Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Nigeria And The Solution To Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And The Solution To Democracy (198 Views)

Gbajabiamila’s ‘outburst’ Against Chinda, A Threat To Democracy —PDP / Buhari Chides SGF For Not Inviting Orubebe To Democracy Lecture / Senator Shehu Sani Identifies 15 Threats To Democracy In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria And The Solution To Democracy by Africanbest(m): 5:16pm On Feb 17, 2019
Since i started using one PVC = One VOTE slogan, I have got question like "who are you even supporting?".
Well, I know I am not an influencer yet but I also know I haven't led anyone who know me astray. So I refused to answer that question and just say When the time comes you will know..

But today after having an alone time with myself and Nigeria politic and compared to what a friend and I have discussed about USA elections, I came up with this.

Since 1977 (as far as I could go) USA has been on an agreed arrangement of President between the Republicans and the Democrats, forget how they make us feel like it's a big competition to winning..... Believe?

1977-1981 - Jimmy Carter - 4years - Democrat
1981-1989 - Ronald Reagan - 8years - republican
1989-1993 - George H.W. Bush - 4years - Republican
1993-2001 - Bill Clinton - 8years - Democrat
2001-2009 - George W Bush - 8years - Republican
2009-2017 - Barack Obama - 8years - Democrat
2017-present - Donald Trump - Republican

Now you see, they have a system that works for them without selfish greed of political parties and party individuals... the outcome of Trump tenor (if it's 4 or 8years) as a Republican would determine the faith of the next Democrat President. They have a system.....

But in Nigeria:

1999-2007 - Olusegun Obasanjo - 8years - PDP
2007-2010 - Late. Umaru Musa Yar'Adua - 3years - PDP
2010-2015 - Goodluck Jonathan - 5years - PDP
2015-present - Muhammadu Buhari - Apc

PDP has been on the sit for over 16years before APC with the same unreached promises, has ruled for 4years... No system.

So, for a better representation, if Nigerians can decide that NO PARTY DESERVES 8YEARS WHEN THEY HAVE NOT DELIVERED IN 4YEARS since we do Party Politics and not Individual politics, I know every political party would field it's best players and have good plans for the country.

So who am I voting?

Don't sell your thumbprint, your thumbprint is your vote, your vote is your right.

One PVC = One VOTE

Mynd44 , OAM4J Freiburger , r231

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Postponed Vote: What Happens Now? / 2019 Elections: Only God Can Stop Us On Saturday, Says INEC / 2019 Election: Can The Military And Police Force Vote In Elections?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.