Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,697 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor (40418 Views)

Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter / Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD / Solomon Yusuf, Kidnapped UNIMAID Lecturer Writes Letter To Wife, Begs Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by Goahead(m): 5:32pm On Feb 16, 2019
Mom has been finding grey hair on my head

That boy is a clown cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by Dollabiz: 5:33pm On Feb 16, 2019
I know many kids will give election shift reasons next week for failing test
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by Unconquerable: 5:35pm On Feb 16, 2019
As a kid I hated homework too, especially Arithmetic and the teacher asked to show your working.
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by martineverest(m): 5:35pm On Feb 16, 2019
as written by BLOGGERS.....useless liars
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by GIFTD: 5:36pm On Feb 16, 2019
STUPID!
katekemi664:
The letter
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by Newboss(m): 5:37pm On Feb 16, 2019
Young dumb!

Use and disuse principle comes in angry
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by mascotblaze(m): 5:37pm On Feb 16, 2019
bivanJohnaliuz:
At my aqe then, i don't Even know the difference btw Former and Informer later sef
Even till now..... It is very evident bro. Formal and informal. grin

1 Like

Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by ayogritty: 5:38pm On Feb 16, 2019
I've been a regular guest on nairaland for few months now. I had to register as a member today because I'm in dilemma!!!
I've been preparing diligently for UTME for a long while with the hope of gaining admission this year but all my efforts is about to become fruitless because I might not be able to register for the exam before the registration deadline due to financial difficulties I'm facing at the moment.

I really need to swallow my pride and ask for help.

Please I'm not a scam. I'm not even asking for any money to be sent to my personal account, I will send my details and jamb profile code to anybody willing to help so the jamb pin can be gotten for me. I can still be able to get the #700 that I'll use for the registration at the jamb accredited center. I'll appreciate it from the bottom of my heart if anyone can come to my rescue.
This is my number
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by SmithRussell(m): 5:42pm On Feb 16, 2019
NobleAngell:
He could sit and write this but couldn't just do his homework? This is a future lazy youth.
He already stated that homework makes him sad and unhappy and doesn't apply in the real world. .

BTW, case closed - the court ruled in favour of Eddie Cortez, the smart Latino

1 Like

Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by dingbang(m): 5:44pm On Feb 16, 2019
Smart grin
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by don4real18(m): 5:45pm On Feb 16, 2019
bivanJohnaliuz:
At my aqe then, i don't Even know the difference btw Former and Informer later sef
Correction.... Though I know say na play you dey play grin
When I was a kid (his age wasn't stated), I couldn't tell the difference between a formal and an informal letter

1 Like

Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by mcdokwe(m): 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2019
bivanJohnaliuz:
it is formal and informal bro
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by Nannito190(m): 5:54pm On Feb 16, 2019
I don't have to force my kids on things they don't like. But Assignment is very important for child's intellectual development.
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by Ishilove: 6:05pm On Feb 16, 2019
Better reset his brain now that you still can
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by luminous12(m): 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2019
The boy is a lazy bone. If he should continue like this, I'm afraid he will end up with nothing.
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by TruthinAction: 6:27pm On Feb 16, 2019
bivanJohnaliuz:

Please it's formal and informal letter.
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by TruthinAction: 6:29pm On Feb 16, 2019
katekemi664:
Most kids have been trained to be subdued, quiet and do the things that are expected of them without asking questions or being disobedient.

However, that was in the past and children are now taught to speak up for themselves. Despite that school pupils are expected to listen to their teachers and even carry out tasks assigned to them.

Sometimes, these tasks come in form of home assignments to test their knowledge. It is no news that most children do not like doing homework but it is rare to see a pupil who is bold enough to give true reasons for the dislike.

Legit.ng has gathered the report of a young boy identified as Eddie whose teacher asked him to write a paper stating his reasons for not doing his home assignment. The teacher, however, did not bargain for the hilarious letter she got from him.In the lengthy letter, Eddie explained that he does not like doing school work during the weekend because weekends are meant to be stress free. He also added that homework makes him sad and unhappy. Explaining further the pupil wrote that homework is not a thing in real life. See the letter below .

Was it in Katsina State?
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by Iamzik: 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2019
theoldpretender:
Hmmm

Benefits of homework...

1.Helps student do work independently..and thus develop a vital skill valued by employers.

2.Helps student understand what was taught in class.

3.Helps student exercise brain...which is very good in preventing dementia.

4.Helps student study for examinations...because it might come out on the test.

5.Helps student learn skills like...research, writing, solving problems, etc.

6. Teaches student the value of work under all conditions.

7. Helps student bond more with parents.

8.Helps student learn co-operation....which helps in problem solving.

9.Learning, learning, and learning.

If you think that learning can only be done between 8am to 2 pm in the school....you need help.

Thank you.

I beg to differ.
Americans schools and most developed world who are leading innovation do not bombard kids with 3 or 4 homework per day. No wonder all we know is book. Innovation zero

Academic homework is once per week and most times the assignment is for the student to visit a park or beach with their parent and share a verbal account with colleagues during class interaction.

Mr Teacher This your assertion is from the 1970s
Education curriculum and teaching standards need to change

1 Like

Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by theoldpretender(m): 6:54pm On Feb 16, 2019
Iamzik:

I beg to differ.
Americans schools and most developed world who are leading innovation do not bombard kids with 3 or 4 homework per day. No wonder all we know is book. Innovation zero

They may not reach the level of 3-4 homework per day, but they do do homework in schools in the USA.

