Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Street League Of Lagos (S.L.O.L) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Street League Of Lagos (S.L.O.L) (1241 Views)

Crime Crackers Of Lagos (crime, Suspense, Tragedy) / L O V E ( Everything Changes) / Dream Logs: Robert Kinobi And The League Of Extraordinary Writers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Street League Of Lagos (S.L.O.L) by Wordsmith001: 8:27am On Feb 18, 2019
Somewhere in Lagos, Ikorodu. A group of young boys living in a drama filled house in the deep ghetto of Ikorodu all have something in common. House 22 is filled with drama backbites, fights each day. But despite the unending war between parents of House 22. The kids are united and they go out to play football everyday. They come back victorious. Soon, House 22 boys became popular in the Hood. As they were the best street soccer team. A white man from England Mr Stones arrived at House 22 to stay there for a little time. The desire for football in this kids touched him so hard that he couldn't resist taking the kids up. Mr Stones tried all he could to make sure House 22 kids dreams come alive. This is all what Akpors Ayo and the other House 22 kids have wanted all their lives. Street League Of Lagos is here again! And the House 22 boys have always wanted to be in the competition but lack of co-orperation from the parents and unavailable funds was the stumbling block. Mr Stones took the team up. Paid for the form of S.L.O.L. The House 22 boys are in the tournament they have always looked up to. The biggest street tournament in the world!

Will Mr Stones and the House 22 boys succeed in making this team the biggest street team in the world?

Street League Of Lagos (S.L.O.L) Coming Soon!!!! Anticipate!!!!

Episode One already on blog. Follow link to get episode one.

www.timmywriters.com.ng/2019/02/street-league-of-lagos-slol-episode-one.html
Re: Street League Of Lagos (S.L.O.L) by Wordsmith001: 8:29am On Feb 18, 2019
I am here with another banging story after #Cross and #Mylovediary. S.L.O.L I promise you another banger! Visit site for Episode One.
Re: Street League Of Lagos (S.L.O.L) by Wordsmith001: 8:23am On Feb 20, 2019
Episode One
(Somewhere In Ikorodu)

(Akpos and Ayo were seeing coming home together with a group of friends. They were all filled with sweats and their cloths dirty. Akpos was seen holding a brown looking ball between his arm)

Akpos: You no see how we kill those ones.

Ayo: They are not as good as we are wahlai na only mouth dem get.

Akpos: 16-5 is not a friendly scoreline. Ayo was just killing them with goals. Boy was on fire today.

Ayo: Omo, all thanks to Akpos ooo. He was just throwing passes like Ozil.

(They all got to a typical Lagos mainland building. A big face-me-I-face-you apartment. Consisting of twenty two rooms. This building is called House 22)

Mama Akpos: You ehn, I will kill you in this house! You no wan get sense abi?

Mama Ayo: I will show you today I am a true Lagos woman. Oti ya were (You are mad)

Mama Akpos: Wetin you talk (What did you say) I will kill this woman ooo. Someone tell her oo.

Corper: Mama Akpos please calm down. Just put the cutlass down (Trying to calm her down)

Mama Ayo: Leave her! Corper Leave her! Let her come. I think she is mad.Let her come and cut me.

(Akpos enter)

Akpos: Mummy! (Holds his mum) Mummy what is all this now?

Ayo: Mummy calm down na. Mi o like ee (I don’t like this)

Mama Ayo: (Slaps Ayo hard) How many times have I warned you not to walk with that witch’s son again. You wont hear abi. Go inside kneel down and put the TV on your head. Now!

Corper: Haba, Mummy Ayo.

Mummy Ayo: Please Corper. Mind your business ooo. Sofo Makinde. Amebo, Ole. (Poke noser) Everytime she will come out like a peace maker and at the end of everything even those on the other street will know what happened in House 22. (Hissed and enters)

(Ayo enters reluctantly muttering some words to himself)

Akpos: Mama I no like all this things na.

Mama Akpos: Amadioha kill you there! Na me you dey follow talk like that?

Akpos: Everytime fight fight fight

Mama Akpos: Before I close my eyes and open it. You should enter that house now!. Idiot!

Corper: Take it easy oo

Mama Akpos: Thank you Corper.

(Hours later)

Papa Akpos: (Enters the compound with his old bike)

Corper: Welcome Papa Akpos

Papa Akpos: Oh, Corper Corper.. How things na.

Corper: Ahh! Papa Akpos.. They have nearly killed themselves today oo. Thank God I was around.

Papa Akpos: What happened? (Looks attentive)

Corper: It is Mama Akpos and Mama Ayo again oo. They nearly killed themselves today. As one was throwing bottle the other was throwing cutlass. Another was throwing bomb.

Papa Akpos: Bomb? In this same house?

Corper: Ahh, you mean this house? This place is more than a house Papa Akpos. This house is a nation on its own.

Papa Akpos: So Mama Akpos has the gut to fight after all the warnings I gave her.

Corper: Ahh, Papa Akpos. She was Mayweather Mama Ayo was Pacquio they nearly killed themselves oo.

Papa Akpos: Thank you very much Corper. (Angrily enters the house)

Corper: Papa Akpos I did not say you should beat your wife ooo. I just gave you updates on what is happening.

(Mama Ayo was still punishing Ayo for going out with Akpos)

Ayo: (Sweating heavily) Mummy please (Crying)

Mama Ayo: Eti eh to di yen (Those blocked ears of yours).

Ayo: I wont do this again. I promise you mummy.

(Suddenly loud screams were heard for Mama Akpos room)

Mama Akpos: Please papa Akpos. She started it first. Abeg no vex. Abeg.

Papa Akpos: How many times have I told you not to fight again in this house.? (Removing his belt)

Mama Akpos: Na she start I swear! (Close to tears)

Papa Akpos: (Flogging Mama Akpos severly with his leather belt) You no dey hear word! I go teach you lesson today. (Beating Mama Akpos severely)

(Corper Papa Ahmed and other tenants gathers at Mama Akpos door in few minutes)

Papa Ahmed: Papa Akpos open this door! Open this door!

Corper: This man will kill his wife oo.

Mama Ayo: (Rushes out of her room) What is happrening?

Corper: Papa Akpos oo. I don’t know what happened this time again.

Papa Ahmed: Where is Akpos self?

Corper: He went out not quite long. I think his dad sent him on an errand so he can have full access to his wife.

Papa Ahmed: Shey we no go break this door like this? (Wont we break this door as it is now)

Mama Ayo: Wait!. Ayo!!! Ayo!!!

Ayo: (Comes out of the room very weak) What? (Looking angry)

Mama Ayo: Go and meet Baba Landlord tell him to please give us the spare key to Mama Akpos room. Tell him the fight is more than serious this time.

(Ayo runs to the boys quarters to meet Baba Landlord)

Ayo: (Knocks) Baba Landlord.

Landlord: Who is that idiot?

Ayo: It is me Ayo.

Landlord: Ehn, if it is you Ayo nko? What should I do? Are you Obama’s son?

Ayo:Please open the door. My mummy sent me to collect the spare key to Mama Akpos room.

Landlord: What? What imbroglio. Did she build this house for me?Tell your mummy you both are mad.

Ayo: Papa Akpos will kill Mama Akpos oo.

Landlord: Don’t tell me that idiot is beating his wife again?

Ayo: At least open the door now. Please! It is getting serious.

Landlord: Okay I am coming. Let me take my bath first.

Ayo: Ahh, baba. This ones will kill themselves before you even get to the bathroom.

Landlord: Oh my God. So I cant just have peace in my own house again? (Steps outside) Let us go there. They will all leave my house today. Today na Today!. That irresponsible man. (Looking angry with his almost wrinkled face)

(Everyone sights baba Landlord coming with Ayo)

Papa Ahmed: Thank God he is here.

Landord: What is happening here.?

Mama Akpos: My head ooo.

Landlord: Oluwa mi ooo (My God). Is that not Mama Akpos?

Mama Ayo: Baba please open the door. This woman will die ooo.

