Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,071 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. (2459 Views)

Why Do People Believe In God Even Without Evidence? / 'Stop And Think' - Oyedepo Preaches As Landmark University Clocks Eight / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:47am On Feb 17, 2019
In a mother’s womb were two babies.

One asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?”

The other replied: “Why of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will ask later.”

“Nonsense” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”

The second said, “I do not know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we cannot now understand.”

The first replied, “that is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”

The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we will not need this physical cord anymore.”

The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover, if there is life, then why has no one ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”

The second responded, “Well, I do not know, but certainly we will meet mother and she will take care of us.”

The first said, “Mother? You actually believe in mother? That’s laughable. If mother exists, then where is she now?”

The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of her. It is of her that we live. Without her this world would not and could not exist.”

The first said, “Well I do not see her, so it is only logical that she does not exist.”

The second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and you really listen, you can perceive her presence, and you can hear her loving voice calling down from above.”

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by Chevrolet076(m): 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2019
very nice analogy you've got there, but how come the first kid knows so much and the second kid doesn't even have a clue about anything going on?

and in your analogy, the two kids are clearly dependent on the "mother", but here on earth, are we dependent on god? aren't we working for our daily bread ourselves?

also, in your analogy, the kids are visibly and physically connected to the "mother", can you tell me how we are "physically connected" to "god".

then, if you can do the one above, which of the gods is it?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by yawehoverall: 10:33pm On Apr 04, 2019
Nice
Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 05, 2019
Did the fetuses decide to go to a special part of the womb every week and make special vibrations for the mother to ensure that they had a good life after delivery?

16 Likes

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by CodeTemplar: 4:57am On Apr 05, 2019
Chevrolet076:
very nice analogy you've got there, but how come the first kid knows so much and the second kid doesn't even have a clue about anything going on?

and in your analogy, the two kids are clearly dependent on the "mother", but here on earth, are we dependent on god? aren't we working for our daily bread ourselves?

also, in your analogy, the kids are visibly and physically connected to the "mother", can you tell me how we are "physically connected" to "god".

You asked if we are dependent on God, but I ask if we are dependent on rainfall for continuous planting-harvest cycles? If the answer to the latter is yes, then we are dependent on God.

1 Like

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by Chevrolet076(m): 5:21am On Apr 05, 2019
CodeTemplar:
You asked if we are dependent on God, but I asked if we are dependent on rainfall for continuous planting-harvest cycles? If the answer to the latter is yes, then we are dependent on God.
since when has science been able to show the mechanism behind rainfall? or what is your proof that rainfall is from a God? even in the harmattan and the dry season, scientific process can make it rain. can you pray to your God to make it rain during dry season?
scientific processes has been used to save many lives and prevented many illnesses, how many can be attributed to your so called GOD?

9 Likes

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by OpenYourEyes1: 6:44am On Apr 05, 2019
Lovely stuff
Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by frank317: 7:26am On Apr 05, 2019
Pls people this is 2019... This writeup is so 1999

11 Likes

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by shadeyinka(m): 7:45am On Apr 05, 2019
Chevrolet076:

It's an analogy dear. It's meant to illustrate a point not answer all questions!
Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by 1Sharon(f): 7:46am On Apr 05, 2019
CodeTemplar:
You asked if we are dependent on God, but I asked if we are dependent on rainfall for continuous planting-harvest cycles? If the answer to the latter is yes, then we are dependent on God.

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by shadeyinka(m): 7:47am On Apr 05, 2019
Chevrolet076:
since when has science been able to show the mechanism behind rainfall? or what is your proof that rainfall is from a God? even in the harmattan and the dry season, scientific process can make it rain. can you pray to your God to make it rain during dry season?
scientific processes has been used to save many lives and prevented many illnesses, how many can be attributed to your so called GOD?
So, anything of God must be magically miraculous?
Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by 1Sharon(f): 7:48am On Apr 05, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
In a mother’s womb were two babies.

One asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?”

The other replied: “Why of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will ask later.”

“Nonsense” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”

The second said, “I do not know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we cannot now understand.”

The first replied, “that is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”

The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we will not need this physical cord anymore.”

The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover, if there is life, then why has no one ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”

The second responded, “Well, I do not know, but certainly we will meet mother and she will take care of us.”

The first said, “Mother? You actually believe in mother? That’s laughable. If mother exists, then where is she now?”

The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of her. It is of her that we live. Without her this world would not and could not exist.”

The first said, “Well I do not see her, so it is only logical that she does not exist.”

