Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 (4084 Views)

Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) / NBA Announces Basketball Africa League To Start In 2020; Barack Obama Involved / NBA, FIBA Launching 12-team Basketball Africa League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by chineloSA(f): 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2019
How come they left out Sudan, DRC and Ghana. Those people have required height. smiley

SA are generally short.
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2019
Angolan club know how to trash Nigeris BC yansh
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Jaqenhghar: 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2019
shine12:
I'm a basketball fan but as an African, I still don't know why Africa cannot run a good and efficient basketball league and why the NBA needs to come to Africa to run a basketball league.
Its all the result of this lack of unity among Africans. The Europeans have their Euroleague whicj has been up and running and is a respected league. We prefer to stay in one place and beat chest about who is better than the other.
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Jaqenhghar: 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2019
emperorblog21:
Angolan club know how to trash Nigeris BC yansh
I forsee their teams winning the league back to back for years to come
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Jaqenhghar: 1:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
chineloSA:
How come they left out Sudan, DRC and Ghana. Those people have required height. smiley

SA are generally short.

Then you dont know basketball. No be by height
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 18, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
I forsee their teams winning the league back to back for years to come
uhm let watch out
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by chineloSA(f): 2:56pm On Feb 18, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Then you dont know basketball. No be by height

Height is contributing factor. They recruit dwarfs,abi?
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by KENFERDYOORI(m): 3:41pm On Feb 18, 2019
That'll be nice
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Nostradamus: 3:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
chineloSA:

yea,height is a contributing factor,but height is not all. Shorter guys who have practiced hard and have developed their ballhandling and shooting are excellent pointguards(pointguards are the shortest on the team but their position is really important).just like any other sport, anybody can become so great in basketball with hardwork and immense practice.

1 Like

Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Jaqenhghar: 4:25pm On Feb 18, 2019
chineloSA:

If a dwarf can hoop why not? Any exec worth his salt will take a dwarf that can drop 25-30 points consistently over a bumbling clumsy 7 footer. You can google Muggsy Bogues, Nate Robinson and Spudd Web ( who even won the slam dunk contest ( Nate won it twice )). This is the one I can think of off the top of my head. Here is a link
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shortest_players_in_National_Basketball_Association_history
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Jaqenhghar: 4:30pm On Feb 18, 2019
emperorblog21:

uhm let watch out
Its true my guy. Their league is on another level. Truth is in Nigerian basketball we dont understand the bball fundamentals which is very crucial. Any idiot can dunk the ball or dribble between the legs but it comes down to the basics. Your shooting ability your ability to make plays involve your team mates and shoot veru well
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Sefe88: 4:59pm On Feb 18, 2019
We shall train and certify you. Once certified, your contact will be registered on all our platforms and products and if there is a client within your area who needs your service, you will be contacted.

Please send the following information below as Whatsapp to 08076661067(NO CALLS PLEASE)

Name
Cities / LGA or Towns you can cover
Other contacts (email) etc

Thank you.
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 18, 2019
You're my bro for saying this guy. YOU'LL SEE ME IN DUKE AND IN THE NBA VERY SOON.
Jaqenhghar:

If a dwarf can hoop why not? Any exec worth his salt will take a dwarf that can drop 25-30 points consistently over a bumbling clumsy 7 footer. You can google Muggsy Bogues, Nate Robinson and Spudd Web ( who even won the slam dunk contest ( Nate won it twice )). This is the one I can think of off the top of my head. Here is a link
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shortest_players_in_National_Basketball_Association_history
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Its true my guy. Their league is on another level. Truth is in Nigerian basketball we dont understand the bball fundamentals which is very crucial. Any idiot can dunk the ball or dribble between the legs but it comes down to the basics. Your shooting ability your ability to make plays involve your team mates and shoot veru well

yes bro. every sport in Nigeria is in disaster. it willvtake eternity before it can be revive
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Jaqenhghar: 9:20pm On Feb 18, 2019
Pointguardusa:
You're my bro for saying this guy. YOU'LL SEE ME IN DUKE AND IN THE NBA VERY SOON.
Amen brother. Work hard, practice and dont stop learning. Bless

2 Likes

Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 18, 2019
Thanks man. I'll remember you.
Jaqenhghar:

Amen brother. Work hard, practice and dont stop learning. Bless
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Shittaakeem(m): 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2019
Pointguardusa:
Thanks man. I'll remember you.
keep pushing brother.
Don't give up.
The NBA awaits

1 Like

Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 18, 2019
Thanks man. That's what I love about Basketball.
Shittaakeem:

keep pushing brother.
Don't give up.
The NBA awaits
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by Nostradamus: 11:26pm On Feb 18, 2019
Pointguardusa:
how tall are you?i mean your height?
Re: Basketball Africa League: Professional Competition To Launch In 2020 by KAM3KAZI: 11:55am On Feb 19, 2019
demolinka:
The National Basketball Association and the International Basketball Federation are to launch a professional league in Africa in January 2020.

The Basketball Africa League (BAL) will feature 12 teams from at least six African countries.

Fiba Africa's executive director, Alphonse Bile, said the league will help players compete in the "best possible environment".

Charlotte Hornets' Bismack Biyombo is one of 13 African players in the NBA.

Bile said: "The implementation of this league is vital to our young up-and-coming players in Africa as it gives them something to take aim at."

Fiba secretary general Andreas Zagklis added: "It's a huge joy to see our partnership with the NBA enter unchartered territory as we work together for the first time to maximise the potential of professional basketball in Africa."

Former US president Barack Obama has backed the plans, while NBA legend Michael Jordan, who is now the Charlotte Hornets chairman, was at the launch event in North Carolina.

Former US president Barack Obama tweeted his support for the new league

How will the league work?

The NBA and Fiba will conduct qualification tournaments to identify which teams from several African countries, including Angola, Egypt, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa and Tunisia, can compete in the league.

No more than two teams from the same country will be eligible to play in the league.

The NBA has seen 80 current and former players from Africa or with family links to the continent compete, including Hall of Famers Hakeem Olajuwon from Nigeria and Dikembe Mutombo from the Democratic Republic of Congo.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/basketball/47272427

FINALLY!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am I Right To Brainwash My Son For Arsenal? / 9japredict Scams, Beware Of 9japredict. My Story With 9japredict. / Pool Late News Papers: Bigwin Soccer, Pool Telegraph: Fortunesoccer.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.