Landlord: Shut up! What does it look like I am doing? All of you will leave this house one by one. No peace of mind in my own house.

Mama Ayo: Open door baba.

Landlord: (Opens the door) God almighty! (Sees Mama Akpos lying on the floor)

Papa Ahmed: You want to kill her? (Enters the room angrily hits Papa Akpos on the face)

Landlord: (Picks a broom near him and start spanking Papa Akpos on the head) Oloriburuku ni ee (You are unfortunate)

Mama Ayo: Are you Okay Mama Akpos?

Mama Akpos: (Weak) Yeee. I don die oo. (I am dead) Papa Akpos don kill me oo. (Papa Akpos have killed me.)

Mama Ayo: Sorry, Ayo! Get me cold water from mummy ire.

Ayo: Yes mummy. (Ayo hurriedly collects the money and ran out of the compound to get cold water. Suddenly on his way out he meets Akpos)

Akpos: (Smiling) Are you done with your punishments? See how you are sweating self (Laughing)

Ayo: (Pitiful) It has happened again oo

Akpos: (Looking unsure) What?

Ayo: Your dad

Akpos: Yes? What is wrong with him this time. Don’t tell me he hurt mummy again.

Ayo: Omo, not a small thing ooo. Everyone is at your house. The water I am going to buy from mummy Ire is for your mum.

Akpos: Noo!! (Huriedly enters the house)

Ayo: Guy! Take it easy ooo.

(Akpos gets to their apartment. Meets his mother on the floor. With Baba Landlord and Papa Ahmed cooling Papa Akpos)

Akpos: What happened?

Corper: I don’t know too. We were just outside and the next thing. Your mum started shouting.

Mama Ayo: (Sights Akpos) Akpos welcome. Just go outside and play. Don’t mind this hypocrite. Ayo will soon be back now. Just stay here till he gets back.

Papa Akpos: I have told her. She should stop fighting again. She wont hear. Imagine she fought with Mama Ayo again.

Papa Ahmed: Who told you they fought? Coz we decided not to let you know anything. I myself didn’t even interfere in the fight because I thought its a woman’s issue.

Papa Akpos: I haven’t even parked my Motorbike well when Corper came to me and told me the whole story.

Mama Ayo: Ahh! Corper! You are mad! Finally! Are you happy now? Are you happy? You want to ruin this marriage?

Corper: But I did……. (Landlord interrupts)

Landlord: Will you keep shut? You think others are fools or they don’t have mouth to report situations? Channels. BBC. CNN. Aljazeera.

Corper: Whatever. Mama Akpos sorry ooo (Angrily leaves the scene)

Mama Ayo:God save you we are not much at home today. You would have received your own beating too.

Corper: Dem never born all of you. All of you never reach. (Ranting)

Ayo: (Enters with a bag of cold pure water) Mummy this is it.

Mama Ayo: Oshey omo daadaa (Thank you my good son) See you I will still come back to your matter. (Pointing to Corper)

Corper: For this house 22 ehn. Any small thing corper corper. Na me tell Papa Akpos make e dey beat his wife? All of you are sick?

Akpos: Is this one mad? (Nears Corper)

Ayo: Are you talking to my mom like that?

Mama Ayo: Hey kids come back here!

Corper: No leave them. You want to fight? Come over. Useless kids Useless mothers.

Ayo: I will kill this girl oo.

Mama Ayo! It is okay. (Frowns at her son)

Landlord: It is okay everyone. This is the first and the last time I will have to settle anything called fight between you and Mama Akpos. The next time this happens. You both will leave my house. And I mean it! Abi iru radarada wo leleyii (What kinda rubbish is this?)

Papa Akpos: I am sorry sir. It wont repeat itself again.

Landlord: I have said my own!. (Angrily leaves)

Papa Ahmed: Papa Akpos take it easy oo. You know how this house can be. You shouldn’t listen to the third parties.

Papa Akpos: Also help me warn her. She should never get into any argument with anyone in this house.

Papa Ahmed: Mama Akpos, you should also listen to your husband too.

Mama Akpos: Okay.

(Everyone leaves the scene)

THE NEXT DAY

(On a Sunny Saturday afternoon. A bus was seeing outside House 22 offloading some properties. A white man steps out of the car trying to offload his properties)

(Mr Stones enters the house struggling with his luggage)(

Mama Joshua: (Sights Mr Stones) Joshua!!! Joshua!!! Have they gone to play football again?

Joshua: Ma!!! (Answers from distant)

Mama Joshua: Come here before I open my eyes now.

(Joshua came hurriedly, sweating heavily and looking dirty)

Mama Joshua: Early this morning. You haven’t washed the dishes you didn’t fetch water to the drum. You went out to play football. Look how dirty you are. Yoo will not kill me. Go and call your friends to help Oyinbo(A White man is called Oyinbo in the street of Lagos) carry his luggage I think he is new here.

Joshua: Okay. (Helps Mr Stones with his luggage)

Mr Stones: Wow, thanks.

Joshua: No problem sir. You are welcome. I will call my friends now. And we will help you with the remaining luggage.

Mr Stones: I will really appreciate that. Thank you very ,much.

(Joshua, Akpos, Ayo helped Mr Stones arrange his luggage.)

Mr Stones: What is your name?

Ayo: I am Ayo. I also live in this house.

Mr Stones: And you? (Facing Akpos)

Akpos: I am Akpos.

Mr Stones: I know you are Joshua. I heard your mom calling you the other time.

Joshua: Yes sir.

Mr Stones: Anyway I am Stones and I am from London in England.

Ayo: Wow, I thought as much. Your accent is so so fluent.

Mr Stones: You know right. Are you guys not supposed to be in school?

Akpos: We are on holidays.

(Suddenly, Mama Ayo’s voice was heard from outside)

Ayo: We have to leave now. My mom is calling already.

Mr Stones: Okay. Thanks for the help. (Deeps his hands into his pocket and brought out some cash. Stretches One thousand naira note to each person)

Akpos: Wow! Thank you sir.

Mr Stones: We will talk better some other time.

Joshua: Okay, thanks for the money too.

Mr Stones: Its nothing. Thanks for the help too.

(Joshua Akpos and Ayo quickly leaves the room)

Mama Ayo: (Locks the door) I have told you several times you should pick your book and start and read. Every time ball ball ball. Don’t you have any future ambition?

Ayo: Mummy, Football is my dream.

Mama Ayo: Ori e daru ni (Are you crazy) (Nears Ayo and gives him a hot slap) Oya come here and kneel down here. Its like you don’t want to hear word. Carry the TV as usual. You are telling me football is your dream, you will wake up from that slumber today.

Ayo: Mummy please.

Mama Ayo: Picks the broom near the bed. (Whips Ayo twice with it) I said kneel down! Omo Ale jati jati (Bastard Son)

(Ayo starts shouting at the top of his voice. Mama Ayo kept on whipping him with the broom)

(At Mama Akpos room)

Akpos: (Sneaks in quietly)

(Meets Papa Akpors with a leather belt in his right hand. Angrily staring at Akpos)

Episode Two Loading....

Certified Author: Ayeni Timilehin Ayomide

#Timmywrites Inc..

Get Episode two now!

Follow link

www.timmywriters.com.ng/2019/02/street-league-of-lagos-slol-episode-two.html
Re: Street League Of Lagos (S.L.O.L) by Wordsmith001: 3:48pm On Feb 22, 2019
Episode Two

(Akpors heart failed when he saw his dad staring at him with that face. He knew that face and it means "You are done for".)

Papa Akpos: Where are you coming from?

Akpos: (Stammering) I went to play football with my friends.

Papa Akpos: Which of your friends?

Akpos: Ayo and Joshua.

Papa Akpos: How many times have I warned you not to play football with those good for nothing kids again. You know your mom is not feeling too well. No one have eaten today It is barely 10am you have gone out to play ball.

Mama Akpos: Papa Akpos leave this boy alone. Don't kill us na.

