Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time (14558 Views)

Seun Kuti: ''Bring Metuh In Chains Next Time'' / El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by horlatunde(m): 6:12am On Feb 04, 2013
The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN has noted with serious concern the unrepentant and unremorseful conduct of the former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai in respect of the inflammatory and utterly disgraceful comment he made about the Christian faith and the person of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Inspite of our warning that he should stop such comments that carry chains of implications, El-Rufai has gone ahead to post another response which is insulting to the Christian faith.

Last Thursday, a day after our reaction to his damningly insulting comment, he retweeted as follows: “To those who see clearly, whose minds are not clouded by sheer religiosity, there is nothing insulting about the tweet”.

With this retweet, CAN believes that El-Rufai is set on a war path with the millions of Christians in Nigeria. We must state that unlike others, Christians do not shed blood, take life, kill or maim others at the slightest provocation. Nevertheless, we must warn El-Rufai not to take Christians for granted and to inform him that it is with great difficulty that we have had to restrain our youths from taking the law into their hands; which by extension means bringing El-Rufai to justice on account of his incitement and insult against the Christian faith. We may not be able to guarantee this restraint the next time he makes any other explosive statement that impugns on the Person of Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. He is, again, warned to desist from playing this dangerous and deadly game of Russian roulette.

A word, they say, is enough for the wise.

Signed

Rev. Dr. Musa Asake,

General Secretary, National CAN

247ureports.com/we-cannot-guarantee-el-rufais-safety-next-time-can/

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by seanet01: 6:20am On Feb 04, 2013
Nonsensical Reasoning.

14 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by jessybarbie(f): 6:23am On Feb 04, 2013
What is even wrong with that El Rufai? Outdated clowns seeking attention like Teenagers *smh

12 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Dreal1247: 6:36am On Feb 04, 2013
jessybarbie: What is even wrong with that El Rufai? Outdated clowns seeking attention like Teenagers *smh
He cant b worse dan saul who later became Apostle Paul. Paul made us 2 undastnd d old tstamnt. I wont b surprised 2 c El-Rufai become a xtian evangelist 2moro.

7 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Dreal1247: 6:37am On Feb 04, 2013
jessybarbie: What is even wrong with that El Rufai? Outdated clowns seeking attention like Teenagers *smh
He cant outdo the then Saul who later became Apostle Paul. Paul made us 2 undastnd d old tstamnt. I wont b surprised 2 c El-Rufai become a xtian evangelist 2moro.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by OurYansh: 7:21am On Feb 04, 2013
The Christian Arm of PDP doing what they're paid to do.

I won't be surprised if they hire some miscreant to attack El-Rufai and then claim they're Christian fanatics.

CAN has truly failed Christians and have become a disgrace to Christianity. They should stop speaking for Christians and should speak for the PDP and Goodluck Jonathan..

Comrade Our Yansh writes from his face-me-I-face-You room in Okoloba, Effurun, Delta State..

40 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by nedu2000(m): 7:33am On Feb 04, 2013
Our Yansh: The Christian Arm of PDP doing what they're paid to do.

I won't be surprised if they hire some miscreant to attack El-Rufai and then claim they're Christian fanatics.

CAN has truly failed Christians and have become a disgrace to Christianity. They should stop speaking for Christians and should speak for the PDP and Goodluck Jonathan..

Comrade Our Yansh writes from his face-me-I-face-You room in Okoloba, Effurun, Delta State..
r they not 2 speak 4 christians,how can U̶̲̥̅̊ tell dem not 2?face the issue & dats El-Rufai goofing

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by kheart(m): 7:38am On Feb 04, 2013
Hmmmmm i bet dey ll send d spirit on him. Mtchewwwww
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by OurYansh: 7:45am On Feb 04, 2013
nedu2000: r they not 2 speak 4 christians,how can U̶̲̥̅̊ tell dem not 2?face the issue & dats El-Rufai goofing

Can't you see that CAN is trying to fan the embers of hate and religious intolerance??

