Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Dinning Room Of An Idea - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dinning Room Of An Idea (242 Views)

Challenge Of UTME Score: Does Anyone Have An Idea? / Room Of Shame / Help: I Have An Idea To Invent These, It's Big ( Check It Out) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dinning Room Of An Idea by BalogunIdowu(m): 9:31am On Feb 14, 2019
It's Friday night and Mr Smith had invited some of his old college friends to come over for dinner at his place few weeks earlier. He lives somewhere around Victoria Embankment, London. He his a successful business man known for igniting ideas since college days. To join him and his family for the dinner in their sixteen seat dinning room was ten of his old college friends who are also accomplished in their various walks of life. As a man of ideas, he also plans to initiate his recent thoughts and share with his friends as they discuss experiences over the years from work, family and life generally.

An idea according to Merriam Webster dictionary means "a thought, plan, or suggestion about what to do". This narrates the situation about the kind of people that surrounds an idea and how they could impact on any idea we may have. Each of his friends represent various sets of people and how their contributions affect ideas. The names and place used here do not represent any set of people in particular but to drive home the scenario in a narrative scene. Each of this individual are represented with a name that represents what they express which we can relate to what is obtainable in reality.

THE IDEA MAN: Mr Smith is the main man here, he his the vintage point of the post. He is known by his friends even from college in solving problems, bringing ideas to drive committees and many others. In the course of their dinner with his friends, they all discussed and shared experiences of how they have been doing after a long time, their works, businesses, experiences and lots more. As usual, Mr Smith raised up an idea he had recently as they enjoy feast on. He explained what it is all about, what inspired the thoughts, financial implications and every logistics behind it. After he was done, he asked his friends what they thought about it.

It was not new for his friends to hear him throw up such things, in fact some of them already knew that the probability he'll raise an idea was close to one. We should also realise that not everyone is a person of idea and the most important ideas are the ones that goes into action or being implemented. However, this is a function of time and appropriate planning. Now, exploring the perspectives of his old friends, they bring to view what happens to an idea shared.

THE ANALOGOUS MAN: Mr Chen was enjoying the meal and contributed once his friend was done. "That is a brilliant idea, and I have been thinking of such an idea before now." Mr Chan explains what he has been thinking about that was similar to that of Mr Smith's. He was excited that someone was thinking along in the same with him, maybe they can work together, only time will tell.

There is rarely an idea that we have that someone somewhere is not also thinking about or perhaps even existed because we are oblivious of it. I have on several occasions thought about things only to find out that they already existed or someone else also have the same idea. It is a function of how we differently implement this and the uniqueness we put to it for there would be surely something that'll make similar ideas differ. Sometimes, such People may say it out that they also had such in mind and at other other times, some will be quite about it and may cause enmity.

THE POLISH MAN: Architect Adkins patiently listens to his friend's, Mr Smith's idea. He his not someone of much ideas but there is one unique thing about him, he knows how to fine tune an idea just like one makes a polished diamond from the raw earth. He helps to refine the ideas but suggesting other things that could make it better and highlighting things that may not be relevant.

Definitely, you may have met with people of such nature. They are not idea oriented but can help to make an existing idea far better. They'll tell you, do it this way, this is better, remove this and stuffs like that. This kind of people makes ideas superb on the long run.

THE ACTION MAN: Surveyor Farouq is a man that loves to getting involved. He does not have idea just like Mr Smith or  knows how to fine tune like Architect Adkins but he knows how to definitely get idea into action, put the process into implementation and get things going.

There are people that are good at implementation of ideas. They are not the very idea reasoning types but can actually put ideas into action. They are always set for "are we ready to get this going" and they are set to get the ball rolling.

THE CRITIC MAN: Barrister Obiora doesn't have much to say on the matter. He however told his friend the likely challenges he'll face and what he really needs to put in place to avoid those challenges. He advises cautiously with empathy as a contribution to the fantastic idea of his friend.