And then there are countries like Japan and Singapore and China...where homework and extra school work is a way of life.

Academic homework is once per week and most times the assignment is for the student to visit a park or beach with their parent and share a verbal account with colleagues during class interaction.

Well, I doubt that American students are that lazy.....

And then there is this

With my youngest child just months away from finishing high school, I’m remembering all the needless misery and missed opportunities all three of my kids suffered because of their endless assignments. When my daughters were in middle school, I would urge them into bed before midnight and then find them clandestinely studying under the covers with a flashlight. We cut back on their activities but still found ourselves stuck in a system on overdrive, returning home from hectic days at 6 p.m. only to face hours more of homework. Now, even as a senior with a moderate course load, my son, Zak, has spent many weekends studying, finding little time for the exercise and fresh air essential to his well-being. Week after week, and without any extracurriculars, Zak logs a lot more than the 40 hours adults traditionally work each week — and with no recognition from his “bosses” that it’s too much. I can’t count the number of shared evenings, weekend outings and dinners that our family has missed and will never get back.

Anectdoctal....but that is an American parent talking about her child's homeworks…(Sauce)

Mr Teacher This your assertion is from the 1970s
Education curriculum and teaching standards need to change

I am not a teacher, and I was in school (pry and secondary) in the 1980's and 1990's. I went to a private school that gave me homework 4-5 times a week. Helped me work really hard...because really I was a lazy individual...…..who needed some pushing to get things done.
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by gcof(m): 7:01pm On Feb 16, 2019
bivanJohnaliuz:
you still do not know it now
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by GentleYoung(m): 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2019
bivanJohnaliuz:

I doubt if you still know it till this moment. FORMAL AND INFORMAL.
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by Jentle244: 7:06pm On Feb 16, 2019
ogbs2020love:
Pay your DSTV,GOTV,STARTIMES,MY TV,EEDC,ETC from the comfort of your home or office . call me on 08034420950 or if your in Onitsha come to 11,ORANYE STREET BY OLD HOSPITAL ROAD JUNCTION ONITSHA ANAMBRA STATE.INVESTCOM TRADING COMPANY LTD

how much for mytv for a month
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by Olajah81: 7:14pm On Feb 16, 2019
cassidy1996:
unserious student = science student in future

Now l believe say sense is far away from u...

What have you achieved with ur paper certificate..

May God rest ur trouble souls
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by Olajah81: 7:16pm On Feb 16, 2019
theoldpretender:
Hmmm

Benefits of homework...

1.Helps student do work independently..and thus develop a vital skill valued by employers.

2.Helps student understand what was taught in class.

3.Helps student exercise brain...which is very good in preventing dementia.

4.Helps student study for examinations...because it might come out on the test.

5.Helps student learn skills like...research, writing, solving problems, etc.

6. Teaches student the value of work under all conditions.

7. Helps student bond more with parents.

8.Helps student learn co-operation....which helps in problem solving.

9.Learning, learning, and learning.

If you think that learning can only be done between 8am to 2 pm in the school....you need help.

Thank you.

U talk too much...

Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by Olajah81: 7:17pm On Feb 16, 2019
Adesouth:
Formal and informal sir

We knw say u go skool....

Must u comments
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by dejavuh0007(m): 7:27pm On Feb 16, 2019
bivanJohnaliuz:
and u still don't even know how to spell "formal" and "informal" letter yet. grin
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by theoldpretender(m): 7:34pm On Feb 16, 2019
Olajah81:

U talk too much...

"Γιά το καρφί έχασε το πέταλο."
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by Nojoke01: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2019
7Alexander:
Mpa aruru ala!
grin grin grin grin grin grin Haahhahahhahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by Offpoint: 8:11pm On Feb 16, 2019
katekemi664:
Most kids have been trained to be subdued, quiet and do the things that are expected of them without asking questions or being disobedient.

However, that was in the past and children are now taught to speak up for themselves. Despite that school pupils are expected to listen to their teachers and even carry out tasks assigned to them.

Sometimes, these tasks come in form of home assignments to test their knowledge. It is no news that most children do not like doing homework but it is rare to see a pupil who is bold enough to give true reasons for the dislike.

Legit.ng has gathered the report of a young boy identified as Eddie whose teacher asked him to write a paper stating his reasons for not doing his home assignment. The teacher, however, did not bargain for the hilarious letter she got from him.In the lengthy letter, Eddie explained that he does not like doing school work during the weekend because weekends are meant to be stress free. He also added that homework makes him sad and unhappy. Explaining further the pupil wrote that homework is not a thing in real life. See the letter below .
Where the hell is the letter?
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by klever18(m): 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2019
katekemi664:

weris d letter
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by BhbHoLLAH(m): 8:34pm On Feb 16, 2019
katekemi664:

share me the reference
Re: Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor by mechanics(m): 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2019
hahahaha, the boy is not ready to study.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Her Waec Result Was Withdrawn.(pictures ). / The Hostel In UAM Makurdi Has Finally Been Cleaned (photos Included) / Nigerian Lady Celebrates After Studying For 11 Years To Become A Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.