Has CAN ever condemned the corruption and profligacy that has become the hallmark of the PDP-led FG??

Has CAN ever condemned the FG for failing to deliver it's electoral promises, failing to secure the lives of Nigerians, failing to provide basic infrastructure and failing to fight corruption..??

Didn't you read about the reason why The Catholic church pulled out of CAN??

CAN has become an Instrument of the PDP to be used to fight perceived enemies..

Shame on CAN and the Bling-Bling flaunting thief at the helm of CAN's affair....

37 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Idokojimmy: 8:01am On Feb 04, 2013
Elrufai Elrufai Elrufai(3x)
If U are pursuing similar agenda with boko haram, I.e islamization of the country, then I'm afraid it will consume you.

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Mcdondayan: 8:31am On Feb 04, 2013
Some monikers on Nairaland crack me up. We have;
sexkillz,
sexkillzdic.k,
BushAnus,
D.ickhardner,
Jack Bauer's Balls,
Redmosquito, and now, its

OUR YANSH

9 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by jessybarbie(f): 8:33am On Feb 04, 2013
Dreal1247: .
He cant b worse dan saul who later became Apostle Paul. Paul made us 2 undastnd d old tstamnt. I wont b surprised 2 c El-Rufai become a xtian evangelist 2moro.
for his own sake let him be fast about it
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by OurYansh: 8:40am On Feb 04, 2013
Mcdondayan: Some monikers on Nairaland crack me up. We have;
sexkillz,
sexkillzdic.k,
BushAnus,
D.ickhardner,
Jack Bauer's Balls,
Redmosquito, and now, its

OUR YANSH

cheesy
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by ndala(m): 9:10am On Feb 04, 2013
Can should please forget about that bigot
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 04, 2013
PDP is talking...! nevertheless, ELRufai wasnt right but two wrongs dont make a right.... CAN_PDP another repressive sect

2 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by badassnigga(m): 9:10am On Feb 04, 2013
they can't guarantee his safety? what's that suppose to mean.

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by grafikii: 9:13am On Feb 04, 2013
Can should shut up, they forgot jesus Christ is a prophet in islam and el rufai can't mock him.

14 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 04, 2013

El-rufai spotting thesame shoes with OBJ seeking relevance in a dispensation they arent relevant.

Ignore the mallam nasir.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by elampiro(m): 9:16am On Feb 04, 2013
El Rufai was said to have apologised, why can't he stay on his apology? He is now acting proud, a man OBJ made popular.

CAN should ignore him, there is no point stressing this.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Biggyd2: 9:16am On Feb 04, 2013
CAN, I am begging you in the name of God, stop heating up this country. Practice what you preach, I beg and stop playing mr. or mrs. god!!!. come to think of it, how many of these pastors have the courage to tell the government that they are doing wrong when they err? Leave El-Rufai alone and look for positive things to do for this country.

10 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Shanshani: 9:19am On Feb 04, 2013
Death is ultimate as a Muslim I will not take anybody’s life but I am not afraid of death, the truth must be said. El-Rufai was not original owner, why going after shadows.

5 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Artistree: 9:21am On Feb 04, 2013
E mean say next time, na fight dem go fight. These pple 4get dat Jesus did not revile in return to those reviling, neither did he beat up anyone dat spoke against him even tho he was powerful! Can u be more Catholic than d pope? Can u fight 4 Jesus when he himself didn't fight his enemies?

4 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Oahray: 9:22am On Feb 04, 2013
Christian indeed! Let them ask themselves: IN THEIR SHOES, WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

This is what happens when religion is subtly politicised by forming an association. I thought God was supposed to fight for the interests of Christians

3 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Okijajuju1(m): 9:22am On Feb 04, 2013
No wonder the Catholic Church has distanced itself from this Christian Terrorist Organization of Jet flying and Jesus-Pimping Political Pastors..

Imagine threatening a Mallam.

Even Jesus when he was cornered by the Romans in Gethsemane didnt fight back, When he was booed, spat on and ridiculed at his trial didnt curse anyone, when he was whipped didnt threaten anyone, but look at so-called Pastors of Today!!