Recently I discussed with my mum about a business idea. And she contributed by enlightening me about the stress it may involve, getting a trust worthy person to man the business station, and that if I was to commence, I should just invest once and use profits to keep pushing to avoiding putting so much money to it  at first amongst others. There are people who fall into this category as regards an Idea, mostly mentors, elderly or people who had experiences of such.

THE ANTAGONIST MAN: Engineer Freud didn't waste time in showing negative attitudes towards this idea. He said it straight up about it not going to work out and for him to think about another thing. He gave reasons why he felt it won't work rather than why it should. He completed his statements and added more meal to his dish from the big central bowl.

While I was in college of education, during an entrepreneurship course, we were asked to make products we could market and I did discussed with someone what I intended to do. Outrightly, she turned down the idea and not giving any reason why it will be embraced but rather why it won't. I ended up making something else, a polished local stool from Palm tree branches. Today we are still good friends, but she may never have the slightest idea the impact of her contributions. However we should note that some will say this with true honesty while some will do it with other hidden reasons. This happens and will definitely continue to, the only reason that'll save us is the mindset about what we intend or perhaps we rechecking the feasibility of our initial idea.

THE PARTNER MAN: Doctor Charles is quite a busy person and likes the idea. He looks at it critically and thoughtfully that he could partner with Mr Smith to bring the idea to reality but however they'll have to talk more about it later.

Yeah, there are people that identifies if an idea will be fine or at least will do well and surely will want to partner. Definitely, you must have seen some of those people around. Most times I usually don't believe doing some thing as a lone person. Therefore, if we meet someone who is interested in partnering and has been convinced with your views and dream for it, then we can just reach arrangements and work together. "Two good heads are better than one" a wise saying says we I reframed in the most appropriate way it should be.

THE SUPPORTER MAN: Teacher khan didn't have much to contribute to the idea of Mr Smith. He however believes as a good friend, he'll surely have his back to support him in any little way he can. He sips his coffee and continued chatting with Mr Smith's two daughters about her recent achievements.

Some friends, mentors, may not have much to offer but support, motivation and the drive to keep you going. They'll check on you at intervals to be sure your are progressing to your dream goals. Are you thinking of that singular person already

THE USER/BENEFICIARY MAN: Accountant Loretta simply said "Wow that's a nice idea, I'll simply help in buying your products or benefitting from your voluntary good works. I believe that's fine enough for you Smith?" That's the least she believes she can do

Some people are not interested in the raw processes or an idea, they only want to know when the product, service, or voluntary duty is ready so they can contribute their quota by either benefitting or being a user.

THE NULL MAN: Mrs Bukola simply wished Mr Smith well but she isn't interested in much of the idea or any of it. She's simply enjoying the discussion including fact that she's with her old friends and also the delicious meal by his wife.

Certainly there are people who wouldn't have anything to do with your ideas. It doesn't make it less of an idea or rather bad. The important thing is get going. However things can change later, it is a function of time.

Finally the DINNER was up at the later part of the night and they were all happy they could make it. However THE COPIER MAN, Senator Carlos couldn't make the dinner. However, the copies an idea and goes to work on them with or without the consent of the person. There are people who does this too, however, it doesn't mean we can't go on with it. Just being MAD (Making A Difference) with it is  where the YOUniqueness comes in. After all is done, they all thanked Mr Smith and his family for hosting them and also for the DINNING ROOM IDEA. There are people who can fall in more than one of this categories at a time or even have all of them. It's no big deal, the most important is to be able to get your idea into actions and have results. So kindly keep this piece in your left palms like my mother says after a thoughtful session.

I hope this have been a quite beneficial. See you and thanks for coming around.

https://balogunidowu./2019/02/14/dinning-room-of-an-idea/

“DINNING ROOM OF AN IDEA” by Balogun Idowu Ismaheel https://link.medium.com/oN8RxjhqiU

BALOGUN IDOWU ISMAHEEL
IndigenousGenius
400L, medical student
LASUCOM

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

LASPOTECH Students Sensitize Voters On Costume Day / About 1.8 Million Candidates To Write UTME 2019 Exam – JAMB Discloses / Nda Past Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.