Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Buhari: I Will Recover $16b Obasanjo Govt Power Cash: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Will Recover $16b Obasanjo Govt Power Cash: (308 Views)

Dapo Abiodun: How Amosun, Dangote’s Disagreement Cost Ogun $16b Refinery / $16b Power Projects By Obasanjo: Fact-Sheet $16B Appropriated, $13.5b Released / $16b Power Project: I’m Ready For Probe, Obasanjo Dares Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I Will Recover $16b Obasanjo Govt Power Cash: by Ashleyeniwin(f): 8:01pm On Feb 13, 2019
Buhari: I will recover $16b Obasanjo government power cash :

What happened to power sector cash, by ex-president

The President vowed yesterday to recover the $16 billion power funds that went down the drain during former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration.

“Where is the power? Where is the money?” the President queried at the Oxbow Lake Pavilion, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, during the presidential campaign rally of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

He said his administration will go after all those involved in the power deals to recover the money and continue with the ongoing development of critical infrastructure for the common good.

Obasanjo was president on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from 1999 to 2007. His successor the late President Shehu Musa Yar’Adua launched a probe into the power projects. Many of the equipment got stuck at the ports while the probe lasted.

A mammoth crowd of party faithful thronged the rally for Buhari’s re-election and the election of APC candidates in the state.

Men, women and youths wearing vests and fez caps branded in APC colours were in a carnival mood, singing, drumming and shouting Sai Baba .

President Buhari, who is seeking another term on the APC’s ticket, at the Government House heliport in Yenagoa, was received by Governor Seriake Dickson, his deputy, Rear Admiral John Jonah,
Information & Orientation Commissioner Daniel Iworiso-Markson, and other exco members.

Buhari was also welcomed by APC leader and former Governor Timipre Sylva; Minister of State for Agriculture Heineken Lokpobiri and APC state chairman Jothan Amos, among others.

The President and his team, including APC Presidential Campaign Council Director-General and former Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi and some members of the National Working Committee (NWC), proceeded to the secretariat of the State Traditional Rulers’ Council, where the APC candidate held talks with royal fathers, led by Twon Brass monarch Alfred Diette Spiff.

The President was given an Ijaw name, Ebiwari
(Good House) by Amos, who referred to him as “a symbol of truth” – to the admiration of the crowd.
President Buhari insisted that those who squandered the power funds would not go scot free.

He said: “You know we are building roads; the railway was virtually killed; we are rebuilding it and there was no power; we are bringing power back. The previous government mentioned on their own that they spent $16 billion for power

Re: Buhari: I Will Recover $16b Obasanjo Govt Power Cash: by chiefolododo(m): 8:25pm On Feb 13, 2019
You will after 4yrs? And this is coming from someone that said that we should emulate gandoje(gandollar)
Re: Buhari: I Will Recover $16b Obasanjo Govt Power Cash: by dollytino4real(f): 8:29pm On Feb 13, 2019
ok, wait till after 16
Re: Buhari: I Will Recover $16b Obasanjo Govt Power Cash: by majamajic(m): 8:34pm On Feb 13, 2019
dear youths if u have any plans to die for any of these politicians on Saturday, do better rethink, whosoever that wins we won't come out first class country, vote and go home, our hope is in every new dawn, I remember just like yesterday when buhari took over I asked myself when the 4 years will end, so today even if he decides to continue , am already preparing for another 4 yrs, we are survivors , be u APC or PDP, don't put your life in line this Saturday, stay safe.

(1) (Reply)

Snatch Ballot Boxes And Risk Your Life - Buhari / Osinbajo Orites Open Letter To Nigerians Ahead Of 2019 Elections / Don't Be A Ballot Box Snatcher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.