Papa Akpos: Leave me abeg! Leave me!. I still dey vex for all of you. (I am still angry with all of you).

Akpos: Papa I only went to play football.

Papa Akpos: Now lie down flat.

Akpos: Papa please. Papa!

Papa Akpos: I go fire all your body oo. (I will thrash your whole body)

Mama Akpos: Leave this child na. At least you don chop(eat)

Papa Akpos: (He holds Akpos tightly draws him near and gave him the beating of his life with th leather belt. Akpos was screaming at the top of his voice).

Corper: Ahh! God. Someone cannot have peace of mind in this house again. Everyday noise. (Steps out of her room)

(Ayo runs out of the room)

Mama Ayo: Werey omo (Mad Child), don’t come inside this room. Ahaha. How many times will I warn you to stop following those good for nothing kids. Cant you read your book? (Breathing Heavily)

Mr Stones: (Couldn’t bear the whole noise had to step out) Good day to you all

Corper: (Gives Mr Stones that seductive look) Hello. Who are you looking for?

Mr Stones: Anyway I am your new neighbor. I just got in this morning.

Mama Ayo: Oh, welcome. So you will be living with us?

Mr Stones: Yes my room is next to yours. I just couldn’t bear the noise that is why I came outside to check if the world is really coming to an end.

Mama Ayo: (Smiles) No ooo, It is this idiot boy (Points to Ayo) He doesnt read. He is always about Football Football Football. He is becoming too unserious and I really have to beat that unseriousness out of his body.

Mr Stones: (Sights the scars on Ayo’s body) Oh my God. You did this to him?

Mama Ayo: Ahhh, See Oyinbo ooo. I will continue to beat him till he get sense

Mr Stones: This is harassment of the highest order.

Mama Ayo: If I don’t do it like this, he wont still have sense.

(Suddenly Akpos ran out of the room crying and wailing, with Papa Akpos holding a cane chasing him)

Mr Stones: Oh my God. This is crazy.

(After Some hours)

Mama Akpos: (Rubbing balm on Akpos arm) I don tell you make you no dey play ball with those useless kids again. You no go hear (I have told you not to play football with those useless kids again, but you wont hear).

Akpos: Ahh! (Groaning in pain).

Mama Akpos: Your dad beat you now and left home, he couldn’t even drop money for us to eat. I am tired o. (Talking out of fraustration)

Akpos: Take mummy. We can use this to eat. (Stretches a 1000 naira note to his mum)

Mama Akpos: (Surprised) Where did you get 1000 naira from?

Akpos: Just buy things and cook mummy.

Mama Akpos: (Throws the money back at Akpos) You have started stealing? You are stealing now?

Akpos: No mama. The oyinbo gave me.

Mama Akpos: You mean the new oyinbo?

Akpos: Yes, we helped in arranging his room and he gave us the money.

Mama Akpos: Let us go. I don’t believe you.

Akpos: Mama but…. (Mama Akpos interrupts)

Mama Akpos: Follow me!

(Mama Akpos drags Akpos to Mr Stones room)

(Akpos knocks)

Mr Stones: (Opens the door) Hello.

Mama Akpos: Good afternoon sir.

Mr Stones: Oh, Good afternoon . And hmm.. Remind me. (Facing Akpos)

Akpos: Akpos…

Mr Stones: Yes, Akpos. What a funny name. This is your mom?

Mama Akpos: Yes I am his Mum. Welcome to House 22.

Mr Stones: Thank you. You can come in.

Mama Akpos: No sir, we just came to return the money my son stole from you.

Akpos: Ah!!! (Surprised) Mama!

Mr Stones: Which money?

Mama Akpos: He told me you gave him 1000 naira note.

Mr Stones: Oh that? Yes I gave him.

Mama Akpos: Why?

Mr Stones: I just gave him generosity.

Mama Akpos: Oh, thank you sir. I have to confirm this. Never knew someone that can give out 1000 naira note to a kid still exist in this kind of economy.

Mr Stones: That is nothing. He behaved well to me. His hospitality was good. So I decided to reward them.

Mama Akpos: Thank you very much.

Mr Stones: And how is your body? I heard his dad also got you beaten.

Mama Akpos: That is none of your business sir. Thanks for the money. Akpos lets go home. (Leaves angrily)

(Later in the evening)

(Akpos was seeing sneaking out of his room)

Akpos: Ayo (Whispering) Ayo.

(Ayo comes out with his old tattered soccer boots)

Ayo: Where is Joshua?

Akpos: Let us go check him in the yard. Where is your mom?

Ayo: She went to the market. And she is not coming back anytime soon.

(Joshua interrupts)

Joshua: How far guys. Una no dey go field? (Are you guys not going to the field?)

Ayo: Na you we dey wait for now. (We have been waiting for you)

Joshua: Where is Ahmed?

Akpos: Ahmed? (Laughs) You have forgotten what his father did to him?

Joshua: Oh, I forgot.

Ire: Guys whats up. (Interrupts)

Akpos: Oh baby. What’s up.

Ire: You guys are going to the field?

Akpos: Yes, Will you follow us?

Ire: Where is Ahmed?

Ayo: He is in his jamb lesson. Baba gatz pass Jamb by force by fire.

(They all laugh)

Akpos: Please let us quickly go to the field before Mama Akpos wakes up.

Ayo: That is true.

Joshua: We will be back Ire.

Ire: Okay, don’t let them injure my baby oo

Akpos: Your baby will be fine.

Ire: Okay.

(Akpos Joshua and Ayo picks their soccer boots and jersey and heads for the field)

(Within some minutes, they all got to a mini field. With a lot of people surrounding a non-grass area with the pitch full of sand and dust. Sticks gotten from bamboo trees were indicated as goal posts and there was no net. Lots of people kicking the round leather ball. A typical view of street football. Suddenly they sight a white man among different black youths watching football and placing much focus on what he was watching.)

Akpors: Is that not Mr Stones?

Ayo: Yes, that's him. What is he doing here?

Episode Three Loading....

#Timmywrites Inc..

Get Episode three already!!

Follow this link

http://www.timmywriters.com.ng/2019/02/street-league-of-lagos-slol-episode.html?m=1
Re: Street League Of Lagos (S.L.O.L) by Wordsmith001: 1:21am On Feb 24, 2019
Episode Three
(They all went to meet Mr Stones where he was seriously focusing on the boys playing on the pitch.)

Akpos: Good evening sir.

Mr Stones: (Sights Akpos) Oh, Akpos?

Akpos: Yes sir.

Mr Stones: What are you doing here?

Akpos: We came to play football. Joshua and Ayo are also here.

Mr Stones: Oh, guys. How are you doing?

Ayo: We are good.

Akpos: What are you doing here?

Mr Stones: I love football, I have a lot of passion for it. Back then in London I do gather young kids to play football.

Joshua: Really?

(A young boy looking dirty interrupts)

Kola: World Best. How far now. (Talking to Ayo)

Ayo: Kola kola, how far na.

Kola: You guys came late oo

Ayo: See you know House 22 wahala na. Our parents no dey give us liberty like yours.

Kola: That is true. How far those Zone 2 boys have challenged us again.

Joshua: Again? After the 16-3 we gave them.

Kola: (Laughs) Defeat no dey tire them. (The don’t get tired of defeats)

Akpos: Okay Mr Stones. Its our set to play.

Mr Stones: Okay. I will be watching.

Kola: Good evening. (Greets Mr Stones)

Mr Stones: Hello.

Kola: (Whispers) Where una see Oyinbo? (Where did you see a white man?)

Ayo: He is our new neighbor.

Kola: Neighbor? White man for House 22. Mo fo ooo (I am suprised)

Ayo: Naso we see am oo. Its our set already we will se later.

Kola: Okay, I will call you when it is time for the match.

Ayo: No wahala. (Ayo laced his boot and jumps on the pitch with Akpos and Joshua. Some guys outside the pitch started hailing the House 22 boys)

(Some hours later the house 22 boys left the pitch unbeaten by any group or set of players. They were the kings in that arena)

Akpos: Sir, we are leaving already.

