Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life (30047 Views)

9 Ways To Become More Productive And Successful In 2022 / An Australian Guy Sent This To Me For Beating Him At Chess Game / 17 Bad Habits You Need To Kill In 2017 To Be More Successful In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by Kaysalas(m): 1:52am On Feb 16, 2019
dwilliams:
chess is the most beautiful game ever, the lessons from chess are numerous, from someone who plays over 10 games per day and has played in tournaments, I will list my observations

1) A wrong move from you or your opponent might just be the end of the game which translates that proper thinking and carefully orchestrated moves are necessary in life.

2)the way you start(opening) matters a lot, a bad opening might end in disaster which translates that the necessary skills in life as the op said are necessary.

3) looking for a quick or fools mate might spell doom such as bringing out your queen early if you are playing an advanced opponent and it means there is no shortcut to success, following the quick and fastlsne might lead to destruction.

4)The passpawn: never underrate any man whether he is a beggar or a labourer as long as their is life then hope abounds.

5)The center pawns, they are mostly captured in the battle for the center, I believe in life dont be at the forefront of any agitation, if you must,try to have a strong backbone and also note your backbone (Godfather ) can exchange you at any time to suit his interest.

6) Network and connections, a balanced game with all the pieces connected and no weak pawn likely wins the game, it shows that in life you need connections and in most cases you can't do it all alone.

7) The weak pawn: it shows that a chain is as strong as it weakest link.the weaker pawns are mostly attacked and it means know your weaknesses in life as the may spell your downfall.

cool Master an opening, be it the sicilian,Latvian,kings,queen,Budapest etc know your opening and the game becomes easier,it shows that you should have a skill,trade or an education for basic survival.

9) The piece in my own interpretation shows
a)the pawns are people we might know in life who may be of little significance in our lives, they may also be people who their actions might also have a lasting effect in our live,
b)the bishops are people or foes who attack us,or challenges we face squarely, they are easily visible,you see it coming and you are ready to attack or evade such problems.
c)the knights are people, foes or challenges that are two faced, you see them but they seem harmless since they are not attacking you and you are oblivious of the fact that they have sinister and terrifying motives but by the time they coming forking you in 8 directions you will know they are worse than Nigerians politicians,
D) the castle represents our trusted friend,families and relatives that we can always seek refuge with when the storms of life comes knocking
e)The queen represents the Balogun in ancient yoruba kingdom, the right hand man to the king that will go all length to defend the kingdom, he spearheads the attack and lead the troops to battle.
f)the king represents the immortality of man,the Soul.

10) it's not over until it's over,if you have not been checkmated then you still stand a chance. which means once their is life their is hope
Words of wisdom
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by Nobody: 5:24am On Feb 16, 2019
Happyfela:
5 Star Comment
That's just the truth.
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by Boblanre: 7:59am On Feb 16, 2019
Very true
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by Mcy56(f): 8:07am On Feb 16, 2019
dwilliams:
chess is the most beautiful game ever, the lessons from chess are numerous, from someone who plays over 10 games per day and has played in tournaments, I will list my observations

1) A wrong move from you or your opponent might just be the end of the game which translates that proper thinking and carefully orchestrated moves are necessary in life.

2)the way you start(opening) matters a lot, a bad opening might end in disaster which translates that the necessary skills in life as the op said are necessary.

3) looking for a quick or fools mate might spell doom such as bringing out your queen early if you are playing an advanced opponent and it means there is no shortcut to success, following the quick and fastlsne might lead to destruction.

4)The passpawn: never underrate any man whether he is a beggar or a labourer as long as their is life then hope abounds.

5)The center pawns, they are mostly captured in the battle for the center, I believe in life dont be at the forefront of any agitation, if you must,try to have a strong backbone and also note your backbone (Godfather ) can exchange you at any time to suit his interest.

6) Network and connections, a balanced game with all the pieces connected and no weak pawn likely wins the game, it shows that in life you need connections and in most cases you can't do it all alone.

