Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex (27260 Views)

Cardinal Becciu: Vatican Court Convicts Former Pope Adviser Of Financial Crimes / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by uniquerealities(m): 7:19am On Feb 17, 2019
SiobhanMeadow:
He should pay for his crimes.
The catholic church needs to allow these men to marry so that they would stop abusing young boys.Any found guilty should face the music.
so you mean married men don't have extra marital affairs? even if they allow them marry those of them that can not stay true to their oath of chastity will not stay true to their wife. it is a matter of commitment.

2 Likes

Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by Truefaith: 7:25am On Feb 17, 2019
God, in 1 Timothy 4:1-3, says the doctrine of celibacy is from Satan.

The late father Charles Chiniquy wrote that more than 97% of Catholic priests in his time were fornicators, adulterers and homosexuals. Most of the nunneries were - and still are - worse than brothels. Many of them were - and are -murderers of unborn babies and illegitimate children.

A good number of the popes were sons of 'celibate' popes.

Between God and the Devil, every lost person instinctively chooses the Devil: who do you choose?

The Roman Catholic Church, from the day of Constantine, has been the headquarters of Satan.

www.thetruechristianfaith.com/2016/09/23/are-you-a-catholic/
Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by lakeside3020(m): 7:33am On Feb 17, 2019
He without a sin let him cast the stone,all have sinned and come short of the golry of our lord Jesus Christ
Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by bilulu(m): 7:34am On Feb 17, 2019
SiobhanMeadow:
The catholic church needs to allow these men to marry so that they would stop abusing young boys.Any found guilty should face the music.
how about married pastors who still go about abusing married women and young girls? who go spoil go spoil

2 Likes

Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by bilulu(m): 7:37am On Feb 17, 2019
rentAcock:
Seriously at this point the Catholic church should be disbanded. The church has become a joke, you have fathers molesting little boys. It just goes to show that no matter how hard you try to suppress your libido, its impossible. These guys have to ease the built up sexual tensions and sometimes the easiest and most vulnerable targets are little kids. Its' just sad.
how about those married pastors going after married women and young girls? what should be done to their church?

4 Likes

Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 17, 2019
McCarrick's defrockment has taken a long time coming.

Better late than never.

What a sad life for that cardinal.

If I were him I'd go to a monastery in a lonely wilderness somewhere and serve out my penance.

2 Likes

Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by JJOF(m): 7:38am On Feb 17, 2019
Zoharariel:

You're correct. Since there are no Paedophiles in the Church or amongst the Christians; the FG should impose tax on all the Churches & dissolve CAN for using the private jet of its former President (Ayo Oritsejafor) to smuggle arms from South Afrika. grin

https://secure.saharareporters.com/2014/09/15/arms-smuggling-jet-caught-10million-south-africa-linked-can-president-ayo-oritsejafor
Will u shut up. It's so clear that u knw nothing abt evrytin u wrote in ur comnt. It's true dat churches dnt pay any 4m of levi to d govt, but dat doesn't mean xtians dnt pay tax. Xtians pay tax. Oritsejafor leased his jet to d FG, whom used it to procure arms worth almost $10m for d country. Nxt time ensure u comnt reasonable, n not hate-fully.

1 Like

Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by bilulu(m): 7:38am On Feb 17, 2019
DimIsaac10:
Make Catholic just announce say dem permit fathers or rev to they marry make dem see troups wei go summit application form
the whole place go full.... the only thing stopping most people is dat celibacy stuff.... even some pastors go convert sharp sharp
Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by olabrad: 7:39am On Feb 17, 2019
rentAcock:
Seriously at this point the Catholic church should be disbanded. The church has become a joke, you have fathers molesting little boys. It just goes to show that no matter how hard you try to suppress your libido, its impossible. These guys have to ease the built up sexual tensions and sometimes the easiest and most vulnerable targets are little kids. Its' just sad.

Goan disband them now. There are several Pentecostal churches doing that evil too. They too should be disbanded. Stop being blind

2 Likes

Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 17, 2019
SiobhanMeadow:

The Catholic Church hasn't forced any of its members to become priests.