Mr Stones: Wow! You guys were really superb.

Ayo: Really?

Mr Stones: Yes, I am very serious. The you guys played so m,atured and organised.

Akpos: We are the best on that pitch.

Mr Stones: Really?

Joshua: Yes. We just play football for fun.

Mr Stones: For fun? You guys can make a fortune out of this. Young talented kids like you are really appreciated where I come from.

Akpos: This is Nigeria we do all this for fun.

Mr Stones: I really love football. And with what I have seen in you guys today. You guys really have a career in football.

Joshua: Our parents wont allow. That is why we sneak out of the house to play football most of the time.

Mr Stones: We will have to do something about that.

(At exactly 6:30pm Mr Stones and the boys got home. Papa Akpos and Mama Akp were already waiting angrily for the boys to return)

Mr Stones: (Enters the compound with the boys)

Mama Ayo: You went to play ball again abi. I told you to wash the plates before I come back. And I warned you never to leave this house!

Ayo: I.. I… (Mr Stones interrupts)

Mr Stones: They were with me?

Mama Ayo: (Smiles) Really?

Mr Stones: Yes ma. And I must confess. You son really has a very good talent.

Mama Ayo: They do say so. And I don’t appreciate you trying to divert my son’s attention making him believe he has a career in football.

Mr Stones: This can really earn a fortune for Ayo.

Mama Ayo: Thank you. But I want my son to study hard and become a medical doctor. Ayo enter!

Mr Stones: But…

Mama Ayo: Ayo now!!! And no going out for you tomorrow.

Ayo: Goodnight Mr Stones (Sadly)

(Mama Ayo spanks him with a broom on the head)

Akpos: Mr Stones, I will quickly go into my room now. If my dad gets home and doesn’t meet me at home. I will be in trouble.

Mr Stones: Okay, We will see tomorrow

Joshua: Okay sir.

(Akpos enters the house and meets his dad holding a a leather belt in his right hand staring at him angrily)

(Silence for some minutes)

Papa Akpos: Field again?

Akpos: (Silence)

Papa Akpos: Cant you talk!!!

Akpos: Field.

Papa Akpos: I said it!!! You wont hear. Na me go kill you. Na me go kill you!.

Akpos: I am Sorry daddy.

Papa Akpos: Lie down as usual. (Rolling his leather belt)

Akpos: (Crying) Papa..

Mama Akpos: (Angrily steps in front of Papa Akpos) Wetin! Wetin! (What) You always beat this child everyday. He doesnt smoke he doesn’t drink. He only plays football and you want to kill him? I wont allow you. You heartless man.

Papa Akpos: This is what we are talking about. If I hit you now, the whole world will pounce on me like I have done something wrong. Instead of you to support me in scolding a child that wont study for his exams instead he plays football in a street pitch where different kids of different characters stays.

Mama Akpos: As long as my child isn’t smoking or stealing. He is not one of them.

Papa Akpos: Is it until he becomes one of them? I don’t know what you think. But I wont support your son’s irresponsibility.

Mama Akpos: He dropped the money I used to make dinner tonight. Get a job and start doing so before you dictate.

Papa Akpos: Really? (Picks his cloth and angrily gets out)

Akpos: That was too harsh mum. I never told you I was tired of the beatings.

Mama Akpos: I can watch you been Humiliated by him always. I had to tell him the bitter truth.

(In Joshua’s room)

Mama Joshua: My son. You have to take your bath now. Your food is on the table. How was field today?

Joshua: We won as usual. I was the star man today mom.

Mama Joshua: That is my son. Keep it up son.

Joshua: Yes ma.

(At Mama Ayo place)

Mama Ayo: Stand up (Putting up a sorry face)

Ayo: (Sweating heavily after a series of different punishments) Ahhh! Moku ooo (I am dead)

Mama Ayo: (Laughs) Take your food its on the cabinet. And let this be the last time I will see you with that stupid Akpos again. I always told you his mother is a witch. Typical Warri witch.

Ayo: Arghh! My hand (Groaning in pain)

Mama Ayo: Ki lo fi owo shey? (What did you do with your hands)

Ayo: I have been under punishment for 30 minutes carrying a spoilt tv.

Mama Ayo: It served you right. You wont hear word. You wont! See ahmed. Ahmed is now responsible. Before he always played around with you guys. Now he is a responsible boy and now face his jamb tutorials. I don’t have money for tutorials that is why I haven’t gotten you into one yet.

Ayo: Mummy, Neymar was a street footballer. Now he is achieving his dream. He is a lot richer than most professors.

Mama Ayo: Neymar? That Super eagles player?

Ayo: (Laughs) The one that broke his spinal cord in 2010 world cup in south africa.

Mama Ayo: Oh, that small boy that was always falling down.

Ayo: Exactly that one. If he had a mother like you, you think he will be on TV?

Mama Ayo: Are you talking to me like that? I will warn that Oyinbo now. He should stop fooling all of you.

Ayo: Don’t meet him, he is only encouraging our dream.

Mama Ayo: After that unfortunate incident had happened. I already said I will never ever leave you to play street football again. I will call your daddy and report to himself. Oo ki n gboran (You don’t listen)

Ayo: Okay, I wont go out and play football anymore. But please don’t call daddy.

(The Next Day, Early in the morning the landlord calls for an urgent meeting in the compound.)

8:34 AM.

(Everyone was seeing waiting for the Landlord at the front of his house)

Corper: I have cloths to wash for christ sake. This man should quickly come out.

Mama Ire: I really have to open my store. I am losing customers already.

(Landlord finally comes out)

Landlord: Good morning to you all. The main reason for calling this meeting is to tell everyone a lot of people will leave this house.

Corper: Why?

Landlord: Because I cant keep attending to fights and arguments always.

Mama Ayo: We already know those who keep on fighting daily in this house.

Mama Akpos: Will you keep shut and let the Landlord talk>

Mama Ayo: Who are you to tell me to keep shut!

Landlord: Keep Quiet! You see what I am talking about. Many of you will leave this house.

Mama Ayo: I am sorry baba Landlord.

Landlord: And I think everyone have met our new tenant. I want you all to co-orperate with him. He is new. Mr Stones you have anything else to say?

Mr Stones: I wanna thank everyone for the love and support you have given me since entering this house. It is very interesting living in a ghetto like this. I am an engineer. A building constructor. I came to Nigeria some months ago. I was dealing with this set of people who promised to construct the biggest reservation center in Nigeria. I sent Money millions of dollars and they invited me and told me all was ready in Lagos Nigeria. And that the Stones Reservation Center was ready. I was very happy to have a trademark in Nigeria. I put in all my business and money. I was scammed, as I was dealing with the totally wrong people. I got into bankrupt and was left with little cash on me when i got to Lagos. I stayed in a five star hotel for months. I was trapped in Nigeria. I still hoped the business partners i was dealing with will come and see me. I couldn’t stay in the hotel anymore and I was stuck here. So I decided to find an apartment of my level. Then i found here.

Mama Akpors: Eeyah (Shakes her head in pity)

Ayo: Chai! Ninu Aye (Inside Life)

Mama Ayo: Sorry ooo. Aa ni ri iru e mo oo (Will nothing like this occur to us again)

Landlord: That’s so pitiable Mr Stones. I promise you will enjoy this house. This house is one of the most popular house in Ikorodu.

Papa Ahmed: We assure Mr Stones that we will all co-orperate with you.

Mr Stones: Thank you. And I must confess you all are very interesting.

Corper: Very very interesting. (Stylishly winking at Mr Stones)

(Hours later Akpos Ayo Joshua and Ire were all seeing with Mr Stones at the back yard)

Mr Stones: I think your parents should give you a chance to play football. Where I am from children like you are really respected and at this age, you should be playing for an academy.

Akpos: We all believe in Education in this country.

