Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

First Lady scolds governor in public. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Lady scolds governor in public. (16126 Views)

I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / MASSOB Scolds Ohaneze: Stop Demanding Political Privileges From Buhari / Rivers Group Scolds Amaechi Over His Comment That Gej Only Developed Biafrans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by komando1: 8:08am On Aug 25, 2010
No u arent, since ure the only slowpoke on here that stay posting and retorting his own self. . . . U wanna hear something "correctly"? Bend ova, suck your own diyyyck and nut all ova your own face, u slowpoke! How dumb are u? U've dedicated at least 250 posts to me yet I ignore u like others do, still, u keep coming like a ho that loves being abused; can u just get in the middle of a highway and rid urself of us already? Imagine, some dumb, fat, pimple faced biyytch is letting u boink her all in the name of wanting diyyyck! I hope ure sterile cus u reproducing will do more harm than good to this beautiful world!

Thought so.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Dark1(m): 8:09am On Aug 25, 2010
Humans never learn! If the Babangidas, Yarduas and Abachas could vacate the corridors of power, who is invisible?

Someone better tell this woman there's  here after tommorow to think of.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by mrkoma2012: 8:11am On Aug 25, 2010
In the Nigerian constitution this ego tripping first lady is not a elected therefore she cant not order the governor of a state from improving the livelihood of its people, so make she wait for the new presidential jets to arrive and go shopping across the globe on the nations purse as her position demands
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by komando1: 8:16am On Aug 25, 2010
Quote from Bk
Theres a time and a place for everything, and berating a fellow public official in front of the populace just to get cheap publicity just doesnt cut it!

Bros, try and measure yourself with your words and see if you measure up.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by naso2(m): 8:36am On Aug 25, 2010

said the governor should reconsider the way he was going about the demolition. An attempt by Amaechi to explain the situation sent the First Lady boiling.

She shouted at Amaechi: "Listen!, you must listen to me!"

The governor was embarrassed, like a scolded school pupil. The audience hailed Mrs Jonathan, goading the First Lady on.

The President’s wife, however, described land as a serious issue in Okrika and told Amaechi to always avoid "must" when talking about waterfronts’ demolition. The governor never mentioned "waterfronts", but Mrs. Jonathan went on: "I want you to get me clear. I am from here (Okrika). I know the problems of my people. So, I know what I am talking. I do not want us to go into crises. We are preaching peace and we must maintain peace at any time.

"But what I am telling you is that you always say you must demolish. That word ‘must, you use is not good. It is by pleading. You appeal to the owners of the compound, because they will not go into exile. Land is a serious issue."

I think she should have managed her emotions better, but with women you never know.

If Ameachi wanted private scolding,then he should have said things like that to her privately. You dont bring a woman before her people and make statements that are being contended by her people and expect her to keep quiet, thereby giving the impression that the first lady too is in support of the demolition.

I SEE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG IN HER STATEMENT.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by rasputinn(m): 8:44am On Aug 25, 2010
bidemi12:

And ooo!! rasputin, you need to have your head checked. your line of arguement is somewhat disturbing. what business of her's is it that she should have been briefed before hand. last i checked, being first lady is not an appointed nor elected position. Neither does the constitution recognize it.

Little wonder they say empty barrels(like you) make the loudest noise
If she needn’t be briefed,why was no less a person than the governor briefing her via monitor.
Do you know how Nigeria got her name?do you know how Delta state was created?does your ignorant behind know why John the Baptist was beheaded or why Nigeria was drifting ever so close to  major anarchy and failed statehood especially during the period of Oct 2009 and April 2010?I guess you don’t so I’ll school you;it’s because some unelected persons(wives of the elected/appointed persons) asked the elected ones to do it and they did,PERIOD.
Knowing full well that the ingredients or critical factors for the above scenarios to play themselves out are still very much obtainable in this clime,then the diplomatic and smart thing to do(knowing how touchy the issue is) was to have given her the heads up by way of an advance briefing and all the needless brouhaha and public show of shame would have been avoided

So my friend(),next time you wanna ask someone to check their heads,you might wanna check yours first,and oh,your spellings ,check those also
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by bidemi12(m): 8:50am On Aug 25, 2010
rasputinn:

