Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,374 members, 7,836,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do (43761 Views)

VIDEO: President-elect Bola Tinubu Breaks Fast (iftar) With Family And Friends I / BREAKING: Buhari Speaks On Postponement Of 2019 General Elections / INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by Adeagbo77: 4:27am On Feb 17, 2019
MadeInTokyo:

Tinubu indirectly telling Nigerians to vote out Buhari irrespective of when election will hold in order for Democracy in Nigeria to thrive
You're a fool. When did he ask you to vote Buhari out?
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by Ccdavies(m): 5:08am On Feb 17, 2019
sarrki:
The All Progressives Congress National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has expressed disappointment over the postponement of the presidential and national assembly elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

Tinubu, in a statement he personally signed on Saturday, said though, he acknowledged the enormity of the logistical challenge that elections poses to INEC, he was still pained that the Commission could not meet this challenge within the time allotted.

He, however, urged Nigerians who intended to vote to maintain their commitment and not be discouraged by the latest development.

He said, “Do not allow this delay to deter you from the expression of your democratic rights. What you had set your mind to do on February 16, keep your mind and heart on for February 23.

“We are also perplexed that INEC literally waited so late in the day to make known the obstacles preventing it from keeping faith to the election schedule. INEC could have and should have given the nation more ample and earlier warning. This could have perhaps lessened the pervasive disappointment that we all now feel. It also would have helped people better order their steps”.

“As the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress and simply as a Nigerian, I must express my profound concern and dissatisfaction with the unexpected, late hour postponement of the presidential and national assembly elections by INEC. According to INEC, the one-week postponement of the election from February 16 to February 23 was compelled by logistical difficulties encountered by the commission in transporting essential election material to polling in various parts of the country.

“While we appreciate the enormity of the logistical challenge that elections in a vast nation like ours poses to INEC, we are still pained that the Commission could not meet this challenge within the time allotted. We are also perplexed that INEC literally waited so late in the day to make known the obstacles preventing it from keeping faith to the election schedule. INEC could have and should have given the nation more ample and earlier warning. This could have perhaps lessened the pervasive disappointment that we all now feel. It also would have helped people better order their steps today.

“We have reports of eager voters rising early to leave their homes to cast their ballots only to be told upon arriving at their appointed polling stations that the election had been postponed. This should not have happened for it could well discourage people from coming out when the election takes place. Thus, we heartily commend those people for coming out in exercise of their fundamental rights and duties as citizen voters, who vote by vote, seek to build and perfect our democracy. For each voter is in part an architect and each one of your votes is a brick by which, when lain together, shall construct a strong democracy in such a way that it shall forever stand and endure. Thus, we appeal to all who actually came out to vote and to those who intended to vote today, to maintain your commitment. Do not allow this delay to deter you from the expression of your democratic rights. What you had set your mind to do on February 16, keep your mind and heart on for February 23.

“INEC has stated the reason for the delay and has expressed regret over the inconveniences it has caused. We must take INEC’s statement at face value and hold to the belief that INEC understands even more than ever the sober and grave responsibility it has to our nation and our democracy. INEC can only properly discharge that responsibility by conducting free and fair elections. While we cannot go back to repair what did or did not happen to cause this postponement, we all must encourage INEC to do all that is necessary so voting can smoothly proceed on February 23. Whatever our political affiliation, we must encourage INEC to overcome the difficulties in order to rise to this most important occasion. INEC must commit itself more than ever before to perform to its utmost so that these elections will be remembered as a free and fair exercise consonant with the best of international standards.

“In the end, elections must be held in such a manner that every vote carries the same weight and no vote is minimized because elections took place much earlier or later in one place than in another. Thus, it is better to experience a slight delay to conduct the elections properly rather than to conduct the elections piecemeal and uneven fashion. No one will absolve INEC if such a fate befalls this all-important election. The electoral body must use the one-week extension mend its logistics gaps and lapses. This delay has clearly provoked significant anger and disappointment among the people. The voters were ready and INEC should have been equally as prepared and ready as the voters. Yet, we ask that the people contain their anger and remain calm. Let no one be tempted to breach the peace because of this delay.

“In the greater scheme of things, a one-week delay is not overly burdensome when compared to the importance of conduct of free and just elections in the establishment of representative democracy and good governance in our land. Please, persevere just a bit longer to ensure that the elections on February 23 truly reflect the will of the people. Whatever obstacles may come, be they large or small, let us show the world the Nigerian people will not be deterred from realizing the democracy for which we have fought and sacrificed so long and so hard to achieve.”

http://dailypost.ng/2019/02/16/nigeria-decides-tinubu-breaks-silence-postponement-election-tells-nigerians/

Who read to the end? What did he say finally? Yak ndi.ooo
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by Citizen0(m): 6:19am On Feb 17, 2019
Buhari has failed us in all ramifications. Nigeria is now a laughing stock. But those plans of theirs. Will never work. Apc belongs to the past and will remain in the past.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by RemiOAjayi: 7:14am On Feb 17, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Criminals deserve no respect

Tinubu is a criminal .. that's why Ogun state people almost finished him and buhari with stone the other day

It's not hate that wins election dear is being strategic , hate us is your business one thing is sure PMB is coming back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by ashjay001(m): 7:35am On Feb 17, 2019
sarrki:

Tinubu is not the cause of the problem you are passing tru personally

You hates him coz it’s not from your zone

Check out d regions, where malpractices, were already occurring?
Abia - written result sheets
Rivers - stolen card readers
Akwa Ibom - burnt inec logistic buses

Some pple, still don't get it!