Ayo: The main reason is because this street football of a thing isnt encouraging. Nobody from Ikorodu have gone out there to play for the National team or play in London. That is why our parents take this as a waste of time.

Mr Stones: (Smiles) You guys are very good footballers. You just need a little training and tutoring.

Joshua: What I think is the problem now is that there is no diversity. The only Street football club in Ikorodu is Islanders FC. And it is owned by a popular senator in Ikorodu.

Mr Stones: Why don’t you guys apply to be in the club.

Akpos: (Smiles) Because we don’t have money.

Mr Stones: Money?

Joshua: Yes money. You have to bribe a lot of people before you get a chance to meet the coach and fix a screening.

Ayo: Even if you have a lot of money. You might not need screening. You can just go ahead and enter the team. They use this money to sign good players from other elite football clubs and place the ones that buys their way into the team on the bench.

Akpos: They don’t really have any competition. No one as rich as Senator Moripe in Ikorodu cares to take football up in the society.

`Ayo: He organizes a football tournament every year at the field where we saw you yesterday. This tournament is a five a-side tournament that consist of all the streets and Zones in Ikorodu. Only 32 teams can be in the competition. Its a knockout tournament. Once you lose you are gone.

Mr Stones: That is cool.

Joshua: The tournament is just a way of hyping him and his team the Islanders.

Mr Stones: How?

Ayo: Moripe started this tournament as he kicked off his campaign in 2015. He won the election and started his own football team. Since then the Islanders had always won the tournament. No other team can win the tournament. They beat everyone mercilessly. And that is because they are the best in Ikorodu they have the resources. They snatch the best players. It is everyone’s dream to play for the islanders.

Mr Stones: What is the reward for winning this competition.

Akpos: He promise to get the team into the Annual tournament Street League Of Lagos. The biggest Competition in Lagos. And the biggest street football competition in the world. And he also rewards the winner with a whooping #100,000. But since it is his team that wins the tournament every year. The money goes back into his pocket.

Mr Stone: How much is the form fee for the Competition.

Ayo: #5,000. Today is the deadline. Competition starts next week.

Mr Stones: Why are you guys not collecting the form.

Ire: (Laughs) Where do you expect us to get such an amount from.

Akpos: We hardly eat three times in a day. Where do you expect us to get a whole #5,000 from?

Mr Stones: You can ask from your parents or something.

Ayo: It is of no use. When you know you cant win a competition why place your fortune on it.

Mr Stones: What if I get it for you guys.

Joshua: Really? I will be the happiest man on earth. (Nears Mr Stones Anxiously)

Ayo: It is our dream to play in that tournament. You know how many people will watch you display your football skills? I will be so happy if you can make this come true.

Mr Stones: And your parents?

Ayo: At this moment. I will endure all the beatings and trouble I will get from her.

Mr Stones: Then what are we waiting for? Lets go get the form!

Episode Four Loading....

#Timmywrites Inc...

Get Episode Four now! Follow link!

http://www.timmywriters.com.ng/2019/02/street-league-of-lagos-episode-four.html?m=1
Re: Street League Of Lagos (S.L.O.L) by Wordsmith001: 6:46pm On Feb 24, 2019
Episode Four
(Mr Stones leaves)

Akpos: Yes!! (Hugs the other three)

Ayo: We made it. (Looking extremely happy)

Ire: I told you guys very soon. You will play tournaments. This is the beginning.

Mr Stones: Let us go now.

Akpos: Okay sir. We will take a cab to the town hall. That is where we acquire the form.

Mr Stones: Okay let us go.

Ire: You guys can go. I will be at home. I have to help my mum at the store.

Mr Stones: Okay. We will be right back.

(Mr stones and the kids got to the town hall)

Akpos: Hello sister.

Sister: Hello. How are you doing?

Akpos: I am good. Please we need to know where the forms for Moripe 5 A-side tournament is being collected.

Sister: Oh, you have to go upstairs. It is the second floor.

Akpos: Oh thanks. (Whispers) Second floor.

(Mr Stones and the kids got to the second floor and saw the kiosk. Moripe 5 A-side bodly written on it)

Mr Stones: (Gets to the Kiosk) Good afternoon sister.

Sister: Good afternoon.

Mr Stones: We are here to collect the form for this competition.

Sister: Oh, we are very sorry. The form just finished today. The 32 teams are complete.

Akpos: What? How form go finish. Which kind nonsense be that.

Sister: You have to be calm sir. There is nothing we can do.

Ayo: You can do something. This tournament is done only once in a year. If we miss this chance we might not be able to play in this tournament anymore.

Sister: I am sorry but there is nothing we can do about this. The form has finished.

Joshua: Form cannot finish se. I go act film for here oo (Sits on the floor) You know since when we have anticipated this tournament. Now we have someone to sponsor us you are telling us story. Please do something about it.

(Gradually people’s attention have been drawn to the scene)

Mr Stones: Are you saying there is nothing we can do about this?

Sister: Absolutely nothing sir.

Mr Stones: Boys lets go. We have no choice than to take heart.

Ayo: Damn!! (Became angry as he bangs the wall) This is all I have wanted my whole life. A chance to showcase myself to the world.

Mr Stones: Another time Ayo. You will have the chance.

Akpos: This is the time oyinbo. Na the time be diz.

Mr Stones: Pardon?

Akpos: Abeg leave pardon matter laidiz. (Please skip your pardon)

Sister: Please you are causing a…… (Phone Rings) Hello. Okay. I will do just that. Thank you. (Hangs up)

Akpos: See make we dey go. I have given up already.

Sister: Congratulations guys.

Joshua: (Surprised) What?

Sister: I just received a call just now. A team just backed out of the tournament. So automatically their money will be refunded and they will be replaced by you guys. (Smiles)

Akpos: Yes!!! (Hugs Sister and lifts her so high)

Sister: Oh my..stop this stop! You are embarrassing me.

Ayo: We are in the tournament! We are in the tournament!! (Screaming at the top of his voice)

(This really pulled a lot of attention)

Mr Stones: Guys, keep it low. You are disturbing other people.

Joshua: Are they mad? We are celebrating they should even join us. (Keeps on screaming)

M,r Stones: Sorry for the chaos sister. They are just overjoyed kids.

Sister: Gosh! This is so irresponsible of them. (Angrily facing Mr Stones) That filthy thing hugged me. I am dead.

Mr Stones: I am sorry.

Sister: How did you even know those kid?

Mr Stones: They are my neighbors.

Sister: Oh, next time you shouldn’t take in such lousy kids to your house again. They will continuosly drag your esteem down.

Mr Stones: No, I don’t own a house in Nigeria. I am also a tenant in that house too.

Sister: You?

Mr Stones: Yes. Whats wrong.

Sister: (Looks at him from head to toe) Oyinbo. You are living in a face- me-I-face-you apartment.

Mr Stones: It is a long story anyway I am Stones.

Sister: (Still surprised) I am Niniola. But call me Nini. So I wont break your teeth

Mr Stones: Okay. Nice meeting you.

Niniola: (Smiles) Me too. So you have to fill in a minimum of 5 players and maximum of 7 players in your team. Then you sign over here.

Mr Stones: I will call them to do that. (Calls the kids)

Akpos: (Hurriedly came by, breathing heavily) Sir.

Mr Stones: You have to put down the names of 7 players before we can be accepted into the competition.

Ayo: Really?

Niniola: Is this your first time?

Akpos:Yes.

Niniola: You don’t even talk to me. You are annoying. (Faces Akpos)

Akpos: Wetin happen? (What is the matter)

Niniola: So just fill in the slots. And sign.

Akpors: (Whispers to Mr Stones) We don’t have enough players.

Mr Stones: What do we do now?

Niniola: So you guys are not even ready for this.

Ayo: We are actually ready. But…

Niniola: I don’t think you are (Withdraws the Form)

Mr Stones: Can we just pay and we get back to you when we are sure?

Niniola: No, we have to submit the forms now. Today is the deadline.

Akpos: Okay bring the form. We will fill it.