If you feel you can't do without sex, don't become a priest. Simple. Priesthood isn't meant for everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by Eroms4life17(m): 7:42am On Feb 17, 2019
I must commend the Catholic Church for having the moral balls to dismiss this erring Bishop and to sanitize the church. But let's not kid ourselves here. This celibacy thing is really pushing most religious leaders to commit sin. This is just a case of one out of thousands if not millions. Let them marry so that our innocent children will not be defiled.
Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 17, 2019
rentAcock:

Your level of spiritual development is still on the low scale I'm afraid and you may not even be better than these priests who sexually molest young ones if you think mastering the sexual instinct is impossible. I'd point you on the path to achieving such mastery but your earlier statement screams " I'M NOT READY".

1 Like

Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by rentAcock(m): 7:45am On Feb 17, 2019
5thElement:

Your level of spiritual development is still on the low scale I'm afraid and you may not even be better than these priests who sexually molest young ones if you think mastering the sexual instinct is impossible. I'd point you on the path to achieving such mastery but your earlier statement screams " I'M NOT READY".

Sure, you must be a monk who has mastered absolute celibacy. Congrats.
Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 17, 2019
HMZi:
Am I the only Catholic that doesn't subscribe to the whole celibacy thing....Konji is a must

Has the Catholic church enforced the priesthood on you?

1 Like

Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 17, 2019
Eroms4life17:
I must commend the Catholic Church for having the moral balls to dismiss this erring Bishop and to sanitize the church. But let's not kid ourselves here. This celibacy thing is really pushing most religious leaders to commit sin. This is just a case of one out of thousands if not millions. Let them marry so that our innocent children will not be defiled.

Are you aware that there are Tibetan monks (non Christians) who live in their monasteries high up in the Himalayan mountains who practice continence and celibacy?

Are you aware that there are many humans who aren't even Catholic or Christians who are celibate because they gain spiritual growth and progress from the practice of celibacy?

Do you know that the Bible encourages celibacy for those who can as the best way of life?

Do you realize that the Catholic priesthood is not by force and that after you are ordained if you want to leave and go get married(even though not encouraged), you can do so?

4 Likes

Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by Ayoefa: 7:53am On Feb 17, 2019
What's the news here.... they are all Pedophiles. Sex and money, that's all it's all about.
Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by uzoexcel(m): 7:53am On Feb 17, 2019
clarify this

rentAcock:
Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:53am On Feb 17, 2019
5thElement:

The Catholic Church hasn't forced any of its members to become priests.

If you feel you can't do without sex, don't become a priest. Simple. Priesthood isn't meant for everyone.
Don't know don't care all I know is that they should stop abusing children.
Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 17, 2019
rentAcock:

Sure, you must be a monk who has mastered absolute celibacy. Congrats.

Lol. Not quite. And my earlier statement wasn't meant as a judgement on your personality. We all are on a journey. Everyone's level of development is different. So, no judgement bro.
Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 17, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Don't know don't care all I know is that they should stop abusing children.

Who are the they? Catholic priests or humanity?

Quite easy to point accusing fingers when our own faults and failings are well hidden from public gaze, right?

1 Like

Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by Eroms4life17(m): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2019
5thElement:

Are you aware that there are Tibetan monks (non Christians) who live in their monasteries high up in the Himalayan mountains who practice continence and celibacy?

Are you aware that there are many humans who aren't even Catholic or Christians who are celibate because they gain spiritual growth and progress from the practice of celibacy?

Do you know that the Bible encourages celibacy for those who can as the best way of life?

Do you realize that the Catholic priesthood is not by force and that after you are ordained if you want to leave and go get married(even though not encouraged), you can do so?
Are you also aware how many young people these priests have violated in the last 100 years?
Are you aware that the AMERICAN Catholic Church paid over 1billion dollars as secret compensation to Victims of abuse in the last ten years until it was exposed by a Bishop late last year?
Pastors and church leaders can testify the enormous temptation they get from the female folk even when some of them are married not to talk of priests
Yes they can leave priesthood and marry. But my brother will u face the shame of being addressed as a former priest or will u continue when u hear there are ways around this celibacy thing.
Let's be honest sir!
Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by wink2015(m): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2019
oluchisimfred:
The Vatican has expelled 88-year-old U.S. Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, after he was found guilty of soliciting for sex while hearing confession and of sexual crimes against minors and adults.

