Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd (47783 Views)

Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR / CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 / Fayose, Nigerians React As INEC Postponed General Elections Till February 23rd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by duality(m): 7:39am On Feb 16, 2019
This what what they did in Edo state... It's the same thing... It's to perfect the spiritual manipulation.

I think we should fight this thing... It's not ordinary.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by Somemma13: 7:40am On Feb 16, 2019
I wish I had enough money, I would have forgotten this shithole country and live my life the way I want it.
Nosense hijackers
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by IYANGBALI: 7:46am On Feb 16, 2019
To God be the glory.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by Newsinnigeria: 7:46am On Feb 16, 2019
The Governor of Kaduna state released a statement on Friday concerning the killings of 66 people in the state.
. “Security agencies today reported the recovery of 66 bodies that were killed in attacks by criminal elements on various dispersed hamlets in the Maro Gida and Iri axis of Kajuru LGA. The settlements affected include Ruga Bahago, Ruga Daku, Ruga Ori, Ruga Haruna, Ruga Yukka Abubakar, Ruga Duni Kadiri, Ruga Shewuka and Ruga Shuaibu Yau,” El-Rufai said in a statement on Friday.

There were 22 children and 12 women killed by this tragedy.
Four wounded people are currently being treated. .
The Governor admonished that there be no reprisal attacks and that the people should leave the investigations to law enforcement.
In the case of any suspicious activity, call any of these hotlines: 0903400060 or 08170189999

#politics #newsinnigeria #breakingnews #update #kadunakillings #elections2019

For more fresh news out of Naija, visit www.newsinnigeria.org

Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by IYANGBALI: 7:46am On Feb 16, 2019
Somemma13:
I wish I had enough money, I would have forgotten this shithole country and live my life the way I want it.
Nosense hijackers
e pain am
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by IYANGBALI: 7:49am On Feb 16, 2019
blackmantis:
My cousins wedding don cast
our own Seun nairaland wedding too don cast, I wonder how him best man lalasticlala go feel
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by Myself2(m): 7:51am On Feb 16, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
APC doing everything possible to rig this election

But they will fail.

They have failed. Buhari is a woeful failure, even general elections he cannot conduct,failure everywhere, we must retire Buhari this month

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by onyxo76(m): 7:52am On Feb 16, 2019
What a shame. I weep for this nation where we call the name of God so much but keep on telling ourselves so much lies. I was in a place where I was unfortunate to watch only NTAi for 2 day (Thursday and Friday) everyone that was interviewed- INEC state commissioners, Commissioner of Police for different States, NSCDC PRO, DIG Admin. NPF etc all claimed everything is in place for the successful conduct of the election. INEC claimed they were ready even in Anambra that fire gutted more than 4700 card readers and Plateau where more than 5000 PVCs got burnt.What suddenly went wrong? Is INEC under pressure to favour a particular candidate? What a shame.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:53am On Feb 16, 2019
but this baggers denied initially.....
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by somessi: 7:53am On Feb 16, 2019
Shame. Big shame. Nigeria is a big joke of a country.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by BabaIbo: 7:55am On Feb 16, 2019
olajizz01:
Keep deceiving yourself, is it a law?

You will be surprised by next week Saturday.

I would have ignored you but let me tell you, if you are wise enough you will know the election was shifted few hours to the election proper, which country does that. It's not comfortable for the power that be in the country and I'm sure that is one of the reasons for the postponement
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 16, 2019
sogodihno:

shut up! Jonathan government postponed it too. even to a longer date
So if Jonathan 's government did same then it must be right? Thought his government was equally regarded as incompetent. At least they didn't do it 5 hrs to the election. Partisan politics has made some people daft. May God restore your senses.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by joxxy01(m): 7:57am On Feb 16, 2019
morili:
Will you mind if someone calls you an idiot? We should be civil enough to respect someone else's father. Let us put election aside. I won't be surprise how you will perform in a cooperate environment.

and who told u that they are no fathers and elderly men who are idiot, Buhari fall among such category. come and beat me!
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by lomprico(m): 7:58am On Feb 16, 2019
daddytime:
Like most things Nigeria this is the usual "fire brigade or last minute rush".

