Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

How To Overcome Miscarriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Overcome Miscarriage (2852 Views)

How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? / Losing A Baby – Things I’ve Learned About Miscarriage / Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Overcome Miscarriage by zionjewel: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2010
is there any way to prevent miscarriage? my friend has had two miscarriages in eight months! just about the 7th to 8th week of gestation. there is no case of miscarriage in her family so i dont think its hereditory. no ectopic pregnancy detected. pls gyneacologists/obs in the house help me out!
Re: How To Overcome Miscarriage by mutter(f): 3:57pm On Aug 23, 2010
This sometimes happens for no obvious reason at this stage of the pregnancy.
After having pregnancies without problem, i suddenly had three missed abortions one after the other all between the 7and 10 months. In my case I did not even notice that the featus had died off because there was no bleeding. The doctor noticed it in the scan. It always came as a shock and I had to have a d and c each time it was depressing.
Anyway after that I went on to have healthy pregnancies.
Then my doctor put me on mini aspirins to help the blood circulation. I found that weird and did not take them regularly.
After that I still went on to have uncomplicated pregnanies.
Re: How To Overcome Miscarriage by Outstrip(f): 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2010
Sometimes it just happrens and the fetus aborts itself. Look through the health section. There is a thread about this and I remember that some women gave some very helpful hints.
Re: How To Overcome Miscarriage by Akinagirl(f): 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2010
There is really nothing you can do to prevent a miscarriage. I had one about 2 years ago before my second month. However women tend to have more miscarriage if they get pregnant back to back and not allow their bodies to heal properly. I am now pregnant again with my second pregnancy 2 years later. I am now in my 15th week. NO miscarriage yet. However after the first trimester the probability of having a miscarriage decreases but its not secure. Some women go on to having miscarriages even up to 6 months. All I can say to limit the risk of miscarriage is to visit the ob/gyn often. Take your prenatal vitamins and go for your prenatal check ups.
Re: How To Overcome Miscarriage by mutter(f): 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2010
Akinagirl
Have faith in God he will see you through.
I wish you all the best.
Re: How To Overcome Miscarriage by polosco(m): 12:49am On Aug 24, 2010
Some times it can be spiritual, my wife had one after our second child, and took in again and almost had a second one but i stood on God's word declaring that I will not labour in vain and the baby stayed though she saw blood for close to 4 or 5 days. Also medics says there is likelihood of re-occurrence after someone had suffer a first miscarriage, so one may need to take proper care and caution and be spiritually vigilant when in pregnancy. It shall be well with her in Jesus name. Let her see her OB/gyny too and also rest adequately when pregnancy is noticed.
Re: How To Overcome Miscarriage by ada24: 4:52am On Aug 24, 2010
spiritual - ummm so what is the reason for the non-nigerians that have miscarriage?

there are a number of (medical) reasons that are backed up by medical proffessionals such as,

Genetic, Hormonal, Structural, Blood clotting disorders and Infections.

Not that I will question anyone's belief system but this is part of the problem in Nigeria - instead of seeking medical aid people go to pastors when really it is a medical problem that can be sorted out with the right treatment and careful monitoring
Re: How To Overcome Miscarriage by Akinagirl(f): 7:50am On Aug 24, 2010
Thank you Mutter. smiley
Re: How To Overcome Miscarriage by polosco(m): 9:12pm On Aug 24, 2010
ada24:

spiritual - ummm so what is the reason for the non-nigerians that have miscarriage?

there are a number of (medical) reasons that are backed up by medical proffessionals such as,

Genetic, Hormonal, Structural, Blood clotting disorders and Infections.

Not that I will question anyone's belief system but this is part of the problem in Nigeria - instead of seeking medical aid people go to pastors when really it is a medical problem that can be sorted out with the right treatment and careful monitoring

My sister, there is always a name to every problem of man but if you look deep down there is a spiritual undertone, don't you know that the devil fights anything that is of God in every way possible, he will hide and pretend not to be there at all so as not to be attacked, but underground he will be working. If he can make one to believe he is never responsible then he has succeeded. Though not all problems are backed by the devil and that is why i still suggested visiting medics but let's make our arsenal strong and also follow up with the physical if need be. Thanks
Re: How To Overcome Miscarriage by zionjewel: 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2010
well thanks for all the advices so far. i believe the ladies in the house understand cos its really not easy on her now at all. believing God for a successful outcome in the next one.

(1) (Reply)

Being A Parent Should Have Been An Earned Privilege. / What Seemingly Opposing Charateristics Do You Want In A Lover (life/movies) / I Came Back After 25 Years Abroad And All My Life Savings Becomes A STORY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.