Christianity is Dead.. #Period!!

14 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 04, 2013
Biggyd2: CAN, I am begging you in the name of God, stop heating up this country. Practice what you preach, I beg and stop playing mr. or mrs. god!!!. come to think of it, how many of these pastors have the courage to tell the government that they are doing wrong when they err? Leave El-Rufai alone and look for positive things to do for this country.

CAN is not a political pressure group nor a social conscience crusader nor a political activist.

CAN is defending their belief against a reckless intruder. Pls stop this PDP rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by ifemiide: 9:25am On Feb 04, 2013
This is politics section: It means its a political issue. If it were to be a religion issue, the OP would have posted it in religion section. It means it is now difficult to differentiate from politics and religion. God will help us.
Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 04, 2013
U c wt u 1t 2 c, they know what u 1t 2 hear.
Little wonder AdeBOYe would permit GEJ to use his 'altar' as a campaign platform in the guise of 'humility before God'..
Little wonder Oritsejafor's now a proud owner of a private jet...

Anyways, dem be Men Of God.. Even if dem rape una mama, no curse or abuse dem.. Dem be Men of God and God of Men...

[img]http://nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L2NoMS5qcGd8NjAw[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-6v2QeJxHJO4/UN34w7jcpiI/AAAAAAAAFqQ/-84c4xOWv38/s320/jonathan-adeboye.jpg[/img]

The church should be setting an example for the government of transparency and responsibility, Jesus never tried to stoke the embers of hatred and strife.

Unfortunately, these days, if it weren't for their cloaks, one wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a politician and a pastor..

4 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by FindOut(m): 9:27am On Feb 04, 2013
Seriously, I thought the article was a satirical one written by one comedian. I never would have believed CAN will come up with something like this.

Let us even assume that CAN really did not know that El Rufai only retweeted the joke and was NOT the author. Now, the joke's contents, are they in anyway insulting to Jesus Christ
I believe that joke simply means that even if a whole Jesus Christ (a symbol of integrity and of almost no blemish) criticizes Jonathan, they'll still find something to pin on him to discredit him by saying he slept with Mary Magdalene.
The only person(s) insulted in this joke are the PDP/Jonathan spin doctors. Now, CAN has been severally touted as a religious arm of PDP. & they have been living up to that name. This article and d one before it only serves to fuel that belief!

May God save Nigerian christians and muslims from bloody bigots masquerading themselves as religious leaders. These religious leaders are the ones causing the problems coz they have mixed religion with politics. Again, this only further justifies the recent call/wish by Sanusi that they should all (both xtian and muslim & ''socio-political''*whatever that means in the naija context* organisations) be proscribed.

Rubbish. A christian religious leader fanning embers of hatred. I thot that was restricted to Datti Ahmed and co. If only these religious leaders can be like Onaiyekan and late Adegbite. But no, money talks now.

19 Likes

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by EagleNest(m): 9:27am On Feb 04, 2013
El-RUfai seems not to have interest in Nigeria's Unity.
As old as he is, I thought he should not have got himself so down as being a religous bigot.
It has been insuanated that he is a BH apologist but his recent unwarranted utterances leaves much than desired and confirmed his true personality.
I use to admire his strong character but he is channelling that towards the negatives.I will be wary of him from now henceforth.

1 Like

Re: CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time by erad(m): 9:27am On Feb 04, 2013
To me, anybody blaming and cursing el-rufai for the retweet is an absolute confused id*ot... CAN inclusive. The only person i see here causing religious war is CAN... why make something out of nothing? even to the extent of implying that christians are violent and subtly threatening another person. CAN is only breeding hate in christians... I'm a christian but read my bible and don't go to church, why because this is all what churches are about... segregation, inequality and bigotry.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ondo: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Makarfi’s Motion / Abacha Loot: Swiss Lawyer Tackles Malami Over Dubious N7bn Legal Fees / PDP Kicks As Kano Faction Suspends Kwankwaso For "Disrupting Congress"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.