Little wonder they say empty barrels(like you) make the loudest noise
If she needn’t be briefed,why was no less a person than the governor briefing her via monitor.
Do you know how Nigeria got her name?do you know how Delta state was created?does your ignorant behind know why John the Baptist was beheaded or why Nigeria was drifting ever so close to major anarchy and failed statehood especially during the period of Oct 2009 and April 2010?I guess you don’t so I’ll school you;it’s because some unelected persons(wives of the elected/appointed persons) asked the elected ones to do it and they did,PERIOD.
Knowing full well that the ingredients or critical factors for the above scenarios to play themselves out are still very much obtainable in this clime,then the diplomatic and smart thing to do(knowing how touchy the issue is) was to have given her the heads up by way of an advance briefing and all the needless brouhaha and public show of shame would have been avoided

So my friend(),next time you wanna ask someone to check their heads,you might wanna check yours first,and oh,your spellings ,check those also

It is because of retards like this that Nigeria is being ruled by morons. I rest my case.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by rasputinn(m): 8:52am On Aug 25, 2010
ziddy:

She's well within her rights but she has unrestricted access to a private audience with Amaechi, she didn't have to speak up in public just to score cheap points with her people.

Then again,Amaechi is smart,he really should have moved a step faster than that presidential bigot

QED
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by rasputinn(m): 8:54am On Aug 25, 2010
bidemi12:

It is because of retards like this that Nigeria is being ruled by morons. I rest my case.

The word "retard" is over-played on nairaland my friend,if you do not have the capacity to muster informed debates,don't hide under curses and swear words,as those wont prove anything to the contrary.
If you lack knowledge,ask those who're more enlightened than you,and they'll teach you;FOR FREE
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by babylishus: 8:56am On Aug 25, 2010
What do you expect from a woman who probably never had any form of proper home training and etiquette? What do expect from someone who would stoop as low as to fight publicly with other women? I really wonder where Mr Jonathan picked her up, This just goes to show you that style and class cannot be bought and that you can take the girl out of the street but you can't take the street out of the girl!!!

I shudder to think how this woman will disgrace the country when she meets up with REAL women of style and class like Michelle Obama and the Queen of England? I hope he doesn't pounce on Mrs Obama in a fit of jealous rage!!! grin
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by bidemi12(m): 8:59am On Aug 25, 2010
rasputinn:

The word "retard" is over-played on nairaland my friend,if you do not have the capacity to muster informed debates,don't hide under curses and swear words,as those wont prove anything to the contrary.
If you lack knowledge,ask those who're more enlightened than you,and they'll teach you;FOR FREE

The problem with you and most nigerians is that you are wrapped in a cocoon of ignorance. where in the world have you heard that the wife of the president deserves to be briefed about the workings of a state government? you still have not answered my question though: is she elected or appointed? or does the constitution recognize her? answer me this and i will surrender to your "superior" arguement.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by naso2(m): 9:08am On Aug 25, 2010
A lot of posters here just saw the word "scold" in the header and started commenting without reading what exactly she said. Very very irrational beings.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by bidemi12(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2010
na_so:

A lot of posters here just saw the word "scold" in the header and started commenting without reading what exactly she said. Very very irrational beings.

That is exactly the point. She is is not in a position to "scold" an elected state governor nor have inputs into it's inner workings. The governor is only responsible to the electorate who "voted" him in/who he governs. Our priorities as a nation is warped. if people cannot find anything wrong with this basic atrocity then we are really f.u.cked.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by 080Nigeria(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2010
Dissssgusssting.

I wonder why we blame primary school children for fighting. This is just a case study of a stupid disagreement.

Please can someone teach our First lady the meaning of self-control? And can someone else be so kind as to explain to her what public etiquette is all about? That woman can just barely make speeches in public. Yet she is insulting someone?

What she said might have been sensible. But the dignity of her office is not in power (constitutionally she has none) but in a word called 'tact'. She could have said the same thing and achieved a much better result leaving no one offended.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by jokingmary(m): 9:16am On Aug 25, 2010
080Nigeria:

Dissssgusssting.