7) The weak pawn: it shows that a chain is as strong as it weakest link.the weaker pawns are mostly attacked and it means know your weaknesses in life as the may spell your downfall.

cool Master an opening, be it the sicilian,Latvian,kings,queen,Budapest etc know your opening and the game becomes easier,it shows that you should have a skill,trade or an education for basic survival.

a)the pawns are people we might know in life who may be of little significance in our lives, they may also be people who their actions might also have a lasting effect in our live,
b)the bishops are people or foes who attack us,or challenges we face squarely, they are easily visible,you see it coming and you are ready to attack or evade such problems.
c)the knights are people, foes or challenges that are two faced, you see them but they seem harmless since they are not attacking you and you are oblivious of the fact that they have sinister and terrifying motives but by the time they coming forking you in 8 directions you will know they are worse than Nigerians politicians,
D) the castle represents our trusted friend,families and relatives that we can always seek refuge with when the storms of life comes knocking
e)The queen represents the Balogun in ancient yoruba kingdom, the right hand man to the king that will go all length to defend the kingdom, he spearheads the attack and lead the troops to battle.

10) it's not over until it's over,if you have not been checkmated then you still stand a chance. which means once their is life their is hope
Wow! This is great and very great lesson!!
This is certainly coming from a Pro. cool
Clap! Clap!! Clap!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by ecstasy357(m): 8:50am On Feb 16, 2019
Divay22:

Which Uncle cheesy grin

Our People call him papi's younger brother down there.

What would u called something that's hard, long and have CUM in it?

Before u start thinking spoil
Our people normally calls it "CUCUMBER." Cucumber is hard, long and with a "CUM" in d middle grin
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by Divay22(f): 9:23am On Feb 16, 2019
ecstasy357:

Our People call him papi's younger brother down there.

What would u called something that's hard, long and have CUM in it?

Before u start thinking spoil
Our people normally calls it "CUCUMBER." Cucumber is hard, long and with a "CUM" in d middle grin
You ain't just spoilt but rotten also sad
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by patrickmuf(m): 10:22am On Feb 16, 2019
manitoba:
I love chess.

I could mirror most of what happens in my life on the board.

It has sharpens most of my soft skills.

Chess is life.

If you love playing chess, download Lichess app.

You will meet all the best Nigerian chess players there.
Is it as good as chess.com because on chess.com you get to play with different players world over.
Just downloaded Lichess, what's pour username? Let's battle.
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by patrickmuf(m): 10:22am On Feb 16, 2019
dwilliams:

Are you on chess.com?
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by dwilliams: 11:12am On Feb 16, 2019
no, I make use of chess online and it's an app
patrickmuf:
Are you on chess.com?
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by patrickmuf(m): 11:15am On Feb 16, 2019
dwilliams:
no, I make use of chess online and it's an app
what's your username.
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by Thales01: 2:33pm On Feb 16, 2019
alleazardous:
what is your username?
Nairaboi.what is yours let me add you up?
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by ecstasy357(m): 5:55pm On Feb 16, 2019
Divay22:

You ain't just spoilt but rotten also sad

Nigerians!!!! Did I say anything out of the ordinary?
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by Okenwajp: 6:21pm On Feb 16, 2019
Good pieces of advice. May the writer be blessed immeasurably. Amen.
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by alleazardous(m): 11:47pm On Feb 16, 2019
Thales01:

Nairaboi.what is yours let me add you up?
sulesh363
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by patrickmuf(m): 12:31pm On Feb 17, 2019
Playing against Nairaboi on Chess.com

Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by Ademat7(m): 5:39am On Feb 18, 2019
njelrapheal:
I need monopoly. Please contact me via email
Sent u a PM no response
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by njelrapheal: 6:18am On Feb 18, 2019
Ademat7:

Sent u a PM no response
am sorry. I will check it now
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by njelrapheal: 6:24am On Feb 18, 2019
patrickmuf:
Playing against Nairaboi on Chess.com
I did play against him and sadly I lost. I just don't fancy the one move per day games,they are just too long for me and I find them boring. I prefer the blitz 3 minutes,5 minutes or ten minutes and I love the bullet games
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by patrickmuf(m): 9:01am On Feb 18, 2019
njelrapheal:
I did play against him and sadly I lost. I just don't fancy the one move per day games,they are just too long for me and I find them boring. I prefer the blitz 3 minutes,5 minutes or ten minutes and I love the bullet games
Same here, every other move he makes, I hav to come back and start thinking all over again, 3 mins and he won't stand a chance.

1 Like

Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by Diligentnigga(m): 4:24pm On Feb 19, 2019
alleazardous:
follow me let's play "sulesh"

I just did bro
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by zyzxx(m): 3:56am On Feb 20, 2019
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by VikaVika(f): 5:00am On Feb 20, 2019
I like to play chess too
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by ChessInSlums: 7:06am On Mar 26, 2019
Wonderful Thread.

