Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

$16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari (51851 Views)

Yoruba Have No Lands For Cattle Colony - Obasanjo Replies Presidency / Lauretta Onochie: Apostle Suleman's Omega Fire Ministries Replies Buhari's Aide / Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by kokomilala(m): 1:03pm On Feb 13, 2019
@sureheaven,you have a poor understanding of tbe whole thing.$16 billion Dollars is just like a drop in an ocean.For Nigeria to have a steady power supply,about $300 billion Dollars will be needed. And govt doesn't have the money. It's investors that can bite the bullet and invest heavily in the sector.
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by RoyalUc(m): 1:05pm On Feb 13, 2019
cobsol:

You did your study? See afo nshi

;DFlower like you! You afo akpu... no, abacha grin

Please go and download that document I talked about and read.

It's in the public domain and it's your place as a responsible/patriotic Nigerian to know
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by Konquest: 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2019

Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by sucess001(m): 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2019
“If he cannot read the three-volume book, he should detail his aides to do so and summarise the chapters in a language that he will easily understand.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2019
OBJ should just keep quiet, he thinks he can bluff his way with a silly excuse of a supposed report and clearance by the senate; the said senate which he had in his pocket and whose leadership he could change at will (at least twice); OBJ was a powerful democratic dictator at his time, he could have directed the outcome of such report in his favour.

Anyone with common sense would know that the figure $16B against what was on the ground don't simply add up - there is a big chunk of light still missing.

He should just let PMB set up his own independent investigation for the real truth to come out - I doubt if he would come out smelling like roses.
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by sucess001(m): 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2019
positivelord:

“If he cannot read the three-volume book, he should detail his aides to do so and summarise the chapters in a language that he will easily understand.

As in....finish him!!!!

1 Like

Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2019
subabson:

Sir, please kindly tell us where you got your figures.
Also, reminisce and think deeply about saying Buhari hasn't added a watt to power generation.
The reason is you are what you say and if I should judge you based on that, I will say you are more than just a f**l.
Why? Why? Why?
Must you comment on what you don't know?

I'm not surprised , your brain is not expected to be different from the person you support, brain- dead people everywhere .

1 Like

Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by lereinter(m): 1:37pm On Feb 13, 2019
Imortal001:
OBJ na baban barawo

What was OBJ in 2015
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by kalufelix(m): 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2019
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by goslowgoslow(m): 1:40pm On Feb 13, 2019
How can we trust the book? It was in in the same book he had this �

Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by kalufelix(m): 1:40pm On Feb 13, 2019
When you are going to probe the Lord of the thieves..lol

Obasanjo sold off the remaining pieces of Nigerian conglomerates. He literally used Nigeria for business transactions that didn't favour Nigerians so much.

He was the first president in a new democratic system, he laid a very corrupt foundation and saw the need to set up institutions that will fight financial crimes at a time when media coverage wasn't so much on the high

If tinubu, orji Kalu, atiku, chimaroke, ibori and indeed so many corrupt politicians who ruled from 99 are confirmed to be serial looters what role did he (obasanjo) play as the then president since everything happened "Under his watch"

I think obasanjo is the testmony of a very smart thief.
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by RoyalUc(m): 1:47pm On Feb 13, 2019
kokomilala:
@sureheaven,you have a poor understanding of tbe whole thing.$16 billion Dollars is just like a drop in an ocean.For Nigeria to have a steady power supply,about $300 billion Dollars will be needed. And govt doesn't have the money. It's investors that can bite the bullet and invest heavily in the sector.

If about $300 billion Dollars will be needed and govt doesn't have the money, is it private investors that will have the money?

Barth Nnaji did a nice job in coming up with a roadmap. All that is needed is the political will by successive administrations to actualize the goal.

From 1999 to date, if we had "reasonable" leaders, we won't have been complaining about power
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by BlcoChina2018: 1:51pm On Feb 13, 2019
Nigeria does not supply electricity to Ghana! What Nigeria supplies to Ghana is about 60 million Scf/d of natural gas. grin

Iyajison:
I was speechless when a Ghanaian friend asked me a question when she visited...