The second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and you really listen, you can perceive her presence, and you can hear her loving voice calling down from above.”

LAME. Do better

5 Likes

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by 1Sharon(f): 7:49am On Apr 05, 2019
shadeyinka:

So, anything of God must be magically miraculous?

Yes. Isn't the bible magically miraculous?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by shadeyinka(m): 7:52am On Apr 05, 2019
1Sharon:

Yes. Isn't the bible magically miraculous?
I have not even started speaking Bible English!

Must everything of God be miraculously spectacular?
Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by 1Sharon(f): 7:58am On Apr 05, 2019
shadeyinka:

I have not even started speaking Bible English!

Must everything of God be miraculously spectacular?

Yes. Isn't there magic all over the bible?

Or it's not the word of god again?

3 Likes

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by shadeyinka(m): 8:23am On Apr 05, 2019
1Sharon:

Yes. Isn't there magic all over the bible?

Or it's not the word of god again?
Simple English: must everything ..?
Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by Martinez39(m): 8:33am On Apr 05, 2019
Nonsense. The skeptical child was rational to not believe in a life after delivery that he had seen no evidence for. Such skeptic would only believe in life after delivery if he sees evidence for it (when he is delivered alive and can observe our physical world) Problem would occur if, upon delivery and observing our world, he continues to deny life after delivery.

This is similar to atheists. We lack belief in your creator and religious claims because there are no evidences to support them and they have no basis in reality. We will only believe in your god and religious claims if there are evidences to support them and when we see that they have a sound basis in reality. Until then, all you are saying is Super Story. Problem would occur when we see evidences for your god and religious claims(eg. afterlife) and we continue to deny them.

To make it worse, the analogy you gave is inappropriate. The concept of life after delivery to the baby is way more plausible that the idea of your god and religious claims(eg. afterlife). Why? Because a close and sound analysis of the bible, quran and other holy books show, without a doubt, that they are ridiculous garbages and falsehoods. They can't be true.

How shameless and stupid of you to try to suggest that because people believe in certain things without evidence then it's okay to believe anything, however ridiculous, without evidence. A god that can't prove himself is not entitled to anyone believing in him. People have no reason to believe in an afterlife or a god because there are no evidences for then. You have to stop reasoning like this, you are not getting any younger. Is this how you want to waste your life building it around falsehoods? Wake up jare. undecided

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by 1Sharon(f): 10:58am On Apr 05, 2019
^The boss has spoken cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 05, 2019
Imagine after investing all your life's worth into a company called Goddoesn'texist United Bank of Atheism Worldwide, only to find out at the end that you had wasted your whole life's worth on lies, the whole lies, and nothing but lies, because you get to know the fact that He does? So what would you do?

I don't think I would want to even imagine being in any of y'all shoes, because now you must give account of your whole life's worth before the one against whom you invested your whole life's worth championing an agenda that He doesn't exist, Lol!

So you can start preparing your account from now oh, just in case, so that when you finally appear before Him you would not start stammering like, "em em, technically Lord I didn't actually say that you didn't exist but that you do not exist until you are proven to exist" Lol! cheesy
Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by OtemAtum: 1:30pm On Apr 05, 2019
jesusjnr:
Imagine after investing all your life's worth into a company called Goddoesn'texist United Bank of Atheism Worldwide, only to find out at the end that you had wasted your whole life's worth on lies, the whole lies, and nothing but lies, because you get to know the fact that He does? So what would you do?

I don't think I would want to even imagine being in any of y'all shoes, because now you must give account of your whole life's worth before the one against whom you invested your whole life's worth championing an agenda that He doesn't exist, Lol!

So you can start preparing your account from now oh, just in case, so that when you finally appear before Him you would not start stammering like, "em em, technically Lord I didn't actually say that you didn't exist but that you do not exist until you are proven to exist" Lol! cheesy
And who told you that God Almighty the creator of Jehovah, Allah, Olorun, etc needs any account from humans who have actually behaved like humans while on earth? Humans are concerned with believing stuffs or not believing, but God Almighty, the totality of existence is busy existing through all things in existence. Who has time to hear you giving account after death?

3 Likes

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by LordReed(m): 1:57pm On Apr 05, 2019
A terrible analogy. The babies are not changing from their physical forms to some nebulous "spiritual" bodies or whatever after birth so this analogy just doesn't work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by CAPSLOCKED: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2019
LordReed:
A terrible analogy. The babies are not changing from their physical forms to some nebulous "spiritual" bodies or whatever after birth so this analogy just doesn't work.

