Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

First Lady scolds governor in public. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Lady scolds governor in public. (16141 Views)

I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / MASSOB Scolds Ohaneze: Stop Demanding Political Privileges From Buhari / Rivers Group Scolds Amaechi Over His Comment That Gej Only Developed Biafrans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Lady scolds governor in public. by MRMoneyE(m): 12:51am On Aug 25, 2010
[b]The First Lady’s two-day visit to Rivers State ended in a fiasco yesterday.

All was well, until Dame Patience Jonathan and her chief host, Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi got to Okrika – the First Lady’s home town.

The governor was explaining by video his school project in Okrika, saying there must be demolition of some buildings to have space for the schools.

Mrs Jonathan cut in, grabbed the microphone and said the governor should reconsider the way he was going about the demolition. An attempt by Amaechi to explain the situation sent the First Lady boiling.

She shouted at Amaechi: "Listen!, you must listen to me!"

The governor was embarrassed, like a scolded school pupil. The audience hailed Mrs Jonathan, goading the First Lady on.

The President’s wife, however, described land as a serious issue in Okrika and told Amaechi to always avoid "must" when talking about waterfronts’ demolition. The governor never mentioned "waterfronts", but Mrs. Jonathan went on: "I want you to get me clear. I am from here (Okrika). I know the problems of my people. So, I know what I am talking. I do not want us to go into crises. We are preaching peace and we must maintain peace at any time.

"But what I am telling you is that you always say you must demolish. That word ‘must, you use is not good. It is by pleading. You appeal to the owners of the compound, because they will not go into exile. Land is a serious issue."

Downcast, Amaechi shunned a reception organised for the First Lady. The reception was, however, not on the programme.

Mrs Jonathan hurriedly left for Abuja. Her planned visit to Port Harcourt prisons, where the Chief Judge, Justice Iche Ndu, was expected to release some prisoners, was cancelled. So was her visit to the new Model Secondary School at Ebubu-Eleme, among others.

A civic reception in honour of the President’s wife was held at the Sharks Stadium, Port Harcourt on Monday. Her pet programme, Women for Change Initiative (WFCI), was launched.

This was followed by a state banquet/Award Night at the Government House, Port Harcourt, where the former Miss World, Agbani Darego, who hails from the state, and some women were honoured for their outstanding contributions to society.[/b]

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by MRMoneyE(m): 12:55am On Aug 25, 2010
Power drunk woman, she is taking undue advantage to insult an elected governor , I want to believe all that is said about this woman life style is true,
Patience take am easy oooo
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Sharonf(f): 1:09am On Aug 25, 2010
Who vote this aunty as 1st vice governor?
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Mobinga: 1:13am On Aug 25, 2010
Thats what fits him!! He shouldn't have shut down the road, all because she was coming. . . Phreaking Morons!! She aint even the president!! closind down the entire express way and left the traffic jammed!
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by ladej(m): 1:17am On Aug 25, 2010
Sharon_f:

Who vote this aunty as 1st vice governor?
we never learn. history always repeats itself, it wasnt long ago we were opining about Turai and her idiosyncracies. sighs. embarassed
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by ladej(m): 1:19am On Aug 25, 2010
MR Money £:

Power drunk woman, she is taking undue advantage to insult an elected governor , I want to believe all that is said about this woman life style is true,
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
she wont take it easy. the power, wealth, position is something she isnt used to, so hence the abuse
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by slaiojel: 1:24am On Aug 25, 2010
Mrs Jonathan hurriedly left for Abuja. Her planned visit to Port Harcourt prisons, where the Chief Judge, Justice Iche Ndu, was expected to release some prisoners, was cancelled.

chei, chinekee, poor uncountable prisoners will rot in prison for weeks, months or years just because of one opportunist who could not control her anger, God Dey!

Sorry ooo, poor prisoners for the anxiety in you guys to see the day-break has been cut short.

phew, this is pathetic, in short am speechless.

1 Like

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by MRMoneyE(m): 1:27am On Aug 25, 2010
ladej:

she wont take it easy. the power, wealth, position is something she isnt used to, so hence the abuse

Ahaha, I think she should just hold it and take it cool, Good name and Good reputation are better than richies and Gold[
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Becomrich0: 1:30am On Aug 25, 2010
What I get from her statement is that she is saying half of port harcourt is Okrika and the other half is Ikwerre. The north of the red land is Ikwerre , while the south is Okrika. This is what her statement means. I hope I make sense.

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by 0hsisi: 1:32am On Aug 25, 2010
This is a woman that should have been locked up for embezzlement of funds in Bayelsa .
Nigeria is indeed a failed experiment.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by 0hsisi: 1:34am On Aug 25, 2010
Becomrich0:

What I get from her statement is that she is saying half of port harcourt is Okrika and the other half is Ikwerre. The north of the red land is Ikwerre , while the south is Okrika. This is what her statement means. I hope I make sense.