Joshua: (Whispers) What are you doing?

Akpos: We will fix this.

(Akpos collects the form)

Akpos: If it is only seven players. Akpos Joshua Ayo, Uche Tommy..

Joshua: Which Tommy?

Akpos: Landlord’s son.

Joshua: Are you okay? That one no fit be our keeper oo

Akpos: We will manage him. ‘

Ayo: We cant manage him. He is too short na.

Akpors: That boy is the best keeper in House 22 those days.

Ayo: This a tournament. Not a friendly game. We need to be serious.

Akpors: You have any other option?

Mr Stones: Are you guys serious? So you don’t have enough players to compete.

Joshua: That is what we are sorting out sir.

Ayo: Okay put his name there we still need like three players.

Joshua: Put Ola’s name.

Akpos: Ola?

Ayo: Are you okay?

Akpos: Ola of all people. The smoker. No we cant include his name.

Niniola: I don’t think you guys are ready for this tournament.

Ayo: We are ready. W e have started including their names.

Niniola: You have your passports?

Akpors: Passport? You didn’t tell us we will be needing that.

Mr Stones: Madam, can you please release this form to us. We will pay for it and bring it back today. When we sort things out.

Niniola: No, that is not possible. I will be collating all forms today.

Mr Stones: I give you my word. The forms will be ready before you leave here.

Niniola: Oyinbo ooo. White man understand there is… (Mr Stones interrupts)

AkporssadWhispers) Add money.

Mr Stones: I will add more tips.

Niniola: Ehnehen. (Reluctantly) Okay. But this must get back here before 5pm

Mr Stones: I give you my word.

Niniola: Okay, but keep it well. It must not leak out to anyone.

Mr Stones: I promise.

Niniola: No problem so how are you paying?

(The boys and Mr Stones gets home. Corper was seen sweeping the yard)

Corper: Welcome Oyinbo oo

Mr Stones: Oh, thank you.

Ayo: (Hissed) Awon slay queen.

Corper: (Hissed) Iya ee slay queen.

Akpors: Ayo don’t start again ooo. We don’t have much time. Within hours we have to be at the hall again. Make we do this thing fast fast.

Ayo: I don’t even have her time.

Akpors: So (Drops the form on a chair beside him where Corper was sweeping)

Ayo: We will include Ahmed and Uche . But I don’t buy the idea of bringing Ola. That guy is too rugged. He does every kind of illegal acts. He has been arrested on different occasions I am not comfortable with him.

Joshua: But he will just be there he wont play na.

Akpors: I still don’t agree we put him.

Mr Stones: Is he good?

Joshua: One of the best.

Mr Stones: Put him, you don’t judge someone by his behaviour. He should be disciplined. I will handle that.

Ayo: Okay if you say so.

Akpors: Okay. Let me include his name. (Looks at the chair, it was empty) Jesus!

Mr Stones: What is it?

Akpors: The form. I cant find it.

Joshua: Abeg no do rough play oo

Akpors: I am serious.

Ayo: Where did you put it? What kinda rubbish is this?

Akpors: I put it here on the chair. I remember wella.

Joshua: Then who took it here now.

Mr Stones: Maybe the lady. She was sweeping.

Ayo: Yes very true. (They all quickly ran after corper)

Akpors: Corper! Corper! (Corper paused)

Corper: Why are you guys calling my name like that.

Ayo: The form you took from us. Please we need it back.

Corper: Which form.

Akpors: The paper you took on the chair. While you were sleeping.

Corper: I have disposed that one since. Its just a paper.

Ayo: You dispose wetin!! (You disposed what?!)

Episode Five Loading....

#Timmywrites Inc...

Follow link to get Episode 5 now!

http://www.timmywriters.com.ng/2019/02/street-league-of-lagos-episode-five.html?m=1
Re: Street League Of Lagos (S.L.O.L) by Wordsmith001: 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2019
Episode Five

Corper: I have disposed it since when. I though it was just a paper you put on the chair na. How do I know you need it.

Joshua: Chai! Corper has killed us.

(Akpors Joshua and Ayo started searching for the Form in the dump place. While Mr Stones stays in his room.)

Akpors: Which kind thing be diz na. (What rubbish is this)

Ayo: Our Village people are madly against us.

Joshua: How we go take see one paper out of this heap of dirt now.

(Sights two dirty looking boys checking a paper out.)

Ayo: Joshua, look at those boys. (Points to the young boys)

Joshua: Ewa oo (Wait a minute). That looks exactly just like our form.

Akpors: Na im ooo (That’s it oo)

(Joshua ran towards the boys)
Joshua: It is the form guys!

(The boys are very rugged and dirty looking and their resemblance is cannot be ignored)

Ayo: Wetin una dey do here?

Boy1: We should be asking you that. This is where we come to everyday to scavenge.

Akpors: Okay, see I no get time for all this. The form in your hands is ours. Hand it over Kiakia (Quickly).

Boy2: This Moripe’s competition form na.

Akpors: Yes, it is ours. Hand it over.

Boy1: I cannot hand anything over. Give us money.

Ayo: Wetin dey do this ones. Una dey mad? (What the hell is wrong with you guys? Are you mad?)

Boy2: Woo alaye street lawa ooo.(We are from the street) If una no drop anything now. We will tear this paper right now (Acts like he wants to tear the paper)

Akpors: Ahh! Wait na. Abeg don’t do this. This competition will close today by 5. we have less than 1 hour now.

Boy1: Ehn ehn. Okay we will release this on one condition.

Joshua: See we too na street oo. We fit scatter everywhere for you now now. This ones dey mad?

Boy2: Sebi na just to tear the paper we go tear am ooo (Threatens to tear the form)

Ayo: Hey guys wait, I think I know one of you.

Boy1: Where you wan take know me?

Ayo: Seriously. I know you. We once played together at powerline that day. Remember.

Boy2: Oh, that’s me. We gather dey same team that time. Wey we win like 8-9 sets.

Ayo: Yes.

Boy2: Yes na.

Ayo: You are…. (Boy2 interrupts)

Boy2: Paul

Ayo: Yes, Paul. I remember.

Joshua: See Ayo. We don’t have time for all this memory nonsense. We need the form. Time don dey go.

Paul: This is my twin brother Peter.

Akpors: How far please give us this form we need to leave now.

Paul: On one condition.

Akpors: Which condition again. We have respected you enough we just don’t want this form to get spoilt.

Paul: Put our names in the team list.

Joshua: You know that is not possible

Ayo: Guys Paul is a very good midfielder. The only time we played together the guys was a beast. We can include Paul.

Akpors: What are you saying? Someone we have not seen him play for once.

Ayo: I have seen him playing and I swear guys. This Paul guy is very good.

Joshua: Ayo what is all this? You know we must not let Mr Stones down. That man believes in us. Five Thousand no be small money ooo.

Ayo: I believe in this guy. Afterall we are looking for players.

Akpors: Okay guys. Its just to complete 7 players. Let us Include his name. No time.

Peter: And my name too.

Akpors: Ahhh! (Picks a dry stick) E be like say una dey mad!(I think you guys are mad) Give me that form!

Peter: We will tear the form. And I am serious (Moves back)

Ayo: Guys it is better we include their names than lose the form completely time Is going already.

Joshua: Okay guys. Bring the form and let us put your names there.

Paul: Give us the pen and we do justice ourselves.

Joshua: (Sighs) God. (Hands over the pen)

(Paul and Peter puts their names in the list. And hands over the form to the boys)

Joshua: (Hurriedly collects the form) Thank you.

Paul: Where can we catch you guys.

Ayo: We stay in House 22. You can catch us there.

Paul: No wahala na.

(Ayo Akpors and Joshua quickly leaves the dumpsite and head for the Town hall)

(It was just five minutes to 5pm when they got to the town hall)

(Akpors Ayo and Joshua hurriedly enter hurriedly enters the hall.)

Niniola: (Sights them) Where have you guys been?

Akpors: It wasn’t easy maami. We had lots of problems on our way.