Nigeria supplies electricity (2_4_7) to our country @Ghana, why is there no light in Nigeria..??

My answer: we have to render the services paid for before considering ours...

But shame catch me small

1 Like

Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by opydan: 2:10pm On Feb 13, 2019
RoyalUc:
Oga, I did my personal study on power sector reform during your term as President and can categorically say if the monies stated as spent were actually spent, we may have made remarkable progress in solving our power problem, if not out of it.

Your testimony can't justify you, neither am I satisfied with the EFCC report and that of the Hon. Aminu Tambuwal-led ad-hoc committee.
We know you and what you are capable of doing...

l thought l was the only one. Don't mind them all, thieves.
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by degamemaster(m): 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2019
“If he cannot read the three-volume book, he should detail his aides to do so and summarise the chapters in a language that he will easily understand"

Lols... OBJ knows the idiotic animalistic dullard can neither read nor understand hence he should designate one of his aids to read and interpret for him.
Hahahahhaha, me suggests OBJ should've made it in catoon forms so that the mumu fulani president can grab some things.

1 Like

Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by RoyalUc(m): 2:21pm On Feb 13, 2019
opydan:

l thought l was the only one. Don't mind them all, thieves.

We have quite a number of Nigerians who know the truth. Just that a few are not guided by reason but by sentiments
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by middlebelter(m): 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2019
Imortal001:
OBJ na baban barawo

Did you read above at all? We expect you to read burning national issues like the above objectively before come to a conclusion instead of resulting into outright insult.

How will you feel if your father were an ex-president that made good effort like Obj to revamp the energy sector only for another of your type to start calling your father barawo?

For the purposes of record and avoidance of doubt, Obj is the first president that offered a public apology for the failure of public corporation in Nigeria when after the rehabilitation of the power Generating stations based on the advice of the NEPA management, we experienced a 3 days black out, he decided to sack the the MD of NEPA with a public apology to the nation for the black out. Thereafter, the man made a deeper investigation into the affairs of NEPA which eventually lead to PHCN and consequently the building of various PPP and Independent Power Generating Stations. Unfortunately, Yar'Adua for reasons best known to him, choose to abandoned the imported equipments at the Ports to rotten until GEJ became president.
You may wish to do more findings on the matter and stop the unproked accusation /attacks.

2 Likes

Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by kalufelix(m): 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2019
Oluwo1:

I understand that the money was too much but it's not as bad as the present government are making it look. I read somewhere that most of the equipments bought got stuck at the port because of duty fees and others, now I know that the equipment were bought by private companies but if this company failed to pay the necessary fees to be able to clear the equipments, the government at that time should be able to intervene (but because we dont have a working system inspecting projects and putting contractors on their toes they let those equipment stay at the port for years).
My point is the cry for the $16b is just to discredit OBJ for their own political gain.
So what happened to the equipment were they resold in the black market and the monies used to import petrol generators??

If the ruling party is trying to discredit OBJ for their political gains it's a situation of killing two birds with one shot.
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by sammyms: 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2019
Even if I don’t have a job, do you mean
I should go and read OBJ book tittled his
Watch. MR OBJ, the bottom line is, be
Prepared to answer questions on our
$16billon on power, during your watch.
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by Godsonx2012: 2:39pm On Feb 13, 2019
For the records, Chief Obasanjo has addressed the issues of the power sector and the allegations against him on many occasions and platforms, including in his widely publicised book, “My Watch” in which he exhaustively stated the facts and reproduced various reports by both the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), which conducted a clinical investigation into the allegations against Chief Obasanjo, and the Ad-Hoc Committee on the Review of the Recommendations in the Report of the Committee on Power on the Investigation into how the Huge Sums Of Money was Spent on Power Generation, Transmission And Distribution between June 1999 and May 2007 without Commensurate Result.