IT'S NOT JUST A STUPID ANALOGY. ONLY A MAD ADULT HUMAN WILL MAKE UP SOMETHING SO UNREASONABLE JUST TO BACK UP A DEITY THEY BELIEVE WITHOUT EVIDENCE FOR IT'S EXISTENCE.
I HARDLY REPLY SUCH TOPICS CUS I FEEL LIKE A FOOL ENGAGING IN SUCH NONSENSE.
BABIES CAN'T EVEN TALK WITH EACHOTHER IN REAL LIFE NOT TO TALK OF WHILE THEY IN THE WOMB.
THE WHOLE THING WITH THIS STEADILY RIDICULED 1945 ANALOGY IS JUST POINTLESS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by LordReed(m): 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

IT'S NOT JUST A STUPID ANALOGY. ONLY A MAD ADULT HUMAN WILL MAKE UP SOMETHING SO UNREASONABLE JUST TO BACK UP A DEITY THEY BELIEVE WITHOUT EVIDENCE FOR IT'S EXISTENCE.
BABIES CAN'T EVEN TALK WITH EACHOTHER IN REAL LIFE NOT TO TALK OF WHILE THEY IN THE WOMB.

It sure tries so hard to get to the point but fails miserably.

1 Like

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by Bossjakande: 12:16am On Apr 06, 2019
1Sharon:

LAME. Do better
u will face pains on d last day
Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by OtemAtum: 1:30am On Apr 06, 2019
Bossjakande:
pains from who? Jehovah your god is currently in a cage, so who will give her the pain?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by 1Sharon(f): 1:40am On Apr 06, 2019
Bossjakande:

Jakandeola? Why are you trolling me ?
Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by Dantedasz(m): 3:20am On Apr 06, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by HardMirror(m): 9:16am On Apr 06, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

Funny christians would read this and clap. Lol

This analogy is so off the point.
1. How did the other baby know all he knows?
2. Do unborn babies even talk.
3. If babies talk and this case is even true. Is it not easy for the babies to see the passage out of the womb? The exit is physical and evident. So easy to know there is something at the other side.
4. Which god are we even talking about?
5. If one baby knows about the mother, why wont the other baby?

Stcpid post for stcpid pipu like jesusjnr and michealbod abi wetin be her name

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by Bossjakande: 9:22am On Apr 06, 2019
1Sharon:

Jakandeola? Why are you trolling me ?
I Neva troll u dear is d truth why did u become an unbeliver wen its wrong u allow some pple to confused u. d air u brethe rain sun ur body how did u think it comes?
Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 06, 2019
HardMirror:

Funny christians would read this and clap. Lol

This analogy is so off the point.
1. How did the other baby know all he knows?
2. Do unborn babies even talk.
3. If babies talk and this case is even true. Is it not easy for the babies to see the passage out of the womb? The exit is physical and evident. So easy to know there is something at the other side.
4. Which god are we even talking about?
5. If one baby knows about the mother, why wont the other baby?

Stcpid post for stcpid pipu like jesusjnr and michealbod abi wetin be her name
Ironically I agree with you in the respect of the analogy, because for me it began fairly well, but ended in confusion, but I only went through it after making a comment for i initially thought it was an atheist post.

Maybe op should have waited and be patient enough to get it right at the end, because the essence of the post in my opinion was defeated at the end, since the message was lost in the body of the post.

But by the way, sour grapes hardmirror, haba na? Does it still hurt you that much?

Good idea though to only remembered my moniker correctly and forget hers wink, because guy, you know how far now from experience, say she no go hold back as myself, but na fire for fire things oh.

So very wisemirror. wink
Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by HardMirror(m): 9:32am On Apr 06, 2019
jesusjnr:
Ironically I agree with you in the respect of the analogy, because for me it began fairly well, but ended in confusion.

Maybe op should have waited and be patient enough to get it right at the end, because the essence of the post in my opinion was defeated at the end, since the message was lost in the body of the post.

But sour grapes hardmirror, haba na? Does it still hurt you that much?

Good idea to only remembered my moniker correctly and forget hers wink, because guy, you know how far now from experience, say she no go hold back as myself, but na fire for fire things oh.

So very wisemirror. wink
lol. I like whining this dude. What a loner
Re: Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 06, 2019
HardMirror:
lol. I like whining this dude. What a loner
If your attempt was intended to whine me up, then you should stop henceforth, because you are probably the worst at the job, by the failed attempt.

So try and focus on those things you are good at, for you can see from my response to your post how whined up I was.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues? / The Most Common Confusions Of The Bible / MODESTY - Marks Of A True Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.