Niniola: Just hand the form over. Hope it not altered sha.

Ayo: (Hands over the Form) It is neat.

Niniola: House 22 FC.. Paul Eweola, Peter Eweola, Ayo Oladimeji, Akpors Bezi, Ahmed Ibrahim, Joshua Onazi, Oba Aiyeola. The passports of Paul and Peter Eweola are not here.

Ayo: Yes, we couldn’t get that. We had to steal and forge Ahmed and Uche’s own self.

Niniola: So you forged someone’s signature?

Akpors: Not really forge self but… (Niniola interrupts)

Niniola: Its okay.the signature is paramount.

Ayo: Okay.

Niniola: Where is Oyinbo?

Akpors: He is fine at home. Can we go now?

Niniola: Everything is done. I will find a way of submitting it to the headquarters but I just want you to know that you have just wasted that white man’s money. You guys are not ready why did you apply for the tournament.

Joshua: We are ready alaye.

Niniola: Like this?

Joshua: Are we done?

Niniola: You can go!

Akpors: Thanks.

(The boys were seeing very happy. Their dream is gradually coming true.)

(The boys got home to anticipating to see Mr Stones. Their Messiah. Suddenly Corper quickly came to meet them)

Corper: Where have you guys been?

Ayo: Whats your business with that.

Corper: There is fire on the mountain ooo

Akpors: Talk now! What is the pronlem.

Corper: Your parents are around already and they have been looking for you guys.

Ayo: Is that all? I am prepared for Iya Ayo’s wahala(Trouble) before.

Corper: And some boys are looking for you. They have been smoking heavily in the back yard and drinking gin.

Akpors: They said they were looking for us?

Corper: Yes, they are identical twins.

Joshua: God! Those are the guys we met at the dumpsite.

Ayo: Paul and Peter. We are dead. What will I tell Iya Ayo?

Corper: We have tried to get them out of there but they werent having it. They just wanted to see you guys first.

Akpors: Is my dad back?

Corper: Since, he ranted heavily.

Akpors: God! (Bows his head in frustration)

Corpers: Just go in and face them)

(Akpors enters the house first)

(Everyone was seeing trying to rebuke the twins for smoking in the yard. But this boys were proving really stubborn)

Papa Akpors: You have to leave here! You cant come into our compound and start smoking.

Mama Ayo: (Holds Paul on the shirt) Ayo will explain to me where he met someone as useless and dirty like you guys.

Paul: Mummy e fi wa sile oo. (Mum leave us alone) If we don’t see Ayo and his friends today we are not leaving anywhere, We die here.

(Ayo interrupts)

Ayo: Mu..mummy. What is the matter?

Mama Ayo: Yess, speak of the devil. Where do you know them?

Ayo: They? (Looking surprised) I don’t know them.

Paul: Ahh!! Ayo. O de ma ku ni (You will die)

Akpors: Guy, do we know you?

Peter: Are you guys mad? Una think say we kum play for here? When we dey start training? (We are not playing here, when do we start training?)

Joshua: We talk say we no sabi you. (We don’t know you guys)

Paul: Okay, una go see film right now. (Picks a bottle at the yard tries to attack Akpors, Joshua held his hands to prevent a launch of bottle on Akpors head. The scene becomes a brawl as Akpors and Ayo and Joshua were trying to get the twin brothers out of House 22. But Paul and Peter resulted it into violence.)

(Mr Stones had to interfere again)

Mr Stones: What the hell is happening this time?

Mama Ayo: They are fighting ooo. Oyinbo they are fighting!

Mr Stones: Akpors and Ayo?

Mama Ayo: Yes, I don’t know where those guys came from they claim to know Ayo. But Ayo and Akpos denied them. The boys have been smoking and drinking gin at the yard for hours now. Waiting for our boys.

(The fight becomes so tense that all the women in the house had to step back. Mr Stones tries to come to the rescue)

Peter: Yee. My eyes. (Holds his left eye where Ayo gave him a heavy punch)

Paul: See my brother eye. Ayo see my brother eye. (Quickly picks a plank beside him)

Mr Stones: Guys, stop this, stop this.. (Tries to stepup to the situation)

(Paul tries to launch an attack on Ayo with the plank but Ayo quickly diverts the plank and it hit Mr stones right on the head. Blood was gushing out of Mr Stone’s head. He was lying lifelessly on the floor.)

(Immediately Paul and Peter fled the building)

Episode Six Loading....

#Timmywrites Inc...

Get Episode Seven now!

Follow this link

http://www.timmywriters.com.ng/2019/02/street-league-of-lagos-episode-six.html?m=1
Re: Street League Of Lagos (S.L.O.L) by alexsandro(m): 10:00pm On Feb 26, 2019
great dialogs... interesting to read
Re: Street League Of Lagos (S.L.O.L) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
You are doing a very fine job. Please bring it on!
Re: Street League Of Lagos (S.L.O.L) by Wordsmith001: 11:20am On Mar 01, 2019
Episode Six
(Mr Stones was quickly rushed to a nearby clinic where he was being treated)

Landlord: Chai! See as una do a whole londoner! All of you will leave that house nobody will beg me today! Once you get home Mama Akpors Mama Ayo and Mummy Joshua I don’t want to see you in my house anymore.

Mama Akpos: Baba Landlord, we told you we don’t know where this boys came from.

Mama Ayo: Yes, they were just one of the street boys looking for trouble.

Landlord: So the best thing your stupid child could do is to engage him in a fight and break a whole Oyinbo’s head. You think if their government knows about this we are not done for? E e ko kuro nile mi (You will leave my house)

Mama Akpos: And Akpos didn’t really engage in the fight ooo baba landlord, it was Ayo and Joshua. Akpos was trying to separate them.

Mama Ayo: Abi ee ri oloriburuku (Can you see this unfortunate woman) Was your son not the pioneer of everything? Mad woman.

Mama Akpos: Ehn, who is Mad woman?.

(Nurse enters)

Nurse: Please, you are disturbing the patient too much and even the whole clinic. Please keep the voice down.

Landlord: Abi ee ri nkan ti mo n sin (Can you see the idiots I have in my house) In House 22 you fought and broke Oyinbo’s head. Una follow the Oyinbo to hospital again wan break his head. Wo n fi se yin ni (Are you possessed)

Mr Stones: (Speaks but very weak) Where is Akpors Ayo and Joshua.

Landlord: Eee you can talk. Don’t talk ooo, the doctor said you should rest well.

Mr Stones: Get me Akpos Ayo and Joshua.

Landlord: Okay, (Baba Landlord steps out of the ward) Akpos!!! (Screams at the top of his voice)

Nurse: Ahh! Baba you are in a clinic now. You want people to die here?

Landlord: Ma binu omo mi. (Don’t be annoyed) Ayo!!!! (Screams again)

Nurse: Argghhh! (Looks at Landlord offensively and hissed)

Landlord: Its not your fault, if not for the bastards I have been calling since. Will you come here and start telling me nonsense? Joshua!!! (Screams again)

(The three boys hurriedly showed)

LandlordsadRemoves his traditional yoruba cap and hits them with it angrily) I have shouted the whole clinic even thought I was crazy. Where have you been.

Ayo: We were outside the clinic.

Landlord: E sha wole (Just enter) Oyinbo wants to see you.

Akpos: Eeeh, Oyinbo don wake. (Excited)

(They all rushed in quickly. Immediately they entered their mothers gave them a stern look)

Ayo: Mr Stones you are awake.

Mr Stones: My head still hurts.

Landord: Pele. Igi yen tobi (The plank was big) You all will leave my house se! E fe koba mi (You want to implicate me)

Akpos: Sorry for this, we are deeply sorry sir.

Mr Stones: There is no problem. Have you submitted the form?

Akpos: Yes we did. She said they will contact the number on the form.

Mr Stones: And you have seen enough players?

Ayo: Yes sir.

Mr Stones: That is nice. When will our training commence. The competition is next week.