U.S. Cardinal Theodore McCarrick who is the first cardinal to be defrocked in the church’s sex abuse scandals, can no longer celebrate Mass or other sacraments, wear clerical vestments or be addressed by any religious title. The Vatican expelled the former archbishop of Washington, after Pope Francis led an extraordinary gathering of bishops to tried to find a solution sexual abuse allegations against priests in the catholic church.

McCarrick, 88, who became the first Catholic prelate in nearly 100 years to lose the title of cardinal in July, appealed the decision which was made secretly in the first instance on January 11, but it was upheld earlier this week and the pope has ruled that no further appeal would be allowed.

The former Cardinal who became a power-broker as archbishop of Washington from 2001 to 2006, has been living in seclusion in a remote friary in Kansas, had before now responded publicly to only one of the allegations, saying he has “absolutely no recollection” of an alleged case of sexual abuse of a 16-year-old boy more than 50 years ago.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/02/17/vatican-expels-u-s-cardinal-theodore-mccarrick-for-soliciting-sex-from-confessors/

The catholic church should amend their laws to pave way for their cardinals, Reverend Father to get married and have children. Above all enjoy a fulfilling sexual lifestyles.

This will reduce drastically incidences of sexual offences, pedophiles etc

Celebacy lifestyle is killing the roman catholic churches of which a review should be put in the pipeline.

Reverend father, reverend sisters are sex starved because of the catholic church traditional doctrine that forbid them from getting married.

This incidences is a reminder to the Vatican and the rest of our orthodox churches that an amendment of the laws is what should be the next step to save the church from embarrassment.

Some will argue that it was the personal choice or decision of the Cardinal to take up the profession of Reverend father having been preinformed of what it entails which actually involves celibacy lifestyle of which nobody forced him to.

And that the Cardinal had no valid argument other than to comply with the rules of the church.

But it is of necessity to note here that it is the roman catholic church which is the main body of the church that is experiencing the bulk of the embarrassment and shame not fully the accused cardinal.
Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by AmazonHippolyta(f): 8:03am On Feb 17, 2019
5thElement:

Who are the they? Catholic priests or humanity?

Quite easy to point accusing fingers when our own faults and failings are well hidden from public gaze, right?
focus on the issue at hand nobody is without sin I agree.They should stop abusing young boys
Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by Coolgent(m): 8:07am On Feb 17, 2019
Thats why i think its rediculous to confess to a fellow man why not pray to almighty God for forgiveness without involving third party?

1 Like

Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 17, 2019
AmazonHippolyta:
focus on the issue at hand nobody is without sin I agree.They should stop abusing young boys

I am focused dear. I agree with you. They should stop molesting kids. I'm just curious as to who you think "they" are.
Re: Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 17, 2019
[quote author=Eroms4life17 post=75812887].

Are you also aware how many young people these priests have violated in the last 100 years?

No I'm not aware. Can you give us the statistics? I'm interested in knowing.

Are you aware that the AMERICAN Catholic Church paid over 1billion dollars as secret compensation to Victims of abuse in the last ten years until it was exposed by a Bishop late last year?

It is certainly possible.

Pastors and church leaders can testify the enormous temptation they get from the female folk even when some of them are married not to talk of priests

So we are agreed that it has to do with individual spiritual enlightenment and not necessarily whether they are marred or not. I agree.

Yes they can leave priesthood and marry. But my brother will u face the shame of being addressed as a former priest or will u continue when u hear there are ways around this celibacy thing.
Let's be honest sir!

You may not be aware, but priests leave the priesthood constantly to go get married. The founder of the charismatic movement in the Catholic church was an archBishop. He pulled his cassock and got married. (Archbishop Milingo).
The shame is in wearing the cassock and using it to molest people. There's no shame in leaving and getting married. I know a few deacons who were already ordained and they couldn't proceed. Their weddings were officiated in the Church.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney / Prophet Onyeka "Heals" A Mad Man In Onitsha (Photos) / Melchisedec - Who Was This Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.