge game-changer and trending elsewhere in the world except in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by letout: 5:03pm On Feb 12, 2019
Hmmm I believe most of these FP topics aren’t randomly selected. I guess I’ll be blocked after posting this but .... who cares
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by citizen202(m): 5:03pm On Feb 12, 2019
do u build apps

1 Like

Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by promisechris63(m): 5:06pm On Feb 12, 2019
Please how can I get someone who builds mobile App..
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by rentAcock(m): 5:08pm On Feb 12, 2019
All lies. I've noticed that just about every site and everyone wants you to download their stupid app. I mean how many apps can someone possibly have before their phone crashes? I have so many useless apps on my phone I don't even use, yet every stupid sites, companies etc keeps asking you to download their app. All these apps do is slow your phone, drain your battery, eavesdrop on your texts, calls, pictures and track your location. Op is obviously an app creator looking for customers.

4 Likes

Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by kwhiz(m): 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2019
promisechris63:
contact me
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by hadelany(m): 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2019
tgmservice:
First time ever FTC on Nairaland

Join me to celebrate

Ode like you
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by Deicide: 5:12pm On Feb 12, 2019
letout:
Hmmm I believe most of these FP topics aren’t randomly selected. I guess I’ll be blocked after posting this but .... who cares
Abi them day sort mod? grin
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by akinwun(m): 5:17pm On Feb 12, 2019
To build your mobile app in android and iOS, WhatsApp 07030790078
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by akinwun(m): 5:17pm On Feb 12, 2019
kwhiz:
contact me
To build your mobile app in android and iOS, WhatsApp 07030790078
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by bluefilm: 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2019
Nonsense. undecided
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by NotComplaining: 5:34pm On Feb 12, 2019
Youre talking apps in a country where people stuff peppers down vaginas
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by fejofibegi: 5:35pm On Feb 12, 2019
THIS IS GRAND-MASTER GRAPHICS DESIGN TRAINING LIKE YOU NEVER HAD BEFORE – NO THEORY. NO BULLSHITS. 100% PRACTICAL TO MAKE YOU A PRO THIS YEAR IN 4 WEEKS!

Thanks to social media and the app-store economy, design skills are more valuable than ever.
Are you interested in learning more about how to communicate your creative ideas in a way that will capture the attention of your audience? THEN THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU!

This training takes you from Design novice to professional creative through intensive practical training.

WHAT YOU WOULD MASTER AFTER THIS 4 WEEKS PRACTICAL-DRIVEN TRAINING

The Breakdown of Curriculum that covers EVERYTHING you would practically learn during the training period can be obtained on the website link in banner or better still reach our customer care to request for curriculum sent to you via email

FEES: N28,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: Monday, 18th FEBRUARY of 2019

TIME: (10am – 2pm) – Time subject to changes for flexibility

PERIOD: 4 Weeks Marathon Training (Weekends and 3 times a Week training also available but with higher charges)

CERTIFICATION: Certificates issued At End of Training at a little extra cost

VENUE: IKEJA LAGOS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2019
Websites are better than mobile apps for businesses
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by baratech: 5:47pm On Feb 12, 2019
citizen202:
do u build apps

Yes I do... Hit me up on whatsapp or call 08117506291
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by baratech: 5:49pm On Feb 12, 2019
promisechris63:

I develop mobile apps.. IOS and Android...

Call or whatsapp us on 08117506291
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by macho44(m): 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2019
citizen202:
do u build apps
I do
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by GREATESTPIANIST: 6:54pm On Feb 12, 2019
letout:
I care, on a more serious note, I believe e-stuff is taking over, let's be ICT smarter....
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by eph12(m): 7:17pm On Feb 12, 2019
I don't even understand the craze for mobile apps. I mean how many apps can one install in his/her phone?
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by AnkaraPrincess(f): 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2019
contact donald3d here on nairaland.
he's very good... helping me to handle some websites and App and I am thankful for his honesty.
you will be glad you did
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by Ejadike(m): 4:38am On Feb 13, 2019
Before you create a mobile app, you need to establish a name and a market. You can't just put an app out there when you've not gotten a name and expect sales, Never!.
Re: Why Your Business Needs A Mobile App by letout: 10:36am On Feb 16, 2019
Deicide:
Abi them day sort mod? grin

Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help, Does Anyone Here Know How To Convert A Jpeg File With .DM Extension / How To Save Any Webpage As Pdf On Pc And Smartphone / See What The First Made-in-africa Smartphone Looks Like (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.