Please check us out and send a pm if interested smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/5092326/nigerian-children-slums-learning-play
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by nymphomaniac(m): 6:28pm On Apr 05, 2019
alleazardous:
follow me let's play "sulesh"
let's play. Poseidion is my username
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by alleazardous(m): 11:04pm On Apr 05, 2019
nymphomaniac:
aiit
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by alleazardous(m): 7:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
nymphomaniac:
I sent you a request already
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by alleazardous(m): 7:49pm On Apr 07, 2019
VikaVika:
I like to play chess too
what is your user id?
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by nymphomaniac(m): 8:10pm On Apr 07, 2019
alleazardous:
I sent you a request already
didn't c it oh. What is your username?
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by alleazardous(m): 10:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
nymphomaniac:
didn't c it oh. What is your username?
sulesh363
Re: 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life by wealthtrak: 4:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
BiafraBushBoy:
When it comes to planning, strategy, and tactics, only one board has all these in one – and that is Chess!

Chess players are considered intelligent and strategic, which has made the game one of the most difficult board games ever. It has been used as a stimulant for great warriors who went to war when it comes to planning war strategies.

We all know that life is warfare, and there is so much we can learn when it comes to playing chess.

At the end of this post, two things will happen;

- You will want to learn chess

- You will learn to apply some chess rules to your everyday life.

I started playing chess a few years ago, and it has really affected the way I lived my life – most likely positively.

Still thinking about what could be the life lessons to learn from playing chess?

5 Secret Life Lesson to Learn from Playing Chess

Playing chess is fun, but there are one or two lessons you can learn from it. What are they?

1.You learn the basics before playing

You can’t win a chess game without learning the basic moves. To be able to even win a chess game, you must understand how chess is played and other simple moves.

What this means

Skill acquisition is very necessary for life. Especially as a Nigerian, without skill, you are as good as finished – unless you have the connections.

In this last post, I listed out some simple skills that can make you so much money. Thanks, goodness that lots of people responded, and they are getting trained already. It isn’t too late to acquire any of those skills and start your journey towards financial freedom.

2. You develop yourself before Advancing

In chess, you have to develop your minor pieces before you advance. Development means taking control of the center of the board. In most cases, whoever takes control of the board center has a higher chance of winning the game;

What this means

Personal development is important in helping you succeed in life. You must develop yourself in your key areas before you are able to move forward in life.

Skill acquisition is also one of the ways to develop your life. The more skills you have like;

Soft skills (Analytical thinking, ability to work under pressure, Oratory, etc)

Hard Skills (Graphics Design, Web App Dev, Mobile App Dev, etc)

Educational qualifications (Certifications, Trainings, etc)

All of these will position you to advance far in life without obstacles.

3. Learn to Exchange sometimes

In the game of chess, at some point, you have to exchange pieces just to move the game forward. This is usually set up by those who feel they are in a stronger position.

What this means

You can’t have everything in life. Sometimes you need to use what you have to get what you don’t have. It musn’t be in a bad way only, there are other ways to make exchanges that isn’t immoral. As long as it favors you, go ahead with the exchange.

Think of when buying someone’s idea or investing in an already existing business. Always use what you have to get what you don’t have!

4. Always protect your assets

Your most valuable piece on the board is your king. For safety, the king is hidden in a move called “Castling”. This will help protect the king from danger.

What this means

Identify your valuable assets and never lose them. They might be the skills you’ve acquired, your money, or knowledge.

No matter what happens, always protect those assets that are valuable to you. Never lose them for anything.

5. Think before you leap

Aside from the opening stages, it takes an average of 1 minute or more for a chess player to figure out the next step to take. This helps to curb failure and improve chances of winning.

What this means

How many times have you sat down to think about the possible outcome of any move you decide to make in life. Critical reasoning breeds success, and that is one of the foundations of success in life.

Bonus

Keep fighting till the end

As long as the king isn’t checkmated yet, you haven’t lost. Keep looking for escape routes to force a draw.

What it means

It simply means don’t give up till you can no longer breath. As long as there is life, there is HOPE.

Thank you so many guys; If you are interested in learning a skill that can help you achieve so much in life in terms of finances, I have a recommendation for you.

GRAPHICS DESIGN

If you like this post, remember to click on the link below to subscribe. Till next time… much LOVE.

Post Source: https://topwritersden.com/life-lessons-to-learn-from-chess/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Striking Down Rule 17 / Pregnant Woman Delivers Baby In A Bus While Traveling From Bori To Port Harcourt / NNPC Tanker Carrying Baskets Of Tomatoes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.