Please can someone teach our First lady the meaning of self-control?

Exactly sad
That was really a wrong action sad
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by ugees(m): 9:21am On Aug 25, 2010
She messed up jo. she should have spoken to him in private not shouting down at him simply because she is d president's wife, not good at all
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by naso2(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2010
bidemi12:

That is exactly the point. She is is not in a position to "scold" an elected state governor nor have inputs into it's inner workings. The governor is only responsible to the electorate who "voted" him in/who he governs. Our priorities as a nation is warped. if people cannot find anything wrong with this basic atrocity then we are really f.u.cked.

Abeg go siddon. What rubbish her you talking about? so on what premise did an elected governor close down major roads in PH just to receive an un-elected first lady? On what premise did he see it necessary to give details of his plans to an un-elected first lady in public before her people. Why should an elected governor always say "MUST" in touching land issues that have tribal underpinnings? Even military regimes thread carefully in some issues. On what premise should an elected governor come before Okrika people last week to insult them and their sons last week? Or did you not see it in the papers?

My point simply is that what she said is absolutely on point.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 25, 2010
just reading some folks here rile this woman really surprises me, first I speak as an Okrikan and secondly I speak as someone who was present there when it all transpired, lets get something clear I as a rivers indigene do honestly appreciate the efforts of governor Ameachi in transforming Rivers state, I am a supporter of his achievements and laudable strides, I paid in my own little way for supporting Amaechi to become the governor of Rivers state, for that I had my family house in Okrika destroyed and my mother's community in Amadi-Ama attacked cause we believed, ( that was Amaechi's slogan) now coming to this incident,
1. Patience Jonathan never took the mic from Governor Ameachi's hand, never
2. She never scolded the governor, nope she only told him to please consult with the heads and chiefs  of the community before acquiring any property for demolition rather than telling the Local government chairman to do so because land issues is seriously sensitive when it comes to Okrikans

A lot of you just talk silly without facts, have u ever been to Okrika, do you know how small Okrika is, She was right in what she said, an Okrika man can kill cus of land cus its a scarce commodity in Okrika, just because you are building a school dosen't mean people should be sent on exile, the problem with Ameachi is dialogue is not a part of him, he thinks as the governor its his right to demolish every thing in sight and pay you compensation, nope it doesn't happen that way, she was right in insisting that dialogue was the best option with the chiefs and heads of the community, Njemanze waterfront was demolished its now a parking lot for the silverbird cinema, has anything meaningful thing been placed there, Nope, I am not against development and I believe everyone has to pay a price for that, but it ought to be "Jaw jaw not War War", you dialogue with the people , this is their ancestral lands and its not easy letting go, How many of the people spewing thrash here would watch their ancestral lands taken from them without dialogue and knowing your providing an alternative for them, He who wears the shoe knows where it pinches, She's an Okrikan and she knows how serious this is for her people, so before most of you go talking rubbish hear her own views
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by bidemi12(m): 9:32am On Aug 25, 2010
na_so:

Abeg go siddon. What rubbish her you talking about? so on what premise did an elected governor close down major roads in PH just to receive an un-elected first lady? On what premise did he see it necessary to give details of his plans to an un-elected first lady in public before her people. Why should an elected governor always say "MUST" in touching land issues that have tribal underpinnings? Even military regimes thread carefully in some issues. On what premise should an elected governor come before Okrika people last week to insult them and their sons last week? Or did you not see it in the papers?

My point simply is that what she said is absolutely on point.

Proof that we are f.u.cked
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by desgiezd(m): 9:34am On Aug 25, 2010
I wonder why people in power always fail to be good students of history.