They're loosing this elections too, hands down! Nigeria must progress!
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by SEGLIZ: 7:49am On Feb 17, 2019
MadeInTokyo:

Tinubu indirectly telling Nigerians to vote out Buhari irrespective of when election will hold in order for Democracy in Nigeria to thrive

do you have a reason to believe this your concept?
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by Effiongdbest: 7:53am On Feb 17, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

Jagaban, the chinedu, chibuzor..... political UNDERTAKER.

Jagapant the looter, criminal, coward, drugpeddler, and the destiny capturer of all the yoruba race both home and abroad.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by fk001(m): 8:09am On Feb 17, 2019
SalamRushdie:

no he is not the source but he is supporting Buhari who is a problem I have

That's the beauty of democracy.

Just because Someone likes Atiku that doesn't mean I should hate that person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by varyo: 8:22am On Feb 17, 2019
[God bless us with Atiku.quote author=Effiongdbest post=75807006]The only victory that will be widely accepted and Jubilated is the victory of only one man among many, his name is Atiku Abubakar. Chai Nigeria will be painted blue and green that day, people will celebrate like its Christmas. Buhari leave us alone terrorist. Go back home and rest mbok.[/quote]
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by Pepsi11: 8:58am On Feb 17, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]see below

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:02am On Feb 17, 2019
RemiOAjayi:

It's not hate that wins election dear is being strategic , hate us is your business one thing is sure PMB is coming back

Sounds like something a loser will say
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by 77up(m): 9:13am On Feb 17, 2019
You all wailers will surly give us more wailing styles till 2031 because Osinbajo is taking over after Buhari in 2023.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by 77up(m): 9:20am On Feb 17, 2019
ashjay001:

Check out d regions, where malpractices, were already occurring?
Abia - written result sheets
Rivers - stolen card readers
Akwa Ibom - burnt inec logistic buses

Some pple, still don't get it!

They're loosing this elections too, hands down! Nigeria must progress!
Only people with good reasoning sense will come out with this

Thumb up bro

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by lerrytunechi(m): 9:27am On Feb 17, 2019
Contact us

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by gaskiyamagana: 9:31am On Feb 17, 2019
Effiongdbest:

Jagapant the looter, criminal, coward, drugpeddler, and the destiny capturer of all the yoruba race both home and abroad.
Jagaban will do it again, I mean, he will defeat 5 % shameless voters.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by Smartgunna: 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
abbey621:

Stay away from drugs grin grin grin

Lol. Funny enough my job gives me access to a wide range of narcotics so it's not my fault but I have moments of lucidity where i spew truths like I just did. cheesy grin. It's also very easy for me to spot a dude with generational insanity. I'm not calling names, but it takes a loonie to detect a druggie online without examination. Cheers human.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by Zionman24: 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2019
Who would listen to your criminal advice.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by abbey621(m): 3:12pm On Feb 17, 2019
Smartgunna:

Lol. Funny enough my job gives me access to a wide range of narcotics so it's not my fault but I have moments of lucidity where i spew truths like I just did. cheesy grin. It's also very easy for me to spot a dude with generational insanity. I'm not calling names, but it takes a loonie to detect a druggie online without examination. Cheers human.

Incoherent speech, false statements and generalization; all symptoms of a person with mental issues. It could be drug related as you just admitted or a generational curse either way get help man!
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by Effiongdbest: 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

Jagaban will do it again, I mean, he will defeat 5 % shameless voters.

Jagapant never did the first one do what makes you think he can do a second. NW, NC, NE gave Buhari the victory. Kwankwaso made it possible for Buhari with Kano(NW) votes and not your miserable Jagapant slave who is ONLY relevant in Afonja skull mining region.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by RemiOAjayi: 10:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Sounds like something a loser will say

I'm a winner I do not know how losers talk , it takes a loser to know one
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by Smartgunna: 10:28pm On Feb 17, 2019
abbey621:

Incoherent speech, false statements and generalization; all symptoms of a person with mental issues. It could be drug related as you just admitted or a generational curse either way get help man!

My introspections are incoherent for folks with restricted cognitive sturdiness tending to being borderline schizophrenic.I get that. Why discriminate against people with mental issues?some of the most intelligent people ever have been found to be bipolar!
But hey sprog I've been speaking in the third person so why take out your frustrations on me. I'd advice you unleash your arsenal on your president. He is the reason your economic index is where it is at the moment mbok. I've got important issues to deal with. In the meantime instead of calling me incoherent, just be meek enough to take out a dictionary if u dont understand stuff but I still expect u to label me incoherent again cos its garbage in garbage out for APC folks.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by abbey621(m): 10:52pm On Feb 17, 2019
Smartgunna:

My introspections are incoherent for folks with restricted cognitive sturdiness tending to being borderline schizophrenic.I get that. Why discriminate against people with mental issues?some of the most intelligent people ever have been found to be bipolar!
But hey sprog I've been speaking in the third person so why take out your frustrations on me. I'd advice you unleash your arsenal on your president. He is the reason your economic index is where it is at the moment mbok. I've got important issues to deal with. In the meantime instead of calling me incoherent, just be meek enough to take out a dictionary if u dont understand stuff but I still expect u to label me incoherent again cos its garbage in garbage out for APC folks.

Thanks for proving my point, get well soon okay!
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do by Smartgunna: 11:05pm On Feb 17, 2019
abbey621:

Thanks for proving my point, get well soon okay!

U will never get it sprog. Make sure to inform yourself on your way out. you're welcome for the banter.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe: Ebelechukwu Obiano Deserved The Slap From Bianca Ojukwu / Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration / FFK Replies Trump On Twitter: "Do Not Waver! Hold The Line And Be Strong!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.