Must you give us your pictures?
What is all this ?
Can't you just leave these pictures off your posts or do you have it programmed such that any response you give is accompanied by an annoying picture?
TUFIAKWA!!
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by MRMoneyE(m): 1:35am On Aug 25, 2010
Becomrich0:

What I get from her statement is that she is saying half of port harcourt is Okrika and the other half is Ikwerre. The north of the red land is Ikwerre , while the south is Okrika. This is what are statement means. I hope I make sense.

ok oooooo, Mr Land surveyor !   Yet at that she shouldnt had insulted the governor.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Beaf: 1:37am On Aug 25, 2010
[size=14pt]Amaechi, INC President, War Over PH Waterfronts[/size]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fire literarily crackled at the visit of the Rivers State governor, Rotimi Amaechi  to Okrika Local Government Area  on Friday, August 6, 2010. Okrika stands as the official headquarter of opposition to the Chibuike Amaechi waterfront demolition policy so the town hall meeting was like the meeting of two enemies at a war front.

http://nationalpointonline.com/nponline/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=2200&cntnt01origid=84&cntnt01returnid=84

The water front demolition seems to be a very touchy issue that has even been taken up by human rights groups. Some see it as ethnic warfare, others see it as targetting the poor for displacement, development etc. I think non-indegenes would be wise to steer clear of comments on this one.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by MRMoneyE(m): 1:42am On Aug 25, 2010
Beaf:

http://nationalpointonline.com/nponline/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=2200&cntnt01origid=84&cntnt01returnid=84

The water front demolition seems to be a very touchy issue that has even been taken up by human rights groups. Some see it as ethnic warfare, others see it as targetting the poor for displacement, development etc. I think non-indegenes would be wise to steer clear of comments

Huh okay now
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 25, 2010
Yéyé women. . .
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by puskin: 1:47am On Aug 25, 2010
. . . so because a mere first lady came to PH, they had to shut down the entire expressway just for one woman. Where in the western world is this done and who is she to shout down on an elected guv'nor.

Naija. . . .where art thou goeth??
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by davidif: 1:59am On Aug 25, 2010
FOR THE FIRST TIME, I AM PROUD OF THE WIFE OF AN ELECTED OFFICIAL. GREAT JOB BY HER. I HOPE THAT ALL THIS OVER-ZEALOUS GOVERNORS LIKE FASHOLA AND CO. WHO GO ABOUT DESTROYING PEOPLE'S LIVES AND LIVELIHOODS ALL IN THE NAME OF "DEVELOPMENT" HEAR THIS.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Abagworo(m): 2:01am On Aug 25, 2010
In as much as I am a full time supporter of jonathan,I believe his wife should be cautioned.development comes with sacrifices and she should encourage her people to embrace development and not seek cheap popularity by insulting an elected governor.

1 Like

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Afam4eva(m): 2:06am On Aug 25, 2010
This woman is really power drunk. Even Stella wouldn't do this.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by 0hsisi: 2:13am On Aug 25, 2010
afam4eva:

when she was busy getting panel beaten and buying assorted bleaching cream,did she know what was going on?
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by honeric01(m): 2:14am On Aug 25, 2010
What does Patience know about Governance?  
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by 0hsisi: 2:15am On Aug 25, 2010
An impatient patience
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by MRMoneyE(m): 2:18am On Aug 25, 2010
afam4eva:

Compare and contrast I think the difference is clear,

1 Like

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by violent(m): 2:21am On Aug 25, 2010
she's such an uncouthly, untutored individual who'd probably ruin the small landmark her husband is working hard to achieve ahead of general elections with her power drunkenness and cheap attempt at public recognition, marred by terrible grammar!

I mean, someone should get her an English tutor already!

3 Likes

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by MRMoneyE(m): 2:26am On Aug 25, 2010
violent:

she's such an uncouthly, untutored individual who'd probably ruin the small landmark her husband is working hard to achieve ahead of general elections with her power drunkenness and cheap attempt at public recognition, marred by terrible grammar!

I mean, someone should get her an English tutor already!

@ Violent
Grammar, Grammar no be money, Grammar, Grammar, Grammar no be Patience language grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by mikeoscar: 2:42am On Aug 25, 2010

O.K. I don't support People being rude to others (and all that gangsta microphone snatching) but the last time I checked nobody had elected Rotimi Amaechi into office as governor. Yup!
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Sharonf(f): 2:49am On Aug 25, 2010
mike oscar:

O.K. I don't support People being rude to others (and all that gangsta microphone snatching) but the last time I checked nobody had elected Rotimi Amaechi into office as governor. Yup!

And I guess we voted her in as the president's wife
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Obimek: 3:06am On Aug 25, 2010
She could have still made her point without bashing an intellectual governor! Shame on her!

1 Like

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Gifo(m): 3:22am On Aug 25, 2010
Obimek:

She could have still made her point without bashing an intellectual governor! Shame on her!
Indeed, she could have; but it is important not to miss that dialogue is the best way to go.

Sharon-f: Just take it cool a bit on her. You need to know that the vexing issue is a very sensitive one, and the tendency to be emotional is high. This comment does not however, condone any bashing of a public figure. The intricacies are more than just the faults of the first lady. It's a complex matter; and that is why I still think and wish that the matter be resolved amicably with dialogue.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Afam4eva(m): 3:33am On Aug 25, 2010
The woman is a tout.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by OAM4J: 3:34am On Aug 25, 2010
I think the press is just making unnecessary mountain out of a molehill.

There is nothing 'scolding' or wrong in what she said, she is a stakeholder from Okrika, hence has a right to voice her opinion.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by bkbabe97y(m): 3:47am On Aug 25, 2010
Theres a time and a place for everything, and berating a fellow public official in front of the populace just to get cheap publicity just doesnt cut it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

India Must Go / 2023 Election Most Credible In Nigeria’s History – Tinubu / Picture Of A Unconscious Policeman With Gun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.