We are seldom ever adequately prepared for anything in Nigeria even at personal levels.

How would we be? When competence is often decimated on the alters of "man know man or quota systems.

This is incompetence dressed in "buba and iro with a satellite dish gele to boot".

It isn't about any one party so no party should be crying wolf or "offside" when the match is yet to begin. There is a precedence and it is certainly a "Nigerian" thing.

Ogbeni! it is! It's because all the already thumb stamped voting card that apc did that was discovered by police in kano and lagos.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by lomprico(m): 8:00am On Feb 16, 2019
sogodihno:

shut up! Jonathan government postponed it too. even to a longer date

But not few hours to d election now.

But wait o! Why is buhari copying GEJ? I tot he is for change?
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by Sirheny007(m): 8:05am On Feb 16, 2019
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by sogodihno: 8:06am On Feb 16, 2019
wingman:

So if Jonathan 's government did same then it must be right? Thought his government was equally regarded as incompetent. At least they didn't do it 5 hrs to the election. Partisan politics has made some people daft. May God restore your senses.

shut up! borrow sense, Buhari is not inec
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by AngelicBeing: 8:08am On Feb 16, 2019
blackmantis:
My cousins wedding don cast
Hahaha grin
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by banio: 8:08am On Feb 16, 2019
edesumpitor:
It's okay. We're waiting Patiently. But individual plans are really affected.

That's why the election MUST be peaceful, so that all plans will not be affected in a crisis situation.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by justmykel(m): 8:09am On Feb 16, 2019
I saw this coming!
Naija our country
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by pat077: 8:09am On Feb 16, 2019
they want to perfect their rigging plan
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by Godspower35(m): 8:10am On Feb 16, 2019
I know God will intervene... Naija...
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by Bonebreaker(m): 8:12am On Feb 16, 2019
been hearing a lot of news dat de elections were postponed because a lot of ballot papers dat were not issued by INEC were found not sure if its true sha
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by unikprince(m): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2019
post=75775488:
Is this confirmed now?

Your source please!

Modify: THIS IS UNEXPECTED!
No one saw it coming!!

Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by airborne007(m): 10:33am On Feb 16, 2019
Very sad

Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by Tonytonex(m): 11:54am On Feb 16, 2019
obailala:
Oga, no amount of wisdom can save one from this kind of govt incompetence. You might think it wise to avoid fixing weddings in the month of February or even March. But remember the last time, the election was shifted by almost 2 months. Except you're saying weddings should only be fixed from May.
Abba! how person go fix wedding a week after election in this country? no sense
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by Tonytonex(m): 12:04pm On Feb 16, 2019
obailala:
Oga, no amount of wisdom can save one from this kind of govt incompetence. You might think it wise to avoid fixing weddings in the month of February or even March. But remember the last time, the election was shifted by almost 2 months. Except you're saying weddings should only be fixed from May.
the person didn't seek advice. it's better before than after.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by jamace(m): 12:32pm On Feb 16, 2019
Does INEC has the power to postpone elections without approval of the President and NASS?

Hope the cabal is not doing us the usual?
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by Ayobami7(m): 1:05pm On Feb 16, 2019
好的
Re: BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd by obailala(m): 3:31pm On Feb 16, 2019
Tonytonex:
Abba! how person go fix wedding a week after election in this country? no sense
Oya how long after the elections is safe to fix wedding?... Cos the last time i checked, people who fixed their weddings 6 & 8 weeks after elections in 2015 also suffered this same fate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths / Zack Orji Declares Support For Tinubu (Video) / Sword Crossing At Captain Gana’s Wedding (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.