Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR (10499 Views)

Ondo Govt. Partners With MAX OKADA, Launches 'Sunshine Safe Bike' (photos) / Fayose, Nigerians React As INEC Postponed General Elections Till February 23rd / BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by politicoNG: 10:39am On Jan 09
The Ondo State Government has fixed February 23 and 24 for the burial of the late governor of the state, Rotimi Akeredolu, SaharaReporters can authoritatively report.

Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa fixed the dates on Monday after a state cabinet meeting which did not go without ripples over the exclusion of certain names from the burial planning committee.

SaharaReporters learnt that the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Princess Oladunni Odu, fumed as her name was not included in the committee for the burial ceremony for the late former governor.

“The burial has been fixed between February 23 and 24. Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa, who also doubled as the Chairman of the Committee made the announcement on Monday,” a source at the meeting said.

The source added, “SSG (Odu) got wind that her name was not on the list of the committee and during a meeting with the governor, Aiyedatiwa, at the governor's office, she raised her concerns about it.

"It became a whole lot of argument and charged at the governor for not including her on the list of the committee. But it took the intervention of other cabinet members at the meeting to calm the nerves of the woman. In fact, I'm aware that the meeting did not end peacefully due to the manner Odu behaved."

“Don't forget that Odu also has eyes on the seat of the governor and she is ready to contest in the governorship race,” another source added.

SaharaReporters reported on January 5 that the body of the late former Governor of Ondo State, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, arrived in Nigeria from Germany.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/01/09/breaking-ondo-state-government-fixes-akeredolus-burial-february-23-excludes-ssg-oladunni?fbclid=IwAR1hUs53LtKSEA611mXFIHnxVcqyjni9eSchoA3I803badVoyCWAYvukIM8#google_vignette

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by dynaci: 10:44am On Jan 09
It's well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by Peaceagain: 10:49am On Jan 09
RIP to the deceased!

5 Likes

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by breathcutter(m): 10:49am On Jan 09
This life, no too hold anything tight, e go still comot hand eventually in death.

The living won't learn.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by ogododo: 10:50am On Jan 09

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by amnesty7: 10:50am On Jan 09
A Muslim would have been buried since

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by Donaldoni: 10:50am On Jan 09
It's a state burial

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by callmevirus(m): 10:51am On Jan 09
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

RIP Aketi
Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by accordadoga25(f): 10:52am On Jan 09
Hmmm

Sunre oo, baba Jide, oko Betty

O tu dojo ajinde .

Ma b'awon je okun, ma je ekolo

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by Charlieabc(m): 10:53am On Jan 09
Such a life

Life that can be taken without your consent.
Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by NaijaCover(m): 10:54am On Jan 09
Cha E
Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by jamesversion: 10:55am On Jan 09
It's far nau. I don't really understand the long wait, especially as the corpse has already arrived Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by spy24(m): 10:55am On Jan 09
This Lucky of a man, no be am at all...

The man seems to be generally disliked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by mikemiyaki: 10:58am On Jan 09
May the soul of the late governor rest in peace in Jesus' name, Amen!

1 Like

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by Appletek: 11:00am On Jan 09
spy24:
This Lucky of a man, no be am at all...

The man seems to be generally disliked

The guy is a fool. People dey wait am for primaries.

7 Likes

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by israelmao(m): 11:01am On Jan 09
Life is like vapour Akeredeolu is no more.
Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by Thisisanfield: 11:01am On Jan 09
Whoever put him under pressure to return to Nigeria in the first place is wicked.

he was doing well while at Germany. the simple thing to do was relinquish power and get totally well. there is more to life than power.

well its all past now. but i have this feeling that if Aketi was to be given a second chance from death, he would have relinquish power and stayed at Germany and try to get better.

lesson learnt: dont play with your health over frivolities.

RIP sir
Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by datola: 11:04am On Jan 09
They are still fighting over positions that are only leased to them.
Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by Zhunnurayn(m): 11:07am On Jan 09
That's why I like Islamic burial

Muslims bury their deceased immediately, no expenses or ceremonies, no prolonging pain for the bereaved
Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by nstore: 11:08am On Jan 09
Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by adigun27: 11:11am On Jan 09
Is too far the person who face so much pain u still keep is body in d mortuary for another set of pain make the burial early secondly the Man Ayedatiwa we haven't feel your impact sir even your people complain you are too dull to handle ondo state affairs ,what is keeping you not to dissolve cabinet sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by aylipple: 11:13am On Jan 09
SR most times give factual information but then they go ahead to ruin it with embellishments & wild concoctions of things that never happened.

For e.g this report claims the SSG (a Princess Odu) charged at the governor for not including her in the burial c'ttee so much so that the council meeting ended on a sour note; anyone who understands how Nigeria's system of governance works will tell you for free that no SSG, no matter how influential, will ever challenge their governor to a shouting match. The day they dare it is the same day they lose their job!

You may choose to believe SR (your choice, which I respect) on this particular instance but as for me & my household, the incident only occurred in the wild imagination of the person who filed the report for publishing.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by yewit37486: 11:13am On Jan 09
Thisisanfield:
Whoever put him under pressure to return to Nigeria in the first place is wicked.

he was doing well while at Germany. the simple thing to do was relinquish power and get totally well. there is more to life than power.

well its all past now. but i have this feeling that if Aketi was to be given a second chance from death, he would have relinquish power and stayed at Germany and try to get better.

lesson learnt: dont play with your health over frivolities.

RIP sir

Not everyone survives cancer whether in Germany or anywhere else. Relinquishing power was no guarantee he would survive. Hindsight is 20/20.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by adigun27: 11:17am On Jan 09
Sir you don't no anything about that woman she is too selfish every member of the state know her for that she can do and know do my question is Ayedatiwa I don't see him as a man who has the quality of a Governor
aylipple:
SR most times give factual information but then they go ahead to ruin it with embellishments & wild concoctions of things that never happened.

For e.g this report claims the SSG (a Princess Odu) charged at the governor for not including her in the burial c'ttee so much so that the council meeting ended on a sour note; anyone who understands how Nigeria's system of governance works will tell you for free that no SSG, no matter how influential, will ever challenge their governor to a shouting match. The day they dare it is the same day they lose their job!

You may choose to believe SR (your choice, which I respect) on this particular instance but as for me & my household, the incident only occurred in the wild imagination of the person who filed the report for publishing.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by scholes23(m): 11:17am On Jan 09
Say ya name nor dey burial committee, you dey rake. Burial committee oh!!! Omo people nor dey shame sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by mannobi(m): 11:19am On Jan 09
He
Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by Roger3D(m): 11:20am On Jan 09
Why keep a dead body on ice for so long? Just put him in the ground already

1 Like

Re: Ondo Govt Fixes Akeredolu's Burial For February 23rd & 24th - SR by adesegun121(m): 11:21am On Jan 09
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibrahim Magu To Appear Before Senate On Wednesday For Screening / The Politics Of Majority And Minority Cultures In Nigeria / Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.