Madam Patience, remember Turai ooo.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by mbulela: 9:37am On Aug 25, 2010
serves him right for shutting down traffic on all major roads just because this illiterate was coming to town.
Amaechi is working hard but he has to pay close attention to the quality of work being done around the city.
I have first hand knowledge having paid a short visit to the city.
The quality of all road jobs in the city are horribly sub-standard.
How a sane governor can spend billions building such crap quality roads beggars belief.
I am horribly disappointed.
I wish Jonathan would lose,if only to put this illiterate wife of his in her place.
Amaechis should remember to remove all those obscene billboards that were mounted to welcome this silly woman into town.
Those things are defacing the town and should not last more than this weekend.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by naso2(m): 9:39am On Aug 25, 2010
@ bidemi12
whenever you run dry on logic, you resort to denigrating words. Take make up on the issues i mentioned, if you cant, then just keep quiet.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by mrmayor(m): 9:42am On Aug 25, 2010
Amaechi had it coming, he talks, shouts the same way at many town hall meetings, he shouts down at his commissioners, Trad Rulers and if you are unlucky enough  to be of Riverine decent,  nobody dares offer a contrary opinion when Amaechi is talking, he finally met match. He can't get his goons to lock up this one. Waterfront would bring ( Civil War) to Rivers State if not handled properly,

I'm no fan of Local, State or Federal First Ladies, Dr Goodluck should get good handlers for his madam.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by holotee(m): 9:43am On Aug 25, 2010
:-x undecided
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 25, 2010
What else do you expect when we have Vagabonds In Power and the last time people were blaming Turai for protecting yaradua from the public,i wonder what this padded woman would if she were in Turai's shoe.What has the first lady got to do with the administration of Rivers state ? The woman must be sick
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 25, 2010
She is nothing but an opportunist, very uneducated and corrupt woman at that! Just imagine the uncivilize way of going about an issue. Plz someone should help tell she and her husband that they are interim government. Very over zealous woman
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by Goddex: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2010
bidemi12:

That is exactly the point. She is is not in a position to "scold" an elected state governor nor have inputs into it's inner workings. The governor is only responsible to the electorate who "voted" him in/who he governs.
Point of correction folks. Amechi like Patience Jonathan was not elected.
Nobody voted for Amechi. Amechi himself did not even vote for
himself that day. We all know how he got there.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by lagoshost(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2010
She did a very wrong thing and we shall make her husband hear and comment on that.
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by naso2(m): 9:59am On Aug 25, 2010
~Bluetooth:

What else do you expect when we have Vagabonds In Power and the last time people were blaming Turai for protecting yaradua from the public,i wonder what this padded woman would if she were in Turai's shoe.What has the first lady got to do with the administration of Rivers state ? The woman must be sick

And you never tried to ask what an elected governor was thinking when be blocked major roads in PH for her? you never asked too why an elected governor felt it necessary to give her such details in public?  Or do you mean becuase she is the first lady she loses her right as an okrika indigene and consequently her stakeholder status?
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by pawa4ul: 10:11am On Aug 25, 2010
Since I started hearing of first ladies (including LGA chairmen's wives), this is the most local of them that I have seen or heard in my lifetime. I don't blame her sha, she is exhibiting the real babaric lifestyle of her people. angry

This women disgraced the hell out of Nigerians when she was making her speech in the conference she attended in Canada or so. We should stop sending/granting this buffoon public outings. GJ should arrange a private tutor for his local wife to educate her on public addressing.

We now see why some of the military men have ceremonial wives added to their main wives! wink
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by MRMoneyE(m): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2010
pawa4ul:

Since I started hearing of first ladies (including LGA chairmen's wives), this is the most local of them that I have seen or heard in my lifetime. I don't blame her sha, she is exhibiting the real babaric lifestyle of her people. angry

This women disgraced the hell out of Nigerians when she was making her speech in the conference she attended in Canada or so. We should stop sending/granting this buffoon public outings. GJ should arrange a private tutor for his local wife to educate her on public addressing.

We now see why some of the military men have ceremonial wives added to their main wives! wink

I cant stop laughing you just nailed madam's coffin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: First Lady scolds governor in public. by pawa4ul: 10:17am On Aug 25, 2010
pawa4ul:

Presido GJ, so sorry you can't have it all. In this area of wife thing, you no get good luck. Pls go and marry a ceremonial wife. We need a sharp educated wife from you, else we no go grant you the seat next time! lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Natives Collaborate With Herders In Kidnappings In Enugu Communities — Victims / PEPT: Unlike Tinubu, I'm Drug-free, Unencumbered By Identity Scandals - Atiku / Uzodinma Officially Inaugurates The Emir Of Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.