Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,216 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:27 PM

A Mean Consensus - A Short Short Story - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Mean Consensus - A Short Short Story (8898 Views)

What Does This Mean? Please Interpret! / What Does Yahoo Plus 419 Mean / Should A Poem Mean? Or Just Be? (2) (3) (4)

Re: A Mean Consensus - A Short Short Story by vescucci(m): 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2010
Ah. I'm impressed and I hope that doesn't sound patronizing. Eco is actually my favourite author after I outgrew Ludlum. Being Italian earned him points with me. Queerly, I think he's a poor writer. He has a lotta fascinating esoteric/historical stuff to write but his stories are so convoluted. Damn! But like BTNH songs, it gives me more stuff to unravel.

Foucault's Pendulum was mainly a clever categorising of charlatan, dilettante, adept and master in the esoteric arts and ancient alchemy. The lines between them are often blurry. I think he's a believer in some crazy ish

Ancient Japan is extremely fascinating. The Japan of the last few centuries is frankly deplorable in terms of culture. No scintilla of the code of honor of the samurai as they employ base ninja tactics. Though I hear of stuff that has to do with moral relativity but I'm not sure I wanna be disillusioned jare.
Re: A Mean Consensus - A Short Short Story by Purist(m): 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2010
Mad_Max:

Lol. Let me have the Stephen King titles you want. Koontz I have only in hard copy.

- Four Past Midnight
- Needful things
- Salem's Lot
- Lisey's Story
- Black House
- The Dead Zone
- The Dark Half
- Bachman series (Rage, Blaze, etc)

Thanks! <dgentleguy (at) yahoo (dot) com>
Re: A Mean Consensus - A Short Short Story by MyJoe: 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2010
vescucci:

Haddon's book was really quite good. I'm a sucker for any book with cute illustrations. Dunno if I coulda finished Stephen King's IT without em. I even read The Da Vinci Code again a mere 2 months later because my brother got me an illustrated edition.

Do you read Umberto Eco MyJoe? Have you read Shogun? There's this Ishiguro fellow I hear about. Anyone know if he's any good? Well, that good?
No. I just did a search on Umberto Eco and it seems I should have been reading him since I learnt how to read! How come nobody ever told me works like that existed? Thanks.
Re: A Mean Consensus - A Short Short Story by vescucci(m): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2010
Lol. Thank Serendipity. His two best works are quite old and he writes in Italian. Plus perhaps only Thomas Harris writes as infrequently as he does. All these are probably why he's so obscure. I've not read any of his non-fiction though and I can't lay my hands on them.
Re: A Mean Consensus - A Short Short Story by MyJoe: 4:43pm On Sep 28, 2010
I see. I will find these two: Foucault's Pendulum and The Name of The Rose asap. If you do Amazon you will find his non-fics there, as well.
Re: A Mean Consensus - A Short Short Story by vescucci(m): 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2010
Unfortunately I cannot do amazon or anything of the sort. No sweat, the longer the wait, the sweeter the juice, yes?
Re: A Mean Consensus - A Short Short Story by MyJoe: 7:47pm On Sep 28, 2010
Right. I'm familiar with waiting some at this end, too.
Re: A Mean Consensus - A Short Short Story by Purist(m): 2:01am On Sep 29, 2010
Mad_Max:

Thank you. I got them. kiss
Re: A Mean Consensus - A Short Short Story by MadMax1(f): 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2010
Some of King titles you requested weren't available in digital. Here's what's available:
Thinner, Running Man, Cujo, The Long Walk, The Green Mile, Christie, The Dead Zone, The Dark Tower books, Skeleton Crew,Pet Sematary, Night Shift, Misery, Just after Sunset, Gerald's Game, Firestarter, Different Seasons, Salem's Lot, Carrie and The Stand.
Re: A Mean Consensus - A Short Short Story by Purist(m): 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2010
Aiight.

Literature Section Popularity Ranking / Queen Jennifer Ephraim's Book "Dilemma Of The Nigeria Girl Child" Now On Amazon / 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie