Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) (53277 Views)

Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do / BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections / The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by TheAlchemist: 9:18am On Feb 16, 2019
adeshola1:
Please what will happen to those ballot papers. Please what will happen to those ballot papers.

The ballot papers will be effectively TRANSMITTED for APC by the new IGP of TRANSMISSION.

1 Like

Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by eodavids(m): 9:19am On Feb 16, 2019
seuncyrus:
Sowore said this hours ago , they said it was a lie...INEC had how many years to prepare for the elections but still decided to go the Jonathan way , we all know how that story ended ...Buhari is really desperate to hold on to power ....someone somewhere said this place is a sh!thole

Pls correct yourself. This isn't the Jonathan way, because in 2015, a week notice of postponement was given and people weren't in shock as every one adjusted accordingly.

This one has been postponed on the election day. The very day pfnthe election when every one making a move for the election have moved already.

Its a shame! undecided

1 Like

Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by Gleefreak125(m): 9:25am On Feb 16, 2019
They should just allow people to move their polling units to their new places of residence. For four years INEC had just one freaking job to do yet they failed woefully.

Please, how can I move my voting centre to Lagos? I can't travel again. This stress is too much for my health biko.

1 Like

Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by Mizwisdom(f): 9:34am On Feb 16, 2019
jidemoh:

You certainly ain't a good student of history. 4 years ago it was PDP that unilaterally postponed elections.

Besides, it is within the purview of INEC to postpone elections and is obtainable all over the world.

Postponement a few hours to election,?
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by janettee(f): 9:44am On Feb 16, 2019
Nigeria is such a hopeless country. INEC had four years to prepare for this election.

1 Like

Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 16, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Postponement a few hours to election,?

Tell me which law says it can't be done.
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by yemi15(m): 10:45am On Feb 16, 2019
PoliticsNigeria:
@POLITICSNGR

PoliticsNGR has been furnished with a transcript of the full statement by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC on the postponement of the 2019 General Elections. Read Below;

"The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) met on Friday, 15th of February 2019 and reviewed its preparations for the 2019 General Elections scheduled for Saturday, 16" February 2019 and Saturday, 2nd March 2019.

Following a careful review of the implementation of its logistics and operational plan and the determination to conduct free, fair and credible elections, the Commission came to the conclusion that proceeding with the elections as scheduled is no longer feasible.

Consequently, the Commission has decided to reschedule the Presidential and National Assembly Elections to Saturday, 23% February 2019.

Furthermore, the Governorship, State House of Assembly and Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Area Council Elections is rescheduled to Saturday 9" March 2019. This will afford the Commission the opportunity to address identified challenges in order to maintain the quality of our elections.

This was a difficult decision for the Commission to take, but necessary for the successful delivery of the elections and the consolidation of our democracy.

The Commission will meet key stakeholders to update them on this development at 2 p.m. on Saturday, 16" February 2019 at the Abuja International Conference Centre."

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-inecs-official-statement-postponement-2019-elections-transcript/

Sincerely, why does this happen every election cycle? Is it because currently a quota system product who is a square peg in a round hole is the INEC Chairman?

Postponement a few hours to the election (the one in 2015 was not even close) shows the sheer incompetence of this INEC Chairman and is a ploy to disenfranchise voters who travelled to vote.

You INEC guys are just postponing the evil day for Lifeless FC, he will still lose even with the possible disenfranchised voters with today's announcement.

I am Atikulated.
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by yemi15(m): 10:48am On Feb 16, 2019
BlackSpanner:
After scamming and putting so many adhoc staff through so much stress

Bros, is it a must ad-hoc staff go through all the stress I am seeing? Elections have a long way to go in this country!
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by Aliyukachim3: 11:00am On Feb 16, 2019
It pain me when they call this man a professor, where is the professionalism him. Rubbish
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by yemi15(m): 11:15am On Feb 16, 2019
iamadedotun:
But Prof attahiru Jega postphone the election and there heaven didn't fall

Not few hours to the election and by the way, he was not the one that postponed the election, ex-President Goodluck Jonathan did. So apples and oranges analogy. Logic punctured bro.
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by givenchy02: 11:18am On Feb 16, 2019
na 4 naija i see sey citizen no get sey
na 4 9ja i see sey dem fit toss dia citizen like zombies,
na 4 9ja i see sey some population of ten thousand r more than population of over 150 millions.
We were all here when d rumour went viral about the letter of d AGF to INEC seeking a postponment of the election it was debunk by APC and the INEC, so why the impromptu. just yesterday osinbade welcome the international observers into the country when they knew elections will be postponed, i wonder when this government will stop fooling this country in the face of the international bodies. this government has so much brought the reputation of this country to nothing. i call them brainless
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by Somemma13: 11:34am On Feb 16, 2019
The problem is that they have strategically handicapped people who travel far away to vote APC out and some international observers.
Now that their rigging is sure, I pray your vote still counts

Wasted country
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by Danhumprey: 1:10pm On Feb 16, 2019
janettee:
Nigeria is such a hopeless country. INEC had four years to prepare for this election.
Janet, come home and let's enjoy this together. undecided
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by janettee(f): 2:13pm On Feb 16, 2019
Danhumprey:
Janet, come home and let's enjoy this together. undecided

I can see you hate me grin...
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by Danhumprey: 2:17pm On Feb 16, 2019
janettee:

I can see you hate me grin...
grin grin grin grin grin

Come on! Be like Paul the apostle and come down to Macedonia(Nigeria) and help us. cry
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by janettee(f): 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2019
Danhumprey:
grin grin grin grin grin

Come on! Be like Paul the apostle and come down to Macedonia(Nigeria) and help us. cry

I'm good here, enjoy grin tongue

Nigeria can't be helped. Heaven helps those who help themselves.
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by Danhumprey: 2:41pm On Feb 16, 2019
janettee:

Hehehehehe! No worries. One of these days, I'll join you over there. cool

I thought it should be Heaven helps those who can't help themselves? grin
Because clearly, the religious folks in this country have been praying and fasting for years, knocking on the doors of their imaginary heaven, yet no one seem to be answering. cry
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by Rejoice5000(f): 2:46pm On Feb 16, 2019
I can't contest with a foreigner could that be the reason for the postponement? Apc its confession time.
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by Brightdude007: 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2019
I don't buy this cock and bull story, I strongly believe there is more to this. This is just a fabricated lie to bury the main reason.
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by chigo245: 3:45pm On Feb 16, 2019
Atiku 0 - Buhari 1
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by janettee(f): 4:34pm On Feb 16, 2019
Danhumprey:
Hehehehehe! No worries. One of these days, I'll join you over there. cool

I thought it should be Heaven helps those who can't help themselves? grin
Because clearly, the religious folks in this country have been praying and fasting for years, knocking on the doors of their imaginary heaven, yet no one seem to be answering. cry

No I'm correct lol.

Enjoy your boloved country while you can grin...
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by MONIKERREVEALER: 9:43am On Feb 18, 2019
Sagay212:
This country will never move forward if we don't stop electing uneducated idi.ots as leaders. Nigerians especially from the south, easy and West must use their brain and stop voting this abo.ki people into power. These guys are destryoing this country. They don't know jack and keep pulling others back.

How can a phucking INEC chairman postpone an election they had all the time in the world to prepare for? How can you not have everything ready before fixing a date? This is not some mei ruwa or mei suya bullsh.it...It's a phucking general election. If you knew you were not prepared why fix a phucking date. Vote educated people and reject illiterate.

sorry but oyoruba moslems in the south would always scatter any plans for southern unity!

the better south's best move is to collaborate with the Christian middle beltans and then pull out of this british/fulani dominated shiithole called zoogeria!!!

the time to act is now!!!
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by MONIKERREVEALER: 9:52am On Feb 18, 2019
janettee:

yet whenever biafrans say they want out of this shiithole, zoogerians would start crying for them to be slaughtered!!!

no wahala, God dey heaven!!!

ZOO MUST FALL!!!
Re: INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) by jom28gy(m): 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2019
Your grandplan, to rigged election

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Nigerian States That Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation - TheCableIndex / Why Babangida, Gusau Removed Me From Power – Buhari / What IBB Wore To Council Of States Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.