“”We recommend that the President and his co-travellers should read Chapters 41, 42, 43 and 47 of My Watch for Chief Obasanjo’s insights and perspectives on the power sector and indeed what transpired when the allegation of $16 billion on power projects was previously made.

Should we also look into the same book, "My Watch" and read up the kind of character Atiku is?
If Baba OBJ is referring us to his book to get GENUINE details and believe whatever it says, maybe we should do same with Atiku.
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by precious1967(m): 2:42pm On Feb 13, 2019
Obj ve forgotten that our PMB is reading news paper upside down. PMB ve forgotten dt Obj supported him 2015, then he dd nt see the shortcomings of Obj. Shame

1 Like

Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by Gandollaar(f): 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2019
RoyalUc:
Oga, I did my personal study on power sector reform during your term as President and can categorically say if the monies stated as spent were actually spent, we may have made remarkable progress in solving our power problem, if not out of it.

Your testimony can't justify you, neither am I satisfied with the EFCC report and that of the Hon. Aminu Tambuwal-led ad-hoc committee.
Obj too knows buhari. Obj has a report on forensic scrutiny into PTF under buhari. Buhari may be Brain dead, but he knows he's stuck.
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by RoyalUc(m): 2:47pm On Feb 13, 2019
Gandollaar:
Obj too knows buhari. Obj has a report on forensic scrutiny into PTF under buhari. Buhari may be Brain dead, but he knows he's stuck.

All Nigerian (past) leaders I believe, are stuck.

My problem is not with them but with you and I
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by Babacele: 2:53pm On Feb 13, 2019
Nonsense. You shall appear before a panel to explain.
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by RoyalUc(m): 2:54pm On Feb 13, 2019
kalufelix:

So what happened to the equipment were they resold in the black market and the monies used to import petrol generators??

If the ruling party is trying to discredit OBJ for their political gains it's a situation of killing two birds with one shot.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The petrol generators imported are 'tukunbo.' they can't generate much power.

You wicked cheesy
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by Gandollaar(f): 2:57pm On Feb 13, 2019
RoyalUc:

All Nigerian (past) leaders I believe, are stuck.

My problem is not with them but with you and I
You can join them too and get stuck. I'm out.
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by tycoolest: 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2019
IDEKEALUMONA:
With $16billion,Obasanjo initiated and completed many power projects as a president. In 1999 when he assumed office, Nigeria was having a peak power generation of 1750MW and in 2007 when Obasanjo left office Nigeria was having a peak power generation of 4000MW, that's an increase of 2250MW! Now compare him with Buhari who has not added even 1Watt for almost four years as a president. Upon all the billions Buhari has budgeted for power projects since he assumed office, what's the result? I wish Obasanjo had remained Nigerian president for at least 20 years, Nigeria would have been better than the way it is now. Obasanjo has his own problems but any body with small brain left in his skull would know that Obasanjo remains the Nigerian best President in the recent time.We should use our brain to think and not just swallow everything these rogue politicians feed us.

u are a terrible liar, shame on you

1 Like

Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by RoyalUc(m): 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2019
Gandollaar:
You can join them too and get stuck. I'm out.

Where are you 'outing' to? grin

Can I come and follow you?
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by acmilan4li(m): 3:16pm On Feb 13, 2019
All of una knw say obj is the master of corruption in Nigeria.. $16 billions.. and light never stable. Wen Jonathan was dere dey begin privatization of power . I beg what is d different.. ? No b Dem Dem buy am..
Re: $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari by udemzyudex(m): 3:45pm On Feb 13, 2019
RoyalUc:

Funny, the man already said if they are not satisfied they should do the needful, if you have any evidence kindly send it to Buhari pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Turns Buhari's Photo To "The Recessionist" Movie Poster / I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki / Tinubu Arrives Nigeria, Shows Off His Nomination Form With Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.