(Mama Ayo interrupts)

Mama Ayo: What rubbish are you saying? Which training, which competition? If I use my back hand to give you a resounding slap Ayo! Instead of you Oyinbo to gather them and teach them Use of English so they will pass jamb. You are busy encouraging them to play one stupid football.

Mama Akpos: So you guys now have the money to buy competition form. Una no dey think. Una no get sense.

Mama Joshua: Leave this kids. If football is their dream ,let the achive it now. Its nothing.

Mama Ayo: Hey hey hey, hold it. Na because say you no get husband. If you had husband your husband will not leave you to finish your own son’s life.

Mama Joshua: Did you just say I don’t have an husband?

Mama Ayo: Yes, sho o loko ni (Do you have any husband)

Mama Joshua: (Unties her head tie) You dey craze?

(Doctor interrupts)

Doctor: Hey hey hey, It okay. (Removes the drip from Mr Stones) You can all go now. He is discharged.

Landlord: But you said till tomorrow na Doctor.

Doctor: Yes, but I don’t know you are bringing animals to stay with him. This women have been shouting since they got here. Disturbing the whole clinic. Some patients have died due to their shouts

Mama Akpos & Mama Ayo: Ahhh!!! Haba!!!

Landlord: What is haba? I am going home now. And I am going to pacl all your things. You know when I start my own madness nobody fit hold me. (Angrily leaves the ward)

Doctor: So pleas, find a way of getting Oyinbo out. And you follow me to get his drugs(Points at Joshua)

(After some minutes Mr Stones was taken home. Baba Landlord was seeing with two grown men. With a bottle of Liquor in his right hand. Those two grown men were packing Mama Akpos properties out of her room. While another in Mama Ayo room)

Landlord: Pack everything, they cannot kill me. For this house wey we dey. This is my father’s house. No be lion’s den.

Mama Ayo: (Quickly kneels) Landlord please, we will not do this again. Ejoor (Please)

Mama Akpos: Baba Landlord. Abeg na. We no go do like that again. We don trun friends self. (Fakes a smile with Mama Ayo)

Landlord: Pack their loads out. Awon Werey (Mad people)

Mama Joshua: Landlord please don’t do this. This ikorodu. Houses scarce oo.

Landlord: Because we have not pack your own load too abi? That is why you can beg for others.

Mama Joshua: Ahh, sorry oo.

Landlord: The only person that can beg me and I will listen is Oyinbo. Omolomo te fo ori ee (The poor boy you broke his head).

(Almost immediately Akpos and Ayo were seeing escorting Mr Stones into the house. Bandage was tied round his head)

Mr Stones: What is happening?

Corper: Landlord is chasing them away ooo.

Mr Stones: Why?

Corper: They cause trouble too much. Everywhere. Do you enjoy their trouble in this house?

Akpos: (Looks at Corper offensively) Iffai whoze you ehn (If I slap you) You will see stars (Hissed)

Ayo: (Goes to meet Landlord) Baba Landlord wetin dey happen na. (What is happening)

Landlord: Wetin dey happen. Ni ile ti baba ko. (Is this your father’s house) See him asking me wetin dey happen? Obaje (You are disrespectful)

Mama Akpos: (Sights Mr Stones) Oh, Oyinbo. Please you are the only one who can beg our Landlord at this moment and he will listen. Please help us beg him. He is throwing us out.

Akpos: Please you have to do this for us.

Mr Stones: Okay, but on one condition.

Mama Ayo: What condition?

Mama Akpos: Any condition is okay. Just don’t let him throw us out.

Mr Stone: Your sons will be readily available for this competition

(Mama Akpos and Mama Ayo looks into each other eyes)

Mama Akpos: Thats what you want?

Mr Stones: Not more than that.

Mama Akpos: Granted. Akpos can play football anytime he wants. Just make sure we don’t get thrown out.

Mama Ayo: Ahh (Reluctant) Iyen a le die ooo (That will be hard)

Mr Stones: I just came back from the hospital, I shouldn’t be standing for too long. You want to do this or not Mama Ayo?

Mama Ayo: Odaa (Okay) He will play football anytime he wants. Provided he doesnt join this bad gang people.

Mama Ayo: Yes, do I have any other option. Since our drunk Landlord is bent on chasing us out.

Mr Stones: Okay deal?

Mama Akpos: Deal.

Mama Ayo: (Reluctantly) Deal. Mtcheew.

(Mr Stones whispers to Landlord)

Landlord: No!! No!! This people will leave my house.

Mr Stones: I just want you to forgive them. This will be the last time.

Landlord: Its because of you oo Oyinbo.

Mr Stones: We will see in the evening.

Lamdlord: Okay. See all of you should thank Oyinbo. If not. Na under bridge una go dey by now. (Signals to his boys as they move)

Mama Akpos: Thank you Oyinbo. Thank you ooo.

Mama Ayo: Thanks Oyinbo.

Mr Stones: Ayo. Fix a pitch tomorrow let the whole team meet at the pitch tomorrow. By 4pm.

Ayo: Okay sir. We will do just.

Mr Stones: I have to rest first.

Ayo: It is necessary.

(Everyone enters their different rooms)

THE NEXT DAY

(Akpos and Ayo were seeing both holding a very old street ball.)

Akpos: Why are we always waiting for this Joshua boy self.

Ayo: Its like his mum always pray for him before he plays football.

(Joshua comes out of his room)

Joshua: Guys.

Akpos: You always apply make ups before you play football?

Joshua: (Smiles) That mama get wahala jare. Let us start going now.

Akpos: Oyinbo?

(Mr Stones steps out of his room in grand style. Dressed in an All arsenal jersey and a sport boot. He looks like a sportsman now)

Joshua: Wow! This is nice.

Ayo: (Laughs) That’s my Coach!

Mr Stones: Can we go now?

Akpos: Are you an arsenal fan sir?

Mr Stones: Yeah, Come You Gunners!

Ayo: Arsenal fans can endure sha.

Mr Stones: Can we go now?

Ayo: Yeah.

(As they were about leaving Papa Akpos enters)

Papa Akpos: Where are you going?

Akpos: We are going to the field.

Papa Akpos: You have the audacity to tell me you are going to the field?

Mr Stones: Sir, ask your wife about this. We had a deal.

Papa Akpos: Who are you?

Mr Stones: I am your new neighbor.

Papa Akpos: And who are you to tell me how to take care of my son.

Akpos: Papa, Mama don give me permission.

Papa Akpos: Okay. You can go. You mummy will explain to me. Why she allowed this nonsense (He leaves)

Akpos: Lets quickly leave here.

Ayo: What of Oba.

Mr Stones: The landlord’s son.

Akpos: Yeah.

Mr Stones: Can he play football?

Ayo: We just had to put him there. We didn’t see any other player at that crucial moment.

Mr Stones: Don’t worry. Call him. I hope the other guys are ready.

(Ayo quickly calls Oba. As they all moved to the field)

(They arrived at a small secondary school pitch)

Ayo: Welcome to Kosiwere stadium!

Akpos: This is our school Mr Stones. So we can use this place for training.

Ayo: Yeah. We play here during school days.

Mr Stones: You have to be careful on a pitch like this. Grasses are very few.

Akpos: The pitch we will use for the competition is just like this.

Mr Stones: Well, its street football in Nigeria. Lets get started.

(Suddenly Paul and Peter shows from nowhere)

Mr Stones: (Sights Paul and Peter coming towards them) Are they not the guys who broke my head?

Mr Stones: What are they doing here. Call the Police! Call the Police now!

Ayo: They are part of our team sir.

Mr Stones: What?

Episode Seven Loading...

#Timmywrites Inc..

Episode Seven already on www.timmywriters.com.ng
Re: Street League Of Lagos (S.L.O.L) by XionTemmy(m): 1:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
Whats wrong? No update again.

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Assess This Piece / Do Human Beigns Have An Expiry Date? Hear God's Answer: / Law Of Attraction ---- How